Israel/Hamas going at it

1,665,624 Views | 9812 Replies | Last: 18 hrs ago by AlaskanAg99
tremble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

• Iraqi Refugee Aid Council (IRAC)

Uhm? Throwing the BS flag on that. Since when have Iranians cared about Iraqis?

Have you missed the last decade? Iran is heavily involved in Iraq thanks to the Shia connection
Eliminatus
AG
I can't recall Hamas doing mass kidnappings of civilians before. Spur of the moment or directed? Scale and scope aside, this attack definitely does feel different to me (just a follower and observer of conflict zone geopolitics, not an expert by any means of course). The obvious goal is provocation of Israel to act but I would eat an olive if Palestine came to that goal all alone.

Maybe the civies to deter the bombing we all know is coming? Don't kill the hostages sorta deal?

The world is, and always will be, a giant chessboard. Definitely a lot of pieces moving over the last year....
sanangelo
AG
Zergling Rush said:

GAC06 said:

Quote:

Either way, it's our stuff being used

Evidence please

Does this count? Or do we need serial number?

Quote:

Israel: US arms left in Afghanistan reach Gaza

June 17, 2023 at 11:06 am

US arms left in Afghanistan have been smuggled to the Palestinian factions in the Gaza Strip, Sama News Agency reported on Friday.
The local Palestinian news agency disclosed that Newsweek reported an unnamed senior Israeli military official confirming: "Some of the small weapons seized in Afghanistan had been spotted in the hands of Palestinian factions in the Gaza Strip."
The Israeli military official raised concerns about the "dangers" of sending advanced US and Western arms, sent to Ukraine, to: "Israel's enemies in the region, including in Iran."

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20230617-israel-us-arms-left-in-afghanistan-reach-gaza/
[url=https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20230617-israel-us-arms-left-in-afghanistan-reach-gaza/][/url]

All those congressmen funding Ukraine when you had the most incompetent and corrupt executive branch under the guise of FJB and dementia share some blame here too. Those congressmen cannot play chess. The chess is, get our country all giddy about defeating the Russians with $115 billion in used arms and Javelin shoulder-fired missiles and not look at how China and Iran (BIPOC?) will open another front in the Middle East no one was expecting.... Because D.C. is full of idiots on both sides of the asile.
San Angelo LIVE!
https://sanangelolive.com/
nortex97
AG

Get ready for it.
MarkTwain
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

• Iraqi Refugee Aid Council (IRAC)

Uhm? Throwing the BS flag on that. Since when have Iranians cared about Iraqis?
It's on the list of Iranian NGO's registered and approved by the United Nations, take it up with them.
SHELTON@TAYLOR
No Spin Ag said:

GAC06 said:

By air, land, and sea

Israel needs to find out where they did the training for this assault then take the fight to them.
IRAN, and we funded it
GAC06
AG
No way it wasn't directed imo. Not a coincidence they're doing the same thing in various different places. Plus they're already chirping about their prisoners in Israeli custody
Eliminatus
AG
It was never a question in my mind. The scenario long spoken of and has just been waiting for a tripwire, well, was tripped.

This was an absurdly obvious attempt to get Israel to act like this. Hamas is dumb but they know the reaction they will get. Airing Israeli women being taken hostage by young men of a culture known to kill, rape, and otherwise subjugate women is just the match needed for this powder keg.

Even if this does not spill over the borders, I expect this fighting to get real dirty, real quick. Which to be fair, it always has been. If 1973 was Israel's Pearl Harbor, this has to be their 9/11. Stunning analysis there I know... Big brain guy I am!
Ag In Ok
AG
Zergling Rush said:

A view from another perspective.......

1) the tower appears to have been destroyed from the ground - doesn't appear to have been hit from above
2) Israel is whacking moles from above, penetrating ordinance
3) of the innocent don't move / seek refuge immediately in Egypt, they may not survive. Hamas is woven into their infrastructure and society.
SHELTON@TAYLOR
The difference between the US and Isreal, is they don't ask for permission and hold countless meetings. This is about to be the definition of FAFO and I hope Bibi turns the strip into glass. he wont give a damn what Syria, Egypt, or any other nation thinks, and he won't stop anytime soon.
MouthBQ98
AG
The talking head guy in the embedded link that was claiming "they haven't released any of the money" and "it can only be spent on humanitarian things". Yeah, that's not how cash works.
fka ftc
Rapier108 said:

Israel is not going to use nukes in their own back yard.

Me think you are misinformed on modern "nukes".
SHELTON@TAYLOR
Eliminatus said:

It was never a question in my mind. The scenario long spoken of and has just been waiting for a tripwire, well, was tripped.

This was an absurdly obvious attempt to get Israel to act like this. Hamas is dumb but they know the reaction they will get. Airing Israeli women being taken hostage by young men of a culture known to kill, rape, and otherwise subjugate women is just the match needed for this powder keg.

Even if this does not spill over the borders, I expect this fighting to get real dirty, real quick. Which to be fair, it always has been. If 1973 was Israel's Pearl Harbor, this has to be their 9/11. Stunning analysis there I know... Big brain guy I am!
Id say its pretty spot on, and they wont be wasting any time getting medieval
Raiderjay
MouthBQ98 said:

The talking head guy in the embedded link that was claiming "they haven't released any of the money" and "it can only be spent on humanitarian things". Yeah, that's not how cash works.
Eliminatus
AG
GAC06 said:

No way it wasn't directed imo. Not a coincidence they're doing the same thing in various different places. Plus they're already chirping about their prisoners in Israeli custody
Same conclusion as you honestly. Just figured I'd leave room for discussion.

I just don't see how Israel can truly act in a meaningful manner without already treating those hostages as dead or otherwise forever lost. ****, I truly feel so terrible for them. Being held hostage as a young woman by young Muslim terrorists is something I don't even want to think about.
Gradaggie05
AG
Some of y'all aren't old enough to remember. But these are the same people who hijacked a cruise ship and tossed a wheelchair-bound elderly man overboard.

Are the Israelis our besties? No. Are they transactional hustlers who will keep taking advantage of the US and our evangelical Christians while oppressing Christians in their own country? Yep.

Got the worst customer service in the Middle East? Check. Make New Yorkers seem personable and friendly? Absolutely.

But they don't throw old men in wheel chairs off of cruise ships.
nortex97
AG
SHELTON@TAYLOR said:

The difference between the US and Isreal, is they don't ask for permission and hold countless meetings. This is about to be the definition of FAFO and I hope Bibi turns the strip into glass. he wont give a damn what Syria, Egypt, or any other nation thinks, and he won't stop anytime soon.
It's more complicated than that though. Israeli politics despite the pandering propaganda have largely been dominated by their left wing "co-exist" equivalents the past 20 years. The intent of the evil and warfare the past 24 hours has been to shift that. Which, to be fair, it has. Hamas/Iran aren't stupid.

Politics in the Middle East are largely extreme statements and then a Venn diagram of alliances/beneficiaries/enemies.
MouthBQ98
AG
I'm just tired of the **** from Hamas and Palestine. They are faithless to deal with. I am fine with just about whatever the Israelis do to deal with the problem this side of carpet bombing Gaza flat. Tolerance has limits.
fka ftc
MouthBQ98 said:

I hate to break it to you, but war is a sad human condition, and we are THE global military and economic superpower, and the outcomes of many wars will affect our national interests, so we might as well make it come out in our interests. We can debate when and how to do that, but we can't always avoid involvement because doing so WILL bring them to us more directly eventually.

If we are so badarse global military and economic power, then this war never erupts. That is the cold hard truth.

To say we have to fund or assist in waging war in far off places to pretty bad things at home is a terribly myopic view. Bad things are happening at home because we continually fund and focus on these foreign conflicts vs fighting battles at home like the culture, fentanyl, open borders and utter corruption that is the left.
BD88
AG
SHELTON@TAYLOR said:

Eliminatus said:

Id say its pretty spot on, and they wont be wasting any time getting medieval
Rapier108
fka ftc said:

Rapier108 said:

You have no idea what I know about nukes, but it is more than almost everyone here.

But given how wrong you are on almost everything, feel free to live in your lack of understanding about nuclear weapons.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
MouthBQ98
AG
We need to do what is on our interests, and that is usually manipulation of conflicts to ends better for us. That means picking a side directly or indirectly, since they often affect our economic future or geopolitical power. We need not be involved in every conflict of course, but key ones that involve a strategic political or economic interest should get our attention.
Raiderjay
Can you imagine what these feral beasts are doing to the captured women and children?? I would tell everyone you have 24 hrs to get out of Gaza, and then roll tanks and troops through Gaza kill every man left and leave it rubble and ashes….
Faustus
Eliminatus said:

Yeah, Hamas touched up Israel like it hadn't been in decades, and the crushing response against terrorists embedded in the local population will necessarily entail collateral damage further radicalizing the the populous.

Hamas can count this as a win no matter how overwhelming the response, which they're counting on and deliberately provoked. Going to have to walk back my initial post that this never goes well for the Palestinian terrorists.
Hogties
AG
From an Israeli military perspective, the hostages are already dead. The first casualties of the second Yom Kippur War. They will go all in on destroying Gaza and that will likely lead to a wider regional conflict. I actually think that was the strategy of Hamas. Like kamikazes thinking they can win a war with their sacrifice.

They didn't just poke the bear, they killed one of her cubs and are dancing around in the cub skin. Israel will not be restrained in their response.
MaroonStain
AG
Remember Iran had a drone shot down with US troops on the ground in Syria like 2 weeks ago....
sanangelo
AG
Rapier108 said:

fka ftc said:

Rapier108 said:

You have no idea what I know about nukes, but it is more than almost everyone here.

But given how wrong you are on almost everything, feel free to live in your lack of understanding about nuclear weapons.
Did former President Donald Trump also brief you on the capabilities of our submarines?
San Angelo LIVE!
https://sanangelolive.com/
SHELTON@TAYLOR
nortex97 said:

SHELTON@TAYLOR said:

It's more complicated than that though. Israeli politics despite the pandering propaganda have largely been dominated by their left wing "co-exist" equivalents the past 20 years. The intent of the evil and warfare the past 24 hours has been to shift that. Which, to be fair, it has. Hamas/Iran aren't stupid.

Politics in the Middle East are largely extreme statements and then a Venn diagram of alliances/beneficiaries/enemies.
Im not disputing what youre saying. Im saying, that Israel is not a country who CARES AT ALL about what youre saying. They will make absolute glass out of the strip and might start a war with Iran in the process and theres not a nation on the globe with the influence to stop them.
No Spin Ag
Raiderjay said:

Can you imagine what these feral beasts are doing to the captured women and children?? I would tell everyone you have 24 hrs to get out of Gaza, and then roll tanks and troops through Gaza kill every man left and leave it rubble and ashes….

This is the way.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Ags4DaWin
When a populace is willing to die to the last man in order to win and refuses to compromise the only way to defeat them is to kill them all.
YouBet
AG
Raiderjay said:

Sounds like the plan based on tweets above.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Who would be surprised if Ukrainian "aid" had been skimmed and used to fund Hamas?
YouBet
AG
I don't understand how any of this people think there can be peace with a religion that wants everyone else subjugated, converted, or dead.

You don't let them in your country and you keep them contained.

The West is dumb.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
You can't. Human arrogance
No Spin Ag
YouBet said:

I don't understand how any of this people think there can be peace with a religion that wants everyone else subjugated, converted, or dead.

You don't let them in your country and you keep them contained.

The West is dumb.
American companies that have business with Muslim countries like Saudi Arabia, or individuals having business dealings with, or even just visiting Saudi Arabia doesn't help matters any, that's for sure.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
First Page Last Page
Page 10 of 281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.