Trump is now pro-FBI and wants them to get a "new and spectacular building" in DC?

5,825 Views | 126 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by LMCane
Ag with kids
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Barnyard96 said:

Might not have a country…omg, desperate much?

You goaltend for stupidity.

"Vote for Ron, because otherwise we are doomed"

Classic.
So, if Trump is the nominee, it's fine to not vote for Trump, right.

Not voting for POTUS or voting 3rd party is ok?
Dan Scott
AG
aggie93 said:

The posts around this are just too much fun on X. You have Trump folks that are "This was the plan all along", others that are "What he REALLY meant was...." (seems to be the Texags response), and then of course those attacking. When Trump posts his random stuff like this and his supporters haven't gotten their talking points down about how brilliant it is makes for true entertainment. When you can't just say "This was a mistake by Trump and I disagree with him" the twisting and turning is so much fun.

One of the best things about being a DeSantis supporter is not having to do this nonsense. He may win or lose but at least I won't have to look back later and know I goaltended for this. I'll vote R no matter what but damn what an idiot. BTW, as a sidenote I don't think Trump has ever said he will remove Wray and he was complementing him about a year ago so when he doesn't do anything to the FBI but give them more money and resources. Somehow he thinks THIS TIME they will work for him and do his bidding! Just know you were warned.

With Trump you never know what is figurative in his speech or should be taken literally.
annie88
AG
BigRobSA said:

Dementia causes people to say stupid ****, example eleventy-threeve.
Now you're pushing that Trump has dementia? Really?

FFS
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
Barnyard96
AG
How did that bolded comment lead you to that response?

Ag with kids
AG
Barnyard96 said:

How do you think he should do it?
How he SHOULD?

Or how he WILL?

Or if HE can?

Those are all totally different things. Are you just looking for my opinion of what needs to be done or are you looking at what I think Trump's opinion is?

Since he's the one running on revenge and draining the swamp, it might be a good idea if he told us how he'll do it, rather than just tweeting platitudes about it, though.

annie88
AG
Ag with kids said:

annie88 said:

Pretty sure he means with new leadership,
Why didn't he think of that before?

What a novel idea!
Considering they've gotten 100% worse the last three years he would've had to been in the White House. But since the election was stolen not much he could do. That's like saying why didn't Ron DeSantis fix it the last three years, oh wait, he was governor of Florida. Neither one of them can do anything unless they win the next election, which, unless Hell freezes over, DeSantis won't do.

And as for the time he was there, they changed significantly in his four years definitely weapon against him.

I'm sure if he could do it over he would change. A lot of things hindsight is truly 20/20
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
Ag with kids
AG
Barnyard96 said:

How did that bolded comment lead you to that response?
"Vote for Trump, because otherwise we are doomed" <- yes I changed that for this example

That's the argument for non-Trump supporter for Trump if he's the nominee - that we're doomed if we don't vote for him no matter how much we dislike him.

Since you disagreed with that comment for DeSantis, I assume you also disagree with it for Trump.
Barnyard96
AG
Maybe not make so many assumptions.

Let me help you. I wanted Ron DeSantis to be the next president. that said I don't want Biden to get another four years and thus I will support Trump. I feel that if you're a conservative and you vote for a third-party you're giving your vote to Biden, yes people will argue against me on that but that's how I feel.

I don't get to make policies I don't get to decide where the FBI building is I don't get to decide any of that. I get one vote and one vote only.
Ag with kids
AG
annie88 said:

Ag with kids said:

annie88 said:

What a novel idea!
Considering they've gotten 100% worse the last three years he would've had to been in the White House. But since the election was stolen not much he could do. That's like saying why didn't Ron DeSantis fix it the last three years, oh wait, he was governor of Florida. Neither one of them can do anything unless they win the next election, which, unless Hell freezes over, DeSantis won't do.

And as for the time he was there, they changed significantly in his four years definitely weapon against him.

I'm sure if he could do it over he would change. A lot of things hindsight is truly 20/20
The FBI was attacking him BEFORE he got in office and in FOUR years he did...nothing...to stop it. WHILE he was in office.

I'm not talking about the last 3 years. I'm talking about WHEN he was THEIR BOSS he did NOTHING.

But, NOW you tell me, THIS TIME he MEANS it!!!!!

Pull the other one...(extra credit for which movie that came from)
Ag with kids
AG
Barnyard96 said:

Maybe not make so many assumptions.

Let me help you. I wanted Ron DeSantis to be the next president. that said I don't want Biden to get another four years and thus I will support Trump. I feel that if you're a conservative and you vote for a third-party you're giving your vote to Biden, yes people will argue against me on that but that's how I feel.

I don't get to make policies I don't get to decide where the FBI building is I don't get to decide any of that. I get one vote and one vote only.
Why would that matter? We're not doomed if we do that.

HINT: Saying "if you're a conservative and you vote for a third-party you're giving your vote to Biden" is a toned down way of saying "we're doomed"
aggie93
AG
annie88 said:

Ag with kids said:

annie88 said:

What a novel idea!

As I posted in this thread, Trump still hasn't said he will replace Wray as of earlier this year. It's staggering but he still can't admit what a huge mistake that was. You would think after his house was raided he would catch a clue.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
Barnyard96
AG
Now you're just being obtuse. My comment to Rob was based on many exchanges between him and I.

Go away troll
Ag with kids
AG
Barnyard96 said:

Now you're just being obtuse. My comment to Rob was based on many exchanges between him and I.

Go away troll
Saying "if you're a conservative and you vote for a third-party you're giving your vote to Biden" is a toned down way of saying "we're doomed"

hth

Oh...and sorry. Didn't realize this was your private thread between you and Rob. My bad.
Ag with kids
AG
aggie93 said:

annie88 said:

Ag with kids said:

annie88 said:

What a novel idea!

As I posted in this thread, Trump still hasn't said he will replace Wray as of earlier this year. It's staggering but he still can't admit what a huge mistake that was. You would think after his house was raided he would catch a clue.
Hint: He hasn't figured out who he can blame that mistake on yet. Give him time, he's working on it. When he figures it out, he'll post it on TS and then his supporters will know how to tell us.
Barnyard96
AG
Are you in middle school?
Old May Banker
AG
Dan Scott said:

I wonder why Trump posted this. It feels so random.

Because he wants to highlight this difference... and per usual, he does so from the left.

https://www.newsnationnow.com/politics/ron-desantis-overhaul-doj-fbi-elected-plans/
Ag with kids
AG
Barnyard96 said:

Are you in middle school?
The irony in that retort is palpable...
doubledog
Ag with kids said:

doubledog said:

Just stop using the FBI as the enforcement wing of the Democratic party. That is all we ask.
And Trump will do that how?
No that is what we want.
Ag with kids
AG
doubledog said:

Ag with kids said:

doubledog said:

Just stop using the FBI as the enforcement wing of the Democratic party. That is all we ask.
And Trump will do that how?
No that is what we want.
I know it's what we want.

I'm asking HOW TRUMP will accomplish that goal.

He's already wishy washy on getting rid of Wray.
Barnyard96
AG
Dude, you have doubled and triple down on a comment. I made to Rob where he was saying we wouldn't have no country if Biden or Trump gets elected. Try and keep up.
Ag with kids
AG
Barnyard96 said:

Dude, you have doubled and triple down on a comment. I made to Rob where he was saying we wouldn't have no country if Biden or Trump gets elected. Try and keep up.
I know what y'all said.

I made a comment on what you wrote - about voting or we're doomed.

So, just to clarify your stance, a non-vote for Trump == a vote for Biden; a vote for Biden != we're doomed
Barnyard96
AG
Except I'm not the one that said we wouldn't have a country left. Try and keep up.

You are trying to paint me into the extreme when I was the one trying to call out the extreme. Now go get dinner ready for your kids.
Ag with kids
AG
Barnyard96 said:

Except I'm not the one that said we wouldn't have a country left. Try and keep up.

You are trying to paint me into the extreme when I was the one trying to call out the extreme. Now go get dinner ready for your kids.
I knew that. Just clarifying your position though after your response to Rob.

Quote:

"Vote for Ron, because otherwise we are doomed"
You appeared to denigrate taking this position. I'm just curious if that also applies to Trump for you.

Am I correct in your stance then? We're not doomed if we don't vote for Trump?

And...the kids are all grown up now.

Only 2 left under 30. Going to do a beach bonfire with my oldest boy though tonight, so I have that going for me.
Barnyard96
AG
No, I am not a doomsdayer. Never have been.

Stating a vote for 3rd party is a vote for Biden is not a doomsday position. Its simply math.

A republican president next term can set up the Supreme Court for next 20 years.
FCBlitz
Waffledynamics said:

After all they've done to him and the right wing in general, he wants to reward them with a new building and empower them more?

Are these Trump's new best friends?

How do you know when a non-Trump supporter tries to relevant? When they try to make a point using material that is out dated. Trump has long said….FBI needs to stay in DC while many other government agencies need to be move to other states to get them out of DC.

FBI is one agency he advocates to stay in DC.
chlavinka
AG
Dude is all over the board
aggiehawg
AG
FCBlitz said:

Waffledynamics said:

After all they've done to him and the right wing in general, he wants to reward them with a new building and empower them more?

Are these Trump's new best friends?

How do you know when a non-Trump supporter tries to relevant? When they try to make a point using material that is out dated. Trump has long said….FBI needs to stay in DC while many other government agencies need to be move to other states to get them out of DC.

FBI is one agency he advocates to stay in DC.
I have refrained from entering into the fray here but there is one point that needs to be addressed, in my view.

FBI in DC is not as much of an issue as the FBI policy that everything has to go through the Seventh Floor of the Hoover Building.

Same with Main Justice a/k/a DOJ in DC.

Both the FBI and DOJ have Field Offices and US Attorneys for over 90 jurisdictions yet they are restrained by the DC offices. Change that and let them operate as intended, without complete DC control.
Old May Banker
AG
Quote:

When they try to make a point using material that is out dated.

Trump posted that yesterday... and since he won't debate his ideas / positions, people are left with what he says on social media, when he says it....

Regardless, this proposed expansion of what Trump formerly referred to as the "deep state" is not a good idea.
aggie93
AG
Wonder if Gaetz will change his mind?

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
aggie93
AG
Or Kirk:

Ronald Reagan
eric76
AG
Barnyard96 said:

No, I am not a doomsdayer. Never have been.

Stating a vote for 3rd party is a vote for Biden is not a doomsday position. Its simply math.

A republican president next term can set up the Supreme Court for next 20 years.
It doesn't appear that you know anything about math.

If you want to prove differently, then have a try at this:

If x, y, and z are real numbers greater than 1, prove that x^y=y^z=z^x if and only if x=y=z.

Enjoy.
Barnyard96
AG
I don't remember posting any formulas. But vote tallies are a form of math.

Lets say there are 100,000 voters I am addressing. 47% were Biden, 45% Trump, 5% 3rd party, and 3% undecided.

Could I use math to determine how many 3rd party voters I would need to convince to vote Trump in order to defeat Biden?

Ok wait, does your formula prove that votes casted for a 3rd party cannot be used by Trump to defeat Biden?
eric76
AG
Barnyard96 said:

I don't remember posting any formulas. But vote tallies are a form of math.

Lets say there are 100,000 voters I am addressing. 47% were Biden, 45% Trump, 5% 3rd party, and 3% undecided.

Could I use math to determine how many 3rd party voters I would need to convince to vote Trump in order to defeat Biden?

Ok wait, does your formula prove that votes casted for a 3rd party cannot be used by Trump to defeat Biden?
Are you really trying to get us to believe that Trump is somehow entitled to those votes?

Hint: he is not entitled to those votes at all.
Barnyard96
AG
Did I say entitled?

Hint its not a vote for Trump, its a vote against biden.
TRM
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.