impeachment of def sec lloyd austin for afghanistan withdraw

2,702 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by fasthorse05
damiond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://thehill.com/policy/defense/4171720-cory-mills-lloyd-austin-impeachment-resolution-afghanistan-withdrawal/
it is a start and they need their comeuppance for the lives lost and the devastation they caused
flakrat
AG
Now actually do something about it other than just bloviate on the Hill.
CDUB98
AG
Wake me when something actually happens.
PLUM LOCO
AG
Hot air!
rwpag71
AG
CDUB98 said:

Wake me when something actually happens.
I'll go out on a limb and predict your rest will not be disturbed.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Hopefully it will at least get some media attention.
TexAgs91
AG
"Far-right lawmaker Rep. Cory Mills (R-Fla.)"

This pullout was heavily criticized by everyone including our allies who were blindsided.

What's far-right about him? The fact that he demands accountability after major F ups like this?
America the Beautiful
1776 - 2020
TheEternalPessimist
damiond said:

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/4171720-cory-mills-lloyd-austin-impeachment-resolution-afghanistan-withdrawal/
it is a start and they need their comeuppance for the lives lost and the devastation they caused
I have to be honest - I don't support Austin's impeachment for this..... I support Biden's impeachment for this and believe Austin carried out the orders from the WH.

In regards to the abuses soldiers are facing in regards to COVID vax discharges etc,...... I would definitely impeach him.
TheEternalPessimist
TexAgs91 said:

This pullout was heavily criticized by everyone including our allies who were blindsided.

What's far-right about him? The fact that he demands accountability after major F ups like this?
The media calls almost every republican not named Crenshaw, Romney, Murkowski, or Cornyn a "far-right" politician. Notice they never use the term "far-left" to describe AOC, Sanders, Cori Bush, etc etc....

The weaponization of language.

SpreadsheetAg
AG
Where can I read the strongly worded letter?
No Spin Ag
Funky Winkerbean said:

Hopefully it will at least get some media attention.

Is Trump no longer on the planet?

Because if he is, he seems to find a way to do, or post, something to get as much attention on him as possible. And as lazy as the media is, it's easier for them to do what he wants (i.e. talk about him) than to do any actual journalism.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
richardag
TexAgs91 said:

The use of the term "far right" appears to be commonly used to falsely associate people with the neo-Nazis/skin heads/KKK and other racist organizations. It is dishonest, unethical and dishonorable to continuely paint individuals with these labels.

edit spelling
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
jja79
AG
isn't congress on recess?
AGHouston11
AG
McConnell the Republican Senate minority leader is actually telling McCarthy to NOT impeach Joe Biden.

They will likely do nothing.

The Republicans are the problem.

Uni Party lives on
jja79
AG
Truth.
Ellis Wyatt
AGHouston11 said:

McConnell the Republican Senate minority leader is actually telling McCarthy to NOT impeach Joe Biden.

McConnell is corrupt. He needs to retire. I imagine his politics line up with Biden's almost 100%. For all the praise McConnell has gotten over Supreme Court justices, he has allowed Biden to get a record number of judges appointed. I despise him.
TexAgs91
AG
richardag said:

TexAgs91 said:

The use of the term "far right" appears to be commonly used to falsely associate people with the neo-Nazis/skin heads/KKK and other racist organizations. It is dishonest, unethical and dishonorable to continuely paint individuals with there labels.
lol the KKK was a creation of the democrats. Nazis wanted full control over their country's industries. That is the opposite of what right-wing wants. There needs to be major pushback over this. Instead people just read "Far-right", don't question it and move on.
America the Beautiful
1776 - 2020
TexAgs91
AG
AGHouston11 said:

Uni Party lives on
I keep hearing about how we don't want Trump because he's not a real republican. Someone please tell me what's so F'ing great about republicans?
America the Beautiful
1776 - 2020
NoahAg
Several military heads (and biden's) need to roll for the Afghan withdrawal. This interview can't be posted enough. Anyone who votes biden has blood on their hands.
Squadron7
AG
flakrat said:

Now actually do something about it other than just bloviate on the Hill.

And fundraise.
rocky the dog
AG
Quote:

Uni Party lives on

Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
B-1 83
AG
richardag said:

TexAgs91 said:

The use of the term "far right" appears to be commonly used to falsely associate people with the neo-Nazis/skin heads/KKK and other racist organizations. It is dishonest, unethical and dishonorable to continuely paint individuals with there labels.
Winner! Whether the Nazis/kkk/skinheads were founded by democrats is irrelevant to the conversation. They are organizations long associated (whether right or wrong) with the far right by the media, and that sticks in the minds of their target audience. Perception is often reality for the media.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
APHIS AG
Another worthless impeachment as that idiot in the White House will just put another yes man in his position.
10thYrSr
TexAgs91 said:

AGHouston11 said:

Uni Party lives on
I keep hearing about how we don't want Trump because he's not a real republican. Someone please tell me what's so F'ing great about republicans?

Nothing. They are do-nothings that grift the anti-democrat populace for donations while doing nothing when the party they belong to is getting destroyed. They aren't actually anti-democrat. They are pro-career-politician and they do a very good job of protecting their own. Imagine if they put 25 percent of that effort into protecting the people who are voting for them.
MaroonStain
AG
Theater. All theater. We are knaves paying taxes that elected overlords spend and steal. Stop paying taxes, deny the overlords.
oysterbayAG
AG
Fire Kevin McCarthy and appoint Newt Gingrich Speaker to Impeach all the incompetent clowns starting with the chief clown Biden !
10thYrSr
MaroonStain said:

Theater. All theater. We are knaves paying taxes that elected overlords spend and steal. Stop paying taxes, deny the overlords.

Yeah, we can't do that. The government is our parents and they give us "money" for doing chores. They take some of that money to pay bills. Ultimately they could do it without us, but it makes us feel involved in the whole thing. They print the money. Whether we give it back to them doesn't matter and is likely to land you in jail or killed.
mjschiller
AG
Lloyd - one of satan's minions - evil
Line Ate Member
AG
If you only impeach to remove him but then he is not charged and convicted of any crimes, dude will just mesh into the bureaucracy and have more power there.

Impeach is only effective if you are impeaching to remove and convict.
fasthorse05
TexAgs91 said:

Well, the writer has an issue with Mills caring about 13 dead Marines, 145 injured marines, and 170 dead Afghans due to a suicide bomber that WE allowed out of incarceration from Bagram AF.

Then, as the bomber approached and our sniper saw him, our State Department and Lloyd Austin refused requests 3 different times to shoot the bomber.

So yes, that makes Congressman Mills "Far-Right"!

It's always better to be progressive and allow 428 dead and injured humans than consider making a political error and piss off our activist base!

Hate is how progressives sustain themselves. Without hate, introspection begins to slip into the progressive's consciousness, threatening the progressive with the truth: that their ideas and opinions are illogical, hypocritical, dangerous, and asinine.
This is backed by data.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.