Jim Jordan is out. Who's next?

7,151 Views | 87 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by Watermelon Man
UAS Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TexAgs91 said:

UAS Ag said:

TexAgs91 said:

UAS Ag said:

TexAgs91 said:

UAS Ag said:

GeorgiAg said:

When Christie gets to drop you from the top rope, it's a bad day...

Do you think it's a good thing or a bad thing that there are so many establishment Republicans in office that our party is non functional?

As opposed to them not being in the party and the GOP being a very small, immaterial party?

I think it's a good thing since it makes the GOP the majority party as opposed to the minority party when the Dems control the Senate and POTUS.

The GOP is never going to be 100% homogenous far right. And if it does get like that it will become irrelevant...

BTW, it's not those "establishment Republicans" that are making the party non functional right now.
What "far right" policies does Jim Jordan favor that you think GOPe has a problem with?
I think it's more the TACTICS than many of his policy views.

And the continued focus on 2020 doesn't help the GOP much with anyone but the hardcore base, so his views there may make the "GOPe" hesitant to put him up as the face of the ENTIRE GOP.

But, I love how if you're not MAGA then you're GOPe/RINO/CM...

Glad you enjoyed that.

We aren't able to push any policies right now and are only hurting the party.

I haven't heard Jordan talk a lot about the 2020 election. The focus right now is on getting a sensible budget and impeaching Biden, as it should be.
What will this get the GOP?

Even after an impeachment, it WILL die in the Senate. Then what?

What ACTUALLY has been accomplished?

I agree that Biden probably could use a good impeaching, but in terms of getting something MEANINGFUL done, it does nothing.

Getting a sensible budget passed is good too. But, it'll have to be VERY narrow since the GOP has such a small majority.

That doesn't even get into AFTER it leaves the House.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Tilting at windmills? Pyrrhic victories? Or something...ANYTHING that could possibly get passed that could be helpful for the GOP cause?
Sumlins Pool Guy
Jordan never had a shot. The freedom caucus has no ability or mandate to govern. All they do is scream and vote no.
UAS Ag
Sumlins Pool Guy said:

Jordan never had a shot. The freedom caucus has no ability or mandate to govern. All they do is scream and vote no.
They COULD have a profound ability to affect legislation if they did it right. But, I agree that screaming and voting no accomplishes nothing for them OR to advance their cause.
TexAgs91
AG
UAS Ag said:

TexAgs91 said:

UAS Ag said:

TexAgs91 said:

UAS Ag said:

TexAgs91 said:

UAS Ag said:

GeorgiAg said:

Do you think it's a good thing or a bad thing that there are so many establishment Republicans in office that our party is non functional?

As opposed to them not being in the party and the GOP being a very small, immaterial party?

I think it's a good thing since it makes the GOP the majority party as opposed to the minority party when the Dems control the Senate and POTUS.

The GOP is never going to be 100% homogenous far right. And if it does get like that it will become irrelevant...

BTW, it's not those "establishment Republicans" that are making the party non functional right now.
What "far right" policies does Jim Jordan favor that you think GOPe has a problem with?

And the continued focus on 2020 doesn't help the GOP much with anyone but the hardcore base, so his views there may make the "GOPe" hesitant to put him up as the face of the ENTIRE GOP.

Glad you enjoyed that.

I haven't heard Jordan talk a lot about the 2020 election. The focus right now is on getting a sensible budget and impeaching Biden, as it should be.

I agree that Biden probably could use a good impeaching, but in terms of getting something MEANINGFUL done, it does nothing.

Getting a sensible budget passed is good too. But, it'll have to be VERY narrow since the GOP has such a small majority.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Tilting at windmills? Pyrrhic victories? Or something...ANYTHING that could possibly get passed that could be helpful for the GOP cause?

There's a large portion of the population that will never hear about Biden's crimes. Impeachment will hit their radar. Some may actually look into it.
aggiehawg
AG
Rapier108 said:

dvldog said:

dmart90 said:

https://www.wsj.com/video/rep-jim-jordan-loses-third-vote-for-house-speaker/80B06B8C-3E6F-4881-A84E-EFF116ADD8E6.html

Quote:

Rep. Jim Jordan of Ohio lost his third bid to become speaker of the House on Friday. Rep. Kevin McCarthy, the previous speaker, was ousted more than two weeks ago.
OK - who's next?
Here is who has announced that they're either running or thinking about running so far:

• Jodey Arrington, R-Texas (considering)
  • Jack Bergman, R-Mich. (in)
  • Byron Donalds, R-Fla. (in)
  • Tom Emmer, R-Minn. (in)
  • Kevin Hern, R-Okla. (in)
  • Mike Johnson, R-La. (considering)
  • Austin Scott, R-Ga. (in)

There's no way this gets decided on Monday/Tuesday.
Congressman Pete Sessions announces plan to run for Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives (kbtx.com)
Good grief! WTH are they doing during conference meetings behind closed doors? Playing musical chairs and the last 9 standing can run? Herding cats?

Pretty clear McCarthy was a figurehead and little to no influence over the caucus, not even his supporters.

What a cluster!
RGLAG85
AG
Shagga said:

txaggieacct85 said:

somone please explain this to me. How did he get voted off the island?

I assume only certain GOP members were able to vote?
If you are referring to Jordan, it's because he's all tough talk and BS that gets him the MAGA support, but turns off the rest of the caucus. For example, in an effort to win over some moderate Dems, Jordan offered to negotiate away Trumps single biggest tax policy achievement - the cap on SALT deduction that sticks it to blue states. Also his MAGA supporters organized an email push campaign that caused (who would have guessed) non supporters to receive death threats. But mostly it's the rest of the caucus' desire to avoid giving a victory to Gaetz, who they correctly loath. Bottom line: The Gaetz team thinks everybody agrees with them. Instead, Dems control the presidency, the Senate, and are barely out of power in the House. And this is largely thanks to MAGA in the last election, when the Republican wave turned into a limp d*ck because MAGA turned off everybody but the extreme right. And I am saying this as someone who has been considered to be on the extreme right for all my life.

Edit: I just read that The eight House Republicans who voted wto oust McCarthy released a letter today saying they were "prepared to accept censure, suspension or removal" to accomplish the objective of electing Jordan as speaker. So these 8 aligned with Dems to get what they want, like the whiny b**ches they are. Here's a clue for the 8 - why do you think the Dems voted with you? Because they wanted to end up with someone even more likely to get them what they want. Gaetz and his fellow morons, like Mace who thinks with her chest, gave the Dems a victory.

Um, did the Republicans that voted against Jordan vote with the Democrats to keep him from becoming the speaker? This argument was always one of the dumbest arguments by the rinos and DeSantis fanboys when McCarthy was ousted. I mean, if it was true then, then it must be true now!

The Democrats are always, regardless of who the Republican speaker nominee is, going to vote against them.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

The Democrats are always, regardless of who the Republican speaker nominee is, going to vote against them.
Or vote present, affecting the math, as they did under Pelosi's direction on the 15th vote when McCarthy "won" SOH.
UAS Ag
TexAgs91 said:

UAS Ag said:

TexAgs91 said:

UAS Ag said:

TexAgs91 said:

UAS Ag said:

TexAgs91 said:

UAS Ag said:

GeorgiAg said:

Glad you enjoyed that.

There's a large portion of the population that will never hear about Biden's crimes. Impeachment will hit their radar. Some may actually look into it.
Just like the Trump impeachments, it's red meat for the base that eats that stuff up.

It MIGHT move the needle slightly for the GOP...OR, it could backfire and make the GOP look like they're just being petty because of Trump's impeachments. And remember, the Senate will end up tossing it in the trash since it's run by the Dems.

Impeachment is like the Gaetz ouster of McCarthy...a plan with no Step B or exit ramp.

No Longer Subsribed
Wrong. For example, if a Republican from New York were pushed for speaker, the Dems would vote for him or her. And it's not just Rino's who can see it - it's conservatives like me who watched Trump deliberately caused the Senate to be lost and who watched MAGA turn the Republican wave into a drip. We can spot the losing hand, and Gaetz and his loser friends are it.
redcrayon
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Or vote present, affecting the math, as they did under Pelosi's direction on the 15th vote when McCarthy "won" SOH.

Only Republicans voted present on the 15th McCarthy vote.
aggieforester05
AG
UAS Ag said:

TexAgs91 said:

UAS Ag said:

TexAgs91 said:

UAS Ag said:

TexAgs91 said:

UAS Ag said:

GeorgiAg said:

Glad you enjoyed that.

It needs to happen so that libs can't say that Trump was rightfully impeached and their guy was "scandal free". They need egg on their faces and they need it bad. Joe Biden is a corrupt degenerate POS just like his voters and this needs to be exposed for the world to see, because otherwise the press will cover for him. They can't ignore a justified impeachment. Plus it's just the right thing to do (to hold him accountable), even if the low life scum bag Democrats in the Senate won't do the right thing.
TexAgs91
AG
UAS Ag said:

TexAgs91 said:

UAS Ag said:

TexAgs91 said:

UAS Ag said:

TexAgs91 said:

UAS Ag said:

TexAgs91 said:

UAS Ag said:

GeorgiAg said:

Glad you enjoyed that.

Just like the Trump impeachments, it's red meat for the base that eats that stuff up.

It MIGHT move the needle slightly for the GOP...OR, it could backfire and make the GOP look like they're just being petty because of Trump's impeachments. And remember, the Senate will end up tossing it in the trash since it's run by the Dems.

Impeachment is like the Gaetz ouster of McCarthy...a plan with no Step B or exit ramp.

This is what defines GOPe. Too afraid to do what's right. Trump's impeachments were petty. That doesn't mean there can never be another impeachment. Impeachment still serves the same purpose it always does. Joe's a criminal. This is what impeachments are for.
UAS Ag
TexAgs91 said:

UAS Ag said:

TexAgs91 said:

UAS Ag said:

TexAgs91 said:

UAS Ag said:

TexAgs91 said:

UAS Ag said:

TexAgs91 said:

UAS Ag said:

GeorgiAg said:

Glad you enjoyed that.

This is what defines GOPe. Too afraid to do what's right. Trump's impeachments were petty. That doesn't mean there can never be another impeachment. Impeachment still serves the same purpose it always does. Joe's a criminal. This is what impeachments are for.
I agree he's a criminal.

And after the impeachment, he'll be just as much the POTUS as he was before it. So it wouldn't change anything.

The GOP needs to focus on winning Congress and the Exec branch in 2024 and then they can use the DOJ to go after him - THAT would have potential teeth. We all know Garland would and is completely ignoring those crimes NOW, but if he gets replaced...then they can REALLY be investigated in a REAL court of law.

I think you and I agree on a LOT more than you think we do. I just disagree with the way to achieve those goals.
samurai_science
TexAgs91 said:

UAS Ag said:

TexAgs91 said:

UAS Ag said:

TexAgs91 said:

UAS Ag said:

TexAgs91 said:

UAS Ag said:

TexAgs91 said:

UAS Ag said:

GeorgiAg said:

Glad you enjoyed that.

With a Democrat Senate its pointless posturing
TexAgs91
AG
samurai_science said:

TexAgs91 said:

UAS Ag said:

TexAgs91 said:

UAS Ag said:

TexAgs91 said:

UAS Ag said:

TexAgs91 said:

UAS Ag said:

TexAgs91 said:

UAS Ag said:

GeorgiAg said:

Glad you enjoyed that.

With a Democrat Senate its pointless posturing

Disagree for the reasons already posted
RGLAG85
AG
Shagga said:

Wrong. For example, if a Republican from New York were pushed for speaker, the Dems would vote for him or her. And it's not just Rino's who can see it - it's conservatives like me who watched Trump deliberately caused the Senate to be lost and who watched MAGA turn the Republican wave into a drip. We can spot the losing hand, and Gaetz and his loser friends are it.
The Democrats would never vote for a Republican, ever. They vote unequivocally as a block and how they're told. But enjoyed reading your TDS.
No Longer Subsribed
Not all who think Trump will lose suffer from TDS. I don't suffer from TDS. Not do I make broad statements with no support. Continue your delusion and you will be treated with another four years of Joseph Robinette Biden.
Watermelon Man
RGLAG85 said:

Shagga said:

The Democrats would never vote for a Republican, ever. They vote unequivocally as a block and how they're told. But enjoyed reading your TDS.
Theoretically, it's not impossible. However, I'd expect seeing a Republican vote for Pelosi to be much more likely. That never happened, so...
It is much easier to fool someone than it is to convince someone that he has been fooled.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.