Israel/Hamas going at it

1,675,348 Views | 9831 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by aggiehawg
richardag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Deported immediately
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Audio appears to be gone
EskimoJoe
Player To Be Named Later said:

France has been killing terrorists in Africa on the down low for awhile now. Their spec forces are pretty squared away and have been handling business.

Everyone jokes about them, but the ironic thing is they're now a whole lot more serious than Germany

My, how the turntables have turned...
aTmAg
AG
Saw a video on Reddit of Hamas rockets exploding in their underground tunnels. Hadn't seen it here yet (or missed it):

https://reddit.com/r/telaviv/s/G3fXURjcWT
aTmAg
AG
EskimoJoe said:

Player To Be Named Later said:

France has been killing terrorists in Africa on the down low for awhile now. Their spec forces are pretty squared away and have been handling business.

Everyone jokes about them, but the ironic thing is they're now a whole lot more serious than Germany

My, how the turntables have turned...
Germany has been a joke for a long time. They screwed up the Olympic attack and then let go the terrorists they did capture.
Houston Lee
AG
All 4 cams of the live feed are off. The ground assault must be launching.
XXXVII
Godspeed to the Israelis
DeSantis 2024

FJB, FJB, FJB, etc
EX TEXASEX
I don't know if they have released the destination yet. Might go to the Persian Gulf so they are close to Iran to bomb the crap out of them/destroy their air force!
Tailgate88
AG
Houston Lee said:

All 4 cams of the live feed are off. The ground assault must be launching.

They said they were going to cut the Internet …
deddog
AG

Appears to be live
C@LAg
They need to whip of the Ark of the Covenant and march through Gaza.

BaitShack
AG
Small arms fire.
C@LAg
damn woodpeckers in gaza.
TAMUallen
AG
The lack of audio on audionix scared me... the large amount of small arm fire on InquizeX scared me more

Either they're adding in fake audio or thousands of rounds are going off by the minute
HowdyTAMU
AG
Small gun fight going off
Pinochet
British rebuttal of the proportionality argument:
https://reddit.com/r/telaviv/s/bIOHKbaNYm

TAMUallen
AG
Now it's "quiet" again. Gosh I'd hate to be fighting in this
C@LAg
especially since everyone is waiting on the ground offensive to start.

this is all just "foreplay" and softening them up.

JDUB08AG
AG
Pinochet said:

British rebuttal of the proportionality argument:
https://reddit.com/r/telaviv/s/bIOHKbaNYm

That was an awesome response
Bill Clinternet
AG
The Palestinians have never missed an opportunity to miss an opportunity. This goes back to the Peel Commission in 1937. The original offer was overwhelmingly in favor of the Palestinians. They rejected this offer. In 1947 the UN partition plan was less generous to the Palestinians but still less generous to the Jewish people. The Jews once again accepted the offer and the Palestinians rejected. The 1948 war started when the British left the area, and the resulting peace led to a mass migration of palestinians and the ceding of land to Israel. The Palestinians chose to not support the new state of Israel and it ended in all of these people becoming refugees. Fast forward twenty years and after the 1967 war which the Israelis won quickly and handily, the UN passed resolution 242 which would have handed the Palestinians their own state. The PLO rejected this proposal (recently formed in the early 1960's). It wasn't until the 1970's after the assimilation of many Arabs and the occurrence of another aliyah of homecoming for more ashkenazim that the PLO finally showed support for a two state solution. This proposal based upon 70 percent less land than the original offer. It was too late. I don't want to discuss Arafat as he makes me sick to my stomach. Fast forward to today. They now have Gaza, the West Bank and false hope. Had they been smart from the beginning we would not be having this dialogue. Had they taken an opportunity to NOT miss a great one they would be better off and we might have two secular democracies in the area.
"I am neither an Athenian nor a Greek, but a citizen of the world"-Plato, attributed to Socrates, Theaetetus-
TAMUallen
AG
Inquizex feed freaking blows. If they open and close the screen porch door is sounds like an Armageddon.

Any other half way decent feeds?
Rapier108

"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
C@LAg
TAMUallen said:

Inquizex feed freaking blows. If they open and close the screen porch door is sounds like an Armageddon.

Any other half way decent feeds?
I am sorry the sounds of our righteous war for justice are disturbing you.....

- Israel
JB!98
AG
Wow, that storm moving in off the sea in Ashdod was awesome. Crazy how that just hit all at once.
Today, unfortunately, many Americans have good reason to fear that they will be victimized if they are unable to protect themselves. And today, no less than in 1791, the Second Amendment guarantees their right to do so. - Justice Samuel Alito 2022
nortex97
AG

Just look at what shows up at their 'protest' marches or listen to Tlaib.

Or listen to them:

doubledog
Send them to Sudan.. Place could not get any worse.
nortex97
AG
Note that water pipes can't be provided to Hamas because they use them to make missiles/rockets.

Very interesting:

Quote:

Iron Beam, officially Magen or "Light Shield," is a directed-energy weapon air defense system unveiled at the Singapore Airshow on February 11, 2014, by Israeli defense contractor Rafael Advanced Defense Systems. The system is designed to destroy short-range projectiles too close for the Iron Dome system to intercept effectively. It has a range of up to 7 km (4.3 mi) and can also target unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs). Iron Beam will be the sixth element of Israel's integrated missile defense system, along with Arrow 2, Arrow 3, David's Sling, and Iron Dome.

Iron Beam uses a fiber laser to destroy an airborne target. It can operate as a stand-alone system or with external cueing as part of an air-defense system. A threat is detected by a surveillance system and tracked by vehicle platforms to engage. The main advantages of using a directed energy weaponover conventional missile interceptors are lower costs per shot, unlimited firings, lower operational costs, and less manpower. There is also no interceptor debris to fall on the protected area.

In 2016, laser power levels were reported to be "tens of kilowatts." A 2020 report said that Iron Beam was thought to have a maximum effective range of up to 7 km and could destroy missiles, UAVs (drones), and mortar shells around four seconds after the twin high-energy fiber-optic lasers made contact with their target. By 2023, energy levels could reach 100 kW or more, and the system could focus a beam to the diameter of a coin at a distance of 10 km (6.2 mi).

I don't know much about this stuff but it all sure sounds pretty cool. Supposedly gets 'intercept' costs down to a couple bucks a shot. A layered air defense system is of course what they really need, and I guess this is their short range component, if it works, and could avoid depletion of the missile interceptors.
rononeill
That's pretty cool tech- once the navy gets them, they can strap those gizmos to some sharks and really wreck shop.
JJxvi
AG
"Iron Beam?" I hope that nickname sounds better in hebrew.
aTmAg
AG
I wonder how quickly they can aim it. If it's using mechanical motors, then I can see it easily getting overwhelmed by a lot of projectiles. That can only turn so fast.
nortex97
AG
I think it's mechanically aimed, yes. Generally speaking, air defense systems 'gear' toward a given direction (logically of course, this includes the Gaza Strip and Lebanon/golan heights on the north).

He gets around to a reasonable discussion of this about halfway into this (from a year ago). Note that I think it has to hold onto a target for around 4-5 seconds to destroy/melt enough to deflect it etc. WSJ take:

aTmAg
AG
4-5 seconds EACH? Wow.. that seems rather useless. They are going to need hundreds of those things or more.
ArbAg
AG
aTmAg said:

4-5 seconds EACH? Wow.. that seems rather useless. They are going to need hundreds of those things or more.

Doubt that, as I understand it, it's a rapid fire laser system that can fire several times a minute.
aTmAg
AG
ArbAg said:

aTmAg said:

Doubt that, as I understand it, it's a rapid fire laser system that can fire several times a minute.
Several times a minute is not fast at all. Hamas is firing hundreds of rockets at a time.

AESA radar was such a revolution because it didn't need to be mechanically moved. It electronically aims the beam using a phased array. Mirrors can be used to quickishly move the beam, but if it has to stay on each target for 4-5 seconds at a time, then that means it could only shoot down 10-15 rockets per minute.
JobSecurity
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 139 of 281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.