Desantis to be Trump's VP?

20,580 Views | 336 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by dreyOO
Rip*91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rockdoc said:

Rapier108 said:

Probably just wants DeSantis' war chest.

Every single time Trump meets with someone, they're suddenly going to be his VP pick.

Dude you're better than this. I know you are.

No he's not…He is broken. This is exactly who he is now!
BigRobSA
Muy said:

He believes that vaccine still works?

You do know that he didn't close down businesses across the country, right?

Yes.

No, he didn't close down businesses but he was against states opening up, like FL and GA, when they did it.

His COVID response, as a whole, was an absolutely horrible one. Even worse is his refusal to recognize that.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
BigRobSA said:

Muy said:

He believes that vaccine still works?

You do know that he didn't close down businesses across the country, right?

Yes.

No, he didn't close down businesses but he was against states opening up, like FL and GA, when they did it.

His COVID response, as a whole, was an absolutely horrible one. Even worse is his refusal to recognize that.
His COVID response was the worst part of his administration. He put too much trust in tyrants in white lab coats.
Muy
AG
Okay, I don't know what he personally believes and don't care, just want him to let us make our own choice about the vaccine and focus on the big issues we're dealing with. This election isn't about Covid.
ts5641
Circumstances change so rapidly in politics. 6 months ago I said there's no way DeSantis would consider doing this. But with Trump showing signs of life and since RD is on his last term as governor, this might be a good move now.
ts5641
aggie93 said:

Kvetch said:

I would love it but I'm not sure it would really be a ticket that draws votes Trump wasn't already going to get. I'm not sure it's really advantageous for Desantis either. I would think he'd be better off finishing his term in Florida and taking a cabinet position.
Oh it would absolutely get votes. DeSantis has a solid and very loyal following and a lot of them really don't like Trump. There are also a lot of folks who realize that there are many reasons Trump won't serve a full term if elected and whomever is his VP has a very real chance of actually taking office starting with him being past life expectancy.

It's going to take Trump convincing DeSantis though and not the other way around. DeSantis has a lot more to lose by signing up for that. Some people will hate him for doing so. Trump loves to crap over his allies as DeSantis knows all too well. Most of all regardless DeSantis is still in the best position of anyone to be the nominee in '28 as things stand. A big part of that though is he has just enough separation from Trump while also being aligned with him on policy. The Trump magic is a one trick pony, he has not been able to transfer it to others so whomever follows him will have to have their own power base.

Not holding my breath but happy to watch and see what happens.
It would also be help bring the MAGA folk, who hate RD, back to his side and allow them to vote for RD in 28 without reservation.
ttu_85
Rip*91 said:

Rockdoc said:

Rapier108 said:

Probably just wants DeSantis' war chest.

Every single time Trump meets with someone, they're suddenly going to be his VP pick.

Dude you're better than this. I know you are.

No he's not…He is broken. This is exactly who he is now!
I still see many of his post effectively ripping the left; more so than the boot lickers. All they do is attack anyone that questions Trump. With them its --Never question or criticize the MAN.

I look forward to reading Rapier and others continue to hammer the left with more detail, more facts, more research than any of you emotional knee jerk boot lickers. All y'all have is crap like that in bold and TDS ! TDS !. Simplistic stupid stuff with no detail or thoughts. Kinda like the mindless droning stuff leftest would chant at a commie demonstration.
Phatbob
AG
This would be a death sentence for anyone's political career. Trump has not changed, he uses up and throws away anyone that works for him. The only way it would be beneficial is if Trump steps down or dies in office, and look how that is working out for us with Biden... DeSantis will get to the White House, but he is too valuable to do it as Trumps VP.
eric76
AG
It appears to be for money:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-meets-desantis-seeking-tap-222145495.html

Quote:

Donald Trump and Florida Governor Ron DeSantis met on Sunday to discuss the possibility of tapping DeSantis' donor network, according to a person familiar with the matter.

Reaching into DeSantis' donor pipeline could shore up funds for the presumptive Republican nominee as Trump faces a cash drain from the legal costs of his array of court cases. At the same time, President Joe Biden's campaign widened its fundraising lead over Trump in March, raising more than $90 million.

As of April 21, Trump had just $6.8 million in the accounts he's been using to fund his lawyers. That could drive him to tap funds from other sources to cover upcoming bills and bankroll his campaign.
ef857002-e9da-4375-b80a-869a3518bb00@8shield.net
Muy
AG
I'd love to see Ron debate dip**** Kamala
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
Until Trump trashes him publicly and poison's him to those that fall under Trump's spell(not all Trump voters fall under his spell but many do).
Rockdoc
AG
Don't worry Eric, he's gonna be ok.
eric76
AG
Rockdoc said:

I've resigned to seeing a senile sack of sh*t win the general election, we just don't know which senile sack of sh*t it will be.

So far, your senile sack of sh*t is not showing much sign of campaigning or even preparing to run a campaign. Everything appears like the other senile sack of sh*t would probably have to really screw up to lose the election. Are you resigned to seeing your senile sack of sh*t lose this election, too?
ef857002-e9da-4375-b80a-869a3518bb00@8shield.net
Funky Winkerbean
AG
He left COVID response to the states, exactly what RDS would do. The fact he disagreed with them is not relevant as he didn't force his power upon the situation. You of all people should applaud that.
Phatbob
AG
There is no getting around his failure during Covid. He is part of the reason we are having the issues we are today, and there is no denying that. That was the exact situation where we needed conservative leadership, and he just let the leftists that he let stay in his administration take over, all the while saying it was his idea and it was the right thing to do.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
What were his failures explicitly?
TexAgs91
AG
aggie93 said:

TexAgs91 said:

rgag12 said:

Would be a bonehead move by DeSantis.
If DeSantis isn't VP, he's either on his way to congress or he's on his way to obscurity. He might have one more failed presidential run in him. But if he's VP, he'll have much more credibility with the rest of the country.

As of now there is no successor to Trump and it's a fresh game in '28. If you think Trump having Vivek or Abbott as his VP clears the field I couldn't disagree more.

DeSantis has an insane record and work ethic. He has a solid base of support. Not saying he is the presumptive nominee but he's the likely front runner.
Judging by his performance during the campaign season you really think the rest of the country sees it that way?
Fight! Fight! Fight!
The Banned
Muy said:

The Banned said:

GAC06 said:

peacedude said:

If *I* were Trump, it's me and Ron, and I'm going to quit after 2.5 years and let him have around 10 years to fix this debacle of a country.

That would require Trump to care about something other than himself

This. Voted for Trump twice. Will vote a 3rd. But so many loyal followers don't see it. They think Trump wants to save America. But what Trump wants is for TRUMP to save America. All of his rhetoric towards others (like calling him desanctimonius on the very same night he destroyed Florida Democrats) shows that if it can't be him then he'd rather it all burn down.

If his policies make American stronger, it's so odd that some people get so twisted because he's a narcissist. Get over it, it's a broken record. We need to get behind Trump fully unless you are cool with Biden for another 4 years.

I just said I'd vote for him? How am I not supporting him?

But you're wrong to think his narcissism doesn't harm what otherwise would be a solid movement. John McCain ACA vote is on him, but it would have been nice if we didn't have a ******** as a President that pissed off who should have been an ally. He does it all the time. He needs 100% of the credit 100% of the time and if he doesn't he's going to be pissed and piss off others. So he can have quality policies but can't get them enacted
Rockdoc
AG
eric76 said:

Rockdoc said:

I've resigned to seeing a senile sack of sh*t win the general election, we just don't know which senile sack of sh*t it will be.

So far, your senile sack of sh*t is not showing much sign of campaigning or even preparing to run a campaign. Everything appears like the other senile sack of sh*t would probably have to really screw up to lose the election. Are you resigned to seeing your senile sack of sh*t lose this election, too?

I hate to see you talk about your boy Biden like that. He wouldn't appreciate it….pause
The Banned
Funky Winkerbean said:

He left COVID response to the states, exactly what RDS would do. The fact he disagreed with them is not relevant as he didn't force his power upon the situation. You of all people should applaud that.

Would you consider shoving trillions of dollars into the economy and kicking off our rampant inflation as "leaving it to the states"?
J. Walter Weatherman
Funky Winkerbean said:

Leaving Fauci and Birx in charge of messaging. Even if you don't think he could have fired them there were plenty of experts he could have replaced them with who knew lockdowns and masks were bs as early as the summer. That gave the blue cities and states cover for their insane actions and clearly Trump agreed with them.
Phatbob
AG
Funky Winkerbean said:

We have rehashed this so many times, there is no way you don't remember... like it's been memory holed. Pushing for states to remain closed, allowing Fauci to stay in the spotlight in his push to close down, pushing insane spending... he acted like a liberal (I wonder why that is).
Cromagnum
AG
GenericAggie said:

Trump needs a strong female. It's too bad Tulsi is too liberal for the job. She's a strong speaker and smart.

Im Gipper
eric76 said:

Im Gipper said:

c-jags said:

Constitutional Law scholars can correct me on this, but if the POTUS and the VP are from the same state, that state's electoral votes can't be cast correct?

https://www.history.com/news/can-the-president-and-vice-president-be-from-the-same-state

Trump isn't winning without Florida.

Wrong!

Florida electors can all vote Trump as VP, vote (for example) George Strait as VP
We could end up with a Trump - Harris administration?
I see math is not your friend!

In this scenario, Harris would NOT have a majority of electoral votes for VP!

I'm Gipper
Muy
AG
Phatbob said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

We have rehashed this so many times, there is no way you don't remember... like it's been memory holed. Pushing for states to remain closed, allowing Fauci to stay in the spotlight in his push to close down, pushing insane spending... he acted like a liberal (I wonder why that is).

Wake up. He was in a no-win situation with the COVID situation and anyone with half a brain knows that.
TexAgs91
AG
Ag with kids said:

TexAgs91 said:

rgag12 said:

Would be a bonehead move by DeSantis.
If DeSantis isn't VP, he's either on his way to congress or he's on his way to obscurity. He might have one more failed presidential run in him. But if he's VP, he'll have much more credibility with the rest of the country.
Like Pence?
Sorry, I tend to skip the more obvious steps. Being VP gives the country 4 years to get to know you. DeSantis has a great record and a great intellect. People apparently need more time to get to know that. DeSantis needs more exposure and being VP would do that for him.

Conversely if you're a dbag like Pence, or totally incompetent like Kamala, people will get 4 years to get to know that too.
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Phatbob
AG
Muy said:

Phatbob said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

Wake up. He was in a no-win situation with the COVID situation and anyone with half a brain knows that.
There is being in a bad situation and handling it well and there is being in a bad situation and handling it poorly... he did the latter.
Muy
AG
Ah, so amid the chaos surrounding the world panicking over Covid, it would have gone well if he fired Fauci and anyone from the medical community trying to convince him of the appropriate steps to deal with it? Or maybe take away states rights and bring in the national guard to force states to keep all businesses open?

What should he have done at that time, not knowing how much bs the whole thing was?
Im Gipper
For some, no criticism of the Great One is permitted.

Trump can be forgiven for March, April 2020 COVID response. After that? G-A-R-B-A-G-E

I'm Gipper
J. Walter Weatherman
Muy said:

Ah, so amid the chaos surrounding the world panicking over Covid, it would have gone well if he fired Fauci and anyone from the medical community trying to convince him of the appropriate steps to deal with it? Or maybe take away states rights and bring in the national guard to force states to keep all businesses open?

What should he have done at that time, not knowing how much bs the whole thing was?

Fine to give him a pass in May when things were still relatively unknown. Why was he still trotting out Fauci and Birx in December?
Phatbob
AG
Muy said:

Not going to rehash this for the umpteenth time (we've done this, with the same people, multiple times now), but having conservative basis for how to govern would have guided him to make better decisions. It's just the Trump pattern - the left does something unfair and unlawful, sometimes to Trump, sometimes to us... he handles it extremely badly and something that was not as big of a deal becomes a big deal due to his incompetence, then it becomes a rallying cry for his support. Rinse, repeat.
BigRobSA
Muy said:

Yes. He should have fired Fauci, and others. Desantis fired his SG when he wouldn't stop with the idiocy. That's what a leader does. Especially one that claims, like Trump does, to be an outsider and a fighter. Instead, he *****ed out and let unelected morons run the show. As was usual during his Presidency, he lacked leadership skill, and got gaped by the left. Add to that his insane spending and here we are, along with the next liberal...Biden....turning it to 11.

And now we're stuck choosing between a liberal 80 yr old showing signs of mental decline and Biden (an 80 yr old progressive vegetable). America is ****ed.
Muy
AG
Okay, you be you and pretend he wouldn't have been completely shellacked in 2020 if he fired Fraudci.

Biden appreciates your support.
J. Walter Weatherman
Muy said:

Okay, you be you and pretend he wouldn't have been completely shellacked in 2020 if he fired Fraudci.

Biden appreciates your support.

Is there some wiggle room between firing him and awarding him a medal?
Muy
AG
Odd that Covid is the key voting issue for the TDS sufferers.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.