Israel/Hamas going at it

1,668,781 Views | 9815 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by Brother Shamus
flakrat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wow. Hope they nail whomever murdered her?
aggiehawg
AG
flakrat said:

Wow. How's the nail whomever murdered her?
Outside her home. Ring doorbell? Surveillance cameras nearby? She was stabbed multiple times, not a drive by.

That was personal. And because she into outreach programs between Jews and Muslims, likely someone she knew or had met.
Little Rock Ag
AG
Explosions at Iranian Defense HQ in Tehran:

aggiehawg
AG

Is it on?
Raiderjay
Little Rock Ag said:

Explosions at Iranian Defense HQ in Tehran:

Good, take it to them Israel
BQ78
AG
Doesn't look or sound like aerial weapons
Ag In Ok
AG
I read this as Shin Bet created a troop of assassins.

https://m.jpost.com/israel-news/article-769555
Raiderjay
BQ78 said:

Doesn't look or sound like aerial weapons

Mossad doing work…
JobSecurity
AG
JobSecurity
AG
maverick2076
JobSecurity said:

The mubtakar or other device capable of weapon using gas forming reactions has been a staple of terrorist handbooks for quite some time.
Triple S
S
maverick2076 said:

JobSecurity said:

The mubtakar or other device capable of weapon using gas forming reactions has been a staple of terrorist handbooks for quite some time.

Wonder if that's why they have delayed going in for a bit,
"Eat more do-nuts and less lists" - Dennis Franchonie
ttu_85
D. Turner said:

Israel was targeting a nearby Hamas command center. Unfortunately killing civilians inside a Greek Orthodox Church compound.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/10/20/world/middleeast/israel-airstrike-gaza-city.html
Sorry your linked source has no credibility. Remember they regurgitate Hamas propaganda as facts with no effort to vet it for reliability.

Total trash. As been for decades.
Cliff.Booth
Sunrise in the Levant. LFG. Unleash hell.
flakrat
maverick2076
Triple S said:

maverick2076 said:

JobSecurity said:

Wonder if that's why they have delayed going in for a bit,

Doubtful. They are really only effective in buildings or other enclosed spaces.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Not a Bot
AG
Poot
The more I see the build up, the more it makes sense to me that Israel may be making sure that they have the required Iron Dome replacement interceptors to resist what could be an even more immense barrage on their citizenry, post Israel's total and ground response.
Poot
The CentCom AOR looks as peachy as ever…
nortex97
AG
On the flip side this really is depleting the moslem's rocket stash, which is part of the reason they are now having 1 in 5 hit their own people via misfires. They are digging into their 'not so good' rocket builders arsenals.

If the US/Israel are providing coordinated overwatch of Lebanon via drones/Tacair from the carriers, it might not be the rocket impact in Israel some have feared, imho.

Harsh threats (from the economy minister?):

Quote:

Nir Barkat, Israel's Minister of Economy, warned that it would "eliminate Hezbollah," their proxy terror group in Lebanon, if it follows through on threats to throw its military support behind Hamas.

"The plan of Iran is to attack Israel on all fronts. If we find they intend to target Israel, we will not just retaliate to those fronts, but we will go to the head of the snake, which is Iran," Barkat told the Daily Mail.

"The Ayatollahs in Iran are not going to sleep good at night, we are going to make sure they pay a heavy price if, God forbid, they open the northern front."
Will be interesting if the, ahem, 'British' mayor of London/PM Sunak do arrest the clowns in their midst:

My question is if the Germans/French/Brits do decide to expel some of the 'migrants' they have accepted over the past 10 years who are in essence social leeches/terrorist supporters, do they figure out a way to send them to Gaza, or where else?

Not a Bot
AG
I think Hamas may be legitimately depleted in terms of their rocket ability right now. Hezbollah is a completely different story. Hezbollah has far more advanced weapons and would likely cause a lot of Israeli casualties if that front got hot.
45-70Ag
AG
UAS Ag
45-70Ag said:

Aren't there more ships in a carrier strike group than the 6 that China sent?
nortex97
AG
Yes, something like 2 or 3 guided missile destroyers, and one or two guided missile cruisers (CG's), in addition to the carrier and supply ships/subsurface stuff (wiki).

Not a navy guy but it's very true even today that our navy is much more advanced in integration/operational experience vs. the CCP folks on a long deployment. And they have a couple carriers now but aren't ready to ship them to the Mediterranean yet. That's a maintenance/logistics tail they just aren't really close to.

P.U.T.U
AG
Ag In Ok said:

I read this as Shin Bet created a troop of assassins.

https://m.jpost.com/israel-news/article-769555

I read that as someone that doesn't know Israeli history. "Assassin" groups have been part of the IDF since after WWII. Assassinations are not illegal and justified as long as they believe in doing them will prevent someone from harming Israelis in the future
Logos Stick
WSJ has an article with camera footage showing the hospital was bombed by Hamas, an errant rocket.

Siap

Paywall:

https://www.wsj.com/video/video-analysis-shows-gaza-hospital-hit-by-failed-rocket-meant-for-israel/120A1C22-BA32-418E-8837-BC4141FEFB00.html?adobe_mc=TS%3D1697983435%7CMCMID%3D13117799474064425434933645003074028917%7CMCORGID%3DCB68E4BA55144CAA0A4C98A5%40AdobeOrg&wsj_native_webview=android&ace_environment=androidphone%2Cwebview&ace_config=%7B%22wsj%22%3A%7B%22djcmp%22%3A%7B%22propertyHref%22%3A%22https%3A%2F%2Fwsj.android.app%22%7D%7D%7D&ns=prod/accounts-wsj
nortex97
AG

Well, bye.

Rossticus
Rossticus
Faustus
nortex97 said:

. . .
My question is if the Germans/French/Brits do decide to expel some of the 'migrants' they have accepted over the past 10 years who are in essence social leeches/terrorist supporters, do they figure out a way to send them to Gaza, or where else?
. . .

There is no country of Gaza (as you know - not trying to be pedantic). It's a territory controlled (and intentionally not annexed) by Israel, and I imagine Israel feels the Strip is plenty full of religious extremists at the moment. Given the folks you're referring to are not Israeli citizens, I'd say there's zero chance any of them get deported to Israel or the territories it controls.

Best bet is to hope they're from surrounding countries in the ME they be can punted to.
No Spin Ag
I haven't followed this thread in a while, but does anyone know if the women in the IDF will be on the front lines when Israel goes into Gaza?

I ask because I know they're required to serve like the men, and they can always be seen in social media clips wearing their uniforms, without or without a weapon.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
aggiehawg
AG
No Spin Ag said:

I haven't followed this thread in a while, but does anyone know if the women in the IDF will be on the front lines when Israel goes into Gaza?

I ask because I know they're required to serve like the men, and they can always be seen in social media clips wearing their uniforms, without or without a weapon.
Most likely, yes.
Faustus
No Spin Ag said:

Wiki had cites on point.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_the_Israel_Defense_Forces

Quote:

Clause 16A of the Israeli Defense Service Law requires that all conscripted female combat soldiers serve active-duty for 2 years and 4 months, and in reserve until the age of 38. Each year, 1,500 female soldiers are drafted into the Israel Defense Forces (IDF). Women were employed in full combat roles during the 19471949 Palestine War; incidents involving the abuse of female soldiers' corpses by Arab troops led to the Israeli cabinet's decision to withdraw women from frontline combat until 2000, when the Caracal Battalion was raised.

In 2014, the IDF appointed Oshrat Bacher as the first female commander of a combat battalion.

The most notable combat option for women is the light-infantry Caracal Battalion, in which women comprise 70 percent of the troop strength. There are two other mixed-sex infantry battalions: the Lions of Jordan Battalion and the Bardelas Battalion.[citation needed] The Oketz, an IDF canine unit, also drafts women as combat soldiers. Women are also allowed to join the Combat Intelligence Collection Corps, and to serve as search-and-rescue personnel in the IDF's Home Front Command. Women are allowed to serve as tank crews in the Border Defense Array, composed of units that guard the borders of Israel with Egypt and Jordan.

Despite being officially classified as combat soldiers, women in combat roles are not explicitly deployed into combat situations. They are expected to respond in the event a combat situation does erupt, but are not deployed to areas where there is a high risk of combat. The three mixed-sex infantry battalions and female-crewed tanks are deployed to border patrol duties and security duties in the Jordan Valley, and female soldiers are barred from joining the frontline combat brigades that are deployed in the event of war.
agent-maroon
AG
Rossticus said:

Pardon me if I'm being thick, but could you explain what the specific concern is with the missing documentation and munition debris?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
First Page Last Page
Page 174 of 281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.