"Texas" Federal Judge blocks illegal immigrants being arrest in Texas

9,732 Views | 128 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by will25u
TexAgs91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CDUB98 said:

Rapier108 said:

Judge was originally appointed by Reagan.
If he's that old, he should be retired.

Reality is that the TX arrest law was never going to survive. While I agree wholeheartedly with the idea of Texas taking control and kicking people out, the simple fact is that, per the Constitution, immigration is a Federal matter.

Now, if TX wants to stand it's ground and tell the Feds to "Come and Take It," let's go. Time to get this **** overwith.

Per the Constitution, Texas also has a right to defend itself from an invasion. Abbott should ignore the judge.
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Rongagin71
AG
I believe that even Biden has admitted that the situation on the border
is an emergency.
ttu_85
Rongagin71 said:

I believe that even Biden has admitted that the situation on the border
is an emergency.

He is playing nothing but politics based on recent polling. That jackass doesn't even know whats going on.

Now his handlers sure do. They know all about working outside the system -- to subvert it.
ttu_85
TexAgs91 said:

CDUB98 said:

Rapier108 said:

If he's that old, he should be retired.

Reality is that the TX arrest law was never going to survive. While I agree wholeheartedly with the idea of Texas taking control and kicking people out, the simple fact is that, per the Constitution, immigration is a Federal matter.

Now, if TX wants to stand it's ground and tell the Feds to "Come and Take It," let's go. Time to get this **** overwith.

Per the Constitution, Texas also has a right to defend itself from an invasion. Abbott should ignore the judge.
Lately Abbot is making some great moves. Remember he told the Supreme Court "yeah whatever". I think he will do the same. And Abbot has powerful friends in Fla, Ga, OH, IN. State push back against executive abuse is key right now.
Build It
AG
Perhaps he's making a push for VP?
Jack Boyette
Urban Ag said:

Quote:

dealing a victory to the Biden administration in its feud with Republican Gov. Greg Abbott over immigration enforcement.

Everyone should think long and hard about this statement.

If this is a win for Biden then in proves without question that the democrat party is in fact purposely destroying this nation. There is absolutely no other logical conclusion.

Which is why the idiots that claim to be Republicans but just "couldn't vote for Trump" shouldn't be allowed to vote again.
Ag with kids
AG
Jack Boyette said:

Urban Ag said:

Quote:

dealing a victory to the Biden administration in its feud with Republican Gov. Greg Abbott over immigration enforcement.

If this is a win for Biden then in proves without question that the democrat party is in fact purposely destroying this nation. There is absolutely no other logical conclusion.

Which is why the idiots that claim to be Republicans but just "couldn't vote for Trump" shouldn't be allowed to vote again.
Or, if Trump loses...all the people who pushed for Trump to be the nominee shouldn't be allowed to vote again.
Antoninus
Ag with kids said:

Antoninus said:

Quote:

I am perfectly fine with Texas going all John Marshall has made his decision, now let him enforce it.
Ah, Andrew Jackson. Perennial candidate for every "Top 5 most-Dictatorial Presidents of all Time" list.
Ok...so.

FDR
LBJ
Jackson
Lincoln

Who else rounds out the top 5?
Wilson has a place in the discussion, as does Johnson. Adams (Alien and Sedition Acts) honorable mention?
Ag with kids
AG
Antoninus said:

Ag with kids said:

Antoninus said:

Quote:

I am perfectly fine with Texas going all John Marshall has made his decision, now let him enforce it.
Ah, Andrew Jackson. Perennial candidate for every "Top 5 most-Dictatorial Presidents of all Time" list.
Ok...so.

FDR
LBJ
Jackson
Lincoln

Who else rounds out the top 5?
Wilson has a place in the discussion, as does Johnson. Adams (Alien and Sedition Acts) honorable mention?
I assume when you say Johnson, you're meaning LBJ, right? Andrew might have been ineffective, but I wouldn't call him dictatorial...

And yeah...Wilson. The Republicans should make April 15th Woodrow Wilson Day to remind the country every year.

But, who do you bump to put Adams in there...the A&SA was bad, though.
Antoninus
Ag with kids said:

who do you bump to put Adams in there...the A&SA was bad, though.
as I said, after Lincoln and Jackson, there is room for discussion. I don't think there is a clear "next three"
Jack Boyette
Ag with kids said:

Jack Boyette said:

Urban Ag said:

Quote:

Or, if Trump loses...all the people who pushed for Trump to be the nominee shouldn't be allowed to vote again.

Or, if he loses because never Trump Republicans and concerned moderates are too stupid to vote for him, they should never be allowed to vote again. And around and round we go.
You lost overwhelmingly. Get in line and do the smart thing for the good of the country. It's not that hard.
Ag with kids
AG
Jack Boyette said:

Ag with kids said:

Jack Boyette said:

Urban Ag said:

Quote:

Or, if he loses because never Trump Republicans and concerned moderates are too stupid to vote for him, they should never be allowed to vote again. And around and round we go.
You lost overwhelmingly. Get in line and do the smart thing for the good of the country. It's not that hard.
No.

If he loses, it's your fault. Don't blame me because you didn't listen.

I'm not weak minded like many seem to be, so that guilt trip **** doesn't work on me...

But, I DO love the continued use of insults as a method to try to convince people to come over to your position.

Unless you vote Trump, you're too stupid to be allowed to vote.

GREAT campaign slogan. You should market it...
TexasRebel
AG
I think anyone who votes for a president that gets impeached should have their voting power decimated.
Texas velvet maestro
Ag with kids said:

Jack Boyette said:

Ag with kids said:

Jack Boyette said:

Urban Ag said:

Quote:

No.

I'm not weak minded like many seem to be, so that guilt trip **** doesn't work on me...
Everything you say, all your insults and brags are predicated on the idea that DeSantis would win a fair general election in the USA 2024.

you seem to be missing something.
Antoninus
Jack Boyette said:

Get in line and do the smart thing for the good of the country.
There is an old maxim regarding how the two major parties select their presidential nominees: the Dems "fall in love," and the GOP "falls in line."
Jack Boyette
Ag with kids said:

Jack Boyette said:

Ag with kids said:

Jack Boyette said:

Urban Ag said:

Quote:

No.

But, I DO love the continued use of insults as a method to try to convince people to come over to your position.

No, it isn't my fault. It's yours. Your candidate got drummed. Destroyed. The difference between you and me is that I realize this isn't about my personal feelings. It's about something much more important. If DeSantis were still in it, I'd likely vote for him. But he isn't. So I'm going to get behind the best option.

The fact that your feelings are hurt because someone points out the obvious isn't my problem, it's yours. I'm not trying to "win you over." If you're such an emotional child that you need someone to worry about your feelings or else you won't do the pragmatic thing, my original point stands.
Tibbers
Rapier108 said:

Makes sense, Reagan's immigration policies were horrendous.
BigRobSA
Jack Boyette said:

Or, if he loses because never Trump Republicans and concerned moderates...

Damn, another list I didn't make.

#NeverLiberal
Rongagin71
AG
Antoninus said:

Jack Boyette said:

Get in line and do the smart thing for the good of the country.
There is an old maxim regarding how the two major parties select their presidential nominees: the Dems "fall in love," and the GOP "falls in line."
Nowadays its the GOP that is a conglomeration while the Dems are approaching single party solidarity.
The one hope I see is that "solidarity" is chasing more Dems to follow JFK Jr, and just possibly enough Pubs will also do the right thing and actually elect a young energetic.
And for the Trump enthusiasts, you should have voted for DeSantis because Trump's legal problems are just now starting...the ruling party is about to unleash.
Ag with kids
AG
Texas velvet maestro said:

Ag with kids said:

Jack Boyette said:

Ag with kids said:

Jack Boyette said:

Urban Ag said:

Quote:

No.

Everything you say, all your insults and brags are predicated on the idea that DeSantis would win a fair general election in the USA 2024.

you seem to be missing something.

I never did insults. I never bragged. I have no idea who you're directing that at, but it isn't me.
Ag with kids
AG
Jack Boyette said:

Ag with kids said:

Jack Boyette said:

Ag with kids said:

Jack Boyette said:

Urban Ag said:

Quote:

No.

No, it isn't my fault. It's yours. Your candidate got drummed. Destroyed. The difference between you and me is that I realize this isn't about my personal feelings. It's about something much more important. If DeSantis were still in it, I'd likely vote for him. But he isn't. So I'm going to get behind the best option.

The fact that your feelings are hurt because someone points out the obvious isn't my problem, it's yours. I'm not trying to "win you over." If you're such an emotional child that you need someone to worry about your feelings or else you won't do the pragmatic thing, my original point stands.
When you start with a false premise, you're already on the wrong track. My feelings are not hurt. I'm sorry that you don't understand my argument. Can't help you there.

I'm also not tossing out ad hominems like you seem to enjoy doing. But, when you're doing that, you just continue failing in your argument.
Im Gipper
Quote:

On to the 5th Circuit!
Ahem.

I'm Gipper
taxpreparer
AG
Ag with kids said:

Jack Boyette said:

Ag with kids said:

Jack Boyette said:

Urban Ag said:

Quote:

No.

You and Boyett need to take your missing match to another thread. One that is not about Abbot and the TX border.
will25u
That was fast.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.