NYT: Inside Biden's Anti-Trump Battle Plan (and where Taylor Swift fits in)

4,307 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Stat Monitor Repairman
Fat Black Swan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Could be tough for Trump if they can swing 1.5 points from one endorsement.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/01/29/us/politics/biden-trump-election-taylor-swift.html

Quote:

"As former President Donald Trump speeds toward the Republican nomination, President Biden is moving quickly to pump energy into his re-election bid, kicking off what is likely to be an ugly, dispiriting and historically long slog to November between two unpopular nominees," the New York Times reports.

"After months of languid buildup in which he held only a single public campaign event, Mr. Biden has thrown a series of rallies across battleground states, warning that democracy itself is at stake in 2024."

"He sent two of his most trusted White House operatives to take the helm of his re-election campaign in Wilmington, Del., after Mr. Trump seized control of the Republican primary race more rapidly than Mr. Biden's advisers had initially expected."

"And other Biden aides are drafting wish lists of potential surrogates, including elected officials, social media influencers and the endorsement of their wildest dreams: the global superstar Taylor Swift."
SA68AG
AG
Taylor Swift would be wise to stay out of politics.
DrEvazanPhD
SA68AG said:

With her history of picking men? For sure.
Gigem314
AG
SA68AG said:

Unfortunately since she's gone "pop", I think she's been surrounded by people telling her to do the opposite. She's become a "brand" - and like every other extremely high profile artist, they are surrounded by industry execs and influencers that want them to support certain causes and follow the crowd.

It's no different than Hollywood.
Ag87H2O
AG
After four years of the Biden catastrophy, if Americans are willing to vote for him based on the support of Taylor Swift, this country is lost.

It's sad the extent to which so may citizens have devolved in their ability to analyze and make good decisions. Americans use to be able to think for themselves.
SA68AG
AG
She'd have to be really stupid to attach her brand to the Joe Biden brand.

But celebrities frequently are that stupid living in their isolated bubbles.
ktownag08
AG
Her advisors I assume are smarter than that. There's no upside to endorsing a political candidate at her level of fame.

Unless of course she just personally feels compelled to speak then have at it...
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Ag87H2O said:

After four years of the Biden catastrophy, if Americans are willing to vote for him based on the support of Taylor Swift, this country is lost.

It's sad the extent to which so may citizens have devolved in their ability to analyze and make good decisions. Americans use to be able to think for themselves.
Bet they are working on getting Beef Supreme from Monday Night Rehabilitation to endorse Joe.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
ttu_85
Ag87H2O said:

This !!! Pop culture driving our politics as we head into very difficult times. America has lost its mind and soul.
Old May Banker
AG
Quote:

if Americans are willing to vote for him based on the support of Taylor Swift, this country is lost.

No Spin Ag
SA68AG said:

She'd have to be really stupid to attach her brand to the Joe Biden brand.

But celebrities frequently are that stupid living in their isolated bubbles.

She wouldn't be attaching to Biden so much as she'd be attaching to the youth/woke of the party. It's no different than many musicians for either side giving their opinions on politics, it's just that no one else compares to her reach right now. Now, her followers actually getting out to vote is a whole lot different than them just tweeting and liking that they will.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
Aggies2009
AG
Am I wrong, or didn't Taylor Swift come out as completely liberal years ago? I remember seeing some video where her parents (and maybe publicist) told her to stay out of it and she played the whole, "No! This problem is bigger than me so I need to be a hero and save everyone!" She's also been pretty outspoken about climate change (while not only flying a private jet, but letting her friends use it too).
Tanya 93
Aggies2009 said:

Am I wrong, or didn't Taylor Swift come out as completely liberal years ago? I remember seeing some video where her parents (and maybe publicist) told her to stay out of it and she played the whole, "No! This problem is bigger than me so I need to be a hero and save everyone!" She's also been pretty outspoken about climate change (while not only flying a private jet, but letting her friends use it too).

I keep asking for her quotes on being a climate change person

No one ever posts them.
rgag12
AG
Aggies2009 said:

Yes, in 2018 she came out big against the TN senator Blackburn. Then she came out and endorsed Biden in 2020.

Since 2018 she has been very public about championing libs and their causes.
BadMoonRisin
AG
SA68AG said:

George Soros owns her music. You think that's because he's the world's biggest Swiftie?

She will do as she is told.
agracer
AG
Ag87H2O said:

People aren't voting for Biden.

Just like 2020, they're voting against Trump, or just not voting at all effectively voting for Biden.

I know many folks who said they simply cannot pull the trigger for Trump and will write in someone else or leave the President box blank. Mind you these are in safe Red states. Their story might change if it were somewhere leaning more blue.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
I'm holding out for Greta before I decide.
Tanya 93
BadMoonRisin said:

SA68AG said:

George Soros owns her music. You think that's because he's the world's biggest Swiftie?

She was pissed about him buying it

Hence the remaking of the albums
rocky the dog
AG
Quote:

Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
BCSWguru
Commies gonna commie
AggieUSMC
AG
Quote:

"... (and where Taylor Swift fits in)"
She doesn't. Anyone who thinks she's going to have any meaningful impact on the election is deluding themselves.
Agristotle
AG
i actually could see her boosting turnout quite a bit, which could be key in swing states. Thousands (millions?) of her acolytes are the types that never vote but would do so she told them to.
CC09LawAg
Yes, the simple path for her is not to say "vote for ____" but just "go vote and make a difference!"

The side that the vast majority of her fanhood would pull the lever for is obvious. She doesn't have to tell them HOW to vote, just to do it. That is enough to swing hundreds of thousands, if not millions of votes.
agracer
AG
CC09LawAg said:

Yes, the simple path for her is not to say "vote for ____" but just "go vote and make a difference!"

The side that the vast majority of her fanhood would pull the lever for is obvious. She doesn't have to tell them HOW to vote, just to do it. That is enough to swing hundreds of thousands, if not millions of votes.
you only need about 100,000 a few swing states, total, to make a difference.

Hillary lost in 2016 b/c about 80,000 voters in MI, WI and Penn voted straight ticket DEM but left the president box blank.

BIden won AZ, GA and WI by less than 45,000 votes in 2020. His 7,000,000 vote total difference was all in CA.
Loren Visser
She's not there to support Biden. She's there to support whomever they get to replace Biden.
lb3
AG
ktownag08 said:

Her advisors I assume are smarter than that. There's no upside to endorsing a political candidate at her level of fame.

Unless of course she just personally feels compelled to speak then have at it...
As a billionaire, with a huge liberal following, there are basically no downsides to Dixie Chicking herself.
MooreTrucker
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

SA68AG said:

Where did you see this? Serious question.
annie88
AG
SA68AG said:

Too late.

She hates Trump, too, massive Democrat, so this is probably what poopy pants is thinking. Oddly enough she supports his disgusting ass.

Then there's this.

Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
annie88
AG
SA68AG said:

This is the mentality she has.

Fight Fight Fight.
e=mc2
AG
Biden did lose Cardi B's WAP.
jrdaustin
AG
My 23 year old daughter is staying with us while she studies for the MCAT. She got up this morning, asked who won the Chiefs/Ravens game, and when I told her the Chiefs, she said "I knew I should have bet the farm on KC. There's no way the NFL won't have Taylor at the SuperBowl."

My daughter is very astute for her young age.
Tanya 93
This is the halftime America needs

WEIRD AL!!!!!!!!!!!
jrdaustin
AG
annie88 said:

SA68AG said:

This is the mentality she has.

I believe that is totally heart-felt by Taylor.

And there's the rub. It's all emotion. And emotion overrides any rational thinking about things that will affect all of us - foreign policy, war on O&G, war on ICE (both ones), the overall economy etc.
annie88
AG
jrdaustin said:

My 23 year old daughter is staying with us while she studies for the MCAT. She got up this morning, asked who won the Chiefs/Ravens game, and when I told her the Chiefs, she said "I knew I should have bet the farm on KC. There's no way the NFL won't have Taylor at the SuperBowl."

My daughter is very astute for her young age.
True, but the missed FG to tie last week from Buffalo had some to do with it.
Fight Fight Fight.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.