California School Teaching That White People Have 'No Culture'

5,497 Views | 63 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Ag with kids
captkirk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Quote:

Claims that a California school told students that white people had "no culture" have sparked controversy, with a parent expressing outrage about the alleged incident.

The mother of one of the students reported the claims to the San Ramon Valley Unified School District last week, saying that her daughter was taught about white privilege during a choir class and was told by an "equity teacher" that white people have no culture.

The school district is working with an "equity teacher on special assignment," according to its website, to "interrupt any inequitable practices in school culture and curriculum and eliminate barriers to personal and academic success."

"As a parent of a choir student, having outside instruction regarding white privilege with the choir students was incredibly hurtful, demeaning, and demeaning to many students in the class," the woman said on September 12. "It not only created division and confusion between the students, but it was also incorrect information."

She added: "During this, the teacher's discussion with the class, she stated that white people had no culture and any culture that they did have was stolen. She gave inaccurate information that the students could quickly google and figure out that was wrong." She said the U.S. number one condiment is not "salsa," as the teacher apparently claimed, and that the number one American dish is hamburgers, and not "chicken tikka masala."

The mom asked for the district to investigate the incident and "rectify it." She also called for more parents' involvement in the teaching at the school district.

"It is apparent that there are things that are being taught to our children where the district or the school does not provide a necessary opt-in or opt-out form for parents," said the woman.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/california-school-teaching-that-white-people-have-no-culture-sparks-fury/ar-AA1gWuhy?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=f0fb583578de4c21808884d0730d966f&ei=13
aezmvp
How is this not just "Jews stole culture/have no culture" repackaged to white people? So tired of all that crap. Seriously just drop these people into Africa, rural India, rural China or the Amazon jungle and be done with it.
BlueSmoke
So let me get this straight the English have no culture? The Irish? Scottish? Nordic/Scandinavian countries?

I'd like to hear her answers to the question about where dreadlocks come from?
Nobody cares. Work Harder
Rapier108
aezmvp said:

How is this not just "Jews stole culture/have no culture" repackaged to white people?
It is the exact same thing.

These people spewing this would fit right in in Nazi Germany.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
tk111
AG
BlueSmoke said:

So let me get this straight the English have no culture? The Irish? Scottish? Nordic/Scandinavian countries?

I'd like to hear her answers to the question about where dreadlocks come from?
Just to reiterate how critical theory works - by both its originally developed and current design, it is never intended to disseminate fact or truth; it is, by definition, intended to disseminate whatever information is necessary to achieve a specific political/societal goal.

So there is your answer. Trying to combat this stuff with facts is an uphill battle as the purveyors firmly believe they are irrelevant.
GeorgiAg
AG
BadMoonRisin
AG
wypepo bad.

brak peeper, gud, wuz kangs.

Welcome to 2023.
techno-ag
AG
Republicans should stay out of the culture wars, concerned moderates said. It's a losing issue, they said.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

The Fife
The left is racist, water is wet. No big surprise.
zoneag
Weird how the third world non-whites only flock to white countries that "have no culture", and flee their ****holes that are apparently full of culture.

Of course I'd argue that nations who have built the most technologically advanced, prosperous and freest societies in human history have an exquisite culture. Parasites like this "teacher" who insist on destroying our society from within should be air dropped into the Congo and enjoy the "culture".
Dimebag Darrell
The absolute irony of that ridiculous claim.

Ungrateful leftist morons should be constantly thanking Western Civilization for its superior culture.

Straight up Marxist indoctrination. Relentlessly doing all they can to constantly disrupt, divide, and destroy the American fabric.
Ciboag96
My culture. Fight me.

ts5641
Yeah, that's healthy. Denigrate a particular race in the schools. That usually goes great for the culture.
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
Kiss my a$$, I'm Irish!
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Dimebag Darrell said:

The absolute irony of that ridiculous claim.

Ungrateful leftist morons should be constantly thanking Western Civilization for its superior culture.

Straight up Marxist indoctrination. Relentlessly doing all they can to constantly disrupt, divide, and destroy the American fabric.

White people should take their "lack of culture" back and watch the rest of the world deal with no cars, airplanes, indoor plumbing, computers, televisions, smart phones, air conditioning, heat, etc., etc., etc.
CDUB98
AG
You mean, that culture they are constantly trying to destroy? That one doesn't exist?
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
Also. Just because a people do not *eat spicy food* does not mean they do not have a rich heritage. I mean honestly.

What these people's issue is is that they are racist and see whiteness as monolithic whereas people who have critical thinking skills realize that skin color does not = heritage.
CDUB98
AG
Emotional Support Cobra said:

Kiss my a$$, I'm Irish!

I am CDUB98, and I support this message!!
TexasAGGIEinAR
Head on down to the Mississippi Delta and then say that with a straight face. California folks don't know because they live in a sh*thole and house the most ignorant and mentally ill people in this nation.
Hogs suck, Horns suck, everyone else I can deal with.
Rydyn
AG

Also. Just because a people do not *eat spicy food* does not mean they do not have a rich heritage.
It really just means that our food was not rotten when we ate it.
Owlagdad
techno-ag said:

Republicans should stay out of the culture wars, concerned moderates said. It's a losing issue, they said.

That's what they like for us to do, sit down and accept what they say and then call us bullies and they are always victims
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
bayareaag17
Wild seeing my old school district in the news for this. I graduated HS in 2013 and never saw anything like this. SRVUSD is in one of the more "conservative" areas of the Bay Area.
Slicer97
AG

Kiss my a$$, I'm Irish!
Drunk and given to fisticuffs because drunk ain't a culture, mick.
HumpitPuryear
AG
I have rednecks and hillbillies in my lily-white immediate family. Hell that's two cultures right there!
B-1 83
AG
I find this especially confusing during "Hispanic Heritage Month"…..
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Dimebag Darrell
My Saxon culture...

With a 1/16 dash of this...

Robert L. Peters
What is black culture in America? Is it hip hop? Is it basketball jerseys and athletic wear? What's their food culture, McDonalds' value meals? Don't give me "soul food" either…that's southern food.

Or is it the racist and idiotic amalgamation of all "African" cultures? Hint: Africa is a big continent with thousands of cultures.
What you say, Paper Champion? I'm gonna beat you like a dog, a dog, you hear me!
Dimebag Darrell
Robert L. Peters said:

What is black culture in America? Is it hip hop? Is it basketball jerseys and athletic wear? What's their food culture, McDonalds' value meals? Or is it the racist and idiotic amalgamation of all "African" cultures? Hint: Africa is a big continent with thousands of cultures.
For the most part, I would describe American "black culture" more as a degenerate counter-culture to be honest. Spend any time in just about any black community and it's apparent. Listen to what the music glorifies. Look at the crime stats, test scores, rates of fatherlessness etc. It's not a culture anyone in their right mind would want their children to embrace.

The ones (and this applies to members of all races) who embrace Western culture and traditional values tend to do very well, live above the poverty line, and have solid stable families.
No Spin Ag
Ciboag96 said:

My culture. Fight me.

This thread needs more pics like this, just so we can fully appreciate the cultures.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
torrid
AG
Not that I defend the use of an "equity teacher", but there is certainly much to be taught about different cultures and the undeniable history of racism in this country. But what the **** does any of that have to do with choir?
Ciboag96
No Spin Ag said:

Ciboag96 said:

My culture. Fight me.

This thread needs more pics like this, just so we can fully appreciate the cultures.
Yes, more culture is a good thing

Old McDonald
if white people have no culture, explain taylor swift and applebees
HarryJ33tamu
I enjoy hanging out with family, going to church, fishing, and hunting. Does that count as "white culture"?
Maroon Dawn
AG
"We JUST want to teach factual history!"

"Oktoberfest was stolen from ancient Africans!"

- Leftists defending DEI Marxism
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.