NYT: Inside Biden's Anti-Trump Battle Plan (and where Taylor Swift fits in)

4,291 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Stat Monitor Repairman
aezmvp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There are millions of women in America that care more about the future of Taylor Swift's love life than about their retirement, their kids' (if they have any) future environment and are more invested into the fate of her recording catalogue than their own financial well being.

They will ignore her history and anything she does that is nonsensical or clearly detrimental or down right disgusting because of it.

This is called the Kardashian effect. The 19th amendment appears to have been a mistake.
annie88
AG
Quote:

I believe that is totally heart-felt by Taylor.
She's in her mid-30s.

She sounds like a 15-year old here.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
annie88
AG
aezmvp said:

There are millions of women in America that care more about the future of Taylor Swift's love life than about their retirement, their kids' (if they have any) future environment and are more invested into the fate of her recording catalogue than their own financial well being.

They will ignore her history and anything she does that is nonsensical or clearly detrimental or down right disgusting because of it.

This is called the Kardashian effect. The 19th amendment appears to have been a mistake.
Well, they're both billionaires.
Fight Fight Fight.
crowman2010
AG
SA68AG said:

She'd have to be really stupid to attach her brand to the Joe Biden brand.

But celebrities frequently are that stupid living in their isolated bubbles.
She's dating a dude that is the NFL's poke-boy for the jab...
4stringAg
AG
Her fans hang on to her every word and action. My 33 year old niece swoons on social media every time Swift is shown during a Chiefs game. She'd eat **** with a smile if Taylor told her it tasted like chocolate. This is a lady that is otherwise conservative and married to my highly conservative redneck nephew but she'd vote for AOC far left types if Taylor endorsed them.

Biden admin was already sucking up to her for the recent AI deep fakes where I think Corine Jean Pierre made a statement about it during the daily briefing
agracer
AG
annie88 said:

SA68AG said:

Taylor Swift would be wise to stay out of politics.
Too late.

She hates Trump, too, massive Democrat, so this is probably what poopy pants is thinking. Oddly enough she supports his disgusting ass.

Then there's this.

Backing a candidate does not mean voting for one. 90% of her voters are young and won't actually go to the polls and vote.
GenericAggie
AG
agracer said:

annie88 said:

SA68AG said:

Too late.

She hates Trump, too, massive Democrat, so this is probably what poopy pants is thinking. Oddly enough she supports his disgusting ass.

Then there's this.

Backing a candidate does not mean voting for one. 90% of her voters are young and won't actually go to the polls and vote.

This isn't true. Taylor has been around for 13 years. Her sweet spot of fans are 22-30. My 25 year old daughter is a massive fan as are ALL of her friends and their fans.

Think of the biggest pop star ever. That's her. She's bigger than anyone prior and has the broadest reach due to social media.
fixer
SA68AG said:

True … but never underestimate how much the elites enjoy telling you how to think.
Sq 17
CC09LawAg said:

Yes, the simple path for her is not to say "vote for ____" but just "go vote and make a difference!"

The side that the vast majority of her fanhood would pull the lever for is obvious. She doesn't have to tell them HOW to vote, just to do it. That is enough to swing hundreds of thousands, if not millions of votes.

For a negligible amount of money she could post links on her web site to get people registered to vote
aggie93
AG
A few thoughts:

1. It's not if she will endorse Biden it's when and how active she is. She has already shown that's where she stands so worrying about it is pointless.

2. There are definitely women that will vote for who she tells them to. Very few of them don't already vote Dem though. Are there some votes that matter she can turn? I'm sure but back to point 1.

3. Anyone that looks at Swift and sees her as a serious person simply is showing their own lack of intelligence. That doesn't mean you can't like her music or enjoy her concerts or have fun following her. It's not my thing but I get it, she's pretty much the epitome of the life a lot of girls/women like to think they could lead and she connects with them emotionally. Still if you vote based on celebrity endorsements you get what you deserve. My wife LOVES Kenny Chesney and listens to No Shoes Radio all the time and gets teary eyed going to his concerts but if he told her to vote for someone it would be a massive turnoff for her. She's an actual adult though.

4. That said mocking Swift or people that love Swift is counterproductive for some and may wake up some others. There isn't any stopping it though so here we are.

5. I actually know someone that worked for Swift and does work with a LOT of big name celebs. He said by far the 2 most rude, elitist, terrible people he worked with are Taylor Swift and Beyonce. Having some experience with other folks who worked very closely behind the scenes with some of the biggest names in Hollywood and been exposed to it personally I can also say that some of the folks who are portrayed as the most wonderful people are some of the worst. For instance Julia Roberts and Jennifer Anniston are horrible people. They are also very sad and lonely people under the facade. There are some others that are actually nice and pretty down to earth but odds are if they are a really big name especially female celebrity they are very toxic people. It makes sense because they have almost certainly given up any chance of having a normal life with a faithful husband that loves them and kids to raise for celebrity but by the time they realize it it is too late. They are trapped in this world under a microscope.

The real life for most of these folks is much closer to the speech Julia Roberts gives in Notting Hill at the dinner table, only there isn't the happy ending of the movie. They spend their youth trying to become this huge star thinking it will bring them happiness but then they realize later how it doesn't. Only by that time there is no going back. Celebrity is the worst thing to aspire to for most, especially for women. Yet many can't help but be tempted by the fantasy of it.

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
LMCane
SA68AG said:

as I mentioned a few weeks ago-

she HAS ALREADY GOTTEN INVOLVED IN LEFTIST POLITICS

Taylor Swift couldn't sway a Tennessee election. But is she just getting started?
Dave Paulson Adam Tamburin
The Tennessean November 7, 2018

In October, Taylor Swift broke her political silence to voice her support for Phil Bredesen, Tennessee's Democratic candidate for Senate, and denounce his Republican opponent, Marsha Blackburn.
In the 2018 midterms, no single endorsement made bigger waves around the country than the one Phil Bredesen received courtesy of Taylor Swift.

One month ago, the pop star and Nashville resident broke her political silence to voice her support for Bredesen, Tennessee's Democratic candidate for Senate, and denounce his Republican opponent, Marsha Blackburn.

But a stamp of approval from one of the biggest stars in the world didn't prevent Bredesen from being soundly defeated on Tuesday.

Experts who study political endorsements said a pair of Instagram posts from Swift was never going to swing the race from Blackburn to Bredesen. That conclusion is supported by a recent Emerson College poll that found only 11.7 percent of those surveyed said Swift's support made them more likely to vote for Bredesen.

"Celebrities don't really have these huge overall game-changing effects," said David Jackson, a political science professor at Bowling Green State University. "We shouldn't expect them to."

Of course Swift will endorse Biden..
jpb1999
AG
Did she indorse Joe Biden?
annie88
AG

She's in her mid 30s and has been performing since she was in her teens. Many of her fans are voting age. They're not as young as you think.

Look, I'm finding this whole thing rather amusing and I'm posting a few memes that I saw that are funny. Some of you guys are getting a little too serious about this, but given the state of today and the weakness of liberal and easily swayed fangirl/boys minds? I wouldn't put it past many of them.
Fight Fight Fight.
annie88
AG
4stringAg said:

Her fans hang on to her every word and action. My 33 year old niece swoons on social media every time Swift is shown during a Chiefs game. She'd eat **** with a smile if Taylor told her it tasted like chocolate. This is a lady that is otherwise conservative and married to my highly conservative redneck nephew but she'd vote for AOC far left types if Taylor endorsed them.

I have never understood that kind of reaction to a performer. I've gone to many concerts in my life and there's people that I really enjoy listening to and I've had great times at their concerts, but I've never understood the shaking and crying and freaking out aspect of it. Like the Beatles or Michael Jackson in the 80s or Taylor Swift.

They showed the trailer for her concert in the movies for several months last fall and they would do shots of the crowd and these mostly women were just literally flipping out.

I just don't get it.
Fight Fight Fight.
4stringAg
AG
annie88 said:

4stringAg said:

I have never understood that kind of reaction to a performer. I've gone to many concerts in my life and there's people that I really enjoy listening to and I've had great times at their concerts, but I've never understood the shaking and crying and freaking out aspect of it. Like the Beatles or Michael Jackson in the 80s or Taylor Swift.

They showed the trailer for her concert in the movies for several months last fall and they would do shots of the crowd and these mostly women were just literally flipping out.

I just don't get it.
That behavior fits the niece I referred to in my post to a "T". She posts on her social media after a TAylor Swift concerts as if it were life changing and she might never get over it. Ridiculous behavior.
annie88
AG
jpb1999 said:

Did she indorse Joe Biden?

She did.
Fight Fight Fight.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Quote:

4. That said mocking Swift or people that love Swift is counterproductive for some and may wake up some others. There isn't any stopping it though so here we are.
Agreed. At what point does mocking Taylor amount to disinformation?

The memes, the AI, the conspiracy theories, the maga vitriol. It's all becoming too much.

The WH weighed in last week calling for end to this targeting of Taylor Swift.

Some may argue that she's a billionaire and got access to unlimited PR and legal resources, but frankly protecting Taylor from mis-information should fall on the government, the MSM and big-tech. It may well be the case that conspiracy theorists need to be silenced. And that should happen sooner rather than later.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.