California Highways are about to get a lot louder..

4,390 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Buck Turgidson
bmc13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
is this supposed to be a "safety" feature or an "emissions" feature
texagbeliever
Great another time California will get to institute some stupid overbearing law and then automakers will comply with all vehicles rather than isolate it just to California.

This would also mean that the vehicle would have to be connected to the internet & have GPS so that it can have maps and know the speed limit. I'm sure this will have $0 cost to the end user.
rgleml
AG
We rented Pajeros in Kuwait in the late 90s that would beep at you, if you drove too fast. I think they were set at 120 kph. The cars would go about 160 kph. We always said you weren't driving fast enough if it wasn't beeping.
buzzardb267
AG
Quote:

According to Senator Wiener, California and America as a whole have seen a "horrifying spike" in deaths of drivers, pedestrians and cyclists over the years, especially since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic; the California Office of Traffic Safety's 2023 Traffic Safety Report found that deadly crashes involving alcohol and drug-impaired driving, motorcyclist fatalities and teenage driver fatalities all increased from 2020 to 2021.
You can't make this up....Senator Wiener!
"ROGER - OUT"
usmcbrooks
aggiepanic95 said:

Problem solved.

Hope those aren't the 3M earplugs they have been trying to get veterans to join a class action lawsuit over.
Buck Turgidson
I just HATE everything about California these days. Every single idea they have is infuriating, and every infuriating idea becomes law there.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.