Another Anecdote of Old Austin Libs Fleeing

4,952 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by techno-ag
Muy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
rocky the dog said:

Quote:

I'm 65 years old, so abortion laws don't affect me. But they will affect my 14-year-old daughter.
...and any baby she might carry.

Do libs ever think about the babies?

Easy now, she just wants her daughter to be a ho and not face any consequences.
Roll the Bones
AG
Who doesn't miss the good ol days when you could "catch a drag show downtown"?
APHIS AG
Roll the Bones said:

Those were the days of "keeping Austin weird" however, now weird has became the norm.
Shoefly!
AG
Roll the Bones said:

Now you can catch a drag show at town lake and then watch the dragger squat down and leave a steamer on the sidewalk.
ts5641
VaultingChemist said:

Great news for Texas. Bad news for Pennsylvania.

They are trading Austin's hot humid summers for the brutal cold and snow during winter in Pennsylvania. The stress of such a move will probably shorten their lifespans by several years.
I get it; the summer's are a ***** in Texas, but you're just trading one issue for another.
American Hardwood
AG
Muy said:

rocky the dog said:

Quote:

I'm 65 years old, so abortion laws don't affect me. But they will affect my 14-year-old daughter.
...and any baby she might carry.

Do libs ever think about the babies?

Easy now, she just wants her daughter to be a ho and not face any consequences.
Most folks that age want grandchildren. Leftism is a mental disease that goes against the natural order.
Burdizzo
AG
65 years old with a 14 year old daughter?

Not today, menopause. Not today.
agsalaska
AG
No reason to read an article about that trash, but if I have any advice for my kids it is have kids early. We as a society wait WAY too long to have children. I'm convinced that is the most not talked about problem in Western society.

An average new mother should be 19-20, not 29-30. It's crazy and unnatural.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.

JB99
AG
Trash article. Lots of places to live in Texas outside of Austin that are just as or more affordable than North ****ing west Pennsylvania. This lady is moving over abortion, so her daughter can have sex with no consequences. Good riddance.
93MarineHorn
agsalaska said:

No reason to read an article about that trash, but if I have any advice for my kids it is have kids early. We as a society wait WAY too long to have children. I'm convinced that is the most not talked about problem in Western society.

You're encouraging women to have children before they've finished their 2nd yr of college? That is way too young. These days, late 20's is much better for both the mother and child.
agsalaska
AG
93MarineHorn said:

agsalaska said:

You're encouraging women to have children before they've finished their 2nd yr of college? That is way too young. These days, late 20's is much better for both the mother and child.
Bull**** it is. That mindset is part of the problem.

This delay in child bearing is a relatively new phenomenon and is unique to western civilizations but not all of them. It is inherently unnatural and problematic. I would MUCH rather my daughter be done with child bearing by 25 then start at 30.

This is a thread derail so I will let it go.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.

Burdizzo
AG
My g-g-grandparents, great-grandparents, grandparents, and numerous other relatives are buried in the same cemetery in South Austin. My roots in Austin go pretty deep. I grew up there when it was fun and moved away in the mid-1990s. It was a great place to live because everyone got along, yet the town never took itself too seriously. But sometime about the 1990s that changed. I was in Maggie Mae's and met a group of new Austinites, and person said "Wow, I've been here six months, and you're the second person I've met who's actually from Austin.". I knew at that point Austin was changing too fast and for the worse. It went from that to a place that decided it was an indispensable cultural center ("Live Music Capital of The World") that didn't give a rip about anyone and only cared about its status. That lady in that article is typical of those that caused the change.
bonfarr
AG
Lost me at "back then you could go downtown and see Drag Shows". Pretty sure you can see those on any street corner in Austin now.
techno-ag
AG
Burdizzo said:

My g-g-grandparents, great-grandparents, grandparents, and numerous other relatives are buried in the same cemetery in South Austin. My roots in Austin go pretty deep. I grew up there when it was fun and moved away in the mid-1990s. It was a great place to live because everyone got along, yet the town never took itself too seriously. But sometime about the 1990s that changed. I was in Maggie Mae's and met a group of new Austinites, and person said "Wow, I've been here six months, and you're the second person I've met who's actually from Austin.". I knew at that point Austin was changing too fast and for the worse. It went from that to a place that decided it was an indispensable cultural center ("Live Music Capital of The World") that didn't give a rip about anyone and only cared about its status. That lady in that article is typical of those that caused the change.
Yeah gone are the days when men stopped their trucks and pulled out deer rifles to shoot back at the clock tower shooter. I bet most Austinites don't drive trucks, hunt, or even own a gun.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.