tu is the first SEC school to join pro-Hamas protests

37,543 Views | 385 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by LMCane
SW AG80
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Now you know why he's being recalled. Can Paxton indict them since it was on state property?

This is the COUNTY ATTORNEY, not the sorry azz DA.
Two completely separate offices.
Irish 2.0
Ah. My bad. Still, I'd imagine the Travis DA is super left leaning too.
SW AG80
AG
Yes both offices are worthless. That tweet puts the problem, this time, on a judge who found no PC. However all 43 complaints were probably prepared by the CA office so that office could have intentionally screwed them up so that the complaints did not show PC.

Travis County is just a cluster all the way around.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Thunderstruck xx said:

Kick them out of the SEC.

Forgive me for posting an old link.
The school DIDNT join anything!
jcc96
AG
On Texags radio is am, A&M said we had protests on campus. That they were peaceful and in designated areas not disturbing operation of the university. Anyone see it and agree/disagree?
infinity ag
Big University falls to Islam.
Rapier108
jcc96 said:

On Texags radio is am, A&M said we had protests on campus. That they were peaceful and in designated areas not disturbing operation of the university. Anyone see it and agree/disagree?
Been discussed on this thread and others.

No one has a problem with them. They followed the rules, didn't start trouble, and went home.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Many of these UT students don't even know what they are protesting about. The police warned them to disperse, but 57 were arrested for refusing to comply. However, Travis County DA Jose Garza dismissed 46 charges. It's ridiculous how there are no consequences for their actions.

https://www.austinchronicle.com/daily/news/2024-04-25/57-people-arrested-at-peaceful-ut-protest-46-cases-declined-so-far/
Gigem314
AG
Iraq2xVeteran said:

Many of these UT students don't even know what they are protesting about. The police warned them to disperse, but because they refused to comply, they were arrested. Expel them all.
Welcome to Earth, third rock from the sun
SW AG80
AG
Iraq2xVeteran said:

Many of these UT students don't even know what they are protesting about. The police warned them to disperse, but because they refused to comply, they were arrested. Expel them all.

Except, as discussed above, no charges were accepted and all 43 were released.

Got to love Travis County.
JohnnyStatueNow
AG
SW AG80 said:

Iraq2xVeteran said:

Except, as discussed above, no charges were accepted and all 43 were released.

Got to love Travis County.
Yep. One of the main leaders of yesterday's protest that was arrested just spoke to the crowd at the protest today. Zero consequences for their actions.
SW AG80
AG
Don't you know that really makes LE happy!

Get out there in all that gear, be called everything in the book, haul horses there and back, arrest 43 for flaunting the fact there will be no consequences for not playing by the rules and sure enough, there are no consequences.
InfantryAg
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Now you know why he's being recalled. Can Paxton indict them since it was on state property?
The state doesn't have a "state" court system for these prosecutions.

This has been the primary issue on the border. Kinney county was the only one (as of 2 years ago) that would prosecute illegals for trespassing. Every other county refused to enforce, so it was a lost cause.
Old Sarge
AG
I learned a new name from all of this thread, credit to a poster 'bout page 3……

"Yasser Arafat Starter Kit"

Thanks to whoever wrote that. I will use this term openly in public.
"Green" is the new RED.
FratboyLegend
Psycho Bunny said:

I'm curious how the Texas alum/fans who post on F-16 feel about this.

Those kids out there protesting are sad misguided fools.

hartzell handled it well.
#CertifiedSIP
Bucketrunner
Rubber bullets would be fun. Add a little tear gas for dessert.
One Louder
AG
They'll pack it up and leave when the semester is over. The dorms will close and the plight of the Palestinians will take a back seat to fun summer plans.
drcrinum

About half of those arrested were not students; i.e., outside organizers manipulating the brain dead. And so close to graduation...I think that is the purpose: create a massive disruption which results in graduation being cancelled. Make a lot of people angry and thereby promote anarchy. Likely this is just a prelude to the Democrat National Convention this summer...it will be chaotic and perhaps provide an excuse to cancel/postpone the 2024 Federal Elections.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
I'm waiting to see if tu cancels their graduation like USC did.
Irish 2.0
Nonregdrummer09 said:

They cancelled the whole graduation?! I saw where they'd cancelled the Valedictorian speaker because she was a massive Hamas sympathizer, but not the whole graduation!
Nonregdrummer09
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Nonregdrummer09 said:

They cancelled the whole graduation?! I saw where they'd cancelled the Valedictorian speaker because she was a massive Hamas sympathizer, but not the whole graduation!

Irish 2.0
Wow!!
OldArmy71
AG
They should not allow these terrorists to disrupt graduation.
TAMU1990
AG
Nonregdrummer09 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Nonregdrummer09 said:

How can you have a college valedictorian? Lots of kids with a 4.0 graduating.

Odds are these kids didn't have a HS graduation in 2020 too; especially anyone in Cali or a blue state.
drcrinum

He looks a little old to be a student. Must be a faculty member...perhaps Psychology Department??
Bighunter43
AG
Thunderstruck xx said:

TAMU1990 said:

OK, so tu may not have officially been the first SEC school to join in on supporting terrorists, but they're definitely the first to make absolute fools of themselves/declare how out of touch they are.

Apparently Hartzell sent out an email that any staff that cancels their classes would be looking for a new job….
Rapier108

"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Psycho Bunny
Good job Hartzell.

Americans new motto
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate
SW AG80
AG
No our AG has no criminal jurisdiction.
OldArmy71
AG
Austin paper is trying to stir up trouble for the Texas president.
usmcbrooks
drcrinum said:

He looks a little old to be a student. Must be a faculty member...perhaps Psychology Department??

Emotional Support lizard? You've got to be ****ting me.

mjschiller
AG
What do you expect from a commie school.
IIIHorn

https://texags.com/forums/12/topics/1341187/replies/67446408

MooreTrucker
AG
TAMU1990 said:

Nonregdrummer09 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Nonregdrummer09 said:

How can you have a college valedictorian? Lots of kids with a 4.0 graduating.

Odds are these kids didn't have a HS graduation in 2020 too; especially anyone in Cali or a blue state.
That was pointed out by someone on TV this morning. Cancelled graduations then because of COVID, cancelled graduations now because of this.

Both in election years. Coincidence?
drcrinum

An interesting read from Administration that details the events, circumstances and communications leading up to the TU protest fiasco.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.