Ken Paxton - great guy

5,741 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by DD88
JWinTX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well, Paxton is getting himself into John Edwards territory…
Mulberrywildman
AG
I'm convinced now, we should only vote for democrats.

Never, ever should a republican receive a vote much less hold an office.

Happy now op? That's what you wanted, right? Some sort of weird validation from this totally contrived thread that doesn't really provide any meaningful discourse besides what you'll deem as a necessary call out for some scumbag politician?

Congrats…I guess?
Bunk Moreland
Mulberrywildman said:

I'm convinced now, we should only vote for democrats.

Never, ever should a republican receive a vote much less hold an office.

Happy now op? That's what you wanted, right? Some sort of weird validation from this totally contrived thread that doesn't really provide any meaningful discourse besides what you'll deem as a necessary call out for some scumbag politician?

Congrats…I guess?

Who said we should only vote for democrats? I've never voted for one in my life.

You seem upset that there'sa thread on a Texas politics board discussing a POS Texas politician. Why is that? Try to reply without using Dems or Libs with your answer.
Mulberrywildman
AG
You would be wrong about me being upset about Paxton being some terrible human being that is a stain on the Texas voting populace and goes against the narrative of Texas being some bastion of true conservatism.

So, try again.
GMaster0
I would say not a person that should be in office with many concerning conflicts of interest. But you know, defending this type of conduct is ok too, you reap what you sow.
BMX Bandit
weird post from Mulberrywildman
Kozmozag
Texas Republicans shooting themselves in the foot again. Maybe Republicans should give democrats some committee chairs.
twk
AG
Muy said:

Excuse me for being skeptical of the allegations.
Paxton doesn't appear to be contesting the facts. His defense apparently is that you can't impeach him for doing this under the voter forgiveness doctrine.
TxTarpon
Rapier108 said:

Still better than Biden and almost every other Democrat out there.
True that
The Shank Ag
Most of this board threw out "cheating on wife/wives" is not befitting of a public official with Trump.

Agree with all that better than the democrats, just doesn't jive with me despite voting for DJT twice.
Ag with kids
AG
Psycho Bunny said:

I thought it was a unwritten rule, once you get into politics, morality is thrown out the window.

Anyone remember Charlie "good time " Wilson. congressman of district 2. That guy knew how to party.

You're on the list buddy!!!!
Psycho Bunny
I'm just glad to be on a list.

You like me, you really really like me.
Science Denier
AG
So, we are going to impeach the most successful person in our freedom from the US government because he cheated on his wife?

Uh, OK. Didn't realize that was an impeachable offense.

How about being drunk while working at the capital.
Keller6Ag91
AG
Sea Speed said:

Cheating on your wife and presumably the mother of your children is despicable.
Yep. While I like to public policy front of Paxton, I'm of the same belief as Ross Perot "If the politician will cheat around on their spouse, they're certain do the same to their constitutents".
Gig'Em and God Bless,

JB'91
Charpie
AG
Science Denier said:

So, we are going to impeach the most successful person in our freedom from the US government because he cheated on his wife?

What?

That's not why he's being impeached. Read this article and come back with a better answer.

https://apnews.com/article/texas-attorney-general-paxton-impeachment-explainer-15f1495d045dce8d838f9937d76d48ed
Gigem314
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

I knew the thread title and text of my post would do it, but I truly appreciate all the F16 usuals crawling out of their holes so quickly to crawfish for a scumbag POS like Paxton. You couldn't draw up a more expected list of responses/defenses/whataboutisms.

And these are the same people who go on other threads and talk about every person who has ever voted Democrat as if they're scum of the earth. They can't realize they're the exact same person on the opposite side of the aisle as those they work so hard to make their mortal enemy.
Mkay. So...Joe Biden is still President...so Paxton can just go ahead and continue as AG since it's all the same and they're all the scum of the Earth.
Science Denier
AG
Charpie said:

Science Denier said:

What?

That's not why he's being impeached. Read this article and come back with a better answer.

https://apnews.com/article/texas-attorney-general-paxton-impeachment-explainer-15f1495d045dce8d838f9937d76d48ed
I know the BS behind his impeachment. I was responding specifically about the comment on him cheating ihs wife. That is not relevant.
Gigem314
AG
JWinTX said:

Well, Paxton is getting himself into John Edwards territory…
How much was his last haircut?
Muy
AG
twk said:

Muy said:

Excuse me for being skeptical of the allegations.
Paxton doesn't appear to be contesting the facts. His defense apparently is that you can't impeach him for doing this under the voter forgiveness doctrine.

This is honestly the first I've heard of this. His sweet wife Angela used to be a counselor at our kids' school in Frisco. I don't claim to know Ken, have only said hi a couple handfuls of times, but if he was doing that I'm sad for his wife and kids. Hope it's not true.
fightingfarmer09
mosdefn14 said:

Vaston?

Knew Nate when he lived in Victoria. None of this surprises me when I think back, he always seemed like a wheeler and dealer. I was shocked to see how big his ventures had gotten.
Aggie97
AG
Paxton's Attorney for the securities fraud case said if he loses the impeachment he will cut a deal and plead guilty to save his law license so he can still make a living because his political career would be toast.
Im Gipper
How would pleading guilty save his law license???

I'm Gipper
HWY6_RunsBothWays
AG

DallasAg03
AG
Aggie97 said:

Paxton's Attorney for the securities fraud case said if he loses the impeachment he will cut a deal and plead guilty to save his law license so he can still make a living because his political career would be toast.
maybe he could sell one of the 4 houses he bought while he was TX AG and his wife was private school counselor.
Aggie97
AG
Im Gipper said:

Maybe negotiate it down to some midsomener and pay a hefty fine.
DD88
AG
Aggie97 said:

Im Gipper said:

Maybe negotiate it down to some midsomener and pay a hefty fine.
I saw the movie and would definiitely NOT recommend that option.

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.