Youngkin to jump in the race?

2,271 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by fka ftc
P.H. Dexippus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Push for Youngkin 2024 now taking shape as donors and Rs grow alarmed. "Red Vest Retreat" Oct. 17-18 in VA Beach... Billionaire backer Peterffy assures me "money would be there." Bill Barr telling him to put his "oar in."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2023/09/28/draft-glenn-youngkin-2024-gop-donors/
The Banned
Just splits the electorate even more. If people want trump to lose the nomination, the key is less confidantes, not more. Crowded field helps trump
FL_Ag1998
AG
That's fantastic. ANOTHER alternate candidate to split the non-MAGA vote even more, thus assuring Trump will be the candidate. And that's what you'd see. The GOP simply needs less candidates right now, that's all, not more.
aggiehawg
AG
Who takes advice from Bill Barr anymore?
oldcrow91
AG
I guess the guy wants Trump.

Since only way to beat trump is to get down to one opponent.
MGS
aggiehawg said:

Sid Farkas
AG
aggiehawg said:

The TDS infected.
JobSecurity
AG
Why wouldn't he try? Half ass it and walk away with a few dozen million for the effort
LMCane
mainstream media and WashPost has been pimping this EXACT same story along with Drudge Report for months now.

August Youngkin to get in

May 2023 Youngkin may get in

May 4 Youngkin might join the race
Pookers
AG
RDS isn't getting things done for his donors so they are jumping on to their next sucker.
aggiehawg
AG
Barr has proven himself to be a complete swamp dweller and if he is in Youngkin's circle, that's reason for concern... a lot of it.
No Spin Ag
aggiehawg said:

Who knew he was still alive?
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
willtackleforfood
AG

Quote:

"After months of hearing mostly about Democratic concern about President Biden's poll numbers or his age, it's evident that a Republican panic is emerging from hibernation."
TDS is a hell of an affliction. Fun to watch though.
Artorias
AG
Way too late to get into the field at this point.
aggiehawg
AG
Artorias said:

Way too late to get into the field at this point.
I think so too. Youngkin has some name recognition but it's not countrywide. It's pretty late to make a run at the Iowa caucuses and maybe New Hampshire.
It Aint Easy Being Brown
Desantis taking on Papa Trump has been such a disaster that the establishment is bringing in youngkin....

Woof
Artorias
AG
It Aint Easy Being Brown said:

Desantis taking on Papa Trump has been such a disaster that the establishment is bringing in youngkin....

Woof
Game is far from over. Iowa and NH results could change the playing field dramatically.
fka ftc
P.H. Dexippus said:

Push for Youngkin 2024 now taking shape as donors and Rs grow alarmed. "Red Vest Retreat" Oct. 17-18 in VA Beach... Billionaire backer Peterffy assures me "money would be there." Bill Barr telling him to put his "oar in."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2023/09/28/draft-glenn-youngkin-2024-gop-donors/
I will vote for anyone who has a shining light at the tip of their wanker.

Youngkin and his peen light on the hill in 2024.

Just noticed his fart nebula, may have to reconsider.
FL_Ag1998
AG

Woof

That's weird.

And very telling.
frenchtoast
I thought Anakin slayed all of them at the temple.
B-1 83
AG
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

There's money in big donors.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
It Aint Easy Being Brown
FL_Ag1998 said:

Woof

That's weird.

And very telling.

It is telling

Trump is Ron's daddy & poor Ron can't do anything about it
fka ftc
Old McDonald
there's been grumbling from the GOP donor class about desantis failing to make a dent against trump, so they've been cozying up to people like youngkin as a last ditch effort

it's all in vain though, trump will be the candidate and continue losing until he drops dead
FL_Ag1998
AG

FL_Ag1998 said:

Woof

That's weird.

And very telling.

It is telling

Why am I not surprised you feel weird paternal felings towards Trump, nor am I surprised fka ftc would find your juvenile responses hilariously.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
One man's opinion
To me it seemed like Ron's donors wanted him to run, but Ron really didn't.
aggie93
AG

FL_Ag1998 said:

Woof

That's weird.

And very telling.

It is telling

I swear sometimes debating with Trump supporters is like going to the Rivalries Board.

As to the OP Youngkin isn't getting in, he might be DeSantis' VP though and that would put Virginia in play. He's just fun to speculate with since he is a term limited Governor from a Purple/Blue state that is a pretty solid conservative.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
dreyOO
aggiehawg said:

Exactly. Just like Karl Rove. F those guys.
amercer
AG
Can't run for reelection in Virginia, very popular without being polarizing. His best best is to wait for a couple people to drop and then throw his hat in. No reason to mingle with all the also rans.
sharpdressedman
Stopping Trump "by any means necessary" includes absurdities. Last night's **** show v2.0 has been widely critiqued as a collective failure to change the primary calculus. Maybe introducing a new face is the next desperate step.
. . .
GY is a RINO according to Don Jr.

FL_Ag1998
AG
. . . said:

GY is a RINO according to Don Jr.

Lol, Junior's post hit new levels of irony.

Junior of all people calling someone else a stooge, for starters.

Then him, a billionaire lackey son who's made his entire life sucking off his father's teat, claiming the other candidates represent the "billionaire donor class.

Finally, attacking candidates for being "bought", meanwhile he's sipping on a Bud Light as he gets another vax shot from Big Pharma before going to play a round of golf with a Saudi investor.

He sums up the Trump campaign perfectly.
halfastros81
AG
As much attention as the trumpies pay to dissing Desantis I have to think he is the one guy that actually causes them Concern. I know the polls don't indicate much reason for concern but at some point all the pretenders will drop out and then if Desantis' efforts in Iowa pay dividends it could get interesting

What pisses me off about The Trump
Approach is it's so often negative . Disrespect and laugh at your potential opponent for mostly superficial reasons rather than talk about what you did right and wrong and how you can make things better with what you have learned . I suppose they take this approach because it works but I'd like to think conservative voters are smarter than that.
Gigem314
AG
Youngkin would be wise to wait until 2028.
93MarineHorn
I hope Youngkin gets in the race, only because I went on a couple of dates with his wife a LONG time ago, many years before she met her husband. She is a class act.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.