Now heat is racist... When does it stop!

6,342 Views | 89 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MouthBQ98
doubledog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-57235904

Quote:

Global heating: Study shows impact of 'climate racism' in US

Heat is racists, who would have known.
usmcbrooks
rocky the dog
AG
It's ALL ridiculous...

Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
Logos Stick
It stops when all white liberals on the planet are extinct.
93MarineHorn
The "coffee shops/businesses are too white" thing is so f'ing stupid. Blacks and browns don't want to way overpay for coffee and sit in hipster coffee shops? OH NO!!!!!!
HunterAggie
Good luck to someone saying, wishing, praying, for this to go away.

There will always be racists (no matter the divisions) but I have seen the world change in my six-decade lifetime - for the better.

It isn't like it used to be. Otherwise, explain how President Obama came be elected.
HunterAggie

The Elko Era has begun
FTA 2001
This really isn't that difficult to understand. The states/cities that are being more effected by heat waves are more likely to be states/cities with a higher than average poverty rate. Poverty effects minorities at a higher rate.
Quote:

"The temperature differences ... between lower-income neighborhoods, neighborhoods of color and their wealthier, whiter counterparts have pretty severe consequences," said Cate Mingoya-LaFortune of Groundwork USA, an environmental justice organization. "There are these really big consequences like death. ... But there's also ambient misery."

Extreme heat kills more people per year than hurricanes, tornados, flooding, etc.
Squadron7
AG
FTA 2001 said:

This really isn't that difficult to understand. The states/cities that are being more effected by heat waves are more likely to be states/cities with a higher than average poverty rate. Poverty effects minorities at a higher rate.
Quote:

"The temperature differences ... between lower-income neighborhoods, neighborhoods of color and their wealthier, whiter counterparts have pretty severe consequences," said Cate Mingoya-LaFortune of Groundwork USA, an environmental justice organization. "There are these really big consequences like death. ... But there's also ambient misery."

Extreme heat kills more people per year than hurricanes, tornados, flooding, etc.

And much less than extreme cold.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
rocky the dog said:

It's ALL ridiculous...

The people that write articles like that need to be mocked, bullied and made fun of until they never want to write another article again. Idiots like that should have no public voice whatsoever.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
new study shows that white crayons in a crayon box are racists and pushes a white supremacy agenda.
TxTarpon

Yep.
All white supremacy here

doubledog
Quote:

"The temperature differences ... between lower-income neighborhoods, neighborhoods of color and their wealthier, whiter counterparts have pretty severe consequences,"

The question is "does racism drive the temperature differences" or is it poverty and culture.
FTA 2001
Squadron7 said:

FTA 2001 said:

Quote:

Read the article I posted.
Quote:

Extreme heat is the number-one weather-related cause of death in the U.S.
FTA 2001
doubledog said:

Quote:

"The temperature differences ... between lower-income neighborhoods, neighborhoods of color and their wealthier, whiter counterparts have pretty severe consequences,"

The question is "does racism drive the temperature differences" or is it poverty and culture.
No, of course racism does not drive the temperature.

It is more expensive to move to cities with better climates. Systemic racism effects poverty, which prevents poor people from moving to better climates.
FTA 2001
TxTarpon said:

Yep.
All white supremacy here

Nothing to do with white supremacy.
BadMoonRisin
AG
FTA 2001 said:

doubledog said:

Quote:

It is more expensive to move to cities with better climates. Systemic racism effects poverty, which prevents poor people from moving to better climates.
That's not systemic racism. What you have described is supply and demand.
p_bubel
TioGallo
1. Recent heat wave temps are harder on people less likely to be able to afford air conditioning or to move to cooler climates.
2. A lot of minorities are poorer than a lot of whites
3. Therefore climate change is racist
4. outlandish claims generate click$ and view$

Why yes, yes I was in journalism.
annie88
AG
The left is both obsessed with race and racism on everything at the same time as well as constant victimization. What a horrible way to live your life.

Their lives are just unbelievably sad and petty.

It's really sick.
Jim Hogg is angry
AG
rocky the dog said:

It's ALL ridiculous...

Obligatory:

annie88
AG
And it always has been hot in the summers. Sadly, people die every year and extreme heat and extreme cold regardless of records. Every damn year this is nothing new.

The same way we had 30 to 60,000 people die every year of the flu, some very healthy, even those that had flu shots that had been out for decades, and no one cared.
But of course Covid, which was basically the flu was Weaponized as a political weapon, had about three times of this in one year. It happens.

This is nothing new. We have some years we've had records and others it doesn't. 1980 in 2011 were far worse than this summer in Texas.

And then you have bull**** propaganda like this out there you have the climate scam idiots all up in a tizzy.

It gets hot in the summer, sometimes really hot and then it cools off for the fall and it happens again. All this BS about hottest ever, so freaking what? That's just since they've been keeping track. Again, who cares?

Then it will start again when it's a cold record it never stops. Remember the two heavy snows we had in Bryan in 2001? Oh my God the worlds going to end. It didn't. And sadly yes some people froze to death. It's horrible and it's sad but it happens every year especially in the northern states.

Climate change, especially man-made, climate change does not exist. It will not affect any of us in our lifetimes or grandchildren 5-time removed lifetimes.

The climate idiots will just continue to change the deadline dates and the rules. Every freaking thing that Al Gore has claimed is going to happen didn't. They're al liars just to gain control and take peoples money. And the gullible people keep falling for it.

FTA 2001
BadMoonRisin said:

FTA 2001 said:

doubledog said:

Quote:

That's not systemic racism. What you have described is supply and demand.
You are half correct. The limited supply of good weather cities is overpowered by the demand to live there, which makes those cities expensive to live in.

Some Americans face uphill battles to get out of high poverty, high crime cities with bad weather through no fault of their own except they were born in high poverty, high crime cities with bad weather.

The piece you are missing is that minorities are far more likely to be born in high poverty, high crime cities with terrible weather.

A minority born in Jackson, MS is going to have a much harder time pulling themselves up by their bootstraps compared to a minority born in San Diego, CA.
FTA 2001
Sorry, I disagree. I believe climate change is happening and it's being caused by humans.
JWinTX
Don't forget about National Parks being racist too, since POC don't go there for visits like whitey…
annie88
AG
usmcbrooks said:

Wait til he quits sniffing glue.
one safe place
annie88 said:

The left is both obsessed with race and racism on everything at the same time as well as constant victimization. What a horrible way to live your life.

Their lives are just unbelievably sad and petty.

It's really sick.
It is much easier whining and hoping to get special treatment, playing the victim card, as well as trying to get paid than actually doing what is necessary to improve their lot in life. It also draws attention away from their own transgressions.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
FTA 2001 said:

Sorry, I disagree. I believe climate change is happening and it's being caused by humans.

What is the ideal temperature for the earth?

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
FTA 2001 said:

Not near as much climate change as is being caused by Mother Nature! Seen Tonga volcano eruption last May and what impacts it has had on our climate for this year
Squadron7
AG
FTA 2001 said:

Squadron7 said:

FTA 2001 said:

Quote:

Read the article I posted.
Quote:

Extreme heat is the number-one weather-related cause of death in the U.S.

I stand corrected. Globally, though, it is the opposite.
annie88
AG
FTA 2001 said:

I'm sorry to hear that.

You're worrying about something that doesn't exist.

You're spending your life in fear of something that will not happen that basically boils down to control and money. They want to control what you eat, when you drive. Where you go. They want you dependent on the government.

This is nothing new they've been harping on this for decades, and none of their predictions have come true, nor will they.

You don't even question that Obama and Nancy Pelosi have both bought several beachfront properties. Now ask yourself, if they truly believe in climate change, why would they spend millions doing this? The answer is they wouldn't. They know it's a scam. Rules for the, not for me.

People like Steven Spielberg and Leo DiCaprio, riding around on their private jets, omitting more carbon in one plane ride, than someone will in their entire life with their car.

Not only are the Arctic caps not melting. They're actually thriving. Do a little research on Al Gore and see what a ConMan he is. And when his deadlines pass, no one says anything they just reset them.

Go look at Plymouth rock, same exact, sea level for over 400 years. Those G2 summit photos they took last year? Look at the same photo from the 1920s, the vegetation, the seawall, sea levels all the same. And those are just too off the top of my head.

The "green people" live in a fantasy land. They think that electric cars are going to be feasible for everyone, yet California can't even keep their electric afloat. But that's the rub. The ones in charge know it isn't feasible. Again it's about control.

There's nothing wrong with fossil fuels, they're not hurting the earth, they're from the earth.

You live your life the way you want to but you'll see in 10 to 20 years with nothing has happened. How wrong you were. At least I hope you will, then you'll realize how much of your life you've wasted on nothing. Some people come to see the light others are just mired in wanting to be upset and feel like victims.

Is it good to pollute less and keep trash out of our oceans and our forests? Sure no one saying don't try to make air quality and stuff better, but this idea that we're on some kind of timeline and on your lifetime. Anything will happen to the Earth is pure fantasy.

Climate control, and especially man-made climate control, simply does not exist.

Live your life, be happy and quit worrying about things you can't control.
FTA 2001
annie88 said:

FTA 2001 said:

I'm sorry to hear that.

You're worrying about something that doesn't exist.

You're spending your life in fear of something that will not happen that basically boils down to control and money. They want to control what you eat, when you drive. Where are you go. They want you dependent on the government.

This is nothing new they've been harping on this for decades, and none of their predictions have come true, nor will they.

You don't even question that Obama and Nancy Pelosi have both bought several beachfront properties. Now ask yourself, if they truly believe in climate change, why would they spend millions doing this? The answer is they wouldn't. They know it's a scam. Rules for the, not for me.

People like Steven Spielberg and Leo DiCaprio, riding around on their private jets, omitting more carbon in one plane ride, than someone will in their entire life with their car.

Not only are the Arctic caps not melting. They're actually thriving. Do a little research on Al Gore and see what a ConMan he is. And when his deadlines past, no one says anything they just reset them.

Go look at Plymouth rock, same exact, sea level edit for over 400 years. Those G2 summit photos they took last year? Look at the same photo from the 1920s, the vegetation, the seawall levels all the same. And those are just too off the top of my head.

The "green people" live in a fantasy land. They think that electric cars are going to be feasible for everyone, yet California can't even keep their electric afloat. But that's the rub. The ones in charge know it isn't feasible. Again it's about control.

There's nothing wrong with fossil fuels, they're not hurting the earth, they're from the earth.

You live your life the way you want to but you'll see in 10 to 20 years with nothing has happened. How did you were. At least I hope you will, then you'll realize how much of your life you've wasted on nothing. Some people come to see the light others are just mired in wanting to be upset and feel like victims.

Is it good to pollute less and keep trash out of our oceans and our forests? Sure no one saying don't try to make air quality in stuff better, but this idea that we're on some kind of timeline and your lifetime. Anything will happen to the Earth is pure fantasy.

Live your life, be happy and quit worrying about things you can't control.
You don't know anything about me. I love my life. I'm not persuaded by arguments like this. I prefer facts backed up with sources, and I prefer scientific theories backed up with evidence.

The facts and the science suggests that CO2 being pumped into our atmosphere is warming our planet.
sleepybeagle
AG
FTA 2001 said:

Yes - climate changes, cause that's what climate does!

So... How do you account for the changes in climate in the past before all of your human produced "greenhouse" gas? Sorry but you can't.

Climate change = money laundering for the left.
FTA 2001
sleepybeagle said:

FTA 2001 said:

Yes - climate changes, cause that's what climate does!

So... How do you account for the changes in climate in the past before all of your human produced "greenhouse" gas? Sorry but you can't.

Climate change = money laundering for the left.

Happy to explain. The rate at which our planet warmed and cooled previously was over thousands of years.

The warming that began occurring with the industrial revolution is happening much faster. If you don't believe me, here is NASA:

https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/
Quote:

The current warming trend is different because it is clearly the result of human activities since the mid-1800s, and is proceeding at a rate not seen over many recent millennia. It is undeniable that human activities have produced the atmospheric gases that have trapped more of the Sun's energy in the Earth system. This extra energy has warmed the atmosphere, ocean, and land, and widespread and rapid changes in the atmosphere, ocean, cryosphere, and biosphere have occurred.
annie88
AG
Quote:

You don't know anything about me. I love my life. I'm not persuaded by arguments like this. I prefer facts backed up with sources, and I prefer scientific theories backed up with evidence.

The facts and the science suggests that CO2 being pumped into our atmosphere is warming our planet.
No, the facts don't. They don't at all, you've again bought into the lies.

The paid scientists will say anything for money and control, look how you're responding, with false data. Look at all the covid lies.

Look at that graphic again from Europe, lower temperatures but now putting in red to scare people. It's called propaganda.

Again, 1980 was much worse than this year in Texas, I lived it. And yet, 43 years later, here we are. But sure, believe the Al Gores of the world.

Great, love your life, but the sooner you quit believing the BS, the better.
FIDO*98*
AG
FTA 2001 said:

If climate change was the result of humans, climate activists and politicians would be pushing for nuclear power. They're not because the grift is in wind/solar. All you need to do is follow the money and look at the carbon footprint of the 1%ers. They don't actually believe it, it's a scare tactic to get you to vote "D" for massive spending that is actually crushing the morons who think it's real and reversible
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.