Rival monkey gangs are taking over a Thai tourist town

4,977 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by slatermikan
Ghost Mech
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Who had monkey gangs on their 2024 bingo card?????

I'll take rats, pigeons and grackles as an urban nuisance pest over monkeys any day!

more detail....

[url=https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13248217/Rampaging-monkey-gangs-terrorise-Thailand-cops-slingshots.html][/url]
Quote:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13248217/Rampaging-monkey-gangs-terrorise-Thailand-cops-slingshots.html

The local police station has now issued wooden catapults that officers can use to fire at the unruly primates, which often climb over cars and steal food from shops and tourists as well as vandalise property.

Footage shows two police officers riding around Lopburi on a motorcycle, with the one on the back drawing the slingshot and launching small stones at the 'dangerous' primates.

The move comes as Police Major General Apirak Wechkanchana, commander of Lopburi Provincial Police, ordered to establish a special unit to combat aggressive wild monkeys.

General Apirak said: 'I am aware of the potential danger from monkeys. They have started to pose a threat to tourists and locals. The slingshots now being carried by our officers will help to threaten the monkeys when necessary.

'In most cases they only need to use the slingshots as a deterrent, they don't have to use objects to strike the monkeys.

Staff at the Department of National Parks, Wildlife, and Plant Conservation have also started catching some of the worst monkey offenders and relocating them to temporary shelters.

However, they reportedly had difficulties as the primate 'thugs' were familiar with tranquiliser guns and would scale tall buildings and houses whenever they came near.

Nathi Krutthaka, Conservation Bureau Officer No. 1, said: 'We had to hide our faces and conceal the tranquiliser guns so the monkeys wouldn't see them.'
C@LAg
i was going to make a that-looks-like-the-southern-border-being-overrun joke, but pretty sure that would get flagged.
Slicer97
AG
Slingshot? How about some #4 shot?
Post removed:
by user
TheCurl84
AG
This is what it will look like on April 8. I'm bracing.
whatthehey78
AG
Fire crackers, roman candles, bottle rockets...hand grenades
C@LAg
1. buy one a dinner.
2. ruffie it with some monkeypox
4. profit. dead monkeys.
shack009
AG

Quote:

One team successfully captured monkey gang leader Ai Krao who is well known for its aggressive behavior. The monkey was hauled off in a cage after being shot by the police with a sedative dart.

The monkeys are adapting and recognizing when officers have a tranquilizer gun.

"We had to hide our faces and conceal the tranquilizer guns so the monkeys wouldn't see them." said Conservation Bureau Officer Nathi Krutthaka.
What in the world....
Gunny456
AG
Just a peaceful protest by MLM. Democrats will support them.
AGinHI
AG
Lol! That's quite a story.

Monkey gangs and catapults.

Ghost Mech
Anytime I bring out a black rifle outside, my chickens take off running for cover.

They've learned when the thunder stick is out, one of the flock ain't coming back to the coop that night.....

Chickens are dumb as **** but they know how to survive.

These monkeys are WAY more intelligent. I wouldn't be surprised if they start attacking the cops that are hunting them.
cr06gis
AG
im so going to get a ban using a gif of this in the future
YouBet
AG
Send in Nolan Ryan.

And these dudes are dumb. Monkeys figured out tranq guns. It will take the killer monkeys 2 seconds to figure out blank slingshots are no threat.

Quote:

'In most cases they only need to use the slingshots as a deterrent, they don't have to use objects to strike the monkeys.

However, they reportedly had difficulties as the primate 'thugs' were familiar with tranquiliser guns and would scale tall buildings and houses whenever they came near.

Nathi Krutthaka, Conservation Bureau Officer No. 1, said: 'We had to hide our faces and conceal the tranquiliser guns so the monkeys wouldn't see them.'
Logos Stick
Shock the Monkey.
EllisCoAg
AG
start of Planet of the Apes saga?
I wanna see our defense pissed off, not confused, maybe a little murder in their hearts Reload12, 11/4/11
agent-maroon
AG
Primates gonna primate...
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
waitwhat?
I can't wait to tell my leftist friend that I saw a video of a bunch of monkeys in a gang fight, and when she tells me how racist I am, show her the video and watch the realization of her assumption dawn on her.
" 'People that read with pictures think that it's simply about a mask' - Dana Loesch" - Ban Cow Gas

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Dr. Ron Paul

Big Tech IS the empire of lies

TEXIT
Buck Turgidson
I hate monkeys. They're like tiny Democrats.
aggiehawg
AG
waitwhat? said:

I can't wait to tell my leftist friend that I saw a video of a bunch of monkeys in a gang fight, and when she tells me how racist I am, show her the video and watch the realization of her assumption dawn on her.
Brilliant!
Sharpshooter
AG
Logos Stick said:

Shock the Monkey.
TequilaMockingbird
C@LAg said:

i was going to make a that-looks-like-the-southern-border-being-overrun joke, but pretty sure that would get flagged.
I was going to say NY or Seattle.
bobbranco
AG
Macaques are bad mofos.
FatZilla
AG
Start the hunt! Lots of meat skewers running around down there.
RDV-1992
I have to say that I didn't have "Monkey apocalypse" on my end of the world bingo card.
TexasRebel
AG
Zergling Rush said:

Anytime I bring out a black rifle outside, my chickens take off running for cover.

They've learned when the thunder stick is out, one of the flock ain't coming back to the coop that night.....

These monkeys are WAY more intelligent. I wouldn't be surprised if they start attacking the cops that are hunting them.

You shoot chickens?
FatZilla
AG
TexasRebel said:

Zergling Rush said:

You shoot chickens?

Choking it is usually easier
Madman
AG
Simpsons story coming to life?

AggDogg61
Looks like downtown Chicago
Who?mikejones!
Slicer97 said:

"The local police station has now issued wooden catapults that officers can use to fire the unruly primates"

I missed the "at" the first read through and I thought the police were catapulting the monkeys out.

SouthTex99
AG
Ag with kids
AG

We do this to small animals...

Why not do THIS to a GROUP of small animals....

Ag with kids
AG
bobbranco said:

Macaques are bad mofos.

They aight...
eric76
AG
C@LAg said:

1. buy one a dinner.
2. ruffie it with some monkeypox
4. profit. dead monkeys.
Kind of like dropping prairie dogs who just died of bubonic plague into another prairie dog town that had not been afflicted with plague yet?
ef857002-e9da-4375-b80a-869a3518bb00@8shield.net
eric76
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Slicer97 said:

"The local police station has now issued wooden catapults that officers can use to fire the unruly primates"

I missed thr "at" the first read through and I thought the pokie were catapulting the monkeys out.

Watch out for falling monkeys?

You could write a song, "Monkeys keep falling on my head. ... Those monkeys are falling on my head, they keep falling. ... I'm never gonna stop the monkeys by complaining."

You might have a hit on your hands.
ef857002-e9da-4375-b80a-869a3518bb00@8shield.net
AgDotCom
Quote:

Monkeys figured out tranq guns. It will take the killer monkeys 2 seconds to figure out blank slingshots are no threat.

Well, in that case....

You're welcome.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.