Israel/Hamas going at it

1,660,683 Views | 9798 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Trigon Jin
Nitro Power
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I get what you are saying, but most here (I think), are speaking metaphorically. They are going to try and kill every terrorist, however many that might be.
torrid
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Listening to npr this morning.....unsurprisingly more pro Palestinian and neutral, at best, on Israel
Heard this on NPR yesterday - "So the Hamas terrorists, as the US government calls them..."
Who?mikejones!
carl spacklers hat
will25u said:

That's a start. When all of Hamas is wiped out Israel can then turn to Hezbollah and its eradication. Take no prisoners, give no quarter. That is the ONLY solution for these people.
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
Philip J Fry
AG
I'm fine if Israel decides to just wipe out that whole area.
deddog
AG
Joes said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

Joes said:

Wrec86 Ag said:

I don't think leveling the Gaza Strip to rubble and killing all men, women and children is the right answer.

Is it the emotional response? Sure, but I will never support that kind of indiscriminate killing of innocent lives.

Before anyone asks - I have no idea how to solve the problem - it's far too complicated for me to figure out. But if Israel just decides to wipe out an entire region of all civilians, that won't solve any problems in the long term. Do you think the rest of the Arab world is just going to sit by?

Christians/Jews vs Muslims/Communism would make for a really nasty World War.
I'm amazed that so many (not you, but others here) are flat out expecting exactly that to be the case. That Israeli tanks and troops are going to just go in and kill every man, woman, and child they see until no one is left alive. That's just silly.

They're not going to go in and kill everyone, but they're also not going to try really hard not to.

There's also going to be a lot of people dying from a lack of water, food, and proper sanitation. Gaza is heavily urban, and Israel is cutting everything off. There's 600k people in gaza, and once they burn through what's in their pantries with no more food coming in, it's going to turn into a ****show.
Everything I've seen says there are between 2 and 3 million in the Gaza Strip.

Look, I don't have any problem with whatever Israel decides to do, I'm completely sympathetic to them. My comments are more about what's realistic to expect, not what they should do. I understand Israel's resolve and DGAF attitude in general, but there's no way they're going to kill 2-3 million people and not have the entire world (including us) stopping them.
What they are doing, it appears, is going after neighborhoods with Hamas heavy support.
A good tactic, force the folks who support Hamas to pay the price, so that Hamas doesn't get elected next time around.
Or better still, destroy Hamas so they effectively cease to exist

The problem, is that
- they are going to run out of known targets pretty soon, because Hamas would know the attack was coming
- their surprising lack of intelligence, means their forces are going to go in, with lesser intelligence than they are used to

CDUB98
AG
2wealfth Man said:

The Corporate media seems to be fixated on the hostage angle of this. It is truly horrible; but I am afraid a lot of those folks are going to be casualties in this thing. I hope they don't then flip the script on how bad Israel is for not getting every single one of them back when that ultimately plays out and this thing drags on and gets really bloody.

The mainstream, Palestinian loving media should be forced to watch EVERY SINGLE beheading that Hamas does. They must be forced to reckon with the evil they support.
Ag87H2O
AG
JobSecurity said:

All these countries are about to find out that Israel isn't screwing around with this one.

Hamas crossed the line this time and now the rules are different. When Bibi says the response will ring for generations, he meant it. Gaza is going to be obliterated until there is no Hamas left to kill.
torrid
AG
Joes said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

Joes said:

Wrec86 Ag said:

I don't think leveling the Gaza Strip to rubble and killing all men, women and children is the right answer.

Is it the emotional response? Sure, but I will never support that kind of indiscriminate killing of innocent lives.

Before anyone asks - I have no idea how to solve the problem - it's far too complicated for me to figure out. But if Israel just decides to wipe out an entire region of all civilians, that won't solve any problems in the long term. Do you think the rest of the Arab world is just going to sit by?

Christians/Jews vs Muslims/Communism would make for a really nasty World War.
I'm amazed that so many (not you, but others here) are flat out expecting exactly that to be the case. That Israeli tanks and troops are going to just go in and kill every man, woman, and child they see until no one is left alive. That's just silly.

They're not going to go in and kill everyone, but they're also not going to try really hard not to.

There's also going to be a lot of people dying from a lack of water, food, and proper sanitation. Gaza is heavily urban, and Israel is cutting everything off. There's 600k people in gaza, and once they burn through what's in their pantries with no more food coming in, it's going to turn into a ****show.
Everything I've seen says there are between 2 and 3 million in the Gaza Strip.

Look, I don't have any problem with whatever Israel decides to do, I'm completely sympathetic to them. My comments are more about what's realistic to expect, not what they should do. I understand Israel's resolve and DGAF attitude in general, but there's no way they're going to kill 2-3 million people and not have the entire world (including us) stopping them.
This is not a police operation where they go in and try to arrest the terrorists to put them on trial. It is a war, fully precipitated by Hamas.
CDUB98
AG
torrid said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Listening to npr this morning.....unsurprisingly more pro Palestinian and neutral, at best, on Israel
Heard this on NPR yesterday - "So the Hamas terrorists, as the US government calls them..."

While the bias is obvious, it is very true that one person's terrorist is another's freedom fighter.
riverrataggie
AG
2wealfth Man said:

The Corporate media seems to be fixated on the hostage angle of this. It is truly horrible; but I am afraid a lot of those folks are going to be casualties in this thing. I hope they don't then flip the script on how bad Israel is for not getting every single one of them back when that ultimately plays out and this thing drags on and gets really bloody.

The missing Americans are 99% dead at this point. It's sad but one has to assume the worst at this point.

Hamas is still declaring they will kill hostages if Israel continues the attack. That's been what now 24 hours. There are no hostages.
Nitro Power
AG
I just cannot understand. They are warning other countries that aid shipments will be destroyed. At what point have they ever said "ah we were just kidding and didn't really mean it".
JobSecurity
AG
2wealfth Man
AG
CDUB98 said:

2wealfth Man said:

The mainstream, Palestinian loving media should be forced to watch EVERY SINGLE beheading that Hamas does. They must be forced to reckon with the evil they support.
It just seems to be a parade of friends and families of hostages on FOX / CNN right now.....maybe I am wrong or tune in at the wrong times
Philip J Fry
AG
No time is a good time to watch Fox or CNN.
aTmAg
AG
Reddit has forced r/combatfootage to banned videos from the Hamas side. I guess they don't want Hamas to look bad anymore.
98Ag99Grad
AG
JobSecurity said:

Absolute pure evil. Wipe it off the face of the earth.
CDUB98
AG
You'll never get good coverage from people who've never had a hard day in their lives.

Those feminazis and beta males can't even begin to comprehend the horrors or war.

Just like we've seen from some of our resident idiots in other threads, these dumbasses view things from their weak, naive mindset that people can be reasoned with if you just show some compassion.
JobSecurity
AG
riverrataggie
AG
JobSecurity said:

And they are here in the US in great numbers.
doubledog
JobSecurity said:

Do not hitch your wagon to Hamas... They can **** up a one car funeral procession.

Just like Joe Biden...

Joes
Nitro Power said:

I get what you are saying, but most here (I think), are speaking metaphorically. They are going to try and kill every terrorist, however many that might be.
And I hope they do kill every single one. And it's a really fine line between what's a civilian and what's a terrorist over there which really complicates things even more. It's obviously not 100% of the people but when you see crowds of "civilians" cheering in the streets over dead and raped and tortured Israelis I completely get the "kill em all" emotions because I feel it, too.

I have no idea what the permanent solution will be. I don't think there is one. No matter what we've all seen this week killing every Muslim on the planet is obviously not going to happen. So in spite of the "never again" words I think realistically there will be a next time. Again and again. All they can do is try to make it a long way off.

CoppellAg93
AG
98Ag99Grad said:

JobSecurity said:

Absolute pure evil. Wipe it off the face of the earth.
Bret Baier just reported this and said some of the babies had been beheaded,

You could hear Dana Perino whimpering in the background.

Absolutely disgusting - turn the whole place to glass !!
aTmAg
AG
I assume that they want to be able to use the land in Gaza after the Palestinians are wiped out.
deddog
AG

Feed just showed a whole bunch of new rockets being launched from Gaza
Harry Stone
AG
JobSecurity said:

jordan is in a pickle. They don't want war with Israel but the Queen of Jordan is Palestinian.
fc2112
Too bad Hamas has regularly used humanitarian supply trucks to import weaponry. Once again, no one to blame but themselves.
CDUB98
AG
deddog said:

Feed just showed a whole bunch of new rockets being launched from Gaza

Always a good idea to give away your position.
CDUB98
AG
Harry Stone said:

JobSecurity said:

jordan is in a pickle. They don't want war with Israel but the Queen of Jordan is Palestinian.

Don't forget that the Jordanians kicked the Palestinians out of Jordan many decades ago.
Bag
AG
Harry Stone said:

JobSecurity said:

she is also an absolute smokeshow

riverrataggie
AG
Joes said:

Nitro Power said:

And I hope they do kill every single one. And it's a really fine line between what's a civilian and what's a terrorist over there which really complicates things even more. It's obviously not 100% of the people but when you see crowds of "civilians" cheering in the streets over dead and raped and tortured Israelis I completely get the "kill em all" emotions because I feel it, too.

I have no idea what the permanent solution will be. I don't think there is one. No matter what we've all seen this week killing every Muslim on the planet is obviously not going to happen. So in spite of the "never again" words I think realistically there will be a next time. Again and again. All they can do is try to make it a long way off.

I pray for peace of the Israeli people and soldiers for what they are about to do. Israel is a small country and likely a large percentage of the families there are directly impacted by this. Seeing the videos of babies murdered, women raped, slaughtered families. I couldn't imagine how a soldier would hold anything back. Their psyche, we just can't really put ourselves in their shoes. Just hope for them it's swift and just, and they can find peace once it's over.

For Hamas and Palenstine. I hope it's painful and burn in hell.
Harry Stone
AG
Bag said:

Harry Stone said:

JobSecurity said:

she is also an absolute smokeshow

Definitely hottest queen on earth.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
How long until the liberals start calling to bring "those poor Palestinians" over here. I'm sure the current administration would love nothing more than to bring more "cultural enrichment" to some red state.
one safe place
TxSquarebody said:

45-70Ag said:

The way it's scattered, more likely a munitions supply containing phosphorus was hit. Either way, if I'm Israel, I don't give a crap about a rule book. Fight to win.
Correct. They are not dealing with human beings anyway.
Joes
Hubert J. Farnsworth said:

How long until the liberals start calling to bring "those poor Palestinians" over here. I'm sure the current administration would love nothing more than to bring more "cultural enrichment" to some red state.
Oh there will definitely be some level of that pretty soon.
First Page Last Page
Page 54 of 280

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.