Tennessee AG: We can't ignore laws we don't like

3,922 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by javajaws
ts5641
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What if the biden administration said we need to round up all the Jews? I mean, we have to follow the law right? Some laws are wrong and morally reprehensible and I'm glad Ken Paxton has the balls to stand up against the evil of this joke of an administration.
MouthBQ98
AG
I interpret this not that he is saying they will enforce the new interpretation of the law, but rather that he is drawing a contrast between the left which often is simply ignoring laws or portions of laws it doesn't like, and the right which moves to lawfully change or clarify the law instead of just ignoring it when it is inconvenient.

That is how I see the statement.
GenericAggie
AG
Exec branch creating law….
The Banned
I'm a rule follower myself, so I appreciate the desire to not play dirty because the left does it. However, the left has been ignoring extremely important immigration law for a long time. I believe it is time for disobedience to bad leadership.
javajaws
AG
Bubblez said:

This is regarding the Biden administration's changes to Title IX. He doesn't like them, and is suing the government to get them overturned, but unlike some other states, he isn't going to simply ignore the law. We have people like Ken Paxton that don't believe in the rule of law, They don't believe in the Constitution. They fully demonstrate this by openly defying the rule of law by saying they won't comply. This is no other than the anarchy they claim they decry.

Glad somebody on the right still believes in the rule of law.
That's some pretty selective memory there! I think you have surpassed yourself.

Perhaps you missed all of the states (mostly liberal) that have ignored federal drug laws?

Or all the states (and the federal government itself) that have ignored immigration laws?

But sure, keep on with the selective news clipping and make yourself look stupid - it only further shows that you don't believe in laws but in the leftist agenda.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.