ibm pulling all ads off x because libs cry nazi

6,129 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by Faustus
damiond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.reuters.com/technology/ibm-suspends-ads-x-after-corporate-ads-appeared-next-pro-nazi-content-2023-11-16/
the left hates musk
VitruvianAg
AG
Musk is curb stomping them on the AI front...
flakrat
AG
Honestly, I'm not sure how the X advertising algorithm works. I always get weird ads for things I'd never be interested in.
Eso si, Que es
flakrat said:

Honestly, I'm not sure how the X advertising algorithm works. I always get weird ads for things I'd never be interested in.
Things you would never be interested in yet

annie88
AG
IBM?

is it 1966 again?
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
45-70Ag
AG
Will this finally be the year they drop their sponsorship of the masters tournament
FJB
AG
Pretty ironic
10thYrSr
flakrat said:

Elon is going away from advertising revenue and making it post based revenue.
waitwhat?
flakrat said:

Sure you aren't interested in them… that's what everyone that gets "weird" ads say.
" 'People that read with pictures think that it's simply about a mask' - Dana Loesch" - Ban Cow Gas

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Dr. Ron Paul

Big Tech IS the empire of lies

TEXIT
flakrat
AG
waitwhat? said:

flakrat said:

Sure you aren't interested in them… that's what everyone that gets "weird" ads say.

That's not my bag, baby!
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
i thought IBM went the way of the dodo bird or kodak who knew they were still around.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
Old IBM has gone to hell.
No Spin Ag
And today I found out IBM still exists.

The more you know.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
MouthBQ98
AG
They're there in the background making and operating equipment still.

Shocking that progressive lefties in an advertising department would be influenced by progressive lefty activists who always claim to represent a lot more people than they do, giving the advertisers an excuse to engage in a little internal praxis at their employer's expense.
halfastros81
AG
IBM's stock seems to be doing just fine. 5% + or - dividend .

I understand they are a leader in AI and blockchain technology. Is that disputed ?
No Spin Ag
halfastros81 said:

I understand they are a leader in AI and blockchain technology. Is that disputed ?

I don't know anything about blockchain (eff, I'm old), but I do blockchain is a big deal. Could that, along with AI, be why they're doing fine?
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
hph6203
AG
halfastros81 said:

They're significantly behind just investing in SPY. Not sure there's an entry point in the last decade where you would have been better off investing in IBM.
halfastros81
AG
25 % return since early May excluding dividends seems pretty good. I know that's cherry picking but the point remains.

That's 15%ish better than SPY over same time frame

Another observation, , it goes down right after the dividend payment and then regularly recovers within a month or so which indicates to me investors expect fairly predictable and steady financials
Robert L. Peters
This Israeli Palestinian thing has been a world disrupter for 60 years. It's insane how much people care about this.
What you say, Paper Champion? I'm gonna beat you like a dog, a dog, you hear me!
No Spin Ag
Robert L. Peters said:

This Israeli Palestinian thing has been a world disrupter for 60 years. It's insane how much people care about this.

If we didn't support Israel to the level that we do, for a plethora of reasons, and if they weren't in the ME, there would be much less who would even know what happens in the country, much less care.
. . .

damiond
leftist shills uniting
CyclingAg82
AG
damiond said:

leftist shills uniting
They are lemmings.....and about as thoughtful.
halfastros81
AG
I wouldn't want my ads showing up with Pro-Nazi ads either if that's what it really was . Seems like they could have just asked for that not to happen

As far as being leftist shills tho, the leftists are the antisemites it seems to me. This move is to make sure they aren't associated with antisemites . This incident appears to be the result of a mistake made by X imo.
oh no
AG
Left has become totally unhinged

hph6203
AG
Olbermann has been a total authoritarian piece of **** since he took his first birth canal scented breath.
Dan Scott
AG
Why do they boycott X but not Tesla.
oh no
AG
It's amazing how once the company got bought and conservatives aren't banned and censored anymore they've gone ape sheieet
hph6203
AG
halfastros81 said:

I wouldn't want my ads showing up with Pro-Nazi ads either if that's what it really was . Seems like they could have just asked for that not to happen

As far as being leftist shills tho, the leftists are the antisemites it seems to me. This move is to make sure they aren't associated with antisemites . This incident appears to be the result of a mistake made by X imo.
Nazis buy smartphones too.
ttu_85
oh no said:

Yikes !! scary, those are crazy eyes.
oh no
AG
hph6203
AG
Can't advertise on X because there's a small chance it gets put next to an antisemitic statement, but we can advertise on TikTok because there's a small chance it could be put next to a person empathizing with Osama bin Laden. Fingers crossed, because those people are showing empathy and empathy is always good.
10thYrSr
. . . said:

Oh no! What platform are they moving to? Nothing? Ok.

This is the exact reason Elon bought Twitter. There is NO other platform that compares to X. They can bloviate all they want, but X is supreme.
flakrat
AG
10thYrSr said:

. . . said:

Oh no! What platform are they moving to? Nothing? Ok.

This is the exact reason Elon bought Twitter. There is NO other platform that compares to X. They can bloviate all they want, but X is supreme.

They are doubling down on Tick Tock,
samurai_science
halfastros81 said:

They have been looking for an excuse for awhile.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.