I'm a Nerd- Biden vs Trump rematch

2,244 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by Bulldog73
Bulldog73
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So I was curious to see how the upcoming rematch is coming along compared to 2020. I decided to compare the latest poll recorded in RealClear Politics for each state (didn't matter who the poll taker was or whether it was registered or likely voters) and compare it against the head to head results in 2020. There were a couple of small states which don't have any polling data yet. SOURCE

Want to guess how many states where Biden is doing better vis a vis Trump in 2024 than the results in 2020? Come on, take a guess.

4. That's it- 4 out of 42. Nebraska, Oklahoma, Louisiana and West Virginia, all of which Trump won easily in 2020 and which he will win easily in 2024. And this is generally from polls after his trial and conviction. And I don't see a whole lot on the horizon that will improve Biden's numbers between now and election day.

Biden is in deep doo doo. The Dems had better pull a fast one and replace him at their convention, or they will lose bad. But who would do better? Kamala? Newsom? As if they would do better?
Jeeper79
AG
There's a lot of ideological variance between conservative candidates, but liberals are more plug and play with the major difference being fitness for the job.

Picking nearly anyone but Kamala to replace Biden SHOULD provide them a boost, but I think they may have waited too long at this point. Outside of Newsome, few others on the left have the almost necessary celebrity or name recognition, and now they don't even have the time before the election to build it.
notex
AG
Replace Biden? But why?

rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
aggiehawg
AG
Jeeper79 said:

There's a lot of ideological variance between conservative candidates, but liberals are more plug and play with the major difference being fitness for the job.

Picking nearly anyone but Kamala to replace Biden SHOULD provide them a boost, but I think they may have waited too long at this point. Outside of Newsome, few others on the left have the almost necessary celebrity or name recognition, and now they don't even have the time before the election to build it.
They have waited too long to replace him with anyone OTHER than Kamala in my view.

So if Biden were to withdraw, willingly or no longer having the ability to fog a mirror (distinct possibility), it will fall to Kamala. Not seeing any way around that now.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
This is what the people wanted: a stooge while Obama runs the show.
TexAgs91
AG
notex said:

Replace Biden? But why?

Isn't Biden doing everything dems want him to do? Isn't he destroying America faster than any other dem/Marxist president?
Old McDonald
TexAgs91 said:

notex said:

Replace Biden? But why?

Isn't Biden doing everything dems want him to do? Isn't he destroying America faster than any other dem/Marxist president?
depends who you ask on the left, the socdems and leftists hate Biden because they think he's too far right on gaza
notex
AG
Old McDonald said:

TexAgs91 said:

notex said:

Replace Biden? But why?

depends who you ask on the left, the socdems and leftists hate Biden because they think he's too far right on gaza
Can you explain/describe the 'too far right on Gaza' perspective?
AggieMD95
AG
notex said:

Old McDonald said:

TexAgs91 said:

notex said:

Replace Biden? But why?

Too far right for them is somewhere right of yassar Arafat
agsalaska
AG
You should join us on the 'muh polls' thread.

We have mostly run of the trolls and partisans and have a pretty good discussion going on the math behind this election.

Come see us.
kb2001
AG
aggiehawg said:

Jeeper79 said:

They have waited too long to replace him with anyone OTHER than Kamala in my view.

So if Biden were to withdraw, willingly or no longer having the ability to fog a mirror (distinct possibility), it will fall to Kamala. Not seeing any way around that now.
The small inner circle of the DNC will put whoever they want as the nominee, and everyone will fall in line. Friday, things could be a mess and completely unknown, and come Monday morning, the candidate will be clear with the entirety of the media parroting that it's been the obvious choice since day 1, this was never in question, and it's just a far-right conspiracy theory that this was coordinated. We've seen it before, we'll see it again, most likely within the next month.
AggieVictor10
AG
Trump's gonna own.
Less virtue signaling, more vice signaling.

Birds aren’t real.

RFK/brain worm 2024
BboroAg
AG
I agree…I am curious how they get rid of Kamala…my guess is she steps down on her own
ts5641
It's the continuation of information like this that ensures biden will not be the nominee. How does Trump fare against Big Mike?
ts5641
AggieVictor10 said:

Trump's gonna own.
It'll still come down to 7-8 counties in the entire country and the dems are in charge of them.
LMCane
how many states did Trump lose in 2020 that he is going to win in 2024?
LMCane
ts5641 said:

AggieVictor10 said:

Trump's gonna own.
It'll still come down to 7-8 counties in the entire country and the dems are in charge of them.
THIS basic electoral knowledge has always been ignored or never known by the devout Trump fans.

it doesn't matter if Trump now wins Alabama 88 -12.

it matters if he can win more in Philadelphia and pittsburgh and scranton and state college and detroit and ann arbor and Milwaukee.

insulting Milwaukee as "an awful city" (which Trump has done) is not going to help!
LMCane
what does it say that the dementia patient beat the convicted felon, and it's 50/50 he will beat him again?

both sides can play this game ad infinitum

the takeaway: both candidates are horrendous.
Bryanisbest
AG
Wait, we should have nominated DeSantis because Trump will be so easy for Biden to beat. ?
JWinTX
LMCane said:

what does it say that the dementia patient beat the convicted felon, and it's 50/50 he will beat him again?

both sides can play this game ad infinitum

the takeaway: both candidates are horrendous.
Yeah, but you gotta pick one. Who are you gonna choose?
oh no
AG
Bulldog73 said:

The Dems had better pull a fast one and replace him at their convention, or they will lose bad.
I'm convinced they will.

Dems love their "democracy(tm)".. the dem voters had their choice, Bernie, usurped by their party four years ago because the regime knew better than the people. the dem voters had their party and the security state censor and propagate russia lies about proof of their chosen puppet's corruption so people wouldn't consider it when voting four years ago. the dem voters, seeing how bad the puppet is doing now, weren't even able to vote for anyone else in their party primaries in most states this past spring. and now the dem voters will have their regime party choose the next puppet for them - another one they didn't vote for. it's all about protecting "democracy(tm)".

..of course, the brainwashed masses will be excited about the candidate swap for someone they didn't choose in this great democracy(tm).
Ribeye-Rare
AG
The Chicken Ranch said:

This is what the people wanted: a stooge while Obama runs the show.
zephyr88
AG
Why does Biden have to wear those Aviators all the time?
annie88
AG

richardag
rocky the dog said:

Just once I wish a journalist would take the opportunity, just once.
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
Old McDonald
notex said:

Old McDonald said:

TexAgs91 said:

notex said:

Replace Biden? But why?

many pro-palestine leftists view biden's financial support of israel in the war as unacceptable complicity in genocide (not my view, before y'all get any ideas), and are loudly expressing that they will not vote for him because of it

lots of Twitter infighting going on since 10/7 between the libs and leftists over the latter's refusal to support biden over his support of israel
richardag
Old McDonald said:

notex said:

Old McDonald said:

TexAgs91 said:

notex said:

Replace Biden? But why?

many pro-palestine leftists view biden's financial support of israel in the war as unacceptable complicity in genocide (not my view, before y'all get any ideas), and are loudly expressing that they will not vote for him because of it

lots of Twitter infighting going on since 10/7 between the libs and leftists over the latter's refusal to support biden over his support of israel
We agree. Hope it holds up, we shall see.
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
Bulldog73
AG
This reminds me of when I was doing some work in Germany during the Obama-McCain election. I was specifically working with the CDU, the most conservative mainstream party at the time (CSU is too regional for major consideration nationwide here).

We were having a seminar on American politics, and the party leaders kept lamenting that Obama was far too centerist for their taste. It explained so much.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.