Colony Ridge

8,671 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by one safe place
txaggieacct85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
C@LAg
need to drop asbestos crystals all over the property from the air.

tie it up in EPA issues for years.

hypothetically.
IndividualFreedom
Those roads were manufactured using a process called "Rolled concrete".
Gigem_94
AG
Great. Finish it up, move 'em in, then we can build a nice big wall around it.
TxTarpon
When pedo Warren Jeffs bought property in Texas, we did nothing.
When the ChiComs bought property in Texas, we did nothing.
When cheap labor fans bought property in Texas, we do nothing.

Back in the 1990s people could have done what the old Republic of Texas group did and file liens on these properties.
DrEvazanPhD
C@LAg said:

need to drop asbestos crystals napalm all over the property from the air.

tie it up in EPA issues for years.

hypothetically.
FIFY
Pantera
AG
Gigem_94 said:

Great. Finish it up, move 'em in, then we can build a nice big wall around it. give them free things and tell them who to vote for.
-democrats
Mas89
AG
And not a single traffic signal light in the entire development. One of the main roads on the current perimeter of the development has 10 traffic circles at the major intersections.
Independence H-D
Mas89 said:

And not a single traffic signal light in the entire development. One of the main roads on the current perimeter of the development has 10 traffic circles at the major intersections.

It's not likely they would pay attention to traffic signals and signs anyway. They will drive like they did at home.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
Mas89 said:

When in Rome...

410 AD
Hubert J. Farnsworth
It is unbelievable that our government allows an illegal immigrant settlement(especially one of that size) to even exist.
fka ftc
I have seen that kind of road system before in S America. They just trying to make folks feel at home.
"The absence of the word accountability is not the same as wanting no accountability" -unknown

"You can never go wrong by staying silent if there is nothing apt to say" -Walter Isaacson
fka ftc
Also, how does this development relate to what is going on? Same general area it looks like.

The Trails master-planned community coming soon to Grand Parkway, Plum Grove Road | Community Impact
"The absence of the word accountability is not the same as wanting no accountability" -unknown

"You can never go wrong by staying silent if there is nothing apt to say" -Walter Isaacson
Tea Party
The fact that an illegal immigrant settlement is out in the open and moderately publicized and there has been near zero pushback from our Texas GOP leaders shows exactly what they think about Texans and enforcing our border.

All talk and swamp politicians. Disgusting.
Learn about the Texas Nationalist Movement
https://tnm.me
Urban Ag
AG
Tea Party said:

The fact that an illegal immigrant settlement is out in the open and moderately publicized and there has been near zero pushback from our Texas GOP leaders shows exactly what they think about Texans and enforcing our border.

And how is it funded?
Mas89
AG
Completely different development. Colony Ridge and the Harris family is all on the East side of Plum Grove Road. From Hwy 99 you can't see the huge development thru the timber on Hwy 99 even though it's just a half mile off the highway.

Iirc, Castle Hill owns the timber properties directly on both sides of 99. This Trails development is West of Plum Grove road and adjacent/ North of the Hwy 99. It is on the East fork of the San Jacinto River and they hauled massive amounts of fill in where they are currently building roads and infrastructure.
fka ftc
Was interesting to me that these were going to be in somewhat close proximity to the others.

"Move to the The Trails where you children receive a multinational experience daily at their schools and in their communities through interaction with the largest colonia in Texas!"

Interesting marketing to be sure.

fka ftc
Tea Party said:

There are other large colonias in Texas that no one is paying attention to as well. Some rather large ones south of San Antone.

This one just happens to be in close proximity to civilization.

FJB24
Have Greg Abbott/Paxton etc. said anything about this insanity?
Mas89
AG
Sotero-Judges said:

Have Greg Abbott/Paxton etc. said anything about this insanity?
Yes they have. " Thank you very much for the wonderful Donation Mr. Harris "
one safe place
fka ftc said:

Also, how does this development relate to what is going on? Same general area it looks like.

The Trails master-planned community coming soon to Grand Parkway, Plum Grove Road | Community Impact
Haven't looked into this one beyond the link you posted. Although in the same general area, this appears to be geared towards regular people and actual homes being built as in most developments we have seen over the years. Model homes to tour and the like. Probably normal home financing. And Huffman ISD. Colony Ridge has skirted many of the guidelines and restrictions, is set up to attract hispanic people, and more than a few of the homes are built from scrap wood the homeowner can get his or her hands on. Mostly contract for deed financing. More geared to the type of people who have junk vehicles on cinder blocks, pit bulls chained to a 55-gallon drum doghouse, animals loose everywhere. And Cleveland ISD.

I am sure they are, but this new master-planned community (probably can't call it that any more!) should be cognizant of flooding made worse by Colony Ridge.
one safe place
fka ftc said:

Was interesting to me that these were going to be in somewhat close proximity to the others.

"Move to the The Trails where you children receive a multinational experience daily at their schools and in their communities through interaction with the largest colonia in Texas!"

Wow. That is insane. Not sure interaction with the colonia is positive in any way.
fka ftc
one safe place said:

fka ftc said:

Wow. That is insane. Not sure interaction with the colonia is positive in any way.
My bolded comment was pure sarcasm.

You hit on the main point of my post / question - seems odd to build a traditional masterplan next to a colonia.

A poster above mentioned the pine tree privacy "fencing" but I would think the communities will interact.

Flooding as you mentioned in the other post is a potential catastrophic issue. I recall a few years ago there was a thread on here about flooding in a subdivision down in the Valley in a fairly new subdivision. Do not remember all the details, but recall some suggested the developer likely followed the recommendations regarding drainage, but that other developments around it may have impacted between plan and construction.

Craziness.

one safe place
fka ftc said:

one safe place said:

fka ftc said:

My bolded comment was pure sarcasm.

You hit on the main point of my post / question - seems odd to build a traditional masterplan next to a colonia.

A poster above mentioned the pine tree privacy "fencing" but I would think the communities will interact.

Flooding as you mentioned in the other post is a potential catastrophic issue. I recall a few years ago there was a thread on here about flooding in a subdivision down in the Valley in a fairly new subdivision. Do not remember all the details, but recall some suggested the developer likely followed the recommendations regarding drainage, but that other developments around it may have impacted between plan and construction.

Craziness.
lol got you! Yeah, not sure fencing, unless topped with razor wire and electrified is going to keep them apart.

In the case of Colony Ridge, it is suspected the soil analysis was faulty (intentionally) and once the flooding started (from even a 2" rain) the complaints and lawsuits got started. Not sure where the investigation stands but apparently some of the soil analysis reports (19 as I recall) have disappeared.

Found this:

"Drainage reports for the controversial Colony Ridge development in Liberty County misrepresent soil types in a way that underestimate runoff by as much as 6X to 9X. As a consequence, the massive development's ditches and detention ponds are undersized. That contributes to downstream flooding.

In addition, virtually all of the drainage reports supplied by the county in response to my FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) request were marked "preliminary" and many were missing. The Assistant County Attorney did not explain why. She said only that she had supplied all documents "responsive to" my request that the county had."

The county engineer during all this mess had a daughter who became district attorney and I remember there being concerns that she recuse herself from the investigation.
fixer
thread bump...Dailywire has picked this up.

Inside Colony Ridge: The 'Fastest Growing Development' In The U.S. Is A Magnet For Illegal Immigrants | The Daily Wire

Dirty-8-thirty Ag
AG
TxTarpon said:

When pedo Warren Jeffs bought property in Texas, we did nothing.
When the ChiComs bought property in Texas, we did nothing.
When cheap labor fans bought property in Texas, we do nothing.

Back in the 1990s people could have done what the old Republic of Texas group did and file liens on these properties.

Malone Mitchell now owns the old FLDS compound in Schleicher County. He bought it from the government. His son in law has a military training operation out there for NATO countries to train at, just like on the Longfellow Ranch he owns around Terrell/Pecos Counties.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Cleveland ISD appreciates your tax dollar redistribution for educating the 3rd world.
gbaby23
AG
nortex97
AG
Yeah it seems like this is finally picking up some coverage on social media, anyway.

sonnysixkiller
AG
Does anyone have more info on this nightmare two locals named John Harris and Trey Harris own Colony Ridge and have given large donations to Greg Abbott and Morgan Luttrell???????
nortex97
AG
sonnysixkiller said:

Does anyone have more info on this nightmare two locals named John Harris and Trey Harris own Colony Ridge and have given large donations to Greg Abbott and Morgan Luttrell???????
These people, and Terrell's Houston, the company John and Trey own, are absolute sleaze. It's been an issue for a long time, and I am unsurprised Latrell and Abbott are happy recipients/silent about this.

https://www.terrenoshoustondemanda.com/en/

Trey in particular has been very litigious, as referenced in this townhall.com story. They've been slick with their PR, even co-opting some local law enforcement political types, but this is all going to blow up into a big story.
one safe place
sonnysixkiller said:

Trey Harris was a boxer, a middleweight I think. He is probably kin to Roy Harris (both are from Cut N Shoot) and Roy fought Floyd Patterson for the heavyweight title, and I think he also fought Sonny Liston. I think both Roy and Trey became attorneys.

This whole fiasco needs to have some sunlight shone on it. I have my doubts that will happen though due to the people involved.
sonnysixkiller
AG
Thanks to both of you what a **** show people need to flood Abbotts phone in austin and Luttrell phone at his office in magnolia
Cynic
Texas business leaders will make sure nothing happens. This is where all your road construction, roofing, building, painting, and yard crews live.
TexAgs91
AG
Gigem_94 said:

Great. Finish it up, move 'em in, then we can surround them with ICE agents and deport them to Isla de los Estados
FIFY
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.