Hawaii says no right to bear arms????

5,406 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by EX TEXASEX
Im Gipper
How long do you want to ignore this user?

This will be quickly stopped. Even by crazy 9th circuit!!

I'm Gipper
CDUB98
AG
RebelE Infantry
AG
They also cited The Wire (yes, the tv show) in their decision.

For that alone they should be stripped of statehood and subjected to military occupation.
The flames of the Imperium burn brightly in the hearts of men repulsed by degenerate modernity. Souls aflame with love of goodness, truth, beauty, justice, and order.
Señor Chang
AG
Lol at "federally mandated".
A_Gang_Ag_06
AG
The only spirit of aloha I recognize…

Joes
Don't cities all over the mainland essentially supersede the 2nd amendment like this anyway? I've never understood how, but it sure seems like city ordinances come before the Constitution in many places and people just accept it. Apparently it's deemed a "collective right" by some and not an individual right and cities and states can ignore it when they want.
JWinTX
This is the state the proudly allows Mazie Hirono to represent them. She's the dumbest person to ever serve as a Senator, which is really saying something.
MagnumLoad
Joes said:

Don't cities all over the mainland essentially supersede the 2nd amendment like this anyway? I've never understood how, but it sure seems like city ordinances come before the Constitution in many places and people just accept it.

Yes, the Denver district in CO is a perfect example. It should be challenged up to SCOTUS.
Highway6
AG
Joes said:

Don't cities all over the mainland essentially supersede the 2nd amendment like this anyway? I've never understood how, but it sure seems like city ordinances come before the Constitution in many places and people just accept it.
Law makers ignore the Constitution on a daily basis. That used to be called treason.
Secolobo
AG
Can we just conquer them and get it over with?
Urban Ag
AG
RebelE Infantry said:

For that alone they should be stripped of statehood and subjected to military occupation.
No need for a military occupation.

Hawaiians have stated for years they want to be independent. We should let them go peacefully. We just reserve the right to keep our bases and the airport at Honolulu. If they want the US Navy to protect them they can pay us. And all the big corps with their resorts their can deal directly with the new Hawaiian govt from here on out.

Win/win. Who cares?
CDUB98
AG
Quote:

We just reserve the right to keep our bases and the airport at Honolulu. If they want the US Navy to protect them they can pay us.
I'm absolutely fine with them leaving based on this caveat.
El Gallo Blanco
Wouldn/t Hawaiians still be living half-naked in huts and chasing roosters and hunting boar with spears if it weren't for "haole"? Although, with the current outrageous price of literally everything out there, maybe that would be a preferable existence. There are chickens literally everywhere, it would be hard to go hungry in rural Hawaii if you knew what you were doing.
CDUB98
AG
Quote:

There are chickens literally everywhere, it would be hard to go hungry in rural Hawaii if you knew what you were doing.
Username does NOT check out.
El Gallo Blanco
Urban Ag said:

RebelE Infantry said:

No need for a military occupation.

Hawaiians have stated for years they want to be independent. We should let them go peacefully. We just reserve the right to keep our bases and the airport at Honolulu. If they want the US Navy to protect them they can pay us. And all the big corps with their resorts their can deal directly with the new Hawaiian govt from here on out.

Win/win. Who cares?
There may not be a more incompetent and corrupt state government in the country...even including California. Oahu constructed an elevated rail with a stupid route that no one uses...for like $11 Billion. Originally budgeted at $5 Billion. Just burning billions like the dumb libs that they are.
TexAgs91
AG
Secolobo said:

I say yes. When they ditch the US Constitution, they've gone rogue.
agracer
AG
Im Gipper said:

I like how they quote the Constitution, and try to trump it with the Declaration of Independence.
C@LAg
bears would be an invasive species, as they do not currently exist in Hawaii. and Hawaii has many strict laws against invasive species.

So there is no right to bear arms.
UTExan
Secolobo said:

The Chinese would beat us to it under the current administration. Sounds like it may already be a Chinese outpost.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Stive
AG
Someone needs a history lesson on the Hawaiian Islands warriors.
CDUB98
AG
C@LAg said:

bears would be an invasive species, as they do not currently exist in Hawaii. and Hawaii has many strict laws against invasive species.

So there is no right to bear arms.
That sounded funnier in your head.
BluHorseShu
AG
Im Gipper said:

So stupid. They don't even have bears in Hawaii
doubledog
Here is the true "spirit of Aloha".

Brief list of Hawaiian wars before Cpt. Cook.(1779)

Naval skirmish between King Kumuhonua of Oahu and his brothers over land successions. (11th century)
First Oahuan Revolution/ Battle of Lihue Fortress. (13/14th century)
Conflicts under Mailikkahi. (13/14th century)
Battle of Waikakalaua. (14th century)
First Mauian Invasion of Oahu. (14th century)
The War of the Oahuan Succession. (15th century)
Second Oahuan Revolution/Battle between Lelepaua and Kapuaikaula. (15th century)
Ambush of Waikiki. (15th century)
Waialua and Koolauloa's wars. (15th century)
Conflicts under Kauai. (17th century)
Battle of Kawaluna. (17th century)
Raid of Hilo. (17th century)
Battle of Moomomi. (17th century)
First Oahuan Invasion of Molokai. (after 1730)
Battle of Kawela. (around 1737)
Second Oahuan Invasion of Molokai. (after 1740)
Alapainui's Invasion of Oahu. (around 1738)
Third Oahuan Revolution. (around 1773)
Conflicts under Kahahana. (18th century)
some battle on the Big Island. (18th century)
Second Mauian Invasion of Oahu. (around late 1782 or early 1783)
Battle of Seven Warriors (around 1782)
Battle of Kaheiki Stream (January 1783)
The Waipi'o-Kimopo (1783/4/5)
Battle of Keawawa (1738)
Battle of Waikapu Commons (1776)
Battle of Moku'ohai (1782)
Olowalu Massacre (1790)
Battle of Kepaniwai (1790)
East Hawaii Battles of 1790 (1790)
Battle of Kawaihae (1791)
Battle of Nu'uanu (1795)

Hungry Ojos
On a serious note, how can a judge put something like this in writing, publish it, and still keep his job? This country is pathetic.
Urban Ag
AG
El Gallo Blanco said:

Wouldn/t Hawaiians still be living half-naked in huts and chasing roosters and hunting boar with spears if it weren't for "haole"? Although, with the current outrageous price of literally everything out there, maybe that would be a preferable existence. There are chickens literally everywhere, it would be hard to go hungry in rural Hawaii if you knew what you were doing.
Pacific Puerto Rico

CREAg87
AG
The judges who wrote be like "MuH sPiRiT oF aLohA"

Keep your rifle by your side
HumpitPuryear
AG
Law of the splintered paddle >>>>> The Constitution of the United States of America

DUH. Come on folks. They got us. 2A is dead in HI
BenFiasco14
AG
We should just give Hawaii to Japan and keep our military bases there. See how these idiot liberals like living in Japanese society.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
ttu_85
TexAgs91 said:

Secolobo said:

This. How the hell is this legal. The challenge to this idiocy should be an easy slam dunk.
texagbeliever
I support their right to not bear arms... as long as we can kick them out of the union and they become the equivalent of puerto rico. There is no reason for them to be a state.
TexAgs91
AG
ttu_85 said:

TexAgs91 said:

Secolobo said:

This. How the hell is this legal. The challenge to this idiocy should be an easy slam dunk.
Of course, I would say the same about the Biden administration*
Im Gipper

I'm Gipper
InfantryAg
AG
Urban Ag said:

Win/win. Who cares?
Only dems, they need those guaranteed senate seats.
Old Sarge
AG
The 2nd Amendment says Haka-Phooey to your "island spirit feelz", Hawaii. Man up and put some American Iron on those hula hips!
"Green" is the new RED.
halfastros81
AG
If it wasn't such a good place for Pacific military bases I'd lean toward let the Chinese have it. It is tho. How long would it take for them to beg the US to take it back? Less than 5 yrs is my guess.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.