ibm pulling all ads off x because libs cry nazi

6,138 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by Faustus
doubledog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
As long as the anti-Semite Rep. Ilhan Omar is still in congress, the left and the democrats are just blowing wind.
YouBet
AG
oh no said:

This. Cook gave Xi a standing ovation literally like 3 days ago but can't associate with Musk because of a comment on X.

The double standards by the left are boundless.
halfastros81
AG
Well, X gave them the excuse they were looking for then. I just can't figure leftists out tho, they are antisemitic and antinazi simultaneously . I guess I am making the mistake of painting them all with the same broad brush . It's pretty much impossible to get a bead on what they want except for they all seem antiAmerican constitution. That seems like the one common denominator .
hph6203
AG
They must be some self hating Jews over there at the bee.

CSTXAg92
AG
flakrat said:

10thYrSr said:

. . . said:

Oh no! What platform are they moving to? Nothing? Ok.

This is the exact reason Elon bought Twitter. There is NO other platform that compares to X. They can bloviate all they want, but X is supreme.

They are doubling down on Tick Tock,

Ironic since TikTok is literally spyware from China.
91AggieLawyer
AG
Is this what the mess is all about?

Ag with kids
AG
flakrat said:

10thYrSr said:

. . . said:

Oh no! What platform are they moving to? Nothing? Ok.

This is the exact reason Elon bought Twitter. There is NO other platform that compares to X. They can bloviate all they want, but X is supreme.

They are doubling down on Tick Tock,
Perhaps that was what was discussed at the meeting between Xi and the CEOs...
oh no
AG

NEW: An X executive discloses that the content highlighted in Media Matters' article constituted a mere 50 out of 5,500,000,000 ad impressions served throughout the entire day.

In reality, virtually no authentic users encountered these ads juxtaposed with the mentioned contentexcept for Media Matters' employees, who intentionally exploited the system to locate such material.

How did Media Matters achieve this?

They created three new accounts, each following only a small number of accounts posting objectionable material.

By relentlessly refreshing their timeline13 times more frequently than an average userthey were able to capture screenshots of major corporate advertisements alongside the targeted content.

This revelation exposes Media Matters' calculated strategy: generating these screenshots as leverage to compel major advertisers to withdraw their ads from X.

Deceptive, manipulative, and evil?
doubledog
oh no said:

NEW: An X executive discloses that the content highlighted in Media Matters' article constituted a mere 50 out of 5,500,000,000 ad impressions served throughout the entire day.

In reality, virtually no authentic users encountered these ads juxtaposed with the mentioned contentexcept for Media Matters' employees, who intentionally exploited the system to locate such material.

How did Media Matters achieve this?

They created three new accounts, each following only a small number of accounts posting objectionable material.

By relentlessly refreshing their timeline13 times more frequently than an average userthey were able to capture screenshots of major corporate advertisements alongside the targeted content.

This revelation exposes Media Matters' calculated strategy: generating these screenshots as leverage to compel major advertisers to withdraw their ads from X.

Deceptive, manipulative, and evil?
Is the word "entrapment" appropriate for this case?
Old McDonald
musk threatened to sue the ADL in september (hasn't done it yet), and filed one against the the ccdh in august (hasn't gone anywhere) for the same reasons
IslanderAg04
To all that think IBM is dead, aren't involved in IT. Mainframe, AS400, and AIX, literally run the vast majority of financial institutions in the world. They are still a heavy player in the datacenter market.
hph6203
AG
Top G reporting for duty.

halfastros81
AG
So this was all essentially manufactured? Jessie Smallet like.

halfastros81
AG
About that ibm stock, +38% over past 12 mos + a 4% plus dividend
Stat Monitor Repairman
IBM is overly sensitive about this because it's alleged their punch card technology was used by the Germans to effect the 1933 census of Jews and Romani people. IBM's second biggest customer leading up to the war was Germany.

Cancelling advertising is their way of painting END RACISM in the end-zone, but now they got to spend money on a legal fight with the richest man in the world.
Faustus
halfastros81 said:

About that ibm stock, +38% over past 12 mos + a 4% plus dividend
The salient point of the thread to be sure.
halfastros81
AG
I know but there were some on the thread that were making fun of ibm as a business and suggesting that they were an outdated dinosaur and were not equal to the SPX as an investment which has been shown to be incorrect. At least for the recent past. This was for those people.

Yesterday's 9% jump was what made me think about it and post something at this juncture fyi.

Having said that, yes I sometimes get distracted by tangentials.
Faustus
It's all good. I read the whole thread when you bumped it, so I knew where you were coming from.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.