Israel/Hamas going at it

1,668,782 Views | 9815 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by Brother Shamus
BTHOB
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
samurai_science said:

BTHOB said:

samurai_science said:

Israel will be fine, they are still going to war

They've lost the PR/media war (as predicted). They're not going to do much more than they already are doing.
Mark this

2 weeks now…. Still getting extra super-duper ready, I guess.
2000AgPhD
Everybody seems super-antsy to kick off the ground offensive today. I think the IDF could easily wait another week until they are certain they have done as much as they can to degrade Hamas via air/artillery/special operators before sending in the boots and tracks. Don't forget they need to make sure a potential northern front is secured as well.
Bunk Moreland
Definitely Not A Cop said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

What is this in reference to?

Logos Stick
Bunk Moreland said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Q: Should Israel delay a ground offensive?

Biden: yes

Fify
Sandiaman91
AG
Put that mfer on the list…
"The goat rope continues..." -RGV AG
Old Sarge
AG
2000AgPhD said:

Everybody seems super-antsy to kick off the ground offensive today. I think the IDF could easily wait another week until they are certain they have done as much as they can to degrade Hamas via air/artillery/special operators before sending in the boots and tracks. Don't forget they need to make sure a potential northern front is secured as well.

I'm super antsy to see a wall built with the body parts of Hamas and Hezbollah members, and those that harbor, feed, or in any way facilitate their existence.
"Green" is the new RED.
nortex97
AG

Heckuva job taking it to the jews, you're doing there, Hamas.
jabberwalkie09
AG
UAS Ag
nortex97 said:

Heckuva job taking it to the jews, you're doing there, Hamas.
They need to learn to shoot straight?
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
This is all the proof I need. Israel dropping leaflets confirms they/we are the "good guys" in this conflict.

Are cluster munitions being used?
YouBet
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

This is all the proof I need. Israel dropping leaflets confirms they/we are the "good guys" in this conflict.

Boy, I would if I was Israel but then I generally don't get caught up in the differences amongst ammo since it's all designed to do one thing.
Teslag
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

For the rest of us the only proof we needed was Hamas purposely targeting civilians, including children.
No Spin Ag
Logos Stick said:

Bunk Moreland said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Fify
And my neighbor offering advice does nothing to stop me from doing what I want.

If Israel is waiting, it's because Bibi wants to wait. This is his show and call at the end of the day. Anyone else's thoughts or comments should mean nothing to him.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
BQ78
AG
You realize you're feeding them today (assuming you pay US income tax).
Old May Banker
AG
Urban warfare will not be fun... even for the far superior Israelis. They will most likely lose a ton of men. They probably want everything as "right" as they can make it before sending men into that ground operation hell. JMO.
aTmAg
AG
No Spin Ag said:

Logos Stick said:

Bunk Moreland said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Fify
And my neighbor offering advice does nothing to stop me from doing what I want.

If Israel is waiting, it's because Bibi wants to wait. This is his show and call at the end of the day. Anyone else's thoughts or comments should mean nothing to him.
Reality and what should happen are often different. We hold a LOT of sway over Israel. Otherwise Israel would have ended this thing decades ago. We could, for example, cut off all support for their American aircraft, and render their entire air force useless in short order.
Houston Lee
AG
Drones, robots and dog robot technology might make urban warfare a bit less deadly for the invading force.
Old Sarge
AG
BQ78 said:

You realize you're feeding them today (assuming you pay US income tax).
I am not feeding them voluntarily.

Don't be obtuse.

"Green" is the new RED.
B-1 83
AG
nortex97 said:

Another cockroach for the IDF to exterminate.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
BQ78
AG
I don't see how that is obtuse, it's a fact and it is just insane we are feeding them while arming their enemy to kill them. Money does grow on trees.
nortex97
AG
No issue with that, I just want folks to appreciate that some sort of artificial separation in what will be the media coverage during the ground operation in Gaza between the West Bank (Fatah) and Gaza Strip (Hamas) is a distinction without a real difference in what they want to do to the jews at any cost.

https://www.aljazeera.com/features/2017/10/12/hamas-and-fatah-how-are-the-two-groups-different/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FatahHamas_conflict

Yes, they are factious and frequently mad at each other, but the truth is Israel must treat them similarly, moving forward.
Old Sarge
AG
Stop feeding them, and spend the $$$ saved on terrorist turd fuel, on more arms to the Israelis so they can build that wall bigger and higher.
"Green" is the new RED.
BQ78
AG
Agreed but Joe has to please all his constituents but in this case it is so hard it's ludicrous
D. Turner
AG
Israel was targeting a nearby Hamas command center. Unfortunately killing civilians inside a Greek Orthodox Church compound.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/10/20/world/middleeast/israel-airstrike-gaza-city.html
Not a Bot
AG
Fateh is a group within the PLO umbrella and is more secular than Hamas. Hamas wants an Islamic caliphate, Fatah wants a more secular Arab government. They both hate Israel. One side seems far more willing to die than the other, though. Fateh talks a big game like the typical machismo Arab but they tend to be far less violent, although that doesn't mean they are non-violent.

A lot of the Palestinians correctly think Abbas is corrupt. So is the Hamas leadership. So is almost every leader in "Palestine."

Neither Hamas nor Fateh truly wants a two-state solution because in that case a lot of the foreign aid will dry up. Their leadership wants the conflict to continue so they can continue to exploit it.
deddog
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

Rossticus said:

Ummm Russia isn't coming to help. They don't give a **** about palestine and would just as soon drop chlorine and napalm on them if it served their interest.

They've also got more than enough special military operations on their hands to keep them busy. I don't think they can handle another one with the likes of Israel.

Russia? Why do they need Russia? Isn't that the whole point of voting Hamas? Or is Hamas only good for murdering infants and women
BBRex
AG
There are unbelievable amounts of crazy propaganda that get passed around in that part of the world. Who knows what the people have been told about how Russia might intervene?
aggiehawg
AG

Okay, there you go. There's your aid to Gaza.

Now light this sucker off!
aggiehawg
AG
Swollen Thumb
AG
aggiehawg said:

Okay, there you go. There's your aid to Gaza.

Now light this sucker off!

Anyone think the main purpose of this convoy isn't so much to get aid in, but likely to smuggle certain people out?
aggiehawg
AG
Maybe. I just hope it is not weapons. Though I wouldn't put it past the UN.
10andBOUNCE
AG
One bad ass lady. These Israeli women are no joke.

Cliff.Booth
Ok that's it, if they're not going in, I am.
deddog
AG
Remember how long the Coalition bombed the shi$ out of the Iraqis?
When the ground troops went in, the enemy surrendered in droves because their morale had been shattered.

I think Israel is hoping for the same thing here.
aggiehawg
AG
I guess the IDF has really shut down all internet connections in Gaza. Zero feeds I could find the last two days.
First Page Last Page
Page 173 of 281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.