Rep. Bowman: US can pay $14T in reparations without raising taxes

4,677 Views | 68 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by BigRobSA
96AgGrad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If he can find someone alive that was once a slave, I'm good with reparations. If not, he can GFH.
Canyon Lake Agbu94
So does this mean that I can now go to the local Quick Trip and try to hustle all of the blacks out of gas money to get to Houston to see my grandma in the hospital?
Ellis Wyatt
Trillion? What a lowballer.

Let's go for $500tyelevenquintrillion. That's a good starting point. Or is that not enough?
elfurioso92
AG
Gigem_94 said:

My wife keeps trying that "we spent it into existence" strategy but it isn't working for us. What are we doing wrong?
You need to be spending other peoples money, like the government.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Im not really sure you could pull off the Devante Harris look.
AtticusMatlock
What these idiots don't seem to understand is that inflation is a tax and it is the most regressive tax known to mankind.
Ellis Wyatt
AtticusMatlock said:

What these idiots don't seem to understand is that inflation is a tax and it is the most regressive tax known to mankind.
Inflation is theft from savers. They absolutely don't care.
TexasAggiesWin
S
Ellis Wyatt said:

Trillion? What a lowballer.

Let's go for $500tyelevenquintrillion. That's a good starting point. Or is that not enough?
doubledog
Let's just call all of the welfare payments made since 1935 to Black people "Reparations" and then call it even.
Science Denier
AG
Dan Scott said:

We increased the national debt by the same amount he's asking without raising taxes the last 7 years. What we spent it on I have no effing clue.
Whatever it was, Biden got 10% of it.
bobbranco
AG
doubledog said:

Let's just call all of the welfare payments made since 1935 to Black people "Reparations" and then call it even.
How do you clawback the welfare paid to the hillbillies and Mormons?
2023NCAggies
If this ever happened. Buy stocks

Nike
Walmart
Best Buy
Tesla
Cadillac (GM)
Apple

TexasRebel
AG
What if half your ancestors didn't get here until the 1900's and the other half were Irish and not quite lucky enough to be slaves?
CDUB98
AG
TexasRebel said:

What if half your ancestors didn't get here until the 1900's and the other half were Irish and not quite lucky enough to be slaves?
one safe place
Do the right thing? He must mean have the black father remain in the home of the children he helped create, stop committing a disproportionate amount of crime, get off public assistance and get your ass to work, learn to speak and write properly, and place a lot of emphasis on education. Change culture, as best you can.

Handouts, something for nothing, something you don't deserve are not solutions to any problem, real or perceived.
one safe place
bobbranco said:

doubledog said:

How do you clawback the welfare paid to the hillbillies and Mormons?
Wait for them to demand reparations and treat them the same way.
torrid
AG
TexasRebel said:

Still sounds like a victim to me. Full share reparations approved.
Hungry Ojos
one safe place said:

Do the right thing? He must mean have the black father remain in the home of the children he helped create, stop committing a disproportionate amount of crime, get off public assistance and get your ass to work, learn to speak and write properly, and place a lot of emphasis on education. Change culture, as best you can.

Handouts, something for nothing, something you don't deserve are not solutions to any problem, real or perceived.

This is not at all what they want. They don't want to have to work for it, or put in any effort, they just want it handed to them. And then, when we do, and they recklessly spend it all, they will be back for more.

It's amazing to me how more and more blacks are not even trying to hide the fact that they feel they shouldn't be held personally accountable or responsible for their decisions, like literally EVERY other race does.

I glanced at an article on ESPN the other day that stated "black expression shouldn't be penalized". Arguing, of course, that while other ethnicities should rightfully be flagged for excessive celebrations in the NFL, blacks on the other hand, should not because we're denying them their right to "express" or something ridiculous like that. And of course, the fact that we do so is….racist.
Rongagin71
AG
I remember when "The Great Society" was going to solve all this.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
TexasRebel said:

Yeah, I don't want any portion of this. Mom's side were Iowa farmers and Dad's side was from central Indiana. Bowman can go ahead and take me off any contribution list.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
File5
AG
No hay plata
deddog
AG
TexAgs91 said:

Ironically, this loon would say Yes to reparations.
TexasAggiesWin
S
Would a person who immigrated from Kenya 2 years ago get this payout under this idiotic proposal? What about someone who immigrated from South Africa 2 years ago?
Stinky T
AG
So $333,000 is going to do it? Unless there is inflation, then they are going to need more of a completely random amount.

Where do they dig these morons up?
Gigem314
AG
Muktheduck said:

Ironically, the only way to generate trillions without raising taxes would be to conquer and enslave an entire nation of people
Canyon99
AG
Accept reparations and you are required to leave the US forever.

Deal?
Rongagin71
AG
Canyon99 said:

Accept reparations and you are required to leave the US forever.

Deal?
No deal.
This is already likely to generate fake claims from all over the world = like the Covid payouts did.
Sea Speed
AG

This dudes head looks like that creepy ole sarge human mascot mask.
Claverack
Do these descendants of slave owners have to pay up as well?

Or is this only restricted to those of more limited pigmentation?

Ag with kids
AG
C@LAg said:

is this the same idiot that thought Guam would tip over?
No...

He's just pulling a fire alarm over this issue...
TequilaMockingbird
C@LAg said:

is this the same idiot that thought Guam would tip over?
Bowman makes that guy look like a genius.
BigRobSA
What "irreparable harm" ?

If you were born in America, you hit the life lottery. Quit being a lazy, whiny *****, and get to grinding. Pansy.
Ag with kids
AG
BigRobSA said:

If you were born in America, you hit the life lottery. Quit being a lazy, whiny *****, and get to grinding. Pansy.
DAMMIT! I wasn't born in America.

But I'm WT. Can I have some lottery goodies?
BigRobSA
Ag with kids said:

BigRobSA said:

DAMMIT! I wasn't born in America.

But I'm WT. Can I have some lottery goodies?

You know what I meant, Your Honkiness!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.