New Mexico Gov Suspends Second Amendment

19,513 Views | 193 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by torrid
kingj3
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://apnews.com/article/albuquerque-guns-governor-concealed-carry-fc5b4b79bf411b8022c3ad58975724d7

30 day order in Alburquerque for public health
Rapier108
Was just about to post this.

Trial run for Biden declaring gun violence to be a "public health emergency" since as the WuFlu showed, they can pretty much do anything want when claiming emergency powers.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
AG81
AG
Zero chance this survives a court challenge.
Jock 07
AG
And of course the logical question would be how much of the gun violence is perpetrated by legally licensed concealed carry or open carry permit holders? Bit of course logic goes right out the window with dumbass libs
beanbean
New Mexico has went the way of Australia and Canada. Places that used to seem kind of cool whose politicians are ruining them.
kingj3
AG
Doesn't matter if it withstands in court.

The Overton Window has shifted
Rapier108
AG81 said:

The governor pretty much admitted it won't survive. I think she just hopes it will make through the district and appellate courts and then the Supreme Court won't hear it because she will let it expire so the case would be moot.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
BlackLab
AG
This will clearly stop criminals from carrying guns.
Rapier108
beanbean said:

New Mexico has went the way of Australia and Canada. Places that used to seem kind of cool whose politicians are ruining them.
Much of New Mexico votes Republican. The problem is the two big population centers, Santa Fe and Albuquerque, are so heavily Democrat that they overwhelm the rest of the state which is rather sparsely populated.
Old May Banker
AG
F her. I absolutely will not comply with that bull*****
Kceovaisnt-
AG
I am very opposed to this move. But perhaps it could work as a case study of how much it doesn't affect criminal acts involving firearms. It could even result in an increase in violence committed by gun wielding criminals.

You think Tuco's crew cares about laws like this?
Old May Banker
AG
Always carry, everywhere.... if concealed, they don't know anyway.
Moral High Horse
CDUB98
AG
Rapier108 said:

Was just about to post this.

Trial run for Biden declaring gun violence to be a "public health emergency" since as the WuFlu showed, they can pretty much do anything want when claiming emergency powers.

This.
Fightin_Aggie
AG
Jock 07 said:

And of course the logical question would be how much of the gun violence is perpetrated by legally licensed concealed carry or open carry permit holders? Bit of course logic goes right out the window with dumbass libs

0.0%
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
TX_COWDOC
AG
Lujan is a commie freak. Can't believe the fine people in Santa Fe and ABQ can't vote that crap out of office.
www.southpawprecision.com
Type 07 FFL / Class 2 SOT
Nightforce Optics Dealer
AGM Night Vision Dealer
doubledog
The best way to reduce gun violence is to separate the guns from the criminals, by sending the criminals to jail.
nortex97
AG
AG81 said:

The goal is to start this before a 'conservative' retirement/departure from the court. They only need ONE MORE VOTE. It takes over a year to get a case to SCOTUS.
Rocky Rider
AG
TX_COWDOC said:

Lujan is a commie freak. Can't believe the fine people in Santa Fe and ABQ can't vote that crap out of office.

There might be fine people in Santa Fe, but they are minority
aggiehawg
AG
Moral High Horse said:

Saw an outtake of that scene. The pizza ending up on the roof was quite by accident, but Vince rolled with it.
samurai_science
Kceovaisnt- said:

I am very opposed to this move. But perhaps it could work as a case study of how much it doesn't affect criminal acts involving firearms. It could even result in an increase in violence committed by gun wielding criminals.

That study has been done, it's called Chicago
TAMU1990
AG
I'm sure all of those gang bangers in ABQ will comply.
itsyourboypookie
Criminals were the first to leave their guns at home, and the violence was cured
Demosthenes81
AG
Just a reminder that we are two Supreme Court appointments from losing our Constitution.
Who?mikejones!
Kceovaisnt- said:

They don't give a **** about gun violence. Lol
FCBlitz
It will be reported as law…..and the SC as extreme when they strike all laws like this down. It will a magnificent photo op.

The SC will not stop them from pushing forward.
Central Committee
AG
If I was a resident of Albuquerque, NM I believe my response would be 'go to hell.'

I am certain that none of those murdered were killed by holders of CHL.

I think in reality it is a test run for Comrade Governor to institute a broader ban.
Gigem314
AG
Criminals in ABQ be like

fredfredunderscorefred
AG
Kceovaisnt- said:

People that vote dem aren't the best at logic or reason. On any issue.
Martin Cash
AG
beanbean said:

Pizza
BlackLab said:

This will clearly stop criminals from carrying guns.

Oh ya, definitely. I'll give up my .38, 30-06, .40, and my sheety blackout compound just so I can be safe from criminals. Don't you wanna be safe too?
Catag94
AG
Wow! We have an increase in shootings, so let's suspend the law abiding public's right to carry a fire arm right now. Genius!
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

Lujan Grisham said the restrictions "are going to pose incredible challenges for me as a governor and as a state."
Good God, I hope she's challenged.

Quote:

Last month 5-year-old Galilea Samaniego was fatally shot while asleep in a motor home. Four teens entered the mobile home community in two stolen vehicles just before 6 a.m. on Aug. 13 and opened fire on the trailer, according to police. The girl was struck in the head and later died at a hospital.

The governor also cited the August shooting death in Taos County of 13-year-old Amber Archuleta. A 14-year-old boy shot and killed the girl with his father's gun while they were at his home.

So her examples for suspending legal carry outside the home are:
  • thugs in stolen cars, too young to legally carry
  • a death inside a house, also by teenagers, in a county 100 miles from Albuquerque
  • a road rage shooting, where the perps are unknown

Regarding the first and last, open and concealed carry bans don't effect it, as the shooter(s) was/were in a car.

The ban doesn't effect the second one either, as it was in a house.
CanyonAg77
AG
Central Committee said:

If I was a resident of Albuquerque, NM I believe my response would be 'go to hell.'

As a frequent visitor to ABQ, this is terrifying.

Add it to cities like Washington, D.C., on the list of places one really needs to carry....

...and can't.
CyclingAg82
AG
Moral High Horse said:

Tuco says hello...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.