Mark Robinson - NC gov nominee

8,305 Views | 90 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Ellis Wyatt
Ag with kids
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Malibu said:

Nope, not my position. Not going to argue against your ****ty strawman.
Let's break down your point and my restatement...

Your statement was:
Quote:

I think the point he was trying to make,

if it wasn't for the Weimar Republic disarming the population the Jews would have defended themselves from the Holocaust is nonsense enough

And my statement was:
Quote:

Ah...so basically you're dismissing the argument

that allowing the government to disarm its citizens could lead to government oppression.
So, you don't think that "the Weimar Republic disarming the population of the Jews" is "allowing the government to disarm it's citizens"?

Or do you not think that "the Jews would have defended themselves from the Holocaust" is analogous to "lead(ing) to government oppression."
Malibu
I think the idea that the Jews, 1% of the German population, were going to Red Dawn the Nazis before or after they came to power, let alone the Jews in other European states (whose gun policies in WWII era is not my area of expertise) the Nazis conquered, is a pretty wild take. That has little to do with my overall thoughts on whether disarming a population is a good or bad idea.
Ag with kids
AG
Malibu said:

I think the idea that the Jews, 1% of the German population, were going to Red Dawn the Nazis before or after they came to power, let alone the Jews in other European states (whose gun policies in WWII era is not my area of expertise) the Nazis conquered, is a pretty wild take. That has little to do with my overall thoughts on whether disarming a population is a good or bad idea.
Fair enough...but the Jews weren't the only ones that had been disarmed. EVERYONE had.

So, when the government oppression started with the Jews, NOBODY could really stand up to it...and the Nazis knew that. And they might have been more reluctant to use their brutal tactics if they knew the Jews could fight back.

So, I won't say that Robinson's point was NONSENSE...
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
barbacoa taco said:

Old Army Metal said:

That's a charitable interpretation.
"tHe QuOtE wAs TaKeN OuT oF cOnTeXt"

Be smarter.

Maybe you'll grow up some day.

Jack Boyette
Old Army Metal said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

Old Army Metal said:

I am going to need more than a meme.

You and I have different definitions of "meme."

He quotes hitler and has a rich history of anti-Semitic remarks. I'm not sure how else to parse this. This man is a walking red flag.

It's pretty "antisemitic" to support Hamas and Palestine, yet the Democratic Party soldiers right along.
cecil77
AG
Not the fiirst time that reading a thread has wasted 20 minutes of my life..
K2-HMFIC
Wooof…

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/north-carolina-gop-mark-robinson-women-vote_n_65e7d899e4b0f9d26cacc002

Down ballot folks are gonna have a great time answering the question if the 19th amendment should be repealed.

Serious drag on the GOP in NC.
DrEvazanPhD
Guys, if this was newsome, or jeremiah wright, or any other (d), wouldn't even be news. Yet here we are.
Old Army Metal
AG
DrEvazanPhD said:

Guys, if this was newsome, or jeremiah wright, or any other (d), wouldn't even be news. Yet here we are.
i dunno, Gavin Newsome coming out against giving women the franchise would probably make a few headlines.
VitruvianAg
AG
richardag said:

The attempted genocide by Hitler knows no bounds.
The Holocaust's Forgotten Victims: The 5 Million Non-Jewish People Killed By The Nazis
In addition to trying to eliminate all Jews Hitler also targeted
  • "Historians estimate the total number of deaths to be 11 million, with the victims encompassing gay people, priests, gypsies, people with mental or physical disabilities, communists, trade unionists, Jehovah's Witnesses, anarchists, Poles and other Slavic peoples, and resistance fighters."
Hitler not only targeted Jews he targeted his political rivals.
It's the LEFT's MO...aren't we witnessing it now?
BluHorseShu
AG
agpetz said:

Old Army Metal said:

Here is the full post: The center and leftist leaning Weimar Republic put heavy gun ownership restrictions on German citizens long before the Nazis took power. This foolishness about Hitler disarming MILLIONS of Jews and then marching them off to concentration camps is a bunch of hogwash. Repeating that hogwash makes the conservative argument against the current attempts by liberal Marxist to push Unconstitutional gun control measures in this Nation look FOOLISH.

https://www.facebook.com/804552359/posts/pfbid0KsFZ2CW7UAdBje2YSiHxvvGetgPQggcbyiKb1GuZwEkwhpjENW5aH4jc5ovtUUsJl/?mibextid=DcJ9fc

He isn't denying the holocaust...it is an anti-gun control post that is saying if Germans were armed, the holocaust wouldn't have happened.
Good grief. So the contention is the holocaust would not have happened had the Jewish population been armed?

Funny how we support Israel and post articles about idiots making pro Gaza or anti Israel things ....but then chip away at how horrific the holocaust.

And even Robinson later stated he should have phrased things a different way. I'm all for having him running in NC....but to bend over backwards to justify past comments that just sounded stupid is one way we are not Making America Great Again. Excusing stuff just so we take back control just gives tacit consent for it to continue.

Thankfully at least many Republicans called him on his comments.
VitruvianAg
AG
Malibu said:

Your lack of historical knowledge on this matter is quite impressive.

Perhaps you should watch the movie with Daniel Craig "Resistance"...and then look into other successful Jewish Resistance efforts during WW2 all over Europe. It would not have been possible w/o arming themselves.
e=mc2
AG
You guys are wasting your time arguing with dishonest liberals. They are liars and prove it every day.
BluHorseShu
AG
VitruvianAg said:

Malibu said:

Perhaps you should watch the movie with Daniel Craig "Resistance"...and then look into other successful Jewish Resistance efforts during WW2 all over Europe. It would not have been possible w/o arming themselves.

1) that was a hollywood movie based on the resistance and 2) that effort in no way challenges what he said. If the Nazi's were determined to do what they did, armed Jews might have made a dent, but the result would have been the same without early intervention from allies. If the Germans were so easily defeated, why did the U.S. and Russia take so long to conquer them?

Can't believe people are even trying to make this argument.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Old Army Metal said:

No, that's the interpretation in context. Hitler didn't disarm millions of Jews. The Weimer Republic did, along with most other German citizens. Then the Nazis came along and used those same well meaning liberal laws to kill millions of people.

It's not a well worded statement by any means, but it isn't what it's made out to be.
Old Army Metal
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

Old Army Metal said:

No, that's the interpretation in context. Hitler didn't disarm millions of Jews. The Weimer Republic did, along with most other German citizens. Then the Nazis came along and used those same well meaning liberal laws to kill millions of people.

It's not a well worded statement by any means, but it isn't what it's made out to be.

If he didn't have a track record of saying inflammatory things about Jews then I would give him the benefit of the doubt. But he does, so I don't.
Zeke1995
AG
VitruvianAg said:

I've liked this guy since I saw his breakout rant video on some local government committee...
I first read this as "breakfast rant" and was immediately intrigued on his opinions regarding hash browns.
VitruvianAg
AG
BluHorseShu said:

VitruvianAg said:

Malibu said:

1) that was a hollywood movie based on the resistance and 2) that effort in no way challenges what he said. If the Nazi's were determined to do what they did, armed Jews might have made a dent, but the result would have been the same without early intervention from allies. If the Germans were so easily defeated, why did the U.S. and Russia take so long to conquer them?

Can't believe people are even trying to make this argument.

Ah ha! A resistance denier!

The movie is based on a historical event that occured at the Poland/ Belarusian wilderness.

The point is; it would never have occured had they not acquired the arms with which to protect themselves...any government should fear an armed populace.
nortex97
AG

Love that guy!
Yesterday
AG
This man has all the right liberal posters screaming! Looks like I'll be donating to his campaign.
Ellis Wyatt
nortex97 said:

This is the dumbest thread I have read so far this year. Congrats to the…people contributing to the moronic bull*****
Dehumanization is the libs' #1 go-to. Whether it's the race card or the Nazi card, they just have to polarize and freeze the opponent by calling him something incredibly heinous, then they're saving democracy. Never mind that they have to destroy democracy to save it, but the people they oppose are always sub-human filth, so it has to be done.

They're very tolerant, they just don't tolerate anyone who disagrees with them because, obviously, those people aren't really humans.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.