Boston Celtics head coach with MSM head shot....

5,051 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by one safe place
TyHolden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
crickets after he hammers this question....why isn't this on espn, ccn, or even foxnews?

aggiebird02
Strongโ€ฆ
TyHolden
AG
this guy might be my favorite person in the world right now...damn. Even if I was a Mavs fan, I'd be rooting for this dude. He don't care.

TyHolden
AG
in 1 hour, I'm convinced this dude ain't real. He's an angel or something....

gabehcoud
Jason Kidd is black!? I was a young fan when the mavs had Jimmy, Jason, Jamaal and this is the first time learning he's black.
fixer
What a breath of fresh air.

May actually watch more than 2 possessions of NBA finals.

Bocephus
AG
TyHolden said:

this guy might be my favorite person in the world right now...damn. Even if I was a Mavs fan, I'd be rooting for this dude. He don't care.

He's too smart for that league.
TAMU โ€˜98 Ole Miss โ€˜21
vansprinkle
AG
gabehcoud said:

Jason Kidd is black!? I was a young fan when the mavs had Jimmy, Jason, Jamaal and this is the first time learning he's black.

He's extended family on my dad's side. It's been a few years since we got together as a massive family, but yes, I believe everyone in his immediate family has darker skin.
Heisenberg01
AG
vansprinkle said:

gabehcoud said:

He's extended family on my dad's side. It's been a few years since we got together as a massive family, but yes, I believe everyone in his immediate family has darker skin.

His mother Anne appears to be white (Irish descent) according to the internet.
Captain Pablo
AG
gabehcoud said:

Jason's dad, Steve, is black
vansprinkle
AG
Heisenberg01 said:

vansprinkle said:

gabehcoud said:

Well yes, there's of course some white on that side, as I too am white.
Captain Pablo
AG
vansprinkle said:

gabehcoud said:

Well, his father Steve is black. So I guess that would explain it

You are a relative of Jason's, but you were not aware of that?
vansprinkle
AG
Captain Pablo said:

vansprinkle said:

gabehcoud said:

Well, his father Steve is black. So I guess that would explain it

You are a relative of Jason's, but you were not aware of that?

I'm not blood. He's related to my aunt, who married into the family. Before Covid we would have massive Easter celebrations with 100+ people. Always people from extended family, family of family, and some just friends of family. One year, my aunt who is somehow related to him, held Easter at her place in Hempstead. There were 100+ white people and a handful of black people there. I visited with them and found out their story, and how they were related. Sorry I don't remember all the details, as I don't know all the people in my aunts family, I just remember thinking how cool it was that they were part of the big extended family. And no, he wasn't there, so it wasn't obvious to me at the time who they were until I started visiting with them.

It's a simple 6 degrees of separation scenario. Not a cool story, bro.
ts5641
The "plight" of black coaches in the NBA? You mean people making multi millions of dollars coaching a game they love? Is that the plight you're referring to?
Do they even hear how dumb their questions are?
FIDO95
AG
vansprinkle said:

Heisenberg01 said:

vansprinkle said:

gabehcoud said:

Well yes, there's of course some white on that side, as I too am white.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Kraft Punk
Almost makes me wanna turn on an nba game....

But nah.... never again after they're Marxist racebaiting bull**** Covid court
TyHolden
AG
Kraft Punk said:

Almost makes me wanna turn on an nba game....

But nah.... never again after they're Marxist racebaiting bull**** Covid court
the finals will be over soon. too many dallas fans were touting the stanley cup and the nba championship too early. karma killed them. and i'm a stars' fan.
IndividualFreedom
I have never heard so many crickets in my life!!! Was that edited? It is changing. The good guys are trending.
The Porkchop Express
That's a common theme sometimes for minority reporters to think they can get the "easy answer" because of a common race/ language.

I was in the Astros' locker room a long time ago when trash panda Jose de Jesus Ortiz started going on and on with a question in Spanish for Miguel Tejada who listened to the whole thing and then said, "How about you ask in English so everyone can understand us?"
Moral High Horse
stillmerk
AG
sleepybeagle
AG
TyHolden said:

wow...
sleepybeagle
AgBandsman
AG
TyHolden said:

I'm a Mavs fan, and I'm rooting for this guy.
Raiderjay
AgBandsman said:

TyHolden said:

I'm a Mavs fan, and I'm rooting for this guy.
I am in the same boat, a Mavs fan, but now a super fan of this man standing strong in his faith in a sport/media world that is completely against it.....
kyledr04
AG
Impressive. Feel better about the Mavs losing.
NoahAg
This makes the sting of the Mavs losing feel a bit better.
Owlagdad
Media and liberals always want to stir the pot.
Most folks of any color just want to watch and root for their team and get along in life.
APHIS AG
Bocephus said:

TyHolden said:

He's too smart for that league.
And it would be great if he were to replace Popobich as the Spurs coach.

Then I could be a Spurs fan again.
Slicer97
AG
Pops and his idiotic, unsolicited poltical opinions is part of the reason I quit watching the NBA. Jordon retiring (the Washington years don't count) is the other.

I miss the days when sports was just about sports.
TyHolden
AG
Slicer97 said:

Pops and his idiotic, unsolicited poltical opinions is part of the reason I quit watching the NBA. Jordon retiring (the Washington years don't count) is the other.

I miss the days when sports was just about sports.
I miss the days when the news was actually the news....
aTmAg
AG
Cuban is a *****. I've wanted them to loose ever since he produced that anti-American movie. This makes them losing even sweeter.
Old Sarge
AG
Now, compare this coach's stances on life against LeBron. Squared away in life vs. glad for direct deposit b/c signing his name on a real check might be a real challenge, but vocal politically.

Poster above was correct. This coach is too good to be in this league.

"Green" is the new RED.
Danny Vermin
aTmAg said:

Cuban is a *****. I've wanted them to loose ever since he produced that anti-American movie. This makes them losing even sweeter.

Frankenstein is the reason I quit watching them. I do love the fact that the new owners are very conservative to the tune of 100 million to Trump and Co. Its gotta drive that pos crazy.
richardag
Rays of hope for our nation.
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.โ€
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
one safe place
ts5641 said:

The "plight" of black coaches in the NBA? You mean people making multi millions of dollars coaching a game they love? Is that the plight you're referring to?
Do they even hear how dumb their questions are?
Yeah, give me some of that plight.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.