Desantis to be Trump's VP?

20,534 Views | 336 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by dreyOO
Ag with kids
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Science Denier said:

Four Seasons Landscaping said:

This is fake news.

Trump said back in January he already knew who his VP pick is and he was feuding heavily with Desantis at the time.

Y'all are calling Trump a liar if you belive this.
How do you know it wasn't DeSantis? Oh, because you say he was "feuding heavily" with DeSantis at the time.

Trump hadn't "feuded heavily" with DeSantis since well before January. LOL

In fact, DeSantis ENDORSED Trump on Jan 21, 2024.

DeSantis endorses Trump after dropping out of 2024 race

"Feuding heavily". LMAO!!
Trump says he knows his VP pick on Jan 10...

The Iowa Caucuses weren't until Jan 16...

They were still feuding up till then.

J. Walter Weatherman
texagbeliever said:

The glorious tears when Trump and DeSantis team up to take back the white house and usher in MAGA policies are going to be so delicious. Especially those from our resident DeSantis fanboys who will have been kicking and screaming the whole way there.

I can't speak for the other never Trumpers but Trump picking DeSantis is basically the only thing he could do to get my vote. It seems incredibly unlikely his massive overcompensating ego would ever let Trump pick someone who could actually be a leader (and I also think DeSantis would be dumb to accept it), but the likelihood of an overweight 80 year old on a Big Mac diet actually making it 4 years is low enough that I'd probably go ahead and pull the trigger, knowing that if something happened we'd have the most accomplished conservative president in recent history waiting.
texagbeliever
J. Walter Weatherman said:

texagbeliever said:

The glorious tears when Trump and DeSantis team up to take back the white house and usher in MAGA policies are going to be so delicious. Especially those from our resident DeSantis fanboys who will have been kicking and screaming the whole way there.

I can't speak for the other never Trumpers but Trump picking DeSantis is basically the only thing he could do to get my vote. It seems incredibly unlikely his massive overcompensating ego would ever let Trump pick someone who could actually be a leader (and I also think DeSantis would be dumb to accept it), but the likelihood of an overweight 80 year old on a Big Mac diet actually making it 4 years is low enough that I'd probably go ahead and pull the trigger, knowing that if something happened we'd have the most accomplished conservative president in recent history waiting.
So to you, Trump + J.D. Vance is not a better ticket than Biden + Harris.
Your position is laughably impossible to defend other than... Mean guy prevented me from getting exactly what i wanted so I'm going to not vote in my best interest. Sure if it was Trump + Tulsi or Trump + RFK or Stefanik I get that. But a decent conservative pair should qualm your fears.
Science Denier
AG
Ag with kids said:

Science Denier said:

Ag with kids said:

aggie93 said:

one safe place said:

aggie93 said:

one safe place said:

SA68AG said:

DeSantis is an alpha dog. He's not going to be anybody's VP.
Though I wish DeSantis had crushed Trump and gotten the nomination, he wasn't an alpha dog in the primaries, more of a lap chihuahua.

Nah, he hit hard and often in the primaries. He made Newsom into a joke. He destroyed Haley in the last debate. There was just no way to break through against Trump, especially with the media and RNC completely in the tank.

If you can give me a realistic example of how he could have beaten Trump though I'm all ears.
Well, he wasn't running against Newsom. As far as hard and often, I guess I missed his delegate totals somehow. The media is in the tank for biden, not Trump. DeSantis's campaign was ineffective, that isn't Trump's fault.
I can think of so many times during the campaign where DeSantis absolutely hit something out of the park and the media either ignored it or downplayed it. When they talked about him they always started off with polling numbers and Trump. This was after giving Trump 10x the coverage. Even the Hurricane was memory holed in a flash. They let Trump get away with not doing hard interviews and not debating, hell they praised him for it and called him smart.

I didn't say that was "Trump's fault" it just was what it was. I also noticed you didn't have any response to giving an example of how DeSantis could have beaten Trump. The only way it was going to happen was for Trump to self implode.

DeSantis didn't run a perfect campaign but he ran a solid one. In the end he just never got a real shot, so be it. He's a young guy and has a lot of career left in him. Trump does not.
Another thing left out is that DeSantis wasn't running against a candidate whose name was Donald Trump. He was running against Former POTUS Donald Trump. Trump already had a built in base, 100% name recognition in the GOP, as well as a bunch of other head starts.

It was ALWAYS going to be hard to climb up the hill to break even with him.
But his campaign was so bad, he actually lost ground once he started speaking. He came in with much of the establishment endorsing him and received tons off dollars. But, then his campaign started up, and it was a disaster.

Dude benefitted from Trump's endorsement. He could do much worse than sticking by him for 4 years, and then being the next guy up. He may learn a thing or two about actually campaigning on a national level.
That's revisionist crap.

Again...he was running against a Former POTUS.

Ask Reagan how easy it is to run against someone who essentially the incumbent (1976)...

As long as Trump wanted to be POTUS 47, no one was going to gain traction. Which is why DeSantis was stuck in neutral, which then caused support to start to look around.

And being Trump's VP would be horribad for DeSantis. At some point, Trump would get annoyed by him and he'd get tossed under the bus where his hardcore MAGA supporters will NEVER forgive him.
So, Haley was a Former POTUS? Must have missed that.

Remember, she kicked his ass also. That's how bad his campaign was.
LOL OLD
aggie93
AG
one safe place said:

aggie93 said:

one safe place said:

aggie93 said:

one safe place said:

SA68AG said:

Though I wish DeSantis had crushed Trump and gotten the nomination, he wasn't an alpha dog in the primaries, more of a lap chihuahua.

Nah, he hit hard and often in the primaries. He made Newsom into a joke. He destroyed Haley in the last debate. There was just no way to break through against Trump, especially with the media and RNC completely in the tank.

If you can give me a realistic example of how he could have beaten Trump though I'm all ears.
Well, he wasn't running against Newsom. As far as hard and often, I guess I missed his delegate totals somehow. The media is in the tank for biden, not Trump. DeSantis's campaign was ineffective, that isn't Trump's fault.
I can think of so many times during the campaign where DeSantis absolutely hit something out of the park and the media either ignored it or downplayed it. When they talked about him they always started off with polling numbers and Trump. This was after giving Trump 10x the coverage. Even the Hurricane was memory holed in a flash. They let Trump get away with not doing hard interviews and not debating, hell they praised him for it and called him smart.

I didn't say that was "Trump's fault" it just was what it was. I also noticed you didn't have any response to giving an example of how DeSantis could have beaten Trump. The only way it was going to happen was for Trump to self implode.

DeSantis didn't run a perfect campaign but he ran a solid one. In the end he just never got a real shot, so be it. He's a young guy and has a lot of career left in him. Trump does not.
He couldn't beat Trump because he got no traction. Not many voted for him. It would be one thing if it had been 51% Trump and 49% DeSantis but DeSantis was the fat shot putter running in the 100 meters. Way back at around the 10 when his opponent crossed the finish line. He didn't resonate. It was his job, and that of his campaign, to accomplish that and they failed.
So in other words you don't have any examples of something DeSantis could have done to beat Trump you just have analogies to talk about how much Trump won by. K.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
aggie93
AG
TexAgs91 said:

aggie93 said:

TexAgs91 said:

aggie93 said:

TexAgs91 said:

aggie93 said:

TexAgs91 said:

aggie93 said:

TexAgs91 said:

rgag12 said:

Would be a bonehead move by DeSantis.
If DeSantis isn't VP, he's either on his way to congress or he's on his way to obscurity. He might have one more failed presidential run in him. But if he's VP, he'll have much more credibility with the rest of the country.

As of now there is no successor to Trump and it's a fresh game in '28. If you think Trump having Vivek or Abbott as his VP clears the field I couldn't disagree more.

DeSantis has an insane record and work ethic. He has a solid base of support. Not saying he is the presumptive nominee but he's the likely front runner.
Judging by his performance during the campaign season you really think the rest of the country sees it that way?
K. So who else is the Frontrunner for '28? Haley? She has zero chance as 70% of the Party hates her. Vivek? He may make a run and if he is VP under Trump that would certainly help him but as of now I don't see how he is a Frontrunner in any way. Who else, Abbott? Don Jr? lol.

Trump's VP will run most likely of course but as I said the Trump magic doesn't transfer and we have seen that over and over. Sure, some hardcore MAGA folks will follow whatever Trump says but that's not the main Trump support and there is a large contingent that is ready for the next chapter.

So who is the Frontrunner if it isn't DeSantis?

Depends on who Trump's VP is, assuming the VP does a better job than Pence.
So you don't have a name then and even by saying it is "VP to be names" you have to put conditions on it. Like I said DeSantis is the "likely Frontrunner". He was the 2nd Choice in virtually all polling. He can fundraise and organize extremely well. He's a top notch debater. He has a list of conservative W's so long it bores people to hear them. He also has very low negatives and few people, esp in the GOP, hate him. He can also keep kicking ass in Florida for the next 2 years and has become adept at getting publicity. If Trump loses? I honestly don't know who beats him.

Doesn't mean he will be the nominee or win but I don't see anyone else out there with that much going for them. I agree if Trump appoints a strong VP who does great they will certainly be a solid candidate. Just have no idea who that is or if that happens. Thus DeSantis is "The likely Frontrunner"
You'll get no argument from me that DeSantis is the better choice. We know that. What I don't get is how you could have paid attention to his campaign and still say it's a given that he will be the front runner.

And yes, of course after I said that being VP would bolster DeSantis's, I'm putting conditions on who the VP is.
Ok, so who is the frontrunner in '28 not named DeSantis then? "Trump's VP" is not a real answer. Give me a name.

So you're saying that who the GOP nominee is in 2028 depends solely on what has happened up to this point and that the VP has no bearing on that?

That's your fantasy, not mine. I already gave you my answer.
So your argument is that Trump's VP, no matter who it is, will be the Frontrunner then? Oh, and I am the one who is fantasizing.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
J. Walter Weatherman
texagbeliever said:

texagbeliever said:

Your position is laughably impossible to defend other than... Mean guy prevented me from getting exactly what i wanted so I'm going to not vote in my best interest. Sure if it was Trump + Tulsi or Trump + RFK or Stefanik I get that. But a decent conservative pair should qualm your fears.

Better =/= worth my vote. Of course Trump is better than Biden, but being the shinier turd in the bowl doesn't mean I am going to pull the trigger for them. And living in Texas means my vote doesn't matter anyways.

Vance or another accomplished conservative would make me consider it, but personally DeSantis is the only realistic option of who I think should be the future of the party (he's obviously not picking Kim Reynolds, Kemp, Sununu, or Youngkin) that would make me likely change my mind.
Texarkanaag69
AG
And Trey Gowdy for Atty Gen.
eric76
AG
TexAgs91 said:

aggie93 said:

TexAgs91 said:

aggie93 said:

TexAgs91 said:

aggie93 said:

TexAgs91 said:

aggie93 said:

TexAgs91 said:

rgag12 said:

If DeSantis isn't VP, he's either on his way to congress or he's on his way to obscurity. He might have one more failed presidential run in him. But if he's VP, he'll have much more credibility with the rest of the country.

As of now there is no successor to Trump and it's a fresh game in '28. If you think Trump having Vivek or Abbott as his VP clears the field I couldn't disagree more.

DeSantis has an insane record and work ethic. He has a solid base of support. Not saying he is the presumptive nominee but he's the likely front runner.
Judging by his performance during the campaign season you really think the rest of the country sees it that way?
K. So who else is the Frontrunner for '28? Haley? She has zero chance as 70% of the Party hates her. Vivek? He may make a run and if he is VP under Trump that would certainly help him but as of now I don't see how he is a Frontrunner in any way. Who else, Abbott? Don Jr? lol.

Trump's VP will run most likely of course but as I said the Trump magic doesn't transfer and we have seen that over and over. Sure, some hardcore MAGA folks will follow whatever Trump says but that's not the main Trump support and there is a large contingent that is ready for the next chapter.

So you don't have a name then and even by saying it is "VP to be names" you have to put conditions on it. Like I said DeSantis is the "likely Frontrunner". He was the 2nd Choice in virtually all polling. He can fundraise and organize extremely well. He's a top notch debater. He has a list of conservative W's so long it bores people to hear them. He also has very low negatives and few people, esp in the GOP, hate him. He can also keep kicking ass in Florida for the next 2 years and has become adept at getting publicity. If Trump loses? I honestly don't know who beats him.

Doesn't mean he will be the nominee or win but I don't see anyone else out there with that much going for them. I agree if Trump appoints a strong VP who does great they will certainly be a solid candidate. Just have no idea who that is or if that happens. Thus DeSantis is "The likely Frontrunner"
You'll get no argument from me that DeSantis is the better choice. We know that. What I don't get is how you could have paid attention to his campaign and still say it's a given that he will be the front runner.

And yes, of course after I said that being VP would bolster DeSantis's, I'm putting conditions on who the VP is.
Ok, so who is the frontrunner in '28 not named DeSantis then? "Trump's VP" is not a real answer. Give me a name.

So you're saying that who the GOP nominee is in 2028 depends solely on what has happened up to this point and that the VP has no bearing on that?

It usually turns out to be that the VP becomes the Presidential candidate, but that is not necessarily the case.
ef857002-e9da-4375-b80a-869a3518bb00@8shield.net
oysterbayAG
AG
The two best qualified people to navigate our country out of its journey toward national suicide are Greg Abbott and Ron DeSantis. With DeSantis Trump can run on selling 12 years of competence and common sense, which does not now exist !
The Banned
Science Denier said:

Ag with kids said:

Science Denier said:

Ag with kids said:

aggie93 said:

one safe place said:

aggie93 said:

one safe place said:

SA68AG said:

Another thing left out is that DeSantis wasn't running against a candidate whose name was Donald Trump. He was running against Former POTUS Donald Trump. Trump already had a built in base, 100% name recognition in the GOP, as well as a bunch of other head starts.

But his campaign was so bad, he actually lost ground once he started speaking. He came in with much of the establishment endorsing him and received tons off dollars. But, then his campaign started up, and it was a disaster.

Dude benefitted from Trump's endorsement. He could do much worse than sticking by him for 4 years, and then being the next guy up. He may learn a thing or two about actually campaigning on a national level.
That's revisionist crap.

Ask Reagan how easy it is to run against someone who essentially the incumbent (1976)...

As long as Trump wanted to be POTUS 47, no one was going to gain traction. Which is why DeSantis was stuck in neutral, which then caused support to start to look around.

And being Trump's VP would be horribad for DeSantis. At some point, Trump would get annoyed by him and he'd get tossed under the bus where his hardcore MAGA supporters will NEVER forgive him.

Is this where you show that she beat him in primaries a week after her exit compared to 2-3 months after his exit? Because that's supposed to be a valid data point?
Science Denier
AG
aggie93 said:

one safe place said:

aggie93 said:

one safe place said:

aggie93 said:

one safe place said:

SA68AG said:

He couldn't beat Trump because he got no traction. Not many voted for him. It would be one thing if it had been 51% Trump and 49% DeSantis but DeSantis was the fat shot putter running in the 100 meters. Way back at around the 10 when his opponent crossed the finish line. He didn't resonate. It was his job, and that of his campaign, to accomplish that and they failed.
So in other words you don't have any examples of something DeSantis could have done to beat Trump you just have analogies to talk about how much Trump won by. K.
Before:
We tried to tell folks that DeSantis running against Trump was a mistake. He should wait.
But, all we got back was that DeSantis can beat Trump. He's great. Look at how he did in Florida. He can win.

Now

Well, DeSantis never had a chance.

We told you this a while back.

However, to answer your question, as to what DeSantis could have done.

1. Go on every show on earth. Friendly ones, hostile ones. All of them. When they bash you, wear it and fight back. DeSantis limited his media and this was the biggest failure. When Trump beat Jeb, he was somewhere different every day. He was on every show that would take him. He didn't crawl away from anyone due to fear on how he'd be treated. He continued that thru his Presidency, frequently holding press conferences for hours getting bombarded by an extremely hostile media. DeSantis had the "never back down" PAC and slogan, but Trump SHOWED how to never back down.

That may be the biggest reason Trump has so many supporters. DeSantis had that chance and blew it.

2. Don't line your campaign workers with yes-men. Get some conflicting opinions. Hell, FORCE someone to disagree with stuff.

3. While goes to #2 above, hiring Peck as he campaign manager was a disaster. She was good at small, local campaigns but was out of her league with national campaigns.

4. Folks lauded DeSantis' ground game and this ability to create a force would do him well. But, again, when you and your campaign manager have never run a national campaign, they just didn't understand the concept of building a NATIONAL ground game. Sure, you have to campaign hard in the states that have their primaries, but you also have to reach the masses while doing it.

5. Develop a personality. Sure, Trump had the advantage here. He had that prior to him running for POTUS the first time. But that doesn't let DeSantis off the hook. How many times did you hear the word "boring" when talking about DeSantis. That's what consultants can help with. But DeSantis didn't use consultants. He used his yes men who helped him win a very localized election.

There is my opinion of where DeSantis totally failed in his campaign. Feel free to agree or not.

LOL OLD
Science Denier
AG
The Banned said:

Science Denier said:

Ag with kids said:

Science Denier said:

Ag with kids said:

aggie93 said:

one safe place said:

aggie93 said:

one safe place said:

SA68AG said:

That's revisionist crap.

Is this where you show that she beat him in primaries a week after her exit compared to 2-3 months after his exit? Because that's supposed to be a valid data point?
Iowa - Iowa is where DeSantis focused. I remember the bragging on "DeSantis ground game" and how getting Reynolds was this huge deal. I remember how all the caucus commitments he had. Well, here were the results

DeSantis - 23,491
Haley - 21,027

You may not agree, but that's an ass kicking.

Then came New Hampshire. DeSantis bowed out just before because Haley was so far ahead, he couldn't even catch her.

You see, dropping out early was DUE to Haley beating him. Had he been able to keep the #2 spot, he would have stayed in.
LOL OLD
Yukon Cornelius
AG
Trump and meatball Ron. Love it.
one safe place
The Banned said:

one safe place said:

aggie93 said:

one safe place said:

aggie93 said:

one safe place said:

SA68AG said:

What could desantis have done to change your mind from Trump? Is there any reasonable stance he could have taken or action completed that would have won your vote?

Since the answer is probably no, take you and multiply that by 40-50% if the entire Republican primary voters. Take the other 50-60% and divide it by the other 12 contenders.

This is why Trump was such a fan of Scott and Vivek and others that entered. He knew it destroyed any chance DeSantis had
I supported DeSantis because I didn't think Trump could get elected. I figured DeSantis, with what all he was able to do in Florida, and his position on many things, would resonate well. But DeSantis didn't scratch the surface, so my vote now will go to the person opposing biden.
one safe place
aggie93 said:

one safe place said:

aggie93 said:

one safe place said:

aggie93 said:

one safe place said:

SA68AG said:

I did not run DeSantis's campaign, but clearly he and those who advise him were not ready for prime time, hence the trouncing he took in terms of who Republicans voted for in the primaries that were held. Poll those who voted for Trump as to why they did not vote for DeSantis and you might get the answer to your question. Sounds like a lot of blaming the media, blaming Trump, blaming other candidates, blaming everyone other than the guy who failed.
aggie93
AG
Science Denier said:

The Banned said:

Science Denier said:

Ag with kids said:

Science Denier said:

Ag with kids said:

aggie93 said:

one safe place said:

aggie93 said:

one safe place said:

SA68AG said:

That's revisionist crap.

Iowa - Iowa is where DeSantis focused. I remember the bragging on "DeSantis ground game" and how getting Reynolds was this huge deal. I remember how all the caucus commitments he had. Well, here were the results

DeSantis - 23,491
Haley - 21,027

You may not agree, but that's an ass kicking.

Then came New Hampshire. DeSantis bowed out just before because Haley was so far ahead, he couldn't even catch her.

You see, dropping out early was DUE to Haley beating him. Had he been able to keep the #2 spot, he would have stayed in.
A huge proportion of Haley's votes in Iowa and NH were Democrats crossing over. Also he could have beaten Haley but he wasn't beating Trump so he saw no point in staying in. You can only go so far on Democrat votes in a Republican primary.

I appreciate the specifics on why DeSantis lost but I don't think any of it would have moved the needle. The Trump momentum was just too strong and he couldn't get oxygen. He also shook things up quite a bit and pulled off some pretty high profile stunts like the Newsom debate. Folks just wanted to ride the Trump train one last time so we will see where it takes us, can't go back now so he better win.

Ronald Reagan
aggie93
AG
one safe place said:

aggie93 said:

one safe place said:

aggie93 said:

one safe place said:

aggie93 said:

one safe place said:

SA68AG said:

I did not run DeSantis's campaign, but clearly he and those who advise him were not ready for prime time, hence the trouncing he took in terms of who Republicans voted for in the primaries that were held. Poll those who voted for Trump as to why they did not vote for DeSantis and you might get the answer to your question. Sounds like a lot of blaming the media, blaming Trump, blaming other candidates, blaming everyone other than the guy who failed.
K. The answer to that question is people wanted Trump again and Trump did a great job of making sure he had a favorable environment to win. Is what it is and it was smart politics by Trump. I just don't know of much DeSantis could have done to change that. He crushed the debates. He did some fantastic interviews. He barnstormed the hell out of Iowa. He got a ton of endorsements. He raised and spent money. He used his office as Governor of Florida to complement his agenda. A lot of folks just like the clown show or they feel like Trump was cheated or they like the idea of the guy they know vs the guy they don't. Some are really just liberals and don't like an actual conservative. Fair enough.

Could he have done better? Sure. I just don't think there was anything DeSantis could have done that would have won the race for him. That's ok, he's 45 and Trump will never run for office again after November so I guess we will see.

Ronald Reagan
DonHenley
AG
DeSantis is smart enough to stay away from the mess that will be the Trump administration 2.0. There is really nothing beneficial for Ron by being Trump's VP. He won't play second fiddle to Trump.
TexAgs91
AG
aggie93 said:

TexAgs91 said:

aggie93 said:

TexAgs91 said:

aggie93 said:

TexAgs91 said:

aggie93 said:

TexAgs91 said:

aggie93 said:

TexAgs91 said:

rgag12 said:

So your argument is that Trump's VP, no matter who it is, will be the Frontrunner then? Oh, and I am the one who is fantasizing.

I'm arguing Trump's VP would definitely have an advantage. And yes. You are living in fantasy world if refuse to factor that in.
Fight! Fight! Fight!
2040huck
LOL How many news clips are there where Trump says something horrible about desantis?
Rockdoc
AG
2040huck said:

LOL How many news clips are there where Trump says something horrible about desantis?

Quite a few. What's your point. There was a campaign going on.
2040huck
texagbeliever said:

texagbeliever said:

Who is conservative in that pair?
2040huck
Rockdoc said:

2040huck said:

Quite a few. What's your point. There was a campaign going on.
You really dont understand the point? Yikes
MarkTwain
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
aggie93
AG
TexAgs91 said:

aggie93 said:

TexAgs91 said:

aggie93 said:

TexAgs91 said:

aggie93 said:

TexAgs91 said:

aggie93 said:

TexAgs91 said:

aggie93 said:

TexAgs91 said:

rgag12 said:

I'm arguing Trump's VP would definitely have an advantage. And yes. You are living in fantasy world if refuse to factor that in.
I said DeSantis is the likely Front Runner. You still haven't named anyone else but you have said that thinking DeSantis is the Front Runner is "fantasyland". Now you are trying to say that I don't think it matters who the VP is which I never said. The closest to that I have said is that Trump has never been able to translate his magic to anyone else and that.

We don't know who Trump's VP will be. I'm sure that person will get a boost of some kind. That doesn't make them the Front Runner though, especially under Trump. Maybe you think so but you aren't even claiming that.

So who is the Front Runner in '28? Abbott? Haley? Vivek? Don Jr? Really I'd like to hear your argument.

Ronald Reagan
Ag with kids
AG
Science Denier said:

Ag with kids said:

Science Denier said:

Ag with kids said:

aggie93 said:

one safe place said:

aggie93 said:

one safe place said:

SA68AG said:

That's revisionist crap.

She lost by a lot in the one race she was in against him...

But...Keep on with your revisionist history.
Ag with kids
AG
TexAgs91 said:

aggie93 said:

TexAgs91 said:

aggie93 said:

TexAgs91 said:

aggie93 said:

TexAgs91 said:

aggie93 said:

TexAgs91 said:

aggie93 said:

TexAgs91 said:

rgag12 said:

Trump's VP ran in in THIS primary...how did he do?
Science Denier
AG
Ag with kids said:

Science Denier said:

Ag with kids said:

Science Denier said:

Ag with kids said:

aggie93 said:

one safe place said:

aggie93 said:

one safe place said:

SA68AG said:

That's revisionist crap.

She lost by a lot in the one race she was in against him...

But...Keep on with your revisionist history.

She lost by 2k votes in Iowa. The state DeSantis put everything in. He was getting crushed in the polls in every other state. Especially NH which was the next primary which he dropped out right before.
LOL OLD
TexAgs91
AG
aggie93 said:

TexAgs91 said:

aggie93 said:

TexAgs91 said:

aggie93 said:

TexAgs91 said:

aggie93 said:

TexAgs91 said:

aggie93 said:

TexAgs91 said:

aggie93 said:

TexAgs91 said:

rgag12 said:

I said DeSantis is the likely Front Runner. You still haven't named anyone else but you have said that thinking DeSantis is the Front Runner is "fantasyland".
Stop telling me what you think I said and just quote where I said that.

I'm not jumping though any of your other hoops until you can at least be honest about what is being said.
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Phatbob
AG
Science Denier said:

She lost by 2k votes in Iowa. The state DeSantis put everything in. He was getting crushed in the polls in every other state. Especially NH which was the next primary which he dropped out right before.
So your evidence is that he didn't get very many votes in a primary he wasn't running for? This is pretty thin even for your selective memory and vague timeline evidence standards.
Science Denier
AG
Phatbob said:

Science Denier said:

So your evidence is that he didn't get very many votes in a primary he wasn't running for? This is pretty thin even for your selective memory and vague timeline evidence standards.
He ran in New Hampshire, did all the prep there and dropped out a day or two before the primary because Haley was beating him badly.
LOL OLD
richardag
Phatbob said:

richardag said:

Phatbob said:

This is a perfect example of exactly how Trump is destroying conservatism in the Republican party.
Are you looking in a mirror?
Amazing the support "So get on board or STFU" gets. There is no room to point out he is a big government liberal when the rubber hits the road. That is Trumpism, that is the cancer in the party.
Apparently you have not read the responses people defending President Trump have made regarding how they disagreed with his spending during COVID.
Also many defending President Trump disagreed with his relenting on the government shut down.
Using stupid labels as "Trumpism" is childish and nonproductive. Resorting to childish labels in debate generally you have no real arguments.
halfastros81
AG
Desantis would probably be the best adviser Trump has ever had if he's smart enough to listen to him. I like this combo as a ticket a lot but only if Ron can survive the drama and be the R candidate in 2028.
BigRobSA
richardag said:

Resorting to childish labels in debate generally you have no real arguments.

You take this attack on Trump back, Mister Falcon!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.