Los Angeles takes down road signs to help the LGBTs

6,425 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 13 days ago by fixer
fc2112
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"So we don't want y'all to think we're all freaks and sex focused - so we're removing these signs that discouraged freaky and sex focused activity".
Lake08
Hey...so.. um said:

Really weird that the signs were only for midnight to 6am. I'm guessing it was more for prostitution than the gay bar but I could be wrong. Really weird for anyone to so consumed with getting a traffic sign removed. Mental illness symptom right there. They need Jesus.

Even Jesus can't help this….
ts5641
The left - tackling the important issues of our time...
TXAG 05
AG
Garrelli 5000 said:

OldArmy71 said:

According to the story, the signs were offensive not because they are intrinsically offensive, but because in days past they were erected to deter people from frequenting a gay bar and (probably) soliciting.
Ah. Too much rear ending. Lot of tailpipes ruined.

Not going to fall for the banana in the tailpipe again.
cevans_40
AG
Heard a good one the other day

What do you call a lesbian on fire?

LGBBQ
fixer
This is really beyond all comprehension.

Quote:

In other words, the signs interfere with the gay pastime of "cruising" (sexual solicitation). Whether or not they were actually posted specifically to ward off gay people is not confirmed, but the simple act of obstructing LGBT people from doing whatever they want to do is now considered "homophobia" by progressives.

"For me, growing up in South Central Los Angeles, cruising had a very different meaning. It usually meant folks in their lowriders or their cars, a lot of hip-hop music, just going up down Crenshaw Boulevard," Council member Soto-Martinez said. "But here in Silver Lake, cruising, of course, meant something very different. It meant an opportunity for the LGBT community to try to find human connection and intimacy and to be able to express themselves in a society at the time that was not very welcoming to the LGBT community."

LA City Council Removes U-Turn Signs In Gay Neighborhood Because They Are "Homophobic" | ZeroHedge
agent-maroon
AG
What if the signs were placed in these locations to mitigate a dangerous traffic maneuver and they didn't have anything to do with social justice issues at all?

Crazy thought, right?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Garrelli 5000
AG
TXAG 05 said:

Garrelli 5000 said:

OldArmy71 said:

According to the story, the signs were offensive not because they are intrinsically offensive, but because in days past they were erected to deter people from frequenting a gay bar and (probably) soliciting.
Ah. Too much rear ending. Lot of tailpipes ruined.

Not going to fall for the banana in the tailpipe again.
Right! Thank god for the U sign!

Well done BTW.

Staff - take out the trash.
EX TEXASEX
AgNav93 said:

I don't get it. What's offensive about no U-turns?
You weren't saying that last week !!

#FJB
EX TEXASEX
MD1993 said:

I guess they ran our of Confederate statues. This is a leap forward for society.
A GREAT LEAP FORWARD !!!
#FJB
Moral High Horse
But "one way" is perfectly fine. Love wins
fixer
agent-maroon said:

What if the signs were placed in these locations to mitigate a dangerous traffic maneuver and they didn't have anything to do with social justice issues at all?

Crazy thought, right?
Why have speed limits?

I mean my lifestyle is hampered severely by going 25 mph.

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.