New Mexico Gov Suspends Second Amendment

19,528 Views | 193 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by torrid
Ginormus Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FAFO. Applies to voting as well.
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

The Albuquerque Police Department has arrested a fifth suspect in the drive-by shooting that killed five-year-old Galilea Samaniego. 19-year-old Sencheray Renee Hernandez was arrested on Thursday, August 24; she is the first adult to be facing charges in the case.

According to police, Hernandez was detained during the arrest of her boyfriend, Jose Luis Ramirez, who was involved in the shooting. Homicide detectives say Hernandez admitted to being in one of the vehicles during the shooting, but she denied that she fired a weapon.

Four other teens who were involved in the shooting had charges filed against them last week: 17-year-old Jose Luis Ramirez, 15-year-old Alan Ramirez (Jose's younger brother), 15-year-old Alexander Barraza, and 16-year-old Yahir Carballo. Now, all five teens have been accused of murder, conspiracy, shooting at a dwelling or occupied building, shooting at or from a motor vehicle, and unlawful taking of a motor vehicle.

Investigators say that the teens stole two Kia Souls and then drove by a trailer on Paseo del Canto Drive, shooting guns at the residence. Five-year-old Galilea Samangiego was asleep with her two sisters in a bedroom of the trailer when she was hit in the head by a bullet. Galilea was taken to a hospital, but she ultimately died.

Only adult charged in this horrific death is the 19-year-old girlfriend of one of the underage shooters.

I knew Grisham was an idiot, but how she can take the rights of the law-abiding, in response to the actions of thug car thieves and murderers who are too young to legally possess a firearm, is a quantum leap into the abyss of ignorance.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Arm yourselves and your loved ones. We get closer everyday.
I'm not sure if people genuinely believe someone is going to say, "Wow, if some people say I'm a moron for not believing this, it clearly must be true."

It's not much a persuasive argument. It really just sounds like a bunch of miniature dachshunds barking because the first one one barked when it thought it heard something.
chlavinka
AG
New Mexico is not cool.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Trial balloon and the reaction will be people buying more guns.

The future is now.
APHIS AG
Quote:

"I welcome the debate and fight about how to make New Mexicans safer," she said at a news conference, flanked by leading law enforcement officials, including the district attorney for the Albuquerque area.

When criminals start obeying the law, then this typical Democratic tactic will work.

Insanity: Repeating the same failed method over and over again hoping for a different result.

CanyonAg77
AG
What's wrong with Albuquerque?

Could it be all the gangs?
The drugs?
The illegals?
The homeless?
The unchecked crime?

No, you idiot! It's people legally carrying firearms!

Side note, I have never seen anyone open carry in ABQ, based on probably 50 trips there in the past 10 years or so.
AgBQ-00
AG
So she doesn't take her oath of office seriously. She should be removed immediately. It should be criminal to violate constitutionally protected rights
ShinerAggie
AG
Come. And. Take. It.

I grew up 20 miles from Gonzales, TX. Tell me I don't mean it.
________________________________________________________ "Citizens are deceived en masse but enlightened one at a time."
redaszag99
My cousin is a sheriff deputy in Sante Fe County

his response was

"dumb biatch this it is the law abiding citizens doing the crime"
UTExan
She needs to face court for conspiring to violate the constitutional rights of Albuquerque-ites. 1983 for public officials.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

1983 for public officials.
??????
fredfredunderscorefred
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

1983 for public officials.
??????

"Every person who, under color of any statute, ordinance, regulation, custom, or usage, of any State or Territory or the District of Columbia, subjects, or causes to be subjected, any citizen of the United States or other person within the jurisdiction thereof to the deprivation of any rights, privileges, or immunities secured by the Constitution and laws, shall be liable to the party injured in an action at law, suit in equity, or other proper proceeding for redress, except that in any action brought against a judicial officer for an act or omission taken in such officer's judicial capacity, injunctive relief shall not be granted unless a declaratory decree was violated or declaratory relief was unavailable. For the purposes of this section, any Act of Congress applicable exclusively to the District of Columbia shall be considered to be a statute of the District of Columbia."

42 USC 1983
taxpreparer
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

The Albuquerque Police Department has arrested a fifth suspect in the drive-by shooting that killed five-year-old Galilea Samaniego. 19-year-old Sencheray Renee Hernandez was arrested on Thursday, August 24; she is the first adult to be facing charges in the case.

According to police, Hernandez was detained during the arrest of her boyfriend, Jose Luis Ramirez, who was involved in the shooting. Homicide detectives say Hernandez admitted to being in one of the vehicles during the shooting, but she denied that she fired a weapon.

Four other teens who were involved in the shooting had charges filed against them last week: 17-year-old Jose Luis Ramirez, 15-year-old Alan Ramirez (Jose's younger brother), 15-year-old Alexander Barraza, and 16-year-old Yahir Carballo. Now, all five teens have been accused of murder, conspiracy, shooting at a dwelling or occupied building, shooting at or from a motor vehicle, and unlawful taking of a motor vehicle.

Investigators say that the teens stole two Kia Souls and then drove by a trailer on Paseo del Canto Drive, shooting guns at the residence. Five-year-old Galilea Samangiego was asleep with her two sisters in a bedroom of the trailer when she was hit in the head by a bullet. Galilea was taken to a hospital, but she ultimately died.

Only adult charged in this horrific death is the 19-year-old girlfriend of one of the underage shooters.

I knew Grisham was an idiot, but how she can take the rights of the law-abiding, in response to the actions of thug car thieves and murderers who are too young to legally possess a firearm, is a quantum leap into the abyss of ignorance.

These laws, and the politicians that propose them, have nothing to do with stopping gun violence and everything to do with disarming citizens.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Gov asking officers to enforce this blatantly unconstitutional bull**** like is how you're gonna end up with dead cops on the news.

But the other side of me says, if they're willing to enforce it than they're not on the correct side to begin with.
pfo
AG
Decades ago Mom built a second home in Santa Fe. Dad said to me "There's nobody here but gays and government workers".

That's not exactly true. There are also California transplants and indigenous Indians. And in 30 years I never met a single conservative voter in the group.

The only thing that might cure what's wrong with New Mexico was originally made in Los Alamos.
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
"Since 2019, Lujan Grisham has signed a raft of legislation restricting access to guns, including a 2020 "red flag" law allowing police or sheriff's deputies to ask a court to temporarily remove guns from people who might hurt themselves or others, an extension of background-check requirements to nearly all private gun sales."

But I thought these laws were supposed to fix the problem…
f burg ag
AG
TX_COWDOC said:

Lujan is a commie freak. Can't believe the fine people in Santa Fe and ABQ can't vote that crap out of office.
The fine people in Santa Fe make Austin look like a conservative Death Star.
ShinerAggie
AG
The response should be clear and unambiguous…

COME. AND. EFFING. TAKE. IT.
________________________________________________________ "Citizens are deceived en masse but enlightened one at a time."
CanyonAg77
AG
Thanks for explanation of 1983
agsalaska
AG
Ol_Ag_02 said:

Gov asking officers to enforce this blatantly unconstitutional bull**** like is how you're gonna end up with dead cops on the news.

But the other side of me says, if they're willing to enforce it than they're not on the correct side to begin with.
This is where the rubber is gonna meet the rode.
zag213004
AG
"Take the guns first, go through due process second"
rab79
AG
beanbean said:

New Mexico has went the way of Australia and Canada. Places that used to seem kind of cool whose politicians are ruining them.
you forgot New Zealand...
Old May Banker
AG
zwhag2010 said:

"Take the guns first, go through due process second"
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Come get it.

DannyDuberstein
AG
If you enforce this, you deserve whatever **** may come back your way
Jock 07
AG
Quite telling that the resident libs are avoiding this thread like the plague. They can't even think of a way to argue for this insanity.
Not Coach Jimbo
AG81 said:

Zero chance this survives a court challenge.

Doesnt matter, still got to be a tyrant with no negative reprocussions.

These people need to start being held liable for violating the constitutional rights of their constituents. They need to think twice before enacting this crap.

Perhaps make them inelgible for re-election... that would fix a lot.
Aggie Jurist
AG
This is what an insurrection looks like, not the silly Jan 6 party.
LGB
nortex97
AG
In other Lujan Grisham news, this pathetic woman just agreed to a $62K settlement for some abjectly stupid behavior sexually harassing a staffer…

GeorgiAg
AG
Jock 07 said:

Quite telling that the resident libs are avoiding this thread like the plague. They can't even think of a way to argue for this insanity.

Libs, you want me to vote for Trump? Because this is the crap that will push me to vote for that orange a-hole.
Who?mikejones!
GeorgiAg said:

Jock 07 said:

Libs, you want me to vote for Trump? Because this is the crap that will push me to vote for that orange a-hole.

This is what libs want. Even ol beto was hell yeah I'm gonna take your AR 15s.

They also want to allow abortion up to birth.

Oh, they also want to take your kids if you don't affirm their gender

I know though, orange man bad.
Who?mikejones!

This is what a real fascist looks like
Kyle Field Shade Chaser
AG
…and bad guys will keep illegally carrying guns while law abiding citizens will be kept gunless with less police, ultimately bringing a knife to a gunfight for defense.

How about just have more police to take the bad guys off the streets.
nortex97
AG
Curious how/if she plans to try to do this. I'm sure the FBI will show up to arrest her for being an insurrectionist this morning, right?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.