Israel/Hamas going at it

1,666,973 Views | 9813 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by AtticusMatlock
rausr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Willy's Live Stream just had some incoming - press were taking cover:

Not a Bot
AG
Erdogan is likely playing to his home and broader Muslim audience and pushing for an increased role in the post-conflict order.

https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blogs/menasource/erdogan-gaza-hamas-turkey-israel/
The Fall Guy
AG
Are we about to evacuate Americans?
https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/security-aviation/2023-10-31/ty-article-magazine/.premium/osint-third-u-s-naval-group-arrives-in-mideast-countries-prep-to-evacuate-thousands/0000018b-854f-d805-a98f-b5df147e0000
LMCane
The Fall Guy said:

Catag94 said:

LMCane said:

Catag94 said:

Can someone confirm whether Yemen has officially declared war on Israel or just the Houthis have, or am I drawing a distinction that I should not?
No distinction

the Houthis control the government of Yemen and much of the country

Thank you. I brushed up on the Houthis take over and now see it's pretty much in power.

Well this should be interesting.

Israel wont hit Yemen. It will rely on the US or Saudi Arabia to contain them
that's not necessarily correct.

maybe NOW they will rely on the Saudis.

but you can bet your bippy

that someday many of these current Houthi leaders are going to wake up dead from a Mossad visit.
LMCane
bonfarr said:

redsquirrelAG said:

Only a matter of time before a rocket or missile hits one of our ships to further commit us to the action.

I don't think the Houthis have anything sophisticated enough to get one of our ships unless they just get wildly lucky. Aren't their rockets dumb rockets with no precise guidance? They can just lob them in the direction of Israel which serves their purpose because they are just terror attacks.
Nope- that missile they fired was a ballistic missile shot down by the Arrow MD system, not by the Iron Dome.

Today may in fact be the first time in history the Arrow has ever actually shot down an incoming missile

the Iranians have been shipping advanced arms to the Houthis for years

Iranian Ballistic Missile Programs up to 3000 missiles
The Fall Guy
AG
https://m.jpost.com/israel-news/article-770988

UN continues to crap on Israel
TAMUallen
AG
LMCane said:

The Fall Guy said:

Catag94 said:

LMCane said:

Catag94 said:

Can someone confirm whether Yemen has officially declared war on Israel or just the Houthis have, or am I drawing a distinction that I should not?
No distinction

Thank you. I brushed up on the Houthis take over and now see it's pretty much in power.

that's not necessarily correct.

maybe NOW they will rely on the Saudis.

but you can bet your bippy

that someday many of these current Houthi leaders are going to wake up dead from a Mossad visit.

Agreed.

Israel is overtly active in Syria. The mossad is active everywhere. They aren't about to beg to be attacked by every anti Jewish Muslim country but they sure as hell will be combating those who are actively fighting them with a goal to kill all jews.
LMCane
Catag94 said:

The Fall Guy said:

Catag94 said:

LMCane said:

Catag94 said:

No distinction

Agreed.
Israel seems to have an acute focus on irradiating Hamas (rightfully and understandably so). Israeli allies, like the US are expected to support that mission and contain these other enemies (states and proxies) from taking advantage of the situation and attacking Israel.

At some point, specifically because Iran directs these proxies, it appears this will escalate to a much more involved conflict. These neighboring enemies seem far to comfortable with threaten rhetoric and actions.

just keep in mind that Israel has been launching airstrikes against Hizbullah targets

in both Lebanon and in Syria the last two weeks.
Troglodyte
AG
BULL said:

all that sounds good in theory.....but the "Hate" has been indoctrinated so deep into the culture it's going to be very difficult for this to "work" in the long run. The young bucks growing up will remember their city being blown apart by the Jews. The Palestinians will forget about that horrible Saturday in a year or so. (meaning they started all this). The unrest is embedded in their culture for generations.
This is what they said about Al Qaeda too. The hate is already there. Not responding won't get rid of the hate. The hope is to inflict enough pain that they won't act on their hate again.

Israel can never again let any group live within their borders while shooting missiles and fortifying a position.
Catag94
AG
LMCane said:

Catag94 said:

The Fall Guy said:

Catag94 said:

LMCane said:

Catag94 said:

No distinction

Agreed.
Israel seems to have an acute focus on irradiating Hamas (rightfully and understandably so). Israeli allies, like the US are expected to support that mission and contain these other enemies (states and proxies) from taking advantage of the situation and attacking Israel.

At some point, specifically because Iran directs these proxies, it appears this will escalate to a much more involved conflict. These neighboring enemies seem far to comfortable with threaten rhetoric and actions.

just keep in mind that Israel has been launching airstrikes against Hizbullah targets

Yes sir. It would seem all part of Iranian design to attempt to find a ***** in the Israeli armor so to speak.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Quote:

Israel can never again let any group live within their borders while shooting missiles and fortifying a position.

Right. It's an insane way to live.

That half the world sides with the Palestinians just shows the power of media.
LMCane
Another senior Hamas terrorist commander gets his 72 virgins:

The Israel Defense Forces says it has killed the commander of Hamas's Central Jabaliya Battalion, Ibrahim Biari, in an airstrike in the Gaza Strip a short while ago.

The military said the strike killed Biari and several other terrorists and caused underground terror tunnels to collapse, bringing down several nearby buildings.

Palestinian reports said at least 50 people were killed in the strike and subsequent collapse.

According to the IDF, Biari was one of the Hamas commanders responsible for directing members of the terror group's elite Nukhba forces to invade Israel on October 7.

The IDF says the airstrike in Jabaliya was part of "a wide-scale strike" on Hamas operatives and infrastructure belonging to the terror group's Central Jabaliya Battalion.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Old enough to remember the weapon of choice for the Palestinians were rocks.
TAMUallen
AG
Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

Quote:

Right. It's an insane way to live.

That half the world sides with the Palestinians just shows the power of media.

More so shows how many Muslim nations and population there is. Israel has always been in a dangerous situation. I have no idea how they've managed to successfully maintain their land without being overrun by the enemy other than true grit combined with a higher power.
Hogties
AG
LMCane said:

great mapping of what has occurred the last several weeks:

Events Mapped Out
That is an amazing link to the map. Really shows how Hamas flooded the zone and overwhelmed Israel's response capabilities. Still a colossal failure on Israel's part, but a great and poignant visualization of what and where.

And since none of us on Texags are super familiar with Israel/Gaza geography, that link was a very helpful visual reference for me.
Street Fighter
AG
The Fall Guy said:

Are we about to evacuate Americans?
https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/security-aviation/2023-10-31/ty-article-magazine/.premium/osint-third-u-s-naval-group-arrives-in-mideast-countries-prep-to-evacuate-thousands/0000018b-854f-d805-a98f-b5df147e0000

Hoping it's not for Palestinian refugees.
Aust Ag
AG
Wow, that map really brings it home. Zoom in on that festival part of the map, it's amazing anyone made it out of there. Just indiscriminately blasting away at 100s of kids in their 20s, running through a field. Apparently, anyone who hid and then found got picked up as hostages. Or worse.
YouBet
AG
Hogties said:

LMCane said:

Events Mapped Out
That is an amazing link to the map. Really shows how Hamas flooded the zone and overwhelmed Israel's response capabilities. Still a colossal failure on Israel's part, but a great and poignant visualization of what and where.

And since none of us on Texags are super familiar with Israel/Gaza geography, that link was a very helpful visual reference for me.
Yes, I did not realize how widespread this was until I saw this map. This was an invasion, effectively.
LMCane
YouBet said:

Hogties said:

LMCane said:

Events Mapped Out

Yes, I did not realize how widespread this was until I saw this map. This was an invasion, effectively.

I think that is why/how Netanyahu came out in the first three hours and stated this was a "war" and not a terror attack.

what's really amazing to people like me and other Israelis is that this part of the country is not populated at all-

to have 1300 murdered men/women/children from a territory which had included only 20,000 residents is an insane number of victims.

and that's just the murdered, much less the wounded!

what would that be in College Station?
Ag2Max
AG
Let's round off and say that B/CS has a population close to 200,000. Using the percentages of 1300 killed to about 20,000 population in the area that would translate into 13,000 deaths in B/CS. That certainly puts it in perspective. And we would sit back with no response to a group that would come into B/CS and take 13,000 lives....I think not.

It just blows my mind that a good chunk of the world doesn't understand the Israeli's response to Hamas and the Palestinians. It's like they just forget or have a blind eye to what Hamas did upon their surprise attach on Israel. And you expect no response to your actions Hamas???
TH36
In the words of Yoda, A well regulated and prepared militia we would be..
UTExan
LMCane said:

Catag94 said:

The Fall Guy said:

Catag94 said:

LMCane said:

Catag94 said:

No distinction

Agreed.

You're probably the only person among us transliterating Hezbollah correctly from the Arabic:
Hizb= party Allah=God (Arabic version)
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
agent-maroon
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Old enough to remember the weapon of choice for the Palestinians were rocks.

Likewise. Here's hoping that they'll soon be forced to return to the same weaponry, only with way more rocks than we remember and a lot less arms available to throw them.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
flakrat
AG
17K if my math is right (and Bryan / College Station population numbers are right at 266K)
WBBQ74
AG
Genesis 16:12. It was all foretold long ago.
CDUB98
The Fall Guy
AG
https://www.reuters.com/world/americas/bolivia-severs-diplomatic-ties-with-israel-citing-crimes-against-humanity-2023-10-31/

Bolivia severs ties with Israel
bonfarr
AG
The Fall Guy said:

https://www.reuters.com/world/americas/bolivia-severs-diplomatic-ties-with-israel-citing-crimes-against-humanity-2023-10-31/

Bolivia severs ties with Israel

I'm sure Israel is crushed.
agent-maroon
AG
"Disproportionate retaliation" is such BS. Would they prefer Israel to kidnap and/or murder women and children instead?

Stay the course Israel. Cut the head off the snake.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
captkirk
AG
agent-maroon said:

"Disproportionate retaliation" is such BS. Would they prefer Israel to kidnap and/or murder women and children instead?

Its a concept that apparently only applies to Israel
RGLAG85
AG
agent-maroon said:

I say you don't just cut the head off the snake. You destroy their den and kill anything that is willing to breed more snakes.
captkirk
AG
will25u
Don't need to be a policing force.

agent-maroon
AG
will25u said:

F that noise. We can provide material support and intelligence like we have always done, but we shouldn't even consider putting our servicemen into the mix. All that will gain would be to save muslim terrorists travel time to kill Americans.

Stupid, stupid, stupid idea
Raiderjay
agent-maroon said:

will25u said:

F that noise. We can provide material support and intelligence like we have always done, but we shouldn't even consider putting our servicemen into the mix. All that will gain would be to save muslim terrorists travel time to kill Americans.

Stupid, stupid, stupid idea
F no to US troops being pot shot targets in Gaza to Jihadi idiots.....
First Page Last Page
Page 196 of 281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.