Israel/Hamas going at it

1,671,234 Views | 9829 Replies | Last: 10 min ago by aggiehawg
zgolfz85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Israel should just force all refugees to south Gaza while they level north Gaza and then force them all north in order to level south Gaza...rinse and repeat
LMCane
Remembering the 1300 slain by the evil terrorists:

Shai Regev, 25, a gossip reporter, was murdered by Hamas terrorists at the Supernova music festival near Re'im on October 7.

Regev worked as an editor for TMI, the gossip and entertainment news section of the Ma'ariv newspaper.

"The cursed terrorists, animals, destroyed the life of our Shai talented, creative and full of love," said Ma'ariv editor-in-chief Golan Bar-Yosef in a statement. "We will always remember your magical smile."

Noa Rachamim, a good friend of Regev who also worked as a TMI editor, said the staff "is struggling to accept and absorb this horrible news about the death of our Shai, who was a major pillar of all TMI activities and our success… today we lost not just a dedicated professional but also a real friend and a huge light, whose loss we will feel with every word and letter we write."

Regev's final byline on TMI was on a story about Bruno Mars, the pop singer who performed in Israel just days before the Hamas massacre and was forced to cancel his sold-out Tel Aviv show planned for the evening of the attack.
javajaws
AG
zgolfz85 said:

Israel should just force all refugees to south Gaza while they level north Gaza and then force them all north in order to level south Gaza...rinse and repeat
What IS their strategy here? Why ask people to go to South Gaza? Are they just going to invade half and call it a day? I think it's gotta be to put pressure on Egypt to let them through so they can eventually force them all out. If not that, then what's the point?
LMCane
zgolfz85 said:

this is what I discussed a few days ago-

just keep moving the population around and demolish the empty areas behind them. then move the civilians back into the destroyed areas.

rinse and repeat.

Israel cares more about the lives of the Palestinian civilians than Hamas does!
richardag
Or allowing the blame to be placed directly on Hammas while trying to escape the fact that Hammas is their proxy.
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
LMCane
javajaws said:

zgolfz85 said:

What IS their strategy here? Why ask people to go to South Gaza? Are they just going to invade half and call it a day? I think it's gotta be to put pressure on Egypt to let them through so they can eventually force them all out. If not that, then what's the point?
Egypt will NEVER do that

it really is an attempt to clear out Gaza City and points north for the inevitable ground invasion by the IDF.

that is the head of the snake for Hamas in the Strip.
zgolfz85
AG
javajaws said:

zgolfz85 said:

to save refugee lives. that's the only point. this is in theory to open up a battle directly with Hamas void of civilians...but Hamas isn't cooperating of course and many of the civilians are too scared or too brainwashed to move
deddog
AG
javajaws said:

zgolfz85 said:

To force Hamas' hand

Hamas could mingle with the refugees and move south. But that would cause them to lose face - They didn't stand up to the invader, and let all the houses be destroyed for nothing.

Tactically, Gaza is going to be difficult - Lots of rubble (great for guerilla attacks) and a bunch of Hamas holed up in bunkers and tunnels with potential hostages

The Israelis need an all clear for air attacks and blowing up buildings without worrying about collateral damage.
GeorgiAg
AG
Uh oh.

CDUB98
AG
Well, that's not good if true.
RK
AG
I feel like that same basic thing has been "reported" for the last few days (or a week).
GeorgiAg
AG
Post removed:
by user
PJYoung
AG
CDUB98
AG
PJYoung said:

HOLY CRAP!!

I didn't know that was even physically possible.
GeorgiAg
AG
PJYoung said:

A lot of these out there.

NukeAg10
AG
Doesn't look like an F-18. F-35? I've seen a lot of 18s, but I'm not big on jet knowledge.
GAC06
AG
F-22
P.H. Dexippus
AG
F-22 with thrust vectoring.
Artorias
AG
NukeAg10 said:

Doesn't look like an F-18. F-35? I've seen a lot of 18s, but I'm not big on jet knowledge.
Pretty sure that is a 35

nvm, already answered
NukeAg10
AG
Thanks. Didn't look like a navy plane.
Pinochet
Bregxit said:

Over/under 70 minutes before that guy backtracks on his statement.

My earlier comment got deleted but if I wanted to release propaganda I would do it through him. He rarely subtweets or cites sources. He makes you think it's "open source" but that just means a rumor in a lot of cases. If you could point to a couple twitter accounts it would be like the Russia stuff - confirmed by "multiple sources" but really all coming from one place.
javajaws
AG
deddog said:

javajaws said:

zgolfz85 said:

To force Hamas' hand

Hamas could mingle with the refugees and move south. But that would cause them to lose face - They didn't stand up to the invader, and let all the houses be destroyed for nothing.

Tactically, Gaza is going to be difficult - Lots of rubble (great for guerilla attacks) and a bunch of Hamas holed up in bunkers and tunnels with potential hostages

The Israelis need an all clear for air attacks and blowing up buildings without worrying about collateral damage.
I'm not sure I buy that. They won't give Israel a fair fight and will simply fall back with the Palestinian civilians. Sure, it gives Israel the all clear to turn the northern half into rubble - but does that really get rid of Hamas or does it make their strength and support (long term) within Gaza even stronger?
aTmAg
AG
javajaws said:

Egypt won't open the border because they care more about increasing the pressure against Israel instead of helping the Palestinian people. They also know if they let the Palestinians into Egypt that Israel will force them all out and never let them return.

But it boggles my mind why nobody calls them out on this BS.
Letting Palestinians into your country is like nuking yourself. I can see why nobody wants them. They don't even want themselves.
LMCane
javajaws said:

Egypt won't open the border because they care more about increasing the pressure against Israel instead of helping the Palestinian people. They also know if they let the Palestinians into Egypt that Israel will force them all out and never let them return.

But it boggles my mind why nobody calls them out on this BS.
I disagree with this

Egypt is not trying to pressure Israel here.

Egypt has for decades had a large problem with Al Quead / ISIS in the Sinai Desert. they literally had a Muslim Brotherhood President who took power after Mubarak was deposed

the last thing Cairo wants is more fanatical Muslim fundamentalists who would be just as much a threat to them as to Israel.
JobSecurity
AG
Pinochet
He will correct this within 12 hours.
aggiehawg
AG
Reporting on FNC right now that American troops are being told to get ready to deploy, if needed to protect Israel.
Desert Ag
AG
PJYoung said:

The F-22 is a beautiful bird that we've kept all to ourselves.
NukeAg10
AG
Not surprising.

I was on deployment earlier this year, and we were told to expect an extension bc of the deal with Americans getting killed in Syria. Standard practice. We still got back home within 10 days of expected arrival.
JobSecurity
AG
correct what?
aggiehawg
AG
Oh, okay. Thanks for that elaboration.
Bubblez
At least he is using the Jerusalem Post as the source this time around
NukeAg10
AG
No problem. That doesn't mean **** won't go down, but it's more of a pre-emptive deal for the sailors/marines.
aggiehawg
AG
NukeAg10 said:

No problem. That doesn't mean **** won't go down, but it's more of a pre-emptive deal for the sailors/marines.
Speaking of Marines, the 26th Expeditiary Force cut off exercises with the Kuwaitis and were quickly called back from shore leave, heading into the Arabian See with their amphibious landing craft as reported several days ago.

Since then, radio silence on what they are doing and where they are. If they were heading to the Med via the Suez Canal, would they have been there by now?
First Page Last Page
Page 145 of 281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.