DOJ to Sue Texas to Force Removal of Floating Border Barrier

8,933 Views | 85 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by ChemEAg08
Dr. Mephisto
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rapier108 said:

Look who crawled out from his hole to chime in. Guess he's not done yet trying to run for office in Texas.

"Beto" is currently on of the top trends on Twitter. His fan club is out in force as he rage tweets.

In that picture, Robert looks like he just swam across the Rio Grande!
Kenneth_2003
AG
Ag87H2O said:

This should be Abbott's response to the feds. There needs to be a confrontation, whether it's with border agents or in the courts. We cannot wait another year and a half and hope there will be a Repbulican President to fix the mess.
No. The proper response would be

"To the DOJ,

NUTS!"
AGHouston11
AG
They did the same thing to AZ. They built a wall with ship freight containers. It was a massive wall. They forced them to remove it.

The government has failed completely in protecting the US taxpayers. All three branches.
An L of an Ag
AG
AGHouston11 said:

They did the same thing to AZ. They built a wall with ship freight containers. It was a massive wall. They forced them to remove it.

The government has failed completely in protecting the US taxpayers. All three branches.

So why do the states, let alone the people, continue to obey?
whatthehey78
AG
Can only mean one thing...the barrier works! An improvement...electrify em when touched.
MaroonStain
AG
Evidently buoys work. Install more buoys.
maxag42
Withhold federal funds? Fine, stop sending Texas taxes to the government. As the second largest population in all states, it will hit the federal budget hard and we'll see who cries first.
Robert L. Peters
**** Biden. **** Mexico.

Let's go Abbott!
What you say, Paper Champion? I'm gonna beat you like a dog, a dog, you hear me!
Desert Professor
AG
We need to kick the Feds out! And take charge. Or Texit. Enough is enough.
FTAG 2000
AG
Wheels had to know this would come.

Is he going to stand down like a little ***** or actually tell the DOJ to pound sand?

I'd arrest every DOJ lawyer in this state and tell them to F off if I was governor.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
I wish DeSantis was our governor. He would be telling the feds to f off and being way more aggressive at stopping the border waves than Abbott is. In fact, he would have been stopping this crap 2 years ago when it all started.
LOYAL AG
AG
maxag42 said:

Withhold federal funds? Fine, stop sending Texas taxes to the government. As the second largest population in all states, it will hit the federal budget hard and we'll see who cries first.

Nice theory but most of the taxes collected come directly from the taxpayers. Another insidious impact of the 16th Amendment, it created a direct connection between citizens and the federal government which served to further weaken the states.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
ntxVol
I'm not a lawyer but, my first question is, does the federal government have standing in this case?
TexAgs91
AG
flakrat said:

Why is Brandon's DOJ so obsessed with stopping measures that help curb illegal immigration?

I bet Pepperidge Farms knows.

I know. Because democrats are at war with America.
Fight! Fight! Fight!
TexAgs91
AG
Tell the DOJ to mind their business. This is Texas.
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Secolobo
AG
His name is "beta".
Kenneth_2003
AG
Rapier108 said:

Look who crawled out from his hole to chime in. Guess he's not done yet trying to run for office in Texas.

"Beto" is currently on of the top trends on Twitter. His fan club is out in force as he rage tweets.

Is it just me or does he look like Hunter with that beard?
e=mc2
AG
I agree, it is inhumane for humans to get caught up in floating razor wire. There should be gators there in between.
Old May Banker
AG
**** beta. He's a worthless POS.
Fightin_Aggie
AG
e=mc2 said:

I agree, it is inhumane for humans to get caught up in floating razor wire. There should be gators there in between.
I asked for sharks with laser beams on their heads

Is that too much to ask for!
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
SanAntoneAg
AG
Amazing how the current administration now give two shiats about what is going on at our country's southern border.

I'm sure they'll get Kamala, the boarder czar, out of the basement and right on it.
Gig 'em! '90
AnScAggie
AG
Change the narrative, say the buoys are to combat global warming, save the salamanders, or some other stupid leftist lib agenda item.
ts5641
These are the things our own justice department are focusing on. Not creating a barrier between us and an invading hoard, but suing one of its own states to stop them from trying to do so.
Clown world!
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Leave our little buoys alone!
AggieIce
AG
Ignore them, just like most liberals ignore laws
jetch17
AG
This sh*t is infuriating.

Saw the story about 'how dare there be 3 layers of razor wire ON THE TX SIDE that "migrants" may hurt themselves on AFTER they get past the bouys'

CLOWN ASS WORLD
Get Off My Lawn
Arrest any fed who helps illegals. Let me rot in Huntsville. Give them the same "rights" the capital tourists got.

I'm truly amazed we haven't seen Americans shooting feds over border treason already.
twk
AG
I'm struggling to see what the basis for their suit would be. When Texas joined the Union, it retained it's public lands, and navigable rivers in Texas are owned by the State. So, up to the middle of that channel, the Rio Grande belongs to Texas, not the US. Unless there is some treaty with Mexico that would bar this, I don't see a basis for the feds to butt in. The buoys aren't enforcing immigration law -- they are just improvements to property owned by the State. Barring some treaty prohibition, Texas could concrete its half of the channel, or do any number of things as owner of the river.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Rapier108 said:

Just an aside…I've noticed whoever ghost writes these tweets for the progressives (beto, Pedo Pete Joe Biden, Obama, etc.) they sure as hell aren't writing them)) sure does love to include obvious dog whistles for their followers. No matter whose twitter account tweets it, all the messages are strikingly similar.

"X has blood on their hands!"

"Group Y is on the front lines in this war!"

"Stop Z from threatening our democracy!"

It's so painfully transparent yet the useful idiots lap it up like nectar from the gods.
Houstonag
AG
Abbott should ignore all rulings except for the one that denies the request. All the way to the SC. Texas has a constitutional right to defend agains an invasion.
whatthehey78
AG
Give Biden a crescent wrench and screw driver...tell him to remove them.
Nitro Power
AG
Just tell them the buoys are to keep and invasive species of alligator, crocodile, or piranha out of the Mexican side. Let them know we are actually doing them a favor.
AGHouston11
AG
Houstonag said:

Abbott should ignore all rulings except for the one that denies the request. All the way to the SC. Texas has a constitutional right to defend agains an invasion.

The Supreme Court just like the other two branches of government have failed on this issue and will do it again.
Ciboag96
His response should be:

Nuts!
aggiese72
AG
On the Texas /U.S. side of the border facing the foreign territory post this sign clearly seen every 200 feet :

TRESPASSERS WILL BE SHOT.
SURVIVORS WILL BE SHOT AGAIN!
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.