Israel/Hamas going at it

1,667,670 Views | 9813 Replies | Last: 21 hrs ago by AtticusMatlock
TAMUallen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AgCMT said:

LMCane said:

Fake propaganda much Hamas?

and shave those hairy arms man!! disgusting.

They all look alike. Did that guy have braces?

I was thinking the same thing... I've seen that Palestinian and guess what... I know zero of them
La Bamba
AG
The ultimate FAFO note.

$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
LMCane said:

this is a very interesting video from the day the war began- this is the "Nachal" fighters brigade and one of their commanders who was killed in the battle to liberate the Gaza envelope Kibbutzim

Honest question. Am I missing something? What's interesting about that video? I don't speak Hebrew. Was it something he said? The combat video didn't reveal anything unless (again) I missed it.
CDUB98
AG

[You have been warned about derailing -- Staff]
Build It
AG
Anyone know of a Hamas most wanted list by Israel? Remember the deck of cards we had in Iraq?

These guys all left to live elsewhere in luxury. Probably in advance of this attack. Hoping Mossad finds them soon.

https://english.aawsat.com/home/article/3414056/8-hamas-islamic-jihad-leaders-leave-gaza-live-abroad
Not a Bot
AG
I don't think enough people understand there is absolutely a radical element among the Israeli population who are religious zealots who absolutely believe in violence and purging Muslims from Israeli territory. The ultra orthodox Jewish population in Israel can, have, and do use violence to get their way at times. It's a problem the Israelis have to deal with.

The problem is they do have some political clout. It's enough of a number of people to swing elections and largely these people vote for the Netanyahu-types. It's one of the reasons Israel has such a hard problem forming coalition governments that last any length of time.
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
Build It said:

Anyone know of a Hamas most wanted list by Israel? Remember the deck of cards we had in Iraq?

These guys all left to live elsewhere in luxury. Probably in advance of this attack. Hoping Mossad finds them soon.

https://english.aawsat.com/home/article/3414056/8-hamas-islamic-jihad-leaders-leave-gaza-live-abroad

I have no doubt one exists. Recall Operation Wrath of God after the '72 Olympics? They made their final kill in 1979.

This was much, much worse. All those guys are already dead, they just don't know it yet.
TAMUallen
AG
La Bamba said:

The ultimate FAFO note.

Certainly a different strategy than killing and abducting

Will that be on the MSM? Nah, ignored and then the Israelis will be portrayed as being worse than the terrorists
LMCane
$240 Worth of Pudding said:

LMCane said:

this is a very interesting video from the day the war began- this is the "Nachal" fighters brigade and one of their commanders who was killed in the battle to liberate the Gaza envelope Kibbutzim

Honest question. Am I missing something? What's interesting about that video? I don't speak Hebrew. Was it something he said? The combat video didn't reveal anything unless (again) I missed it.
the commander of this unit was killed in the counter-attack by that unit as they were trying to take the Kibbutzim back. this is one of the last moments
Bird Poo
AG
Not a Bot said:

I don't think enough people understand there is absolutely a radical element among the Israeli population who are religious zealots who absolutely believe in violence and purging Muslims from Israeli territory. The ultra orthodox Jewish population in Israel can, have, and do use violence to get their way at times. It's a problem the Israelis have to deal with.

The problem is they do have some political clout. It's enough of a number of people to swing elections and largely these people vote for the Netanyahu-types. It's one of the reasons Israel has such a hard problem forming coalition governments that last any length of time.
So these radical Jews murder civilians? Hmm, didn't know that.
Pizza
Not a Bot said:

I don't think enough people understand there is absolutely NOT a radical element among the Israeli population who have been attacked throughout history, and who absolutely believe in defending the homeland they absolutely have had a claim to for thousands of years. The ultra orthodox Jewish population in Israel can, have, and do use violence to defend themselves, because muslim aggression is a problem they & the whole world have had to deal with.

The problem is they do have some political clout. It's enough of a number of people to swing elections and largely these people vote for the Netanyahu-types who will defend Israel by any means necessary. It's one of the reasons Israel doesn't form corrupt governments that last any length of time.

FIFY since you clearly have ZERO knowledge of geopolitics in the middle east, and ZERO understanding of the geopolitical implications of Hamas & "Hersbollah" threatening Israel which happens to be the only sane democracy, and sane partner we have in the middle east.
Not a Bot
AG
Yes, particularly in the West Bank.
Not a Bot
AG
Nice non sequitur. You are conflating two different things. There's a small percentage of the Jewish population that wants strict Jewish religious rule over the country. This group makes up somewhere around 13%. The Israeli government gives them grants to have more kids and exempts them from military service. They have clashes with other Israelis and Palestinians all the time.

And please find any post I've made that diminishes the threat made by hamas, hezbollah, etc. There's no diminishing that threat.

There's also risk to diminishing the idea that some small percentage of Israeli groups have a tendency to cause problems for the Israeli government. Part of the Israeli government's job right now is to keep the population from acting on their own against Palestinians.
Athanasius
AG
TAMUallen said:

La Bamba said:

The ultimate FAFO note.

Certainly a different strategy than killing and abducting

Will that be on the MSM? Nah, ignored and then the Israelis will be portrayed as being worse than the terrorists
but why in the west bank?
Not a Bot
AG
In my opinion, probably fake and either setting up a false flag or to get the West Bank population involved. West Bank has been far more peaceful than Gaza over the last decade or so. Also possible it's some sort of fringe Israeli group acting on their own. If so it's important for the Israeli government to clamp down on those sorts of activities. Would only hurt, not help.
PJYoung
AG

Quote:

TV Globo's @RKrahenbuhl: "So, besides saying that he doesn't have confidence in these numbers, the President went further to say that innocents will die and that this is the price of the war. You also said that."

Kirby: "I have indeed."

Krhenbhl: "Don't you think this is insensitive? There's being very harsh criticism in about it. For example, the Council of American-Islamic Relations said it was deeply disturbed and call on the President to apologize. Would the President apologize?"

Kirby: "No."

Krhenbhl: "And does he regret saying something like that?"

Kirby: "What's harsh what's harsh is the way Hamas is using people as human shields. What's harsh is taking a couple of hundred hostages and leaving families and anxious, waiting and worrying to figure out where their loved ones are. What's harsh, is dropping in on a music festival and slaughtering a bunch of young people just trying to enjoy an afternoon. I could go on and on. That's what's harsh. That is what's harsh and being honest about the fact that there have been civilian casualties and that there likely will be more is being honest, because that's what war is. It's brutal. It's ugly. It's messy. I've said that before. President also said that yesterday. Doesn't mean we have to like it. And it doesn't mean that we're dismissing anyone of those casualties each and every one is a tragedy in its own right...It would be helpful if Hamas would let [Gazans] leave....We know that there are thousands waiting to leave Gaza writ large and Hamas is preventing them from doing it. That is what is harsh."
Raiderjay
I am furtherst from fan of this administration, but giving credit where it is due those responses by Biden and Kirby are spot on, great job.....
BadMoonRisin
AG
Wrong org
richardag
Not a Bot said:

Do you have any links to documented specific examples?
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.โ€
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
oysterbayAG
AG
Wow ! Ole Kirby finally used the brain that God gave him. Better late than never !
mts6175
AG
Fox reporting that we just bombed Iranian forces in Syria
Cliff.Booth
Iranian forces in Syria or an Iranian proxy in Syria?
jabberwalkie09
AG
Ag87H2O
AG

Color me shocked, but that was spot on. Kirby absolutely nailed that response.
TAMUallen
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

Not new news though
jabberwalkie09
AG
chickencoupe16
AG
TAMUallen said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Not new news though
This. We've been bombing Iranian proxies in that region since at least the early 2000s.
JobSecurity
AG
Who?mikejones!
Robert L. Peters
Do we have military bases within any other enemy nations? Don't say Turkey because they are still part of nato.
What you say, Paper Champion? I'm gonna beat you like a dog, a dog, you hear me!
GAC06
AG
Not sure what you mean by "enemy nations" but Qatar hosts both Hamas leadership and Al Udeid air base, where we've had a significant presence
Ags77
AG
Good Biden

I know he is really bad, lol, but these air strikes do send a message and I finally agree with something he did.
Gigem
Not a Bot
AG
GAC06 said:

Not sure what you mean by "enemy nations" but Qatar hosts both Hamas leadership and Al Udeid air base, where we've had a significant presence

There is no single Arab nation that can reasonably defend themselves against outside attack. All of them have to develop their own security strategies. Qatar seems to be achieving security by playing middle man for everyone.
Not a Bot
AG
Kirby is a pro. I was impressed by him during the Afghanistan withdrawal debacle as well. Did what he could to give information. No one was going to polish that turd and he didn't really try. He kept his answers focused on the military operations and not trying to defend policy.

The state department PR guy totally sucked.
LMCane
First Page Last Page
Page 183 of 281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.