Desantis to be Trump's VP?

20,641 Views | 336 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by dreyOO
B-1 83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rapier108 said:

Probably just wants DeSantis' war chest.

Every single time Trump meets with someone, they're suddenly going to be his VP pick.

And yet the "Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! He has TDS!" cries are almost deafening. There's been a ton of speculation on his VP pick for months, and yes, it seems every time he meets with anything close to a prominent Republican, speculation spews forth.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Phatbob
AG
Muy said:

Odd that Covid is the key voting issue for the TDS sufferers.
Covid is not a key voting issue, it just helps illustrate why Trump's failings are so important. It helps put context to his failures in court and in office. We all knew he was a mercenary and we were going to need to put up with some things, but it turns out, the things we needed to "put up with in order to win" caused us as much harm as anything else, and we haven't exactly been winning.
TRM
AG
Muy said:

Why didn't Trump balance the budget like he promised within 8 years? Deficits grew under him. He had a GOP Senate and House
Im Gipper
Muy said:

When the facts have you beat, resort to lying. Well played sir. Well played.

I'm Gipper
BigRobSA
Im Gipper said:

Muy said:

When the facts have you beat, resort to lying. Well played sir. Well played.

Liberals liberaling.
Muy
AG
Phatbob said:

Muy said:

Covid is not a key voting issue, it just helps illustrate why Trump's failings are so important. It helps put context to his failures in court and in office. We all knew he was a mercenary and we were going to need to put up with some things, but it turns out, the things we needed to "put up with in order to win" caused us as much harm as anything else, and we haven't exactly been winning.

So pull the lever for Biden, have a good one.
84AGEC
AG
So who is moving out of Florida?
BMX Bandit
84AGEC said:

no one
FJB24
RDS is not the VP choice. That's less likely than the Georgia closer in game 2 Saturday not having used a substance the last couple innings to give him an edge.
BigRobSA
BMX Bandit said:

84AGEC said:

no one

But...

...if someone were to need to move....

...it PROBABLY would need to be the NY lib carpet bagger and not the current, conservative, governor of the state. Amirite!?
aggie93
AG
TexAgs91 said:

aggie93 said:

TexAgs91 said:

rgag12 said:

Would be a bonehead move by DeSantis.
If DeSantis isn't VP, he's either on his way to congress or he's on his way to obscurity. He might have one more failed presidential run in him. But if he's VP, he'll have much more credibility with the rest of the country.

As of now there is no successor to Trump and it's a fresh game in '28. If you think Trump having Vivek or Abbott as his VP clears the field I couldn't disagree more.

DeSantis has an insane record and work ethic. He has a solid base of support. Not saying he is the presumptive nominee but he's the likely front runner.
Judging by his performance during the campaign season you really think the rest of the country sees it that way?
K. So who else is the Frontrunner for '28? Haley? She has zero chance as 70% of the Party hates her. Vivek? He may make a run and if he is VP under Trump that would certainly help him but as of now I don't see how he is a Frontrunner in any way. Who else, Abbott? Don Jr? lol.

Trump's VP will run most likely of course but as I said the Trump magic doesn't transfer and we have seen that over and over. Sure, some hardcore MAGA folks will follow whatever Trump says but that's not the main Trump support and there is a large contingent that is ready for the next chapter.

So who is the Frontrunner if it isn't DeSantis?
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
TexAgs91
AG
aggie93 said:

TexAgs91 said:

aggie93 said:

TexAgs91 said:

rgag12 said:

If DeSantis isn't VP, he's either on his way to congress or he's on his way to obscurity. He might have one more failed presidential run in him. But if he's VP, he'll have much more credibility with the rest of the country.

As of now there is no successor to Trump and it's a fresh game in '28. If you think Trump having Vivek or Abbott as his VP clears the field I couldn't disagree more.

DeSantis has an insane record and work ethic. He has a solid base of support. Not saying he is the presumptive nominee but he's the likely front runner.
Judging by his performance during the campaign season you really think the rest of the country sees it that way?
K. So who else is the Frontrunner for '28? Haley? She has zero chance as 70% of the Party hates her. Vivek? He may make a run and if he is VP under Trump that would certainly help him but as of now I don't see how he is a Frontrunner in any way. Who else, Abbott? Don Jr? lol.

Trump's VP will run most likely of course but as I said the Trump magic doesn't transfer and we have seen that over and over. Sure, some hardcore MAGA folks will follow whatever Trump says but that's not the main Trump support and there is a large contingent that is ready for the next chapter.

Depends on who Trump's VP is, assuming the VP does a better job than Pence.
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Phatbob
AG
Muy said:

Phatbob said:

Muy said:

Ahh yes, the tried and true fallback. It gives us a perfectly good excuse to not understand when we make mistakes and how to make sure we don't repeat them. That is why we are here now, by the way, and why we have 2 clowns to choose from.
Muy
AG
Phatbob said:

Muy said:

Phatbob said:

Muy said:

Ahh yes, the tried and true fallback. It gives us a perfectly good excuse to not understand when we make mistakes and how to make sure we don't repeat them. That is why we are here now, by the way, and why we have 2 clowns to choose from.

So you'll vote for Trump but whine incessantly about him to everyone? That seems super productive.
aggie93
AG
Muy said:

Phatbob said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

What were his failures explicitly?
We have rehashed this so many times, there is no way you don't remember... like it's been memory holed. Pushing for states to remain closed, allowing Fauci to stay in the spotlight in his push to close down, pushing insane spending... he acted like a liberal (I wonder why that is).

Wake up. He was in a no-win situation with the COVID situation and anyone with half a brain knows that.
Trump could have done things very differently throughout Covid and he crapped the bed over and over again. First he tried to outsource it to Pence and then Fauci. Then he put himself out front and stepped all over himself giving the media all the ammo it needed daily as he had no discipline in his PC's. Then of course he put all his chits into the vaccine bucket.

Mainly though he fell for the trap. He went along with 15 Days to Stop the Spread which was understandable. Where he screwed up was he kept going after that 15 Days and was too much of a coward to ride out the political pressure of re-opening.

You can blame others all you want but Trump was President and he had the most power. He made the decisions. You can excuse them but he is ultimately the person most responsible because he was the man in charge.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
Phatbob
AG
Muy said:

Phatbob said:

Muy said:

Phatbob said:

Muy said:

So you'll vote for Trump but whine incessantly about him to everyone? That seems super productive.
Nope, I will vote for conservatives down ballot and not vote for the cancer or the stroke for president. Voting for Trump is a short sighted continuation of the current status quo (Trumpism needs to go)
Rip*91
AG
ttu_85 said:

Rip*91 said:

Rockdoc said:

Rapier108 said:

Every single time Trump meets with someone, they're suddenly going to be his VP pick.

Dude you're better than this. I know you are.

No he's not…He is broken. This is exactly who he is now!
I still see many of his post effectively ripping the left; more so than the boot lickers. All they do is attack anyone that questions Trump. With them its --Never question or criticize the MAN.

I look forward to reading Rapier and others continue to hammer the left with more detail, more facts, more research than any of you emotional knee jerk boot lickers. All y'all have is crap like that in bold and TDS ! TDS !. Simplistic stupid stuff with no detail or thoughts. Kinda like the mindless droning stuff leftest would chant at a commie demonstration.

You must have me confused with someone else. I'm not anybody's boot licker. But good to see you still have the same ****ed up issues that Rapier does.

My point is, why continue to bash the **** out of Trump on every thread? He is the nominee whether you like it or not. So get on board or STFU. You are not going to convince the boot lickers not to vote for him, the only ones you are going to convince are the "middle of the road" type people. Every one of those that you and the other brilliant anti-Trumpers convince not to vote for Trump is a vote for biden. So while comparing me to a communist, you, Rapier and the others are the ones that are doing more for the democrat party than any Trump supporter.

The problem with the anti-Trump crowd is the amount of arrogance you spew. Your "I'm too smart to vote for Trump" **** gets so tiring. You ***** about everyone screaming TDS, but your condescending approach is just as annoying.

As far as I'm concerned, you can get on your ttu high horse and ride the **** off!
aggie93
AG
TexAgs91 said:

aggie93 said:

TexAgs91 said:

aggie93 said:

TexAgs91 said:

rgag12 said:

Depends on who Trump's VP is, assuming the VP does a better job than Pence.
So you don't have a name then and even by saying it is "VP to be names" you have to put conditions on it. Like I said DeSantis is the "likely Frontrunner". He was the 2nd Choice in virtually all polling. He can fundraise and organize extremely well. He's a top notch debater. He has a list of conservative W's so long it bores people to hear them. He also has very low negatives and few people, esp in the GOP, hate him. He can also keep kicking ass in Florida for the next 2 years and has become adept at getting publicity. If Trump loses? I honestly don't know who beats him.

Doesn't mean he will be the nominee or win but I don't see anyone else out there with that much going for them. I agree if Trump appoints a strong VP who does great they will certainly be a solid candidate. Just have no idea who that is or if that happens. Thus DeSantis is "The likely Frontrunner"

Ronald Reagan
Phatbob
AG
This is a perfect example of exactly how Trump is destroying conservatism in the Republican party.
aggie93
AG
84AGEC said:

Leftists and people that like to break the law. If you want Woke and lawlessness then Florida is Hell.

Ronald Reagan
Muy
AG
Phatbob said:

Muy said:

Phatbob said:

Muy said:

Phatbob said:

Muy said:

Nope, I will vote for conservatives down ballot and not vote for the cancer or the stroke for president. Voting for Trump is a short sighted continuation of the current status quo (Trumpism needs to go)

Then I stand by an earlier comment that Biden appreciates your support by sitting out and your campaigning against Trump.
bobbranco
AG
eric76 said:

Rockdoc said:

Don't worry Eric, he's gonna be ok.
I've resigned to seeing a senile sack of sh*t win the general election, we just don't know which senile sack of sh*t it will be.

So far, your senile sack of sh*t is not showing much sign of campaigning or even preparing to run a campaign. Everything appears like the other senile sack of sh*t would probably have to really screw up to lose the election. Are you resigned to seeing your senile sack of sh*t lose this election, too?
Coffee draws out the TDS! Damn!
aggie93
AG
Rip*91 said:

ttu_85 said:

Rip*91 said:

Rockdoc said:

Rapier108 said:

I still see many of his post effectively ripping the left; more so than the boot lickers. All they do is attack anyone that questions Trump. With them its --Never question or criticize the MAN.

I look forward to reading Rapier and others continue to hammer the left with more detail, more facts, more research than any of you emotional knee jerk boot lickers. All y'all have is crap like that in bold and TDS ! TDS !. Simplistic stupid stuff with no detail or thoughts. Kinda like the mindless droning stuff leftest would chant at a commie demonstration.

You must have me confused with someone else. I'm not anybody's boot licker. But good to see you still have the same ****ed up issues that Rapier does.

My point is, why continue to bash the **** out of Trump on every thread? He is the nominee whether you like it or not. So get on board or STFU. You are not going to convince the boot lickers not to vote for him, the only ones you are going to convince are the "middle of the road" type people. Every one of those that you and the other brilliant anti-Trumpers convince not to vote for Trump is a vote for biden. So while comparing me to a communist, you, Rapier and the others are the ones that are doing more for the democrat party than any Trump supporter.

The problem with the anti-Trump crowd is the amount of arrogance you spew. Your "I'm too smart to vote for Trump" **** gets so tiring. You ***** about everyone screaming TDS, but your condescending approach is just as annoying.

As far as I'm concerned, you can get on your ttu high horse and ride the **** off!
I've turned the volume WAY DOWN on my Trump criticism but I completely understand why others have not. Trump went as scorched earth as possible on DeSantis and there are consequences to that. You crap on people daily and then tell them to get in line and you often will get the middle finger.

Ronald Reagan
Rip*91
AG
BigRobSA said:

Muy said:

Ah, so amid the chaos surrounding the world panicking over Covid, it would have gone well if he fired Fauci and anyone from the medical community trying to convince him of the appropriate steps to deal with it? Or maybe take away states rights and bring in the national guard to force states to keep all businesses open?

What should he have done at that time, not knowing how much bs the whole thing was?

Yes. He should have fired Fauci, and others. Desantis fired his SG when he wouldn't stop with the idiocy. That's what a leader does. Especially one that claims, like Trump does, to be an outsider and a fighter. Instead, he *****ed out and let unelected morons run the show. As was usual during his Presidency, he lacked leadership skill, and got gaped by the left. Add to that his insane spending and here we are, along with the next liberal...Biden....turning it to 11.

And now we're stuck choosing between a liberal 80 yr old showing signs of mental decline and Biden (an 80 yr old progressive vegetable). America is ****ed.

The biden campaign thanks you for your support.
Science Denier
AG
La Bamba said:

Basically the dream ticket
Didn't that dude that was a political consultant say that when all the dust settles, this would be a very real possibility?

That guy was hated on here by many, but he was in the know about quite a bit.
LOL OLD
aggie93
AG
Muy said:

Phatbob said:

Muy said:

There are other options for people than Biden including RFK and staying at home or leaving the top of the ballot blank. Keep insulting harder though, it seems to be working well.

Oh, and I will vote for Trump even though my vote in Texas doesn't matter.

Ronald Reagan
ttu_85
aggie93 said:

Muy said:

Phatbob said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

We have rehashed this so many times, there is no way you don't remember... like it's been memory holed. Pushing for states to remain closed, allowing Fauci to stay in the spotlight in his push to close down, pushing insane spending... he acted like a liberal (I wonder why that is).

Wake up. He was in a no-win situation with the COVID situation and anyone with half a brain knows that.
Trump could have done things very differently throughout Covid and he crapped the bed over and over again. First he tried to outsource it to Pence and then Fauci. Then he put himself out front and stepped all over himself giving the media all the ammo it needed daily as he had no discipline in his PC's. Then of course he put all his chits into the vaccine bucket.

Mainly though he fell for the trap. He went along with 15 Days to Stop the Spread which was understandable. Where he screwed up was he kept going after that 15 Days and was too much of a coward to ride out the political pressure of re-opening.

You can blame others all you want but Trump was President and he had the most power. He made the decisions. You can excuse them but he is ultimately the person most responsible because he was the man in charge.
Lets be fair. in Jan - March NOBODY knew what was going to go down with Covid. The media was in a frenzy, China had dumped insane propaganda pics of people going Andromeda Strain dead in minutes. There was the memory of SARS-1 a corona virus with a kill rate of 60% but low transmission rate. Trump, Pence and the others didn't have the data to know what was coming. All they had was coming from the medical community, aka Fauci. There was no "trap" at the time. Just a bunch of uncertainty and a very hostile media. The corruption was uncovered some months later. If anybody was dirty for the onset it was Fauci. That is the villain. He was involved with all this from the beginning and no telling what BS he fed to the CDC or the Executive branch.

Yes Trump was in charge and given what he knew took steps as recommended by the Medical advisors of the time-- Whom were likely dishonest and had agendas Trump could not have known at the time. The 15 days was arbitrary. Yes by December enough was known and that is when Kemp and GA and DeSantis in Fla started opening.
ttu_85
Rip*91 said:

BigRobSA said:

Muy said:

Ah, so amid the chaos surrounding the world panicking over Covid, it would have gone well if he fired Fauci and anyone from the medical community trying to convince him of the appropriate steps to deal with it? Or maybe take away states rights and bring in the national guard to force states to keep all businesses open?

What should he have done at that time, not knowing how much bs the whole thing was?

Yes. He should have fired Fauci, and others. Desantis fired his SG when he wouldn't stop with the idiocy. That's what a leader does. Especially one that claims, like Trump does, to be an outsider and a fighter. Instead, he *****ed out and let unelected morons run the show. As was usual during his Presidency, he lacked leadership skill, and got gaped by the left. Add to that his insane spending and here we are, along with the next liberal...Biden....turning it to 11.

And now we're stuck choosing between a liberal 80 yr old showing signs of mental decline and Biden (an 80 yr old progressive vegetable). America is ****ed.

The biden campaign thanks you for your support.
Where has he supported Biden ?
bobbranco
AG
Phatbob said:

This is a perfect example of exactly how Trump is destroying conservatism in the Republican party.
This reads as though it was written by that guy, the emotionally wrecked Jeb Bush.
Science Denier
AG
aggie93 said:

Rip*91 said:

ttu_85 said:

Rip*91 said:

Rockdoc said:

Rapier108 said:

I've turned the volume WAY DOWN on my Trump criticism but I completely understand why others have not. Trump went as scorched earth as possible on DeSantis and there are consequences to that. You crap on people daily and then tell them to get in line and you often will get the middle finger.
Well, what do you expect from us listless vessels?

But to be fair, he went WAY MORE scorched earth on Jeb Bush than DeSantis, so using the phrase
"as much as possible" is not accurate.
LOL OLD
Phatbob
AG
Quote:

The biden campaign thanks you for your support

aggie93
AG
Muy said:

He didn't have to fire Fauci, he just didn't need to put him out front. He had other folks he could have gone with that were giving alternative opinions. Or he could have done like DeSantis did and went and found his own with Lapado. Fauci said nice things about him though and that was all it took for Trump to give him the keys to the country.

I can forgive Trump for being naive and a fool but I'm not going to pretend like he wasn't. Maybe Covid (or more accurately the Covid response) was no big deal to you but it sure as hell had a MASSIVE impact on me and my family. I actually feel far worse for what my kids lost than anything I did, though I worked as hard as possible to keep their lives normal. So many kids are a complete disaster now though, the damage caused by the Covid response is scary to even calculate.

On top of all of that Trump went along with Fauci and was a coward and still lost anyway. Hell the relief bill actually funded the mail in voting that inevitably cost him the election.

Or are we just not supposed to talk about facts?

Ronald Reagan
Ag with kids
AG
aggie93 said:

one safe place said:

aggie93 said:

one safe place said:

SA68AG said:

DeSantis is an alpha dog. He's not going to be anybody's VP.
Though I wish DeSantis had crushed Trump and gotten the nomination, he wasn't an alpha dog in the primaries, more of a lap chihuahua.

Nah, he hit hard and often in the primaries. He made Newsom into a joke. He destroyed Haley in the last debate. There was just no way to break through against Trump, especially with the media and RNC completely in the tank.

If you can give me a realistic example of how he could have beaten Trump though I'm all ears.
Well, he wasn't running against Newsom. As far as hard and often, I guess I missed his delegate totals somehow. The media is in the tank for biden, not Trump. DeSantis's campaign was ineffective, that isn't Trump's fault.
I can think of so many times during the campaign where DeSantis absolutely hit something out of the park and the media either ignored it or downplayed it. When they talked about him they always started off with polling numbers and Trump. This was after giving Trump 10x the coverage. Even the Hurricane was memory holed in a flash. They let Trump get away with not doing hard interviews and not debating, hell they praised him for it and called him smart.

I didn't say that was "Trump's fault" it just was what it was. I also noticed you didn't have any response to giving an example of how DeSantis could have beaten Trump. The only way it was going to happen was for Trump to self implode.

DeSantis didn't run a perfect campaign but he ran a solid one. In the end he just never got a real shot, so be it. He's a young guy and has a lot of career left in him. Trump does not.
Another thing left out is that DeSantis wasn't running against a candidate whose name was Donald Trump. He was running against Former POTUS Donald Trump. Trump already had a built in base, 100% name recognition in the GOP, as well as a bunch of other head starts.

It was ALWAYS going to be hard to climb up the hill to break even with him.
aggie93
AG
ttu_85 said:

aggie93 said:

Muy said:

Phatbob said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

Lets be fair. in Jan - March NOBODY knew what was going to go down with Covid. The media was in a frenzy, China had dumped insane propaganda pics of people going Andromeda Strain dead in minutes. There was the memory of SARS-1 a corona virus with a kill rate of 60% but low transmission rate. Trump, Pence and the others didn't have the data to know what was coming. All they had was coming from the medical community, aka Fauci. There was no "trap" at the time. Just a bunch of uncertainty and a very hostile media. The corruption was uncovered some months later. If anybody was dirty for the onset it was Fauci. That is the villain. He was involved with all this from the beginning and no telling what BS he fed to the CDC or the Executive branch.

Yes Trump was in charge and given what he knew took steps as recommended by the Medical advisors of the time-- Whom were likely dishonest and had agendas Trump could not have known at the time. The 15 days was arbitrary. Yes by December enough was known and that is when Kemp and GA and DeSantis in Fla started opening.
No, Kemp re-opened Georgia on April 8 and DeSantis re-opened Florida shortly after. 15 Days to Slow the Spread started on March 16, so essentially they went about a week over.

Ronald Reagan
ttu_85
Phatbob said:

Quote:

The biden campaign thanks you for your support

Remember you are dealing with children or the low end of the rights IQ spectrum.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.