84 Republicans vote for warrantless domestic spying

3,660 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 13 days ago by C@LAg
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Check if your congressperson is on the list. The chode Mike McCaul is of course. They voted against an amendment requiring a warrant for domestic spying under FISA.

Merrick Garland's office called members of congress all morning urging them to vote no on this amendment.

But do remember, there is language that prevents congress from being spied on without a warrant and full notification/permission first.

But let's all keep playing the red vs blue game. It's a good side charade to avoid addressing the real issues.
samurai_science
Crenshaw
C@LAg
samurai_science said:

Crenshaw
yep./
f-en Crenshaw. esquire.

what a crappy representative.
samurai_science
buT Brandon Herrera HaS onLy livEd heRe a FEw yEaRS!!! Where is the Tony Gonzales shill at?
Fenrir
What is the reasoning for voting against this, other than entrenched authoritarians refusing to give up even the tiniest bit of unchecked bureaucratic power over citizens?

Seems like the only real way to get rid of this would be through SCOTUS at this point.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
Like I needed anymore reason to vote against Tony Gonzalez next month in the runoff. Come on District 23. Vote for Brandon Herrera.
Bunk Moreland
Fenrir said:

What is the reasoning for voting against this, other than entrenched authoritarians refusing to give up even the tiniest bit of unchecked bureaucratic power over citizens?

What indeed.
aggiehawg
AG
Two hops. Then two hops from there, Then two hops from all of those people and so on and so on and so on.
samurai_science
Hubert J. Farnsworth said:

Like I needed anymore reason to vote against Tony Gonzalez next month in the runoff. Come on District 23. Vote for Brandon Herrera.
Tony Gonzales needs to lose, he is a traitor
Logos Stick
Johnson broke the tie breaker.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
samurai_science said:

buT Brandon Herrera HaS onLy livEd heRe a FEw yEaRS!!! Where is the Tony Gonzales shill at?

Since the primary last month, I've seen a ton of new Herrera signs, in people's yards and on their fencelines, across my county. There are hardly any Tony Gonzales signs. I think a lot of conservatives, where I live, want Tony gone.
Booma94
AG
samurai_science said:

Crenshaw
I am shocked. Shocked! that Crenshaw would vote in favor of government overreach and reducing the civil liberties of Americans.
pacecar02
aggiehawg said:

Two hops. Then two hops from there, Then two hops from all of those people and so on and so on and so on.
It's the 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon form of surveillance
no sig
MouthBQ98
AG
Oh no. It would take work to spy on Americans without a warrant! How terrible of an idea. /sarcasm

It's not like the founding fathers didn't foresee this BS.
Tea Party
Example #4,198 that Republican does not mean conservative.

Therefore RINO only applies if the Republican party still carries a strong commonality with being conservative. So either we admit these are RINO's and need to be called out, or we admit that the Republican party is no longer conservative.
Learn about the Texas Nationalist Movement
https://tnm.me
Ellis Wyatt
I have written my congressman.

The GOP are the Whigs of 2024. They need to go away. Absolutely worthless.
LOYAL AG
AG
Tea Party said:

Therefore RINO only applies if the Republican party still carries a strong commonality with being conservative. So either we admit these are RINO's and need to be called out, or we admit that the Republican party is no longer conservative.

I've posted on F16 countless times that conservatives are the actual RINO's. The Republican Party isn't conservative. It hasn't been small government in two decades or more but under Trump it has become more populist than anything.

Having said that the parties are remaking themselves. The Republicans are becoming the party of the middle class and working class with the Democrats becoming the party of the rich and powerful, the perpetually aggrieved (whites only) and serfs. If you're middle class and vote Democrat you're a fool voting against your own best interest. We're going to see racial minorities who work moving to the Republicans and liberal whites become the centerpiece of the Democrat party. Of course that will make the Republicans racist as the Democrats become more and more and more white.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
coconutED
AG
samurai_science said:

Crenshaw
Won his primary 60-40. Way to go TX2 voters.
aggiehawg
AG
pacecar02 said:

aggiehawg said:

It's the 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon form of surveillance
Indeed it is.

As we saw with the Carter Page FISA, they lied to the FISA court to get a Title I warrant against him claiming he was a foreign agent. Then they went hippity hoppity like the Easter Bunny ETA: using 702 queries,
CrockerCock00
AG
Burgess' retirement can't get here fast enough.
Predmid
AG
I don't see Self's name on there at least.
An L of an Ag
AG
Ditto for Chip Roy.
samurai_science
Carter is on the list also
PA24
AG
What are the chances of a tie on such a bill?

LMAO
Hubert J. Farnsworth
Mike Johnson was the tie breaker. The guy has started to crater to the swamp lately.
Hubert J. Farnsworth

Anna Paulina Luna has requested a rare procedural maneuver that will force a second vote on Monday.

fredfredunderscorefred
samurai_science
They are on notice now, lets see what happens
C@LAg
I predict they will pass it again.

Republicans are spineless.
Bigballin
AG
We need to hold onto the second amendment. Tyranny is here
Gunner90'
LOYAL AG said:

Tea Party said:

I've posted on F16 countless times that conservatives are the actual RINO's. The Republican Party isn't conservative. It hasn't been small government in two decades or more but under Trump it has become more populist than anything.

Having said that the parties are remaking themselves. The Republicans are becoming the party of the middle class and working class with the Democrats becoming the party of the rich and powerful, the perpetually aggrieved (whites only) and serfs. If you're middle class and vote Democrat you're a fool voting against your own best interest. We're going to see racial minorities who work moving to the Republicans and liberal whites become the centerpiece of the Democrat party. Of course that will make the Republicans racist as the Democrats become more and more and more white.
WolfCall
AG
It is hard to believe that 84 Republicans voted for this!
You voted for this because you didn't like Mean Tweets?!
JSKolache
AG
Fenrir said:

Seems like the only real way to get rid of this would be through SCOTUS at this point.
The rationale for warrantless wiretaps is that it has to be limited to purely intelligence gathering, by design. It can't be used for law enforcement. No warrant = no due process = no prosecution in a court. Also, Intel community is the wild west, they do whatever they want, with or without congressional approval.
flashplayer
AG
McCaul is a worthless RINO POS. Shameful we can't get better than some of these people.
An L of an Ag
AG
WolfCall said:

It is hard to believe that 84 Republicans voted for this!

In b4 Thor "Is it REALLY?" gif.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.