Los Angeles takes down road signs to help the LGBTs

6,284 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by fixer
Waffledynamics
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

I'm sure public safety will improve. Good to see the city prioritizes the right things.
Tea Party
Caving to the whims of the perpetual victims.
Learn about the Texas Nationalist Movement
https://tnm.me
Jack Squat 83
AG
They'll leave the "Children Playing" ones no doubt, since they help identify the hot spots for them. (Apologies)
Pretty sure most of you don’t know me.
93MarineHorn
I've always thought "merge" signs were too sexual. They need to come down too.
zephyr88
AG
93MarineHorn
Isn't opposing "U-Turn" signage because it's "anti-trans" also an admission that you think gender is binary?
annie88
AG
I know that is dumb. And since they are on camera and we see them doing it and is illegal hopefully they will be fined and arrested. We know they won't.
well_endowed_ag
93MarineHorn said:

Isn't opposing "U-Turn" signage because it's "anti-trans" also an admission that you think gender is binary?

The entire "trans" movement presupposes two fixed genders. It is one big internal contradiction.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Weak and pathetic people
jjksterag
Pathetic people
AgNav93
AG
I don't get it. What's offensive about no U-turns?
Ag_07
AG
Is his name really Maebe A. Girl??

WTF
OldArmy71
AG
According to the story, the signs were offensive not because they are intrinsically offensive, but because in days past they were erected to deter people from frequenting a gay bar and (probably) soliciting.
Maroon Dawn
AG
OldArmy71 said:

According to the story, the signs were offensive not because they are intrinsically offensive, but because in days past they were erected to deter people from frequenting a gay bar and (probably) soliciting.

According to common sense that doesn't justify taking street signs today because you're offended
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I've always thought the slow children at play sign was pretty offensive.
Garrelli 5000
AG
OldArmy71 said:

Ah. Too much rear ending. Lot of tailpipes ruined.
Staff - take out the trash.
Gigem314
AG
Sounds like the premise for a South Park storyline...

Upset over his ticket for running a stop sign, Randy starts an online movement that panics the city into getting rid of all stop signs because they're convinced the signs are offensive to gays. Then chaos ensues. Gangs form and claim their own territories of the city. Cartman attempts to seize control of South Park and the city erupts into its own version of Mad Max.

The final battle culminates with the gay gang led by Mr. Garrison claiming victory. His first decree as head of South Park is...bringing back the stop signs. The city goes back to normal and all parties bond together to clean up the mess left behind. Randy realizes...maybe he should just pay the fine for his ticket and move on...but then fails the eye exam to renew his license after losing an eye in the final street battle.
MD1993
AG
I guess they ran our of Confederate statues. This is a leap forward for society.
Martin Cash
AG
93MarineHorn said:

There are only two kinds of people in the world: Binary and Non-binary.
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. Ecclesiastes 10:2
Martin Cash
AG
OldArmy71 said:

Freudian?
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. Ecclesiastes 10:2
byfLuger41
AG
So brave.
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
Keller6Ag91
AG
Ag_07 said:

WTF
Mental illness is real, ya'll.
Gig'Em and God Bless,

JB'91
Kraft Punk
"Maybe a girl"

Nah you're a dude w a mental illness
BadMoonRisin
AG
That's not a trans person, that's a *** dressing up as a characature of a woman who acts like a thirsty ***** 24/7 for the entertainment of other gay men --known as a drag queen.

They're different, evidently. And it's totally fine for them to perform for children in current year, or else you're a bigot.
doubledog
I would think stop signs would be offensive for anyone who thinks anything goes...
Tom Fox
These people get to vote.

Think about that for a minute and tell me universal suffrage is the way to go moving forward.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Biden to ban all STOP signs as they are anti sexual assault
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Definitely Not A Cop said:

I've always thought the slow children at play sign was pretty offensive.

I mean... who the hell let's the slow children play in the street anyway?!?!?!?!?
Hubert J. Farnsworth
This stuff would end if normal people beat the crap out of these fruits. The war on bullying was a huge mistake.
secAg_098
Weak people
HollywoodBQ
AG
Ag_07 said:

WTF
I voted for Maebe A Girl in the recall election against Gavin Newsom.

Pretty sad when he's the best option.
agent-maroon
AG
OldArmy71 said:

How the **** would the everyday driver and/or casual heterosexual observer even know that?

Or give a crap?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
dixichkn
AG
Isn't "yield" just shorthand for "acquiesce/allow the rapist to have his way"?

This is propagating cis male aggression and must be stopped immediately. Tear down these monuments to toxic masculinity
Hey...so.. um
Really weird that the signs were only for midnight to 6am. I'm guessing it was more for prostitution than the gay bar but I could be wrong. Really weird for anyone to so consumed with getting a traffic sign removed. Mental illness symptom right there. They need Jesus.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.