Climate emergency=Covid powers being invoked?

9,433 Views | 129 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Rapier108
nortex97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Note that gun control and socialization of education/healthcare had to come first.
Buford T. Justice
AG
Bob French needs to invite him to lunch and begin the conversation with, "Look dude…"

"Gimme a diablo sandwhich and a dr. pepper...to go"
samurai_science
e=mc2 said:

Birdwatcher said:

I've been thinking about this, and the more I think about it the more im convinced that Biden should simply create the 'Climate Force' in the same way that Trump created the space force. It would have a number of outstanding benefits:
  • be able to siphon money from the defense budget with little to no oversight from the existing establishment.
  • Establish a new branch of the military that would generate interest and reach to a large percentage of the youth that would like to dedicate their time and efforts to combating climate change.
  • This would also have the added benefit of adding left wing concepts to the military, so future voters would not all heavily trend to the right.
  • The climate force would be a drop in force that could combat lots of scenarios ( wild fires, floods etc) that we are generally unprepared to deal with.
  • Climate force enlisted would have the same GI Bill rights, which would solve a large education funding problem that exists.

Dumbest. ***** Ever. Posted.

What a beta clown post.
It's trolling
RafterAg223
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

TyHolden said:

Aggie Shel would welcome this....

Quite a leap of "logic" in this clown's statement.

I would say the average temperature is the most telling stat that Shel touches himself too much. (not that his statement even makes any sense)

BadMoonRisin
AG

Did anyone have "Aliens wrote a letter to our government telling them that we are killing the earth?" on their bingo cards?
nortex97
AG
**** me, these are some creative commies.
Rocky Rider
AG
nortex97 said:

Birdwatcher said:

Climate emergency? Lol it doesn't matter since we are past the point of no return without massive trauma. There's going to need to be a staggering population reduction to reach sustainability. Unfortunately much of the developing world will bare the brunt of this but we will still experience in the us water wars and climate refugees in the coming decade.
Do you mind providing a link to this analyses? Thx.
Hey Birdwatcher - I scrolled through 4 pages hoping to see your response to this question. Did I miss it?
B-1 83
AG
As a real scientist, I've always found it fascinating how climate change "science" doesn't even have to follow the very basics of science called the Scientific Method.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
PCC_80
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

Did anyone have "Aliens wrote a letter to our government telling them that we are killing the earth?" on their bingo cards?
Seriously ? ? ? A letter from the Aliens telling us that everything that the Dems/Libs want to do is on the correct path in saving the planet from Climate Change. Of course the letter is being provided to us and read to us by a Huge Dem/Lib. Apparently this crap is actually being read into the Congressional Record to be there for all time. What a F....ing Joke this country has become.

I really liked the part about how we need to give our leaders amnesty for their actions. F... that.

No wonder our Govt is completely F'ed Up and generally incompetent. These people are imbeciles and generally unserious individuals. Yet we put these morons in positions of power and authority. None of these people should be allowed to run a Lemonade Stand.
Buford T. Justice
AG
Could it be that the average daily temp is higher due to the lack of rain during the month? Rather than a global climate crisis?
"Gimme a diablo sandwhich and a dr. pepper...to go"
Captain Pablo
AG
Rocky Rider said:

nortex97 said:

Birdwatcher said:

Climate emergency? Lol it doesn't matter since we are past the point of no return without massive trauma. There's going to need to be a staggering population reduction to reach sustainability. Unfortunately much of the developing world will bare the brunt of this but we will still experience in the us water wars and climate refugees in the coming decade.
Do you mind providing a link to this analyses? Thx.
Hey Birdwatcher - I scrolled through 4 pages hoping to see your response to this question. Did I miss it?

She won't answer

I asked her how her major depopulation scheme should be carried out

No response
RafterAg223
AG
Buford T. Justice said:

Could it be that the average daily temp is higher due to the lack of rain during the month? Rather than a global climate crisis?

That makes far too much sense. The real non made for tv Mets out there are saying exactly this. The media types clearly have an agenda being fed to them by their overlords at the UN and the left.
JerryHelper
Shooter McGavin said:

There would be a revolt like never seen before.

Please. Everyone would do the same thing they always do: whine on their phones and then go back to watching Netflix
richardag
PCC_80 said:

BadMoonRisin said:

Seriously ? ? ? A letter from the Aliens telling us that everything that the Dems/Libs want to do is on the correct path in saving the planet from Climate Change. Of course the letter is being provided to us and read to us by a Huge Dem/Lib. Apparently this crap is actually being read into the Congressional Record to be there for all time. What a F....ing Joke this country has become.

I really liked the part about how we need to give our leaders amnesty for their actions. F... that.

No wonder our Govt is completely F'ed Up and generally incompetent. These people are imbeciles and generally unserious individuals. Yet we put these morons in positions of power and authority. None of these people should be allowed to run a Lemonade Stand.
I did not realize this was read in a Congressional hearing. WTH is wrong with these idiots.

Anyone who is considering voting for any of these politicians that believe this crap needs to seriously reconsider their voting preferences immediately.

Is there a list of those politicians that believe this utter rubbish.
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
Stat Monitor Repairman
BadMoonRisin said:

This topic may have been broached on the 5-year old ufo thread in that Aliens show up the tell us humans are causing great harm to the planet.

Crazy people would call in to the Art Bell show all the time saying this very thing. And we talking 25 years ago or more.

So Im not surprised and the fact that people at the highest levels of government are pushing this now in 2023 is hilarious.

The call-in format of the Art Bell show would be wild nowadays but he passed away several years ago Rip Art.

Meanwhile Joe Rogan is the new Art Bell.
VegasAg86
AG
Birdwatcher said:

They've been making these claims for more than 50 years and have never been close to accurate.

18 Spectacularly Wrong Predictions from Around 1970

Some highlights:
Quote:

"Population will inevitably and completely outstrip whatever small increases in food supplies we make," Paul Ehrlich confidently declared in the April 1970 issue of Mademoiselle. "The death rate will increase until at least 100-200 million people per year will be starving to death during the next ten years."

Quote:

Ehrlich sketched out his most alarmist scenario for the 1970 Earth Day issue of The Progressive, assuring readers that between 1980 and 1989, some 4 billion people, including 65 million Americans, would perish in the "Great Die-Off."
Quote:

Paul Ehrlich warned in the May 1970 issue of Audubon that DDT and other chlorinated hydrocarbons "may have substantially reduced the life expectancy of people born since 1945." Ehrlich warned that Americans born since 1946…now had a life expectancy of only 49 years, and he predicted that if current patterns continued this expectancy would reach 42 years by 1980 when it might level out. (Note: According to the most recent CDC report, life expectancy in the US is 78.6 years).
Quote:

Ecologist Kenneth Watt declared, "By the year 2000 if present trends continue, we will be using up crude oil at such a rate…that there won't be any more crude oil. You'll drive up to the pump and say, `Fill 'er up, buddy,' and he'll say, `I am very sorry, there isn't any.'"
Quote:

Harrison Brown, a scientist at the National Academy of Sciences, published a chart in Scientific American that looked at metal reserves and estimated the humanity would totally run out of copper shortly after 2000. Lead, zinc, tin, gold, and silver would be gone before 1990.
Quote:

Kenneth Watt warned about a pending Ice Age in a speech. "The world has been chilling sharply for about twenty years," he declared. "If present trends continue, the world will be about four degrees colder for the global mean temperature in 1990, but eleven degrees colder in the year 2000. This is about twice what it would take to put us into an ice age."
Many of us lived through all of this.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Birdwatcher said:

I've been thinking about this, and the more I think about it the more im convinced that Biden should simply create the 'Climate Force' in the same way that Trump created the space force. It would have a number of outstanding benefits:
  • be able to siphon money from the defense budget with little to no oversight from the existing establishment.
  • Establish a new branch of the military that would generate interest and reach to a large percentage of the youth that would like to dedicate their time and efforts to combating climate change.
  • This would also have the added benefit of adding left wing concepts to the military, so future voters would not all heavily trend to the right.
  • The climate force would be a drop in force that could combat lots of scenarios ( wild fires, floods etc) that we are generally unprepared to deal with.
  • Climate force enlisted would have the same GI Bill rights, which would solve a large education funding problem that exists.

This sounds very similar to what Obama was talking about as far back as 2009.
captkirk
AG
jja79
AG
Meteorologist Joe Biden is burning fossil fuel and increasing his carbon footprint next week to come to Arizona and tell us it's hot.
VegasAg86
AG
jja79 said:

Meteorologist Joe Biden is burning fossil fuel and increasing his carbon footprint next week to come to Arizona and tell us it's hot.
Hot in Arizona in August? Shocking. Next you'll tell me it is dry, too. Whatever will we do?
jja79
AG
The local weather fakers are having a bad day today
Just 98 at noon and they don't like it.
captkirk
AG
TyHolden
AG
here's a link to the article...

captkirk
AG

https://realclimatescience.com/2019/09/hiding-the-hottest-month-ever/

Rapier108
TyHolden said:

here's a link to the article...

The media is slowly starting to run articles on this, but so far they're all prefaced with the claim that the volcano is simply "making climate change worse."

They'll never admit the volcano is the primary cause, along with the reemergence of El Nino.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.