Pistol Brace Rule - ATF loses, again.

4,703 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by TexasRebel
japantiger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
FPC is much more effective than NRA these days
[url=https://www.instagram.com/gunpolicy/][/url]
FORT WORTH, TX (June 13, 2024) Today, Firearms Policy Coalition announced a major legal victory in its Mock v. Garland lawsuit challenging the Biden Administration's "pistol brace" ban rule issued by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). In the decision, United States District Court Judge Reed O'Connor granted summary judgment in favor of FPC and its co-plaintiffs and issued a final judgment and order vacating the ATF's rule. The case and opinion can be found at FPCLegal.org.

"The Biden Administration's ATF hates us so much that it lawlessly acted to turn millions of gun owners into felons, but FPC and our members ran towards the fire and defeated this evil," said FPC President Brandon Combs. "Today's order shows that our community can take on an immoral government and win. FPC members should be proud of what was accomplished today. We look forward to defending this victory on appeal and up to the Supreme Court, just as we have in other cases."

Today's victory is one in a line of FPC community successes against the Biden Administration. Indeed, the United States Supreme Court recently agreed to hear one of FPC's cases in which it prevailed in the courts below.

The plaintiffs are represented by attorneys Cody Wisniewski of FPC Action Foundation, Bradley Benbrook and Stephen Duvernay of the Benbrook Law Group, and R. Brent Cooper and Benjamin Passey of Cooper & Scully. Plaintiffs in this case are two individual FPC members, Maxim Defense, and FPC. FPC Action Foundation represented the Plaintiffs, alongside Benbrook Law. FPC expects the Mock decision and remedy to be appealed by the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ).

ttha_aggie_09
AG
Slicer97
AG
First off, you might want to add your own take on this so that it stays up.

Secondly, good. It's not this business of the ATF to decide what is or is not legal. They are a regulatory body, not a legislative one and thus don't get to make the law. They are only to enforce the law.

Next trick will be to get them to enforce the law without killing dogs and innocent bystanders that are not a direct physical threat to ATF agents.
Rapier108
All that is going to matter is how the Supreme Court rules in Garland v. Cargill.

We'll know that within the next 2-3 weeks. Maybe as early as tomorrow.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
BigRobSA
"shall not be infringed."

Pretty freaking clear.

Now for all the other infringements.
Saltwater Assassin
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

Im gonna need a link to these; start my Christmas shopping early

Edit: found it

https://becomeungovernable.com/atf-is-gay/?gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwsaqzBhDdARIsAK2gqnceZBx5tNcdxMI8ZhV6xRbiwjStD0JCPtc-wz97RlAmPyCepCF0MsoaAlwcEALw_wcB
Do right and bear the consequences. -Sam Houston
tk111
AG
Love that we have some organizations now that actually meaningfully go after this trash. GOA and FPC have been legally hammering the ATF and bogus legislation the last few years and its working.
deddog
AG
I thought the NRA would be leading the lawsuit.

Urban Ag
AG
I fully realize that the vast majority of Americans have no clue what a "stabilizing brace" is or even that the ATF created a rule regarding it, let it stand for many years, and then reversed it after millions and millions of Americans had legally purchased and used said device.

It's literally one of the most commie things I have ever seen this government do and it was completely intentional. The ATF approved the "brace" rule during the Obama administration and there is absolutely no question the dems attempted to play the long game to make millions of Americans (mostly white male conservatives) felons overnight.

Absolute commie scum.
aggieforester05
AG
When the ATF loses, freedom loving Americans win!
schmellba99
AG
Things like binary triggers, bump stocks, AR braces, etc. would not even exist if it were not for the absolutely stupid laws we have regarding firearms. They exist only as a mechanism to accomplish something that the law tries like hell to prevent citizens from owning.

It's dumb, the ATF is an unconstitutional communist organization that would, if left to it's own devices, do everything and anything possible to disarm every single American citizen - up to and including fire bombing a building and burning 75 people alive. Then taking pictures on the ashes and bodies after. Not illegals though, they don't seem to have the same laws applied to them.
Urban Ag
AG
So allow me to translate this case in terms the board libs and CM's may understand.

Let's say the DEA decides to allow farms to sell marijuana plants to individuals for the purpose of growing their own weed for personal consumption. The DEA even provides form letters to the farmers stating it is legal and the farmers send the letters out with each plant to ship or sell.

Millions and millions of Americans think this is great and they go out buy the plants and start growing weed in their backyards, greenhouses, on their deck, etc.

7-8 years go by and the DEA changes it mind. They put a new ruling out that says you can no longer grow marijuana plants and you must either destroy the plants or hand them over to the DEA or you will be a felon. Pot growers say hey, that's not fair. You told us it was legal. You even put it in writing.

DEA says, yeah we did, and since we are such good people we'll offer you this. If you're willing to let the DOJ get a mugshot, fingerprints, fill out some forms, undergo an FBI background check, pay a $200 fee per plant, and register your plants with the DEA, you can keep them legally. Oh and this process will take years to complete and we can't really guarantee you're legal to own the plants during this timeframe because we're basically making this up as we go. Sorry.

That's pretty much exactly what the ATF/DOJ/dem party did to millions of gun owners.
Urban Ag
AG
Saltwater Assassin said:

ttha_aggie_09 said:

Im gonna need a link to these; start my Christmas shopping early

Edit: found it

https://becomeungovernable.com/atf-is-gay/?gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwsaqzBhDdARIsAK2gqnceZBx5tNcdxMI8ZhV6xRbiwjStD0JCPtc-wz97RlAmPyCepCF0MsoaAlwcEALw_wcB
/raises hand

XL please! You know where we live.

usmcbrooks
CanyonAg77
AG
Next to suppressors ("silencers") the whole rifle/ pistol/ short barreled rifle, brace, short barrel, sawed off, folding stock/ etc mess is the biggest confusing nonsense in the ATF world.

Lots of potential felons over things that make almost zero difference in the number or types of crimes committed
schmellba99
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

Next to suppressors ("silencers") the whole rifle/ pistol/ short barreled rifle, brace, short barrel, sawed off, folding stock/ etc mess is the biggest confusing nonsense in the ATF world.

Lots of potential felons over things that make almost zero difference in the number or types of crimes committed
That's not a bug of the system.
Yesterday
AG
One thing Trump did that was a total disgrace!
Slicer97
AG
American citizens should be able to own any firearm they can afford, from a single shot, bolt action .22 up to and including an M134 or a GAU-8.
Breggy Popup
AG
Yesterday said:

That was bumpstocks. That is getting shot down as well.
Breggy Popup
AG
Slicer97 said:

American citizens should be able to own any firearm they can afford, from a single shot, bolt action .22 up to and including an M134 or a GAU-8.

Indeed. Ole Slidin' Biden was gaslighting the other day saying "you couldn't own a cannon even back in the civil war!" That BS...you have always been able to own a cannon even still today.

I hope the Bruen decision keeps knocking fedgov back on its ass.
EskimoJoe
Wyoming Aggie
AG
F the ATF, the FBI, and the CIA

EDIT: F the government
Ag_of_08
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

Were not claiming them, foist them off on someone else..
Ag_of_08
AG
Breggy Popup said:

Yesterday said:

Trump set the precedent the ATF used for this. He's a weak little NY anti-gun liberal, and people refuse to hold him accountable for it.

His crappy SC picks aren't guaranteed to back the lower courts either.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Huh?
Breggy Popup
AG
Ag_of_08 said:

Breggy Popup said:

Yesterday said:

Trump set the precedent the ATF used for this.

Did I say otherwise?
Ulysses90
AG
Repeal the National Firearms Act or better yet, let Clarence Thomas write an opinion on it and put it out of our misery.
Ag_of_08
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

Huh?

Trump is an old school NY liberal that is very anti gun. His SC picks have also been playing kick the can with most decision involving the ATF. His supporters refuse to see it. This whole mess with the new "rules" the atf is kicking out started under his directive.
well_endowed_ag
The ATF can suck a bag of richards.
Breggy Popup
AG
Ag_of_08 said:

ttha_aggie_09 said:

Huh?

Trump is an old school NY liberal that is very anti gun. His SC picks have also been playing kick the can with most decision involving the ATF. His supporters refuse to see it. This whole mess with the new "rules" the atf is kicking out started under his directive.

ATF has made arbitrary rules since long before Trump. Again, not defending Trump on his bumpstock directive...but he didn't start this. And I don't think he really cares about guns either way. I think he felt the need to "do something" after Las Vegas.
Ag_of_08
AG
"Take the guns first, worry about due process later"

A promise to sign any assault weapons ban that hit his desk.

Issuing an unconstitutional executive order that set the current slew of rules changes and reversals in effect( the bump stock ban is what got all this rolling....sorry)

His previous writings on guns. His statements about the need for GC.... the man is anti-gun. Sorry, not sorry.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
I I just posted a picture of a shirt… why are you ranting about Trump?
Breggy Popup
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

I I just posted a picture of a shirt… why are you ranting about Trump?

Did you reply to the wrong person?
Urban Ag
AG
If we're being honest and as much as it pains me to say it, Reagan's EO banning new full autos post 87 (may have been 86) was much worse than Trump banning bump stocks. Probably my single biggest critique of his entire presidency and I consider him the GOAT of at least the 1960's to the present. In fact, in the wake of the Vegas shooting I thought the bump stock ban was kind of political genius because no one really gave a sh**, they're pretty much worthless, and it helped shut up the anti-gun left (and right) at least for a little while.

GHWB also EO banned several specific firearms which set another really bad precedent but history has soured me on the Bush's so I don't mind stating that at all.
Ag_of_08
AG
My reply to the shirt was that the guys don't want the ATF, y'all moist them on someone else...
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.