Ken Paxton thinks marijuana is harmful

8,388 Views | 101 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Woods Ag
Grapesoda2525
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.marijuanamoment.net/texas-gop-attorney-general-sues-to-overturn-marijuana-decriminalization-anarchy-in-five-cities-despite-local-voter-approval/

Quote:

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton (R) on Wednesday filed lawsuits against the cities of Austin, San Marcos, Killeen, Elgin and Denton over the decriminalization policies that voters passed at the ballot over recent years.

Citing state statute and Constitutional provisions that he argues prevent localities from enacting laws that conflict with statewide policy, Paxton said in a press release on Wednesday that he "will not stand idly by as cities run by pro-crime extremists deliberately violate Texas law and promote the use of illicit drugs that harm our communities."
If folks worked hard to get it on the ballot, people in that city or town voted for it, and it passed. I don't see the problem. Does Texas have no respect for the will of the people? Get rid of this nanny state nonsense from Dan Patrick and Ken Paxton.
ttu_85
Major border issues going on and this guy want to talk about weed, lots of weed.

WGaF!
samurai_science
Some people can handle more than one thing at a time. Its okay, he has staff
Funky Winkerbean
AG
What other laws should cities be allowed to ignore?

I'm pro legalization but this isn't how it's done.
TAMUallen
AG
He probably likes blue laws too because pastor says so
Canyon Lake Agbu94
I would say that the towns and states that I have been to that have decriminalized have turned to crap.

It is harmful, and it's not like you can't just go get some from your neighbor currently.
TAMUallen
AG
Decriminalization of pot is a prime example of correlation vs causation but it's quite entertaining to watch
Ag87H2O
AG
C@LAg
Good Paxton.
CrackerJackAg
AG
Screw smelly pot smokers. I hope you never get what you want.

I want the right to not smell your stinky crap every where I go.

I was ok with it until I went to Oregon post legalization. Everything smells like pot. Rental cars, hotels, pot heads etc…

Vegas was ruined by it.

Do coke like the rest of us and leave everyone else the hell alone.

maverick2076
Grapesoda2525 said:

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/texas-gop-attorney-general-sues-to-overturn-marijuana-decriminalization-anarchy-in-five-cities-despite-local-voter-approval/

Quote:

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton (R) on Wednesday filed lawsuits against the cities of Austin, San Marcos, Killeen, Elgin and Denton over the decriminalization policies that voters passed at the ballot over recent years.

Citing state statute and Constitutional provisions that he argues prevent localities from enacting laws that conflict with statewide policy, Paxton said in a press release on Wednesday that he "will not stand idly by as cities run by pro-crime extremists deliberately violate Texas law and promote the use of illicit drugs that harm our communities."
If folks worked hard to get it on the ballot, people in that city or town voted for it, and it passed. I don't see the problem. Does Texas have no respect for the will of the people? Get rid of this nanny state nonsense from Dan Patrick and Ken Paxton.

Maybe if you didn't smoke so much pot you'd be able to see the problem.
rsf0626
This is the guy people keep electing? Dude is a loser
rsf0626
Grapesoda2525
Funky Winkerbean said:

They try every year at the legislature, but Dan Patrick single handedly chokes it out.

If the legislature won't help them, then I don't see a problem with them finding alternative means.

The polling is clear on this. An overwhelming majority of Americans support legalization. Dan Patrick's views represent probably 25% of the country. Why should his win out?
Love Gun
It's just grass. Nothing more. Why is everyone up in arms? WGAF? Honestly. If I want to grind up some cornstalk from the back field and smoke it, again, WGAF?

Politicians are too spun up on grass because people enjoy it and the government wants a piece of that. The government tells people they can't grow a certain type of plant, in their own home. Even if it serves medicinal purposes. What if people started smoking aloe vera and people enjoyed it. Think about that.

You can't say you're pro freedom and Constitution if you voluntarily submit to the government your right to be in the possession of a plant. You can say the same about mushrooms, but normal people don't eat things that grow out of cow ****

**** Joe Biden
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
Funky Winkerbean said:

Getting a measure on the ballot and letting the voters decide isn't how it's done?

Agree to disagree.
Vince_McMahon
rsf0626 said:

This is the guy people keep electing? Dude is a loser
hes a loser but keeps winning elections weird logic you have there.

Paxton makes you people squeal on here its funny
ShaggySLC
ttu_85 said:

Major border issues going on and this guy want to talk about weed, lots of weed.

WGaF!
No ****, he needs to give up the prohibition.
ShaggySLC
Love Gun said:

It's just grass. Nothing more. Why is everyone up in arms? WGAF? Honestly. If I want to grind up some cornstalk from the back field and smoke it, again, WGAF?

Politicians are too spun up on grass because people enjoy it and the government wants a piece of that. The government tells people they can't grow a certain type of plant, in their own home. Even if it serves medicinal purposes. What if people started smoking aloe vera and people enjoyed it. Think about that.

You can't say you're pro freedom and Constitution if you voluntarily submit to the government your right to be in the possession of a plant. You can say the same about mushrooms, but normal people don't eat things that grow out of cow ****

They have kits now, now need for the cow ***** I remember back in the early 2000s when you could find them in cow ****, the rumor was the government had put stuff in the feed to stop them from growing.
Love Gun
Sh****SLC said:

Love Gun said:

They have kits now, now need for the cow ***** I remember back in the early 2000s when you could find them in cow ****, the rumor was the government had put stuff in the feed to stop them from growing.

I wouldn't know the slightest about mushrooms. I mean, it's like moonshine. Naturally organic, but the government tells you that you can't do what you want to your own body, on your own property.
**** Joe Biden
agsalaska
AG
Hey Paxton,,, Nobody cares about weed!!!!
AgsMyDude
AG
Lol oh no not the devil's lettuce
TexAgs91
AG
Funky Winkerbean said:

Mask and vaccine mandates
mjschiller
AG
I suggest some of you investigate medical studies of long term marijuana effect on the brain.
Marvin J. Schiller
dustin999
AG
While you're at it, do the same for sugar, tobacco, and alcohol.
Burn-It
AG
Decrimilizing pot, . . . Look up Portland, Denver, Seatle & tell me how those experiments are going.
AKA 13-0
oh no
AG

Libertarian brain says let people do whatever they want. If they want to fry their brains and be slow unproductive potheads, so be it. Is pothead brain "harm"? Debatable. But obviously not everyone ends up smoking so much they get that mentally slow permanently. People become alcoholics and alcohol is harmful too…. and surely legalizing pot won't lead to too many more people moving on to fentanyl and trank, or whatever the latest and greatest high is, and won't contribute to the homeless epidemic we have. That was their choice anyway.

…but as someone who has recently been to Boulder, Portland, and Vancouver BC, I'd suggest it's a slippery slope and be careful what you ask for.
Ag_of_08
AG
mjschiller said:

I suggest some of you investigate medical studies of long term marijuana effect on the brain.

You want us to read the ones payed for by the anti-pot lobby or the pro pot lobby?
AggieVictor10
AG
Weed
hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. good times create weak men. and weak men create hard times.

less virtue signaling, more vice signaling.

Birds aren’t real
Lol,lmao
Fjb
InfantryAg
AG
So are sanctuary cities OK?

Cities in Texas derive their power from state law. They can make more restrictive laws, but they can't contradict a state law. Not for pot, not for sanctuary status, not for outlawing gas vehicles etc.

Regardless of how you feel about weed, it is only barely germane to the underlying issue here.
Grapesoda2525
Burn-It said:

Decrimilizing pot, . . . Look up Portland, Denver, Seatle & tell me how those experiments are going.
You guys are smarter than this. You know Portland, Denver, and Seattle are in bad shape because of their extremely far left policies. Not legalization.

Legalization is a bipartisan issue. Look no further than Alaska, Oklahoma, and ohio.

Quit defending lazy out of touch bums like Paxton and Patrick.
InfantryAg
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Burn-It said:

You guys are smarter than this. You know Portland, Denver, and Seattle are in bad shape because of their extremely far left policies. Not legalization.

Legalization is a bipartisan issue. Look no further than Alaska, Oklahoma, and ohio.

you should probably distinguish between support for legalizing it and support for decriminalizing it, instead of adding them together to support your position. They're not the same, and they don't have the same support.

And again, paxton is right on cities not being able to make laws that contradict the state law. Any decriminalization or legalization must be through the state for it to be Constitutional.
91AggieLawyer
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Burn-It said:

The BIGGEST reason they're in bad shape is because of drug abuse and legalization/decriminalization. You can deny it all you want, but it is a fact.

Oklahoma's MEDICAL (using that term loosely) program is not in very good shape:

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/10/30/oklahoma-marijuana-business-bust-00123797

Its a STUPID idea for Texas. Move to those states if you just HAVE to have it.
Old Sarge
AG
The poor guy in California whose date stabbed him 108 times while in the throes of a marijuana induced psychotic episode would probably agree with Paxton, but he's dead. From marijuana..
"Green" is the new RED.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Sooper Jeenyus said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

Getting a measure on the ballot and letting the voters decide isn't how it's done?

Agree to disagree.
To circumvent state law?

Once again, what other laws should they be allowed to circumvent?
Shoefly!
AG
CrackerJackAg said:

Screw smelly pot smokers. I hope you never get what you want.

I want the right to not smell your stinky crap every where I go.

I was ok with it until I went to Oregon post legalization. Everything smells like pot. Rental cars, hotels, pot heads etc…

Vegas was ruined by it.

Do coke like the rest of us and leave everyone else the hell alone.

Like Billy Joe Shaever sings " He just likes the smell of Coke"
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.