Israel/Hamas going at it

1,667,039 Views | 9813 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by AtticusMatlock
LMCane
How long do you want to ignore this user?
doubledog said:

Just for the sake of discussion.
The Gaza strip is about 100-130ft above sea level. If one starts pumping sea water into these tunnels (10 to 50ft below the surface) then how long would it take to fill them up?

It is like fire ants, flush them out.

It seems that some units are able to pump purple smoke into the tunnels they find

and then IAF strike aircraft come overhead and bomb any place they can see the smoke
LMCane
BULL said:

all that sounds good in theory.....but the "Hate" has been indoctrinated so deep into the culture it's going to be very difficult for this to "work" in the long run. The young bucks growing up will remember their city being blown apart by the Jews. The Palestinians will forget about that horrible Saturday in a year or so. (meaning they started all this). The unrest is embedded in their culture for generations.

no Israeli after this anymore is naive or fanciful enough to believe the Palestinians will want to live next door in peace

I think at this point the objective is to create a new reality-

where no matter what the Gazans want to do- it will be physically impossible for them to launch raids into southern Israel.
Rossticus
Mathguy64
AG
So either Yemeni idiots are launching from a boat in the Red Sea or they are launching from Yemen and flying over SA or over the Sinai (Egypt).

I can't imagine SA or Egypt is happy if it's land based and one of those landing in SA would be hilarious. A boat launch would have a life expectancy of 0 now.

Hogties
AG
Looks like a great place for the worlds largest saltwater aquarium
redsquirrelAG
AG
Only a matter of time before a rocket or missile hits one of our ships to further commit us to the action.
No Spin Ag
Hogties said:

Looks like a great place for the worlds largest saltwater aquarium

My thoughts exactly. There has to be a way to flood them out.

Also, from the clip, Hamas is capable of lasting months down there. Israel needs to fight as long as it takes with the complete eradication of Hamas being the only outcome.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Who?mikejones!
https://instagr.am/p/CzDu-fhukde
LMCane
How we got to today:

Police say that as of today 826 civilian victims of the deadly Hamas assault have been identified.

The statement says this number accounts for some 85% of the bodies found.

So far 732 of the victims have been released for burial.

Efforts to identify all the victims is a slow process with many having been badly burned or mutilated in the assault.

In addition, more than 350 members of the security forces were killed.
LMCane
notice how Hamas deliberately planned to murder teenagers, rape and take hostages of civilians

and here, IN A WAR, the IDF forces don't even respond to being attacked by Palestinians.

Oh yeah, did we mention this is DURING A WAR.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Pretty sure the map is just a very broad overview
LMCane
Mathguy64 said:

So either Yemeni idiots are launching from a boat in the Red Sea or they are launching from Yemen and flying over SA or over the Sinai (Egypt).

I can't imagine SA or Egypt is happy if it's land based and one of those landing in SA would be hilarious. A boat launch would have a life expectancy of 0 now.

it's land based from Yemen

Saudi has been attacked dozens of times by the Houthis over the last several years

one of the main reasons that MBS wants to make a peace deal with Israel
Who?mikejones!
Also notice how they just say the kids are throwing rocks. Pretty sure I hear a gunshot
GAC06
AG
Mathguy64 said:

The Houthis have fired plenty of missiles at the Saudi's. I don't think they'd be upset if another one hit them.
AggielandPoultry
AG
LMCane said:

notice how Hamas deliberately planned to murder teenagers, rape and take hostages of civilians

and here, IN A WAR, the IDF forces don't even respond to being attacked by Palestinians.

Oh yeah, did we mention this is DURING A WAR.

They need to kill every rock chunking fool they cross. Or it's rinse and repeat .
ABATTBQ11
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Also notice how they just say the kids are throwing rocks. Pretty sure I hear a gunshot

Probably shooting elsewhere, but I probably would have just run them over or shot them to be safe. Today's rich throwing teenager is tomorrow's gun toting terrorist.
Who?mikejones!
jagvocate
AG
10andBOUNCE said:

This is how the USA gets sucked into the war with Iran the NeoCons so desperately covet
will25u
TH36
will25u said:

In the grand scheme of things it doesn't mean much but I feel as though it's just one domino in the wrong direction….or maybe it's the right direction? Maybe we finally give them the holy war they've all wanted.
Catag94
AG
Can someone confirm whether Yemen has officially declared war on Israel or just the Houthis have, or am I drawing a distinction that I should not?
LMCane
great mapping of what has occurred the last several weeks:

Events Mapped Out
LMCane
Catag94 said:

Can someone confirm whether Yemen has officially declared war on Israel or just the Houthis have, or am I drawing a distinction that I should not?
No distinction

the Houthis control the government of Yemen and much of the country
Who?mikejones!
Catag94
AG
LMCane said:

Catag94 said:

No distinction

Thank you. I brushed up on the Houthis take over and now see it's pretty much in power.

Well this should be interesting.
The Fall Guy
AG
Catag94 said:

LMCane said:

Catag94 said:

No distinction

Thank you. I brushed up on the Houthis take over and now see it's pretty much in power.

Israel wont hit Yemen. It will rely on the US or Saudi Arabia to contain them
Catag94
AG
The Fall Guy said:

Catag94 said:

LMCane said:

Catag94 said:

No distinction

Agreed.
Israel seems to have an acute focus on irradiating Hamas (rightfully and understandably so). Israeli allies, like the US are expected to support that mission and contain these other enemies (states and proxies) from taking advantage of the situation and attacking Israel.

At some point, specifically because Iran directs these proxies, it appears this will escalate to a much more involved conflict. These neighboring enemies seem far to comfortable with threaten rhetoric and actions.
Eliminatus
AG
CDUB98 said:

LMCane said:

I find it interesting how freely the soldiers are walking about. How are they so sure there's no ambushes or snipers lurking about?
Because you are not going to be fire team rushing from cover to cover every single second in Gaza. It is just not realistic. Look at the patrol patterns of the US armed forces in OIF and OEF. And that was in areas with guaranteed snipers and ambushes. "By the book" works until your knees give out and you still have 20+ days on the mission to go. Just like you are supposed to be wary of every small pile of trash as IEDs....until you get in country and realize the whole area is one pile of trash.

Plus, it is also the most sure way to draw ambushes...which is the only real way to engage and kill the enemy. It sounds stupid and it is for sure, but the fact is that insurgents operating in and among civilian populaces will ALWAYS have the advantage of when, where, and how to engage. That poor grunt ******* just has to accept that and hope to be able to shoot back effectively once they are engaged first. If they are lucky enough to not be targeted first and survive the first few seconds of an ambush to fight back that is.

Welcome to Counter Insurgency operations as a first world nation. It's a mind-****.
JayHowdy!
The Fall Guy said:

Catag94 said:

LMCane said:

Catag94 said:

No distinction

Eventually one of those missiles will get through, and they are bigger and more accurate than what Hamas has. I could see Israel park one of their subs off of Yemen and hit it with some cruise missiles to take out the launch sites.
bonfarr
AG
BULL said:

all that sounds good in theory.....but the "Hate" has been indoctrinated so deep into the culture it's going to be very difficult for this to "work" in the long run. The young bucks growing up will remember their city being blown apart by the Jews. The Palestinians will forget about that horrible Saturday in a year or so. (meaning they started all this). The unrest is embedded in their culture for generations.

Agreed. Israel can hope their actions today will give them 20 years or so of peace but this won't be the end. Eliminate Hamas and something else rises in its place that isn't any different.
MouthBQ98
AG
Houthi Yemen can rage all they want. They don't have the reach to matter. If they keep launching over the nations between them and Israel, those nations may suppress them even more. I know the Saudis regard them as a hostile insurgent force.
UTExan
Hamas political operative says Hamas tunnels are only to protect Hamas members, not civilians.
https://www.memri.org/reports/hamas-official-mousa-abu-marzouk-tunnels-gaza-were-built-protect-hamas-fighters-not
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
JayHowdy!
MouthBQ98 said:

Houthi Yemen can rage all they want. They don't have the reach to matter. If they keep launching over the nations between them and Israel, those nations may suppress them even more. I know the Saudis regard them as a hostile insurgent force.

I think this is why Jordan has asked for Patriot Missile systems.
bonfarr
AG
redsquirrelAG said:

Only a matter of time before a rocket or missile hits one of our ships to further commit us to the action.

I don't think the Houthis have anything sophisticated enough to get one of our ships unless they just get wildly lucky. Aren't their rockets dumb rockets with no precise guidance? They can just lob them in the direction of Israel which serves their purpose because they are just terror attacks.
OldArmy71
AG
Exactly the sort of map I was looking for. Thank you.

I just do not understand how such a huge attack on these communities was possible.
First Page Last Page
Page 195 of 281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.