Is the Black Vote beginning to crack?

6,080 Views | 72 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by SockStilkings
TheEternalPessimist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's polling data from Fox.... but Trump would win 1 in 5 black voters if election was today.

If that held, it would END Biden in 2024 for certain - likely flipping GA, MI, WI, and putting VA back in play.

Interesting..

Detmersdislocatedshoulder
can you imagine pandering to a group of voters that would still vote at least 80% for biden? it makes you wonder what they would have to see to change their position. embarrassing
agracer
AG
Been hearing these rumors for 20+ years. Even during Obama's 2nd run there were rumors of a 5% flip.
TxSquarebody
All of these polls and predictions are based on the false assumption that there will be no election night jackassery.
IndividualFreedom
https://ballotpedia.org/Ballot_harvesting_(ballot_collection)_laws_by_state
zoneag
No chance. Won't ever be above 10%
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Republicans need to worry about the Hispanic and Indian voting blocs. Pandering to black voters is no longer relevant nor important.
IndividualFreedom
Also, black don't crack I hear......

I do believe God is turning those that want to listen to find Him. This includes those highly pigmented folks that disagree with murdering babies and dismantling the family unit.
nortex97
AG
I find it interesting, but someone noted tiny poll sample size.

Also, I am about convinced they are gonna run Veepthroat/big mike/Oprah or someone with appropriate melatonin to pander to this vote block instead of poopy pants.
valvemonkey91
AG
I've been introduced to "reaction videos"
On YouTube. Never knew there was such a thing and am still amazed at the following/subscriber numbers these people garner. I have no idea why anyone would care enough to watch someone else react to different things. They react to all sorts of things. Music, politics, movies, etc.

EVERY video I watched with black folks watching the last GOP debate, or the Oliver Anthony song, it has been 100-% anti-democrat or anti Biden.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but if Trump gathers 20% of the black vote, and cheating is handled, it will be a landslide not seen since Reagan Mondale.
SuhrThang
I have trouble getting my head around black voters turning out in "droves".
“A drunkard’s dream if I ever did see one”
Demosthenes81
AG
What I know:

1. Black support of Republicans will continue to climb.
2. 98% of black votes will be for Democrats
3. There is no election fraud.
aggie93
AG
If you look at the internals on that poll they spoke to a handful of Black people as it was a subset of the poll, the MOE is 10% on that sample for instance and Fox already is terrible at polling.

This is just hopecasting.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
Squadron7
AG
SuhrThang said:

I have trouble getting my head around black voters turning out in "droves".

It means someone drove them to the polls.
one safe place
The black vote will still go to the democrat. My bet is well over 90%.
Texasclipper
AG
Weren't these things being said 4 years ago?
Rapier108
Saw the same thing in some of the 2020 polls.

In the end, Trump did a just slightly better with non-urban black males than Republicans had done in previous years.

Urban blacks voted for Biden in the same percentage or higher as they always do; women were nearly 100%.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
BoydCrowder13
Trump got 12% of the black vote in 2020. He did better than normal with black men but really really bad with black women (95%+ against). And black women vote in bigger numbers than black men.

It is a stupid narrative that he has these amazing numbers with black voters. Bush, Nixon, Ford and Reagan all polled better.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Trump gets more black males to vote for him than usual, but he also causes a lot more black women to go and vote against him than usual.
MemphisAg1
AG
Will believe it when I see it.
BigBrother
AG
Every election lol

gbaby23
AG
LOL. Next you guys will call them "natural conservatives"
Pinche Guero
AG
Black don't crack
Texas velvet maestro
TxSquarebody said:

All of these polls and predictions are based on the false assumption that there will be no election night jackassery.
Yeah, but what if DeSantis wins? Is he threatening enough to make them wildly cheat? Or will they give him the greenlight, show him some mercy?

If he gets cheated will he go back and say, ok now we have to fix this problem.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Texas velvet maestro said:

TxSquarebody said:

Yeah, but what if DeSantis wins? Is he threatening enough to make them wildly cheat? Or will they give him the greenlight, show him some mercy?

If he gets cheated will he go back and say, ok now we have to fix this problem.

DeSantis is the only one that has even remotely taken steps to fix the issues with mail in voting. Anybody else running on the R side has just complained and stamped their feet about it. DeSantis is changing the ones he can and exploiting the ones he can't. I haven't seen anything from another R candidate that shows they are even remotely doing the same thing. Which is why I don't think DeSantis is worried about his polling right now for the primary. Everyone else is fighting yesterday's war on today's battleground.

Now when it gets to the general, he will need to have his strategies adopted with help from the RNC, but I think he can largely even the odds with the Dem voting machine.
heavily intoxtricated
The black vote is not going to change, probably ever but certainly not in 2024.
TexAgs91
AG
So dems will have to print more ballots?
America the Beautiful
1776 - 2020
ts5641
No. We hear this every election and nothing changes.
American Hardwood
AG
heavily intoxtricated said:

The black vote is not going to change, probably ever but certainly not in 2024.
I disagree sort of. But it will take a long time at its current rate. There does seem to be a number of black people that are opening their eyes to the lies they have been told and are red-pilling on an ideological basis. But the number seems to be a trickle. It's progress, but slow.

This Trump thing should not be overvalued even if he gets 20%. A huge number it seems to me are just behind Trump for non-ideological reasons. Some because his persecution has been so ridiculously outlandish and maybe others for just being a Washington outsider. Who knows, but one thing I see with these pro-Trump black folks is that a lot of them aren't espousing conservative principles. That 20% will go back to 90+ once Trump is done. Bute a dent will be made.....
RAB87
AG
Ol_Ag_02 said:

Republicans need to worry about the Hispanic and Indian voting blocs. Pandering to black voters is no longer relevant nor important.
. This times infinity. Isn't it ironic that purple-haired Democrat groomers haven't been able to convince Asians and Hispanics that they are victims? Those races place high value on education and hard work. And they're making bank in America. Meanwhile, there is another race that has had spiraling crime, school dropouts, poverty and welfare since the 1970's - yet they just keep falling for the Democrat bait. Terrible.
PA24
AG
Rural America nor common sense black folk will not turn their back on Trump, unlike the educated elites on Texags.

P.H. Dexippus
AG
To the OP, no.
AggieUSMC
AG
I'll believe it when it actually happens.

Almost every election cycle we here about blacks and hispanics breaking for the Republicans and almost every election cycle the blacks vote at least 90% for the Dems and hispanics vote at least 60% for the Dems.
TRM
AG
TheEternalPessimist said:

It's polling data from Fox.... but Trump would win 1 in 5 black voters if election was today.

If that held, it would END Biden in 2024 for certain - likely flipping GA, MI, WI, and putting VA back in play.

Interesting..
Doubtful. Tim is wishcasting again.

Blacks make up around 11% of the electorate and whites make up around 69%(nice) of the electorate. That same poll shows Trump down 8% with white voters from where he was in 2020 - note better margin of error for whites than blacks surveyed. Trump would gain around 1.3% from blacks, but lose 5.5% from whites.

https://static.foxnews.com/foxnews.com/content/uploads/2023/08/Fox_August-11-14-2023_Complete_Cross-Tabs_August-17-Release.pdf
https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2020/10/26/what-the-2020-electorate-looks-like-by-party-race-and-ethnicity-age-education-and-religion/
https://www.pewresearch.org/politics/2021/06/30/behind-bidens-2020-victory/
BoydCrowder13
PA24 said:

Rural America nor common sense black folk will not turn their back on Trump, unlike the educated elites on Texags.

If Trump got 100% of the rural and black vote, that is a whopping 30% of the electorate. No one cares.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.