Japan Re-Arming as fast a they can

4,224 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by aezmvp
AgBQ-00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

The massive uptick in China's aggressive stance, Russia's invasion of Ukraine and the Nork's continual popping off of missiles over Japan are causing the largest build-up in Japanese military capabilities since pre WWII
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
sounds like just in time for the firework shows that is coming in the fairly near future.
pfo
AG
Japan's debt/GDP ratio is even worse than ours. The good guys in the world could really use a strong Japan but I wonder how they will be able to afford to become a world military powerhouse again.
LMCane
pfo said:

Japan's debt/GDP ratio is even worse than ours. The good guys in the world could really use a strong Japan but I wonder how they will be able to afford to become a world military powerhouse again.
good points

also their population is literally one of the oldest on the planet
HumpitPuryear
AG
FJB and the failing USA is their protector. Anyone in that situation should be shoring up their own protection. That would include every law-abiding citizen in the America.
TxTarpon
pfo said:

They should start selling robots.

Put in their circuits how to fire all kinds of rifles and hand guns.
Turn them loose in ChiComland when sheet goes down.
CanyonAg77
AG
pfo said:

I wonder how they will be able to afford to become a world military powerhouse again.

Renewal and expansion of the Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere?
Sharpshooter
AG
Watched about 3 minutes before this dudes delvery of info drove me away.
Rapier108
It gets real when Japan decides they will acquire nuclear weapons.

When they do, they will have them in weeks at most.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
AgBQ-00
AG
Back half of the video talks about the challenges they face in rearming.
Political concerns surrounding raising taxes, portions of their population being against any increase in defense spending, and aging population and lack of manpower were all brought up. Many defense analysts don't expect them to reach any of their goals until the mid-30's at the earliest.

My thought is if we see China start on the war path all of that is out the window. Maybe I'm overestimating the current generation of Japanese, but they are creative, industrious and have a history of punching waaaaay above their weight class.
GAC06
AG
Japan has been taking their defense more seriously for a while now. They upgraded their helicopter assault ships to carry F-35's, making them carriers. Them building carriers a couple decades ago would have been unthinkable
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
Peter Zeihan type population charts

Japan needs to send their 60-110 year olds off to war

USA is just maintaining population

American Hardwood
AG
I believe this also has a lot to do with the US playing a diminishing role in playing protector of the Asian seas shipping lanes. Nobody in the region wants China to step into that role.
oh no
AG
C@LAg
good japan.
schmellba99
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

The massive uptick in China's aggressive stance, Russia's invasion of Ukraine and the Nork's continual popping off of missiles over Japan are causing the largest build-up in Japanese military capabilities since pre WWII
As long as extrimists don't take over the military and implement a *******ized version of Bushido, good for them. There needs to be a power in that region to combat the circle of hell between China, Norks and Russia. South Korea just doesn't have the punch by themselves.
Not Coach Jimbo
So chine gets aggressive, Biden does nothing, Japan has to buy weapons, Biden and his cronyies get rich...?

At least its not the us tax dollars funding it..... yet.
samurai_science
Japan better do some cloning, because they are dying out fast
GAC06
AG
S Korea is even worse IIRC
aggie93
AG
Japan is becoming a Power but will never be a Superpower. Inevitably for them it is about the regional battle for supremacy with China.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
APHIS AG
They have no choice when their number one ally becomes suspect.
FrioAg 00
AG
Anyone relying on the US military to protect them would be stupid not to rethink that.

We have been invaded and overrun, our corrupt politicians sold us out from the inside, and the moral fiber of the country rotted as social media replaced all other reference or influence groups.

This country will is a shell of what it was even a couple decades ago.
Rebel Yell
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

Anyone relying on the US military to protect them would be stupid not to rethink that.

We have been invaded and overrun, our corrupt politicians sold us out from the inside, and the moral fiber of the country rotted as social media replaced all other reference or influence groups.

This country will is a shell of what it was even a couple decades ago.
Sadly this.

I used to think a war would galvanize us and the American spirit again. But we are too polarized. Even this attack on Israel which is fundamentally a good vs evil fight has already shown us that we do not even agree on basic human decency anymore. Rallies for terrorists. It is disgusting.

oh no
AG
But we have "equity" so everything is awesome
aezmvp
I suspect that in the next 10 to 15 years you will see some radical pro family expiraments. It's all over their media and fiction about the near future. Their solutions will make Hungary look behind the times and they have the most pro family policies anywhere in the world.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.