11/19 in San Antonio: Gun buyback event

7,449 Views | 63 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by Breggy Popup
TxTarpon
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Woke HEB helping Liberal John "No" Courage

White liberals are the worst.[url=https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2023/09/29/gun-buyback-event-to-be-held-by-district-9-councilman/][/url]
Quote:

Gun buyback event to be held by District 9 councilman

SAN ANTONIO A North Side councilman hopes to make a dent in San Antonio's gun violence through a "voluntary weapons exchange," where people can trade their guns for H.E.B. gift cards with "no questions asked."

Councilman John Courage is organizing the Nov. 19 event through his District 9 council office, using funds from his district budget and donations.

People can bring as many as 20 unloaded weapons to the Alamodome parking lot that Sunday afternoon and, depending on the condition and type of firearm, receive between $50 and $300 worth of gift cards per weapon.

"Just drive in," Courage said. "No one's going to ask your name. No one's going to ask where you got the weapon. No one's going to ask where you live. Simple as that."
Show up with some 3d printed props and get HEB gift cards?

Quote:

More than 4,200 weapons were collected in the Houston area during four such events. Courage hopes to bag at least 500 with this exchange.
Out of a city of 2 million?
Smoke and mirrors...
Slicer97
AG
Can't "buy back" something you never owned in the first place. And this won't put a dent in San Antonio's gun violence. But that leftist slug already knew that.
Slicer97
AG
Although I might go pick up a brand new Hi Point and see if I can make a profit.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Courage is a POS runs as. Veteran but has done nothing but bring section 8 ;ghettos to the district
MookieBlaylock
AG
And what time are we setting up to buy the guns for actual cash?
mm98
AG
Slicer97 said:

Although I might go pick up a brand new Hi Point and see if I can make a profit.

Mtg at would be awesome if possible. Pay $179 each for a 9mm and get $300 in cards.

Owlagdad
Pistola>>>tortillas!
Rapier108
So called gun "buybacks" (you can't buyback something you never owned in the first place) are tier 1 virtue signaling from the left. They do nothing to prevent crime.

Most of the guns turned in are either broken or nonfunctional, but it does allow criminals to ditch a gun they've used in a crime and make some money off of it.

And the article doesn't say HEB is involved other than the gift cards the guy purchased are from HEB.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Rapier108
Slicer97 said:

You could probably find one at a pawn shop for $100 or less.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
frenchtoast
If they're serious about reducing death, have a buyback program for cars.
fixer
You know actually… you put down some beat up old Jennings, Hi Powers , and Taurus guns and your probably gonna come out ahead a bit vs grocery prices.
TxTarpon
Slicer97 said:

Can't "buy back" something you never owned in the first place. And this won't put a dent in San Antonio's gun violence. But that leftist slug already knew that.
Yep
Police Chief says this is a waste of time
TxTarpon
MookieBlaylock said:

And what time are we setting up to buy the guns for actual cash?
45 minutes before the start of the woke HEB gift card give a way.
TxTarpon
Rapier108 said:

Slicer97 said:

You could probably find one at a pawn shop for $100 or less.
Not after covid
Inflation and all
TxTarpon
frenchtoast said:

If they're serious about reducing death, have a buyback program for cars.
And Cholas
Buck Turgidson
So gun thefts are about to spike in San Antonio...
American Hardwood
AG
Mexican food in San Antonio kills more people than guns do.
Owlagdad
American Hardwood said:

Puro manteca!
Sid Farkas
AG
TxTarpon said:

Slicer97 said:

Yep
This is just a practice run for the Left's mandatory buybacks.
TxTarpon
American Hardwood said:

TxTarpon
Sid Farkas said:

TxTarpon said:

Slicer97 said:

Yep
You know it.
TxTarpon
Buck Turgidson said:

So gun thefts are about to spike in San Antonio...
Yep
Stay out of those big parking lots at night.
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
- Alfred E. Neuman
aggiez03
AG
American Hardwood said:

Stole my thunder on this one...
Get Off My Lawn
Brandon Herrera, Demolition Ranch, & Black Rifle are all in vicinity of this buy back. I'd LOVE to see them lining up to bring in fabricated, destroyed, and trash "firearms."

Herrera could find his campaign, demo could get rid of questionable items, and Mat Best would go buy a new gun. And all 3 would bank off of the videos.
Caliber
AG
I really need better criteria for the $50 to $300 range...

I can pick up $50 AR lowers, will those count as evil assault weapons for the full $300?
doubledog
All for show.. I am sure criminals will line up to sell their guns.
AggiePetro07
AG
Sid Farkas said:

TxTarpon said:

Slicer97 said:

Yep
That's when you bring the loaded guns.
AggiePetro07
AG
Get Off My Lawn said:

Brandon Herrera, Demolition Ranch, & Black Rifle are all in vicinity of this buy back. I'd LOVE to see them lining up to bring in fabricated, destroyed, and trash "firearms."

Herrera could find his campaign, demo could get rid of questionable items, and Mat Best would go buy a new gun. And all 3 would bank off of the videos.
It's cute that you think they are like the other two.
Burdizzo
AG
Caliber said:

I really need better criteria for the $50 to $300 range...

I can pick up $50 AR lowers, will those count as evil assault weapons for the full $300?

Exactly what I was thinking.
flakrat
AG
And gun theft will increase over the next month in the greater SA area
Get Off My Lawn
AggiePetro07 said:

Get Off My Lawn said:

It's cute that you think they are like the other two.
Fair. But they do love getting attention and if there's a sufficiently large gun tuber collab, I could see them playing along.
Belton Ag
AG
They should do a stolen truck buyback.
TX_COWDOC
AG
rocky the dog said:

Missing……Rocky The Dog

Last seen 9/29.

Where are you Rocky?
www.southpawprecision.com
Type 07 FFL / Class 2 SOT
Nightforce Optics Dealer
AGM Night Vision Dealer
AggieMD95
AG
A fool and his money are soon parted
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.