Israel/Hamas going at it

1,665,357 Views | 9812 Replies | Last: 16 hrs ago by AlaskanAg99
CDUB98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
will25u said:

Oh no, anyway /gif
Who?mikejones!
Okay. I've not seen any info anywhere suggesting the Palestinians were told to leave gaza by the Israelis.

The only thing I've seen is what I posted, with the idf giving instructions and hamas then telling Palestinians to ignore those instructions
MouthBQ98
AG
Iron dome is the name for an advanced Israeli anti-ballistic missile missile interceptor system. They shoot down rockets on dangerous trajectories with it.
Ag In Ok
AG
JobSecurity said:

At 0:08 it appears Hamas has a tank? Merkava taken from IDF and in use?
spadilly
S
Anti-taxxer said:

1. What is the "iron dome"? Can someone explain this to me like I'm a five year old?

Israel's missile defense system. Here's a good overview:

h
Anti-taxxer
AG
Thanks!
CDUB98
AG
Maybe they do, but they have three problems.

1) Can they even operate the weapons systems?
2) If they can, they'll run out of shells/amo eventually
3) They become a prime target for a guided missle
GAC06
AG
There was a report of them capturing at least one tank and apc in the very beginning of this thread
Sea Speed
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

Iron dome is the name for an advanced Israeli anti-ballistic missile missile interceptor system. They shoot down rockets on dangerous trajectories with it.

It calculates trajectory before it sends out its anti rocket munitions? I thought it just went for straight numbers, eliminating as many as it can since they often come in big bursts.
CDUB98
AG
Sea Speed said:

MouthBQ98 said:

It calculates trajectory before it sends out its anti rocket munitions? I thought it just went for straight numbers, eliminating as many as it can since they often come in big bursts.

Could be both.
Joes
japantiger said:

Wrec86 Ag said:

I don't think leveling the Gaza Strip to rubble and killing all men, women and children is the right answer.

Is it the emotional response? Sure, but I will never support that kind of indiscriminate killing of innocent lives.

Before anyone asks - I have no idea how to solve the problem - it's far too complicated for me to figure out. But if Israel just decides to wipe out an entire region of all civilians, that won't solve any problems in the long term. Do you think the rest of the Arab world is just going to sit by?

Christians/Jews vs Muslims/Communism would make for a really nasty World War.

We haven't had any trouble from the Germans or Japanese since we bombed the ever living hell out of them and leveled all their cities...worked pretty well...

"war is hell"
WT Sherman

Not that the destruction wasn't necessary, but those results have more to do with the fact that we completely rebuilt them.
Independence H-D
Speak for yourself
Nitro Power
AG
Great news

Keep up the Lord's work Israel
MouthBQ98
AG
There's not really much difference between the Palestinian propaganda symbols and a Nazi swastika at this point. The allies probably didn't want to harm the run of the mill German civilians during the Second World War, but they had empowered and enabled and supported the Nazi government and its systematic oppression and murder. Until they disavowed it utterly and we're crushingly defeated at great cost, they had to suffer the consequences of continuing to enable it during the war.
HarryJ33tamu
will25u said:

Have fun burning in hell you subhuman pieces of filth
Who?mikejones!
Anti-taxxer said:

Not to derail, but I have two questions.

1. What is the "iron dome"? Can someone explain this to me like I'm a five year old?

2. Is Jerusalem relatively untouched by the attacks?

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/09/world/iron-dome-israel-defense-explained-intl-dg/index.html
45-70Ag
AG
Yukon Cornelius
AG
"Gather together, yes, gather, O shameless nation, before the decree takes effect before the day passes away like chaff before there comes upon you the burning anger of the Lord, before there comes upon you the day of the anger of the Lord. Seek the Lord, all you humble of the land, who do his just commands; seek righteousness; seek humility; perhaps you may be hidden on the day of the anger of the Lord. For Gaza shall be deserted, and Ashkelon shall become a desolation; Ashdod's people shall be driven out at noon, and Ekron shall be uprooted."
Zephaniah 2:1-4 ESV
deddog
AG
will25u said:

I love waking up to good news.
Rot in hell mother****ers
Nitro Power
AG
Quote:

We always knew who Hamas was, and now the rest of the world does, too. Hamas is ISIS, a despicable enemy who wanted a war, and they'll get a war."

Netanyahu said terrorists are still "among us and we're working around the clock to destroy them."
"We have begun and only begun to hit Hamas," he said. "The destruction and the picture of destruction from Hamas in Gaza are just beginning. We have eliminated hundreds of terrorists and we won't stop. Anywhere which Hamas is will become destroyed. It is happening today, it will happen in the future."
At the same, Netanyahu preached patience to Israelis.

"I know we all want results. This will take time, but I assure you that at the end of our campaign, all of our enemies will know that it's a mistake to attack Israel. What we will do to our enemies in the coming days will reverberate with them for generations."

https://www.newsmax.com/world/globaltalk/israel-palestinians-live-updates/2023/10/09/id/1137614/

Sounds like the party is just getting started
CDUB98
AG
Yukon Cornelius said:

"Gather together, yes, gather, O shameless nation, before the decree takes effect before the day passes away like chaff before there comes upon you the burning anger of the Lord, before there comes upon you the day of the anger of the Lord. Seek the Lord, all you humble of the land, who do his just commands; seek righteousness; seek humility; perhaps you may be hidden on the day of the anger of the Lord. For Gaza shall be deserted, and Ashkelon shall become a desolation; Ashdod's people shall be driven out at noon, and Ekron shall be uprooted."
Zephaniah 2:1-4 ESV
deddog
AG
Ag In Ok said:

They captured a tank and other vehicles too, took them back to Gaza to display as War booty.
Who?mikejones!
deddog said:

Ag In Ok said:

They captured a tank and other vehicles too, took them back to Gaza to display as War booty.

There was a report that hamas infiltrated an Israeli military post near thr beginning and killee soldiers while they slept. It appears in the beginning hamas was able to isolate and overtake multiple idf vehicles and tanks
ABATTBQ11
AG
Joes said:

Wrec86 Ag said:

I don't think leveling the Gaza Strip to rubble and killing all men, women and children is the right answer.

Is it the emotional response? Sure, but I will never support that kind of indiscriminate killing of innocent lives.

Before anyone asks - I have no idea how to solve the problem - it's far too complicated for me to figure out. But if Israel just decides to wipe out an entire region of all civilians, that won't solve any problems in the long term. Do you think the rest of the Arab world is just going to sit by?

I'm amazed that so many (not you, but others here) are flat out expecting exactly that to be the case. That Israeli tanks and troops are going to just go in and kill every man, woman, and child they see until no one is left alive. That's just silly.

They're not going to go in and kill everyone, but they're also not going to try really hard not to.

There's also going to be a lot of people dying from a lack of water, food, and proper sanitation. Gaza is heavily urban, and Israel is cutting everything off. There's 600k people in gaza, and once they burn through what's in their pantries with no more food coming in, it's going to turn into a ****show.
45-70Ag
AG
Nitro Power
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

deddog said:

Ag In Ok said:

There was a report that hamas infiltrated an Israeli military post near thr beginning and killee soldiers while they slept. It appears in the beginning hamas was able to isolate and overtake multiple idf vehicles and tanks
There was a video of this very thing on Shapiros video released yesterday. I have to assume he vetted the authenticity prior to posting.
CDUB98
AG
Starvation and dehydration are not pleasant ways to go.

It's still difficult for me to accept that all this death and destruction will be wrought upon children as well, but war is never pretty.

There's still a tiny sliver of me that has a heart, I guess.
Nitro Power
AG
CDUB98 said:

Starvation and dehydration are not pleasant ways to go.

It's still difficult for me to accept that all this death and destruction will be wrought upon children as well, but war is never pretty.

There's still a tiny sliver of me that has a heart, I guess.
Agree

Sadly most of the children born there were born without a chance of normalcy.
He Who Shall Be Unnamed
45-70Ag said:

Which one is it???
JobSecurity
AG
Who?mikejones!
Listening to npr this morning.....unsurprisingly more pro Palestinian and neutral, at best, on Israel
CDUB98
AG
JobSecurity said:

Just obliterate the road about 50 yards in.
Joes
ABATTBQ11 said:

Joes said:

Wrec86 Ag said:

I'm amazed that so many (not you, but others here) are flat out expecting exactly that to be the case. That Israeli tanks and troops are going to just go in and kill every man, woman, and child they see until no one is left alive. That's just silly.

They're not going to go in and kill everyone, but they're also not going to try really hard not to.

There's also going to be a lot of people dying from a lack of water, food, and proper sanitation. Gaza is heavily urban, and Israel is cutting everything off. There's 600k people in gaza, and once they burn through what's in their pantries with no more food coming in, it's going to turn into a ****show.
Everything I've seen says there are between 2 and 3 million in the Gaza Strip.

Look, I don't have any problem with whatever Israel decides to do, I'm completely sympathetic to them. My comments are more about what's realistic to expect, not what they should do. I understand Israel's resolve and DGAF attitude in general, but there's no way they're going to kill 2-3 million people and not have the entire world (including us) stopping them.
deddog
AG
CDUB98 said:

Maybe they do, but they have three problems.

1) Can they even operate the weapons systems?
2) If they can, they'll run out of shells/amo eventually
3) They become a prime target for a guided missle
Yeah, they'll have limited tactical value. Its more for (very powerful) propaganda
2wealfth Man
AG
The Corporate media seems to be fixated on the hostage angle of this. It is truly horrible; but I am afraid a lot of those folks are going to be casualties in this thing. I hope they don't then flip the script on how bad Israel is for not getting every single one of them back when that ultimately plays out and this thing drags on and gets really bloody.
First Page Last Page
Page 53 of 281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.