Harvard students scramble to take back support for letter

15,411 Views | 155 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by LMCane
. . .
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://terror-list.notion.site/terror-list/The-Terror-List-d3e0b838ed2c40808ad68a65374c3282

https://ghostarchive.org/archive/JN4Q7?wr=true

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/john-hasson/2023/10/10/meet-the-harvard-students-supporting-hamas-invasion-of-israel-n2629626

Kenneth_2003
AG
aggiez03 said:

In b4 a CM or drive by lib, comes in with...

I thought F16 was for free speech...

Who on here is promoting restrictions on free speech? Actions do have consequences!
TexasAggiesWin
S
SuhrThang
I wonder what these "privileged" yo-yos will do when a terrorist gets after them?? Who they gonna call?
“A drunkard’s dream if I ever did see one”
MooreTrucker
AG
aggiez03 said:

In b4 a CM or drive by lib, comes in with...

I thought F16 was for free speech...
Free speech does not equal free from responsibility or free from consequences.
double b
AG
Houstonag said:

TAMU has more top CEOs than Harvard.

We are also eight times bigger than them.
C@LAg
double b said:

We are also eight times bigger than them.
twss
chilimuybueno
AG
Harvard is overrated in so many ways. Mostly in the practical application of knowledge by their graduates.
p_bubel

oysterbayAG
AG
Request every major corporation in the country make a statement that they demand the names of all the students in these student nut job organizations so they can make sure never to hire them. They can go work at McDonalds ! F them all !
Sid Farkas
AG
I for one, hate people having to take back what they say under the threat of retribution. It's something we complain about on f16 all day.

They've retracted what they said, but still believe it. They should be able to stand by their beliefs, no matter how ****ed up they are.

Let the morons speak and we can mock them and beat them senseless with logic.
Slackjaw62
TA-OP said:

Would FERPA even allow Harvard to release the names?
Good question, but I'm not sure Harvard even HAS the names. Joining a student group doesn't require you to email the administration announcing your membership.

The officers of those organizations, on the other hand, are well and truly screwed if they attached their names to any of their current or past propaganda.
C@LAg
p_bubel said:

she is resourceful.

i am pretty sure she will land on her feet back.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
So why the backtracking, was it the 40 beheaded babies or the backlash and potential to lose job offers?
Fins Up!
AG
It is obvious to me that the University of Florida, and any other school in the SEC, is better than Harvard.
aggiehawg
AG
The Chicken Ranch said:

It is obvious to me that the University of Florida, and any other school in the SEC, is better than Harvard.
Maybe not LSU.
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

Harvard students scramble to take back support for letter
Ol_Ag_02
AG
This pleases me. Greatly.
APHIS AG
These people that been so indoctrinated and have been allowed to behave, by Harvard and other schools, in reprehensible ways with no backlash, that they did not recognize the line that should never be crossed.

Well, they finally did it and crossed that line. The ones that also should be held accountable are the administration and professors of these schools for these organizations usually have a faculty advisor.
Tramp96
ABATTBQ11 said:

TA-OP said:

Yes. Has nothing to do with grades.

Wrong. FERPA protects all education records, which includes membership in clubs. An education record is anything the institution maintains. So it covers everything, not just grades.

The only way they could release the names is if Harvard includes membership in student organizations in its published list of directory information. But a student can choose to have their directory information withheld.
APHIS AG
Esteban du Plantier said:

So why the backtracking, was it the 40 beheaded babies or the backlash and potential to lose job offers?
They saw their futures flash before their eyes and quickly realized that they screwed up.

They can care less about Hamas atrocities and in private, celebrate Hamas's great "victory".
APHIS AG
Tramp96 said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

TA-OP said:

Wrong. FERPA protects all education records, which includes membership in clubs. An education record is anything the institution maintains. So it covers everything, not just grades.

The only way they could release the names is if Harvard includes membership in student organizations in its published list of directory information. But a student can choose to have their directory information withheld.
If anyone wants to see the names, they just have to obtain a Harvard Yearbook which usually contains all the groups, photos, and names, that are recognized by Harvard.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

There's a Groucho Marx joke in there somewhere.
flakrat
AG
Houstonag said:

Our CIO got his bachelors at Army, masters and PhD at A&M.
flakrat
AG
Tramp96 said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

TA-OP said:

In my experience, most, as in > 90%, do not suppress their information in the campus directory.
Claverack
. . . said:

https://terror-list.notion.site/terror-list/The-Terror-List-d3e0b838ed2c40808ad68a65374c3282

That is a wonderful site. Out these Nazi trash. Maybe they can get some employment as cremators in Gaza.

Slappy007
AG
Sid Farkas said:

I for one, hate people having to take back what they say under the threat of retribution. It's something we complain about on f16 all day.

They've retracted what they said, but still believe it. They should be able to stand by their beliefs, no matter how ****ed up they are.

I agree with you….. If only that was the way our current society worked. Unfortunately, it doesn't.
PCC_80
AG
Houstonag said:

Good to know. Hopefully those CEO's will be looking at A&M groups that might have decided to support terrorism and ask for the names of those responsible. Lets make sure our house is in order.
APHIS AG
Sid Farkas said:

That is the reason apologies after someone puts their foot in their mouth are meaningless

An intoxicated person usually says what a sober person thinks.
Dr. Mephisto
AG
Double post. Look down.
Dr. Mephisto
AG
I support publishing all the names of every organization that supported this release.

It tells a lot if that act makes any one panic.
Cromagnum
AG
I wouldn't hire any ****head from Harvard in the first place.
Burdizzo
AG
Not a Bot said:

Ackman tweeting about it set off the scramble. Dude is huge in NYC Hedge Fund game and every big banker knows him well. No one on that list is going to be hired at any big firm, which pretty much defeats the purpose of going to Harvard for a business degree.

This proves once again that going Ivy League isn't about the quality of the education. It's about the network club it puts you in . Ivy League educations are overrated.
BoDog
AG
Owlagdad said:

aggiez03 said:

StonewallAggieDEFENSE said:

Release their names so we can avoid hiring idiots who are either extremists or can't understand what they put their name to. Even the a$$wipe-in-chief knows hamas are the bad guys.
This one is easy...

Harvard, Cal-Berkley or Stanford on resume - File 13 it immediately
Pronouns listed on resume - File 13 it immediately

There are some older Rice guys that won't hire Rice grads anymore.
Wife's uncle who went to Rice said he would hire someone from UH or Harris Co Community College before he would hire any moron from Rice.
Fightin_Aggie
AG
Esteban du Plantier said:

The same evil morons support abortion

You know it wasn't the babies
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.