DeSantis..looks, voice and personality a hindrance?

6,573 Views | 105 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by aggie93
safety guy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What desantis needs is a forum to discuss issues. Trump gets headlines and media because of the bluster. The media wants what gets eyeballs or whatever helps the dnc. Desantis is not it at this time. If trump were to drop dead tomorrow, desantis would get a ton coverage. It's just all the republican candidates are lost In trump's enormous shadow.
Nanomachines son
Rapier108 said:

People who vote solely on looks and muh feelz are why the Democrats are competitive and the GOP has to deal with Trump.

LIV are a determent to this country regardless if they are on the left or right.

If you cannot appeal to the general public then you're never going to win, end of story. The general public votes on emotion, you have to be able to deal with that.
Dimebag Darrell
Nah. P.I.M.P.

Dimebag Darrell
The Banned said:

DD88 said:

Owlagdad said:

Lol, some guy got elected after schmooozing Christians, while quoting "Two Corinthians ".
Didn't you know that he doesn't need to ask forgiveness.

I forgot how bad that one was
He's a lying self-worshiping fake Christian for sure.
Dimebag Darrell
93MarineHorn said:

DeSantis is my guy right now. Unfortunately, there are a lot of physical & vocal traits that factor in to winning the general election. He's short. I can't remember the last POTUS that was as short as DeSantis, maybe Truman. He's got a voice that isn't awful, but it's monotone. He comes off as an impatient, "know it all" with just a touch of bully. I can definitely see women not warming up to him.
Why does everyone keep saying he's so short? Isn't Trump like 6'3"? What does that make Desantis...5'11" at worst? Did Trump call him a "midget" or something and all of his cult followers just ran with it like they do with every other lie he spouts? Surely there have been some presidents under 6 ft?

Keep in mind, Melania is 5'11" and i highly doubt she is wearing flats in this picture.

Does Desantis wear platform soles? What gives?
FL_Ag1998
AG
Daddy said:

Big Ron is talented he's a much better executive than he is a politician. He needed Trump so he could even win the governorship of Florida then he ran it well and it got more conservative in this you have a match made in heaven.

Because he's not very sellable in his personal skills on the podium he needs help unless he has gotten in bed with the big establishment Republican party who needs somebody they could control and Ron has decided to go that direction at least he has so far and that's not what we need.

Joe Biden never has gotten close to the number he got in the election those numbers are very fictitious by the millions there were millions of votes that were fake and
Biden didn't have any charisma nobody could even show up to anything and he's a bad manager

I've told people this many times Trump had 50 60 70,000 people showing up to many rallies every day multiple times a day at times. People come to the voting booth for love more than they come to reject the person they hate. Most people just don't care

Yes some people will come vote against Trump as their civic duty since they show up to the podium. But that's never as strong as the people to show up to vote for people they love. Good looking Kari is in the same boat. She won by a lot. They had to cheat

Trump destroyed Hillary
Hillary got less votes than Obama and she was much more popular than Biden. Biden destroyed both of them by what 14 15 million votes on Obama who was very popular. Trump was a very good president at least until the covid year we're not sure yet how he handled that. Trump got 15 more million more votes than he did the previous time and that's even with the left cheating. Trump had more people attending the rallies more people loving him going into the 2020 presidential election. Trump got 46% of the Latino vote and 26% of the black vote that was 50% better than the previous election. That's why despite the cheat they had the stuff ballots at the end because he beat even what their computer said he would beat. Well prove it Daddy. Statistics prove it and that's better than I witness or paid off judges or paid off governors.
Statistics are more accurate than just about anything.

We've already established and seen evidence that the FBI and CIA and the media are not just deceivers but they also have conspired to change elections and to attack people falsely with arrest maybe that's why the other races are voting for Trump so hard compared to any other Republican we've had at least in 60 years. He dominates the working class white vote who has always traditionally been Democrat , they love him. That's why no matter what elitist college graduates Republicans think who want the establishment it won't matter what they vote for with Ron it's the working class white folks that are going to dominate pulling that lever for the orange man.

He's charismatic and inadvertently he reminds people of George Washington because he will rebirth this nation as a super tall president who is battling for them.
Who speaks and when he speaks the stick comes Teddy.

My God, that's a lot of effort put into trolling.
Ribeye-Rare
AG
Does a part of me wish DeSantis had the voice of the late Fred Thompson or perhaps Barry Corbin? Sure.

OTOH, it appears his voice hasn't hindered his effectiveness at governing nor his ability to win elections in Florida.
TexAgs91
AG
Geddy Lee soul patch said:

Yes, we'd like to elect someone solely on their policy positions and leadership qualities...but we also know there are many intangibles that make someone electable to the general populace.

Like many of you, I'm curious why DeSantis isn't capturing the poll numbers that were expected of him. Yes, it's still early, but it's something that I've been thinking about lately...are there physical and personality issues that are holding him back?

Would he be doing better if he were:
Taller and thinner?
More charismatic?
Didn't have a voice that reminds some people of Kermit the Frog or some other Muppet?

Ask this guy about what is needed in the looks/body-type/charisma department
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Bryanisbest
AG
This is a growing problem with America and not the candidates. People vote based on their feelings and superficial things like voice and looks. This is the reason for both TDS and for DeSantis's current lull. Policy wise both are great candidates. I don't like Trump's personality. I like DeSantis's a little better. I'm voting for Trump because his policy is proven to work.

The American voter is now subjective and not objective. We are becoming more and more shallow all the time.
Rocky Rider
AG
Melania looks like she can't stand to breath the same air as The Donald. I'm sure she has good reason. Tells me all I need to know.

Trump is a obese, obnoxious, comb-over bore that has the speaking skills of an 8th grader. It's no wonder he doesn't appeal to swing women voters.

DeSantis all the way.
AggieVictor10
AG
He looks like anormal politician, and in a safe/inoffensive way.

I don't care for his voice but I don't think it's a big problem, I'm not sure why Trump supporters make fun of it. It's just his voice. So it's a non-issue, right?
hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. good times create weak men. and weak men create hard times.

less virtue signaling, more vice signaling.

Birds aren’t real
Lol,lmao
Fjb
TxTarpon
Not a hinderance for Teddy Roosevelt.
TxTarpon
Dis tool got in 2x

None of his photos and fake birth certificate stopped him.
AggieVictor10
AG
Rocky Rider said:

Melania looks like she can't stand to breath the same air as The Donald. I'm sure she has good reason. Tells me all I need to know.

Trump is a obese, obnoxious, comb-over bore that has the speaking skills of an 8th grader. It's no wonder he doesn't appeal to swing women voters.

DeSantis all the way.

Didn't his doctor say he was in good shape though?
hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. good times create weak men. and weak men create hard times.

Birds aren’t real
Lol,lmao
Fjb
Rocky Rider
AG
For someone pushing 80
AggieVictor10
AG
Rocky Rider said:

For someone pushing 80

Sure he's old but so is Biden

Birds aren’t real
Lol,lmao
Fjb
Rocky Rider
AG
AggieVictor10 said:

Rocky Rider said:

For someone pushing 80

History will record this as a top 3 campaign slogan in the 2024 election - unfortunately.

What's next, holding a sprint race using Upright Walkers?
aggie93
AG
He's a lot better than Cruz and has some moments he looks great but can get caught and look awkward too. He also has a super hot wife that communicates great to help. It's smart that he has her and his kids around him as much as possible image wise.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
MookieBlaylock
AG
He is a wee man

Unelectable at that size
Dimebag Darrell
MookieBlaylock said:

He is a wee man

Unelectable at that size
I am 6'3" and I have never thought of 6'0" as small...certainly not "tiny".
AggieVictor10
AG
Rocky Rider said:

AggieVictor10 said:

Rocky Rider said:

For someone pushing 80

History will record this as a top 3 campaign slogan in the 2024 election - unfortunately.

What's next, holding a sprint race using Upright Walkers?

You laugh but i would pay to see that.

Birds aren’t real
Lol,lmao
Fjb
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
annie88
AG
His voice is a little weird, but if we could listen to Obama for all those years… and God Forbid Biden…

There has been talk over the years that George Washington actually had kind of a high-pitched voice. But that's not what I imagine when looking at a portrait of him. Who knows, maybe he sounded like Mike Tyson.
BigRobSA
I'm not gay, like C@LAG, so I never noticed anything like this nor would it affect my vote.

But y'all do you, thilly gootheth.
samurai_science
He just signed the bill to remove permanent Alimony in Florida...hes doing good work.
annie88
AG
Brittmoore Car Club said:

MookieBlaylock said:

He is a wee man

Unelectable at that size
I am 6'3" and I have never thought of 6'0" as small...certainly not "tiny".

Think Ron DeSantis is 5'9" but here are the heights of all the presidents. Madison at only 5'4"!

Abraham Lincoln was the tallest president at 6 feet 4 inches (193 cm) tall.
James Madison was the shortest president at 5 feet 4 inches (163 cm) tall.
The average height of the US presidents is 5 feet 11 inches (180 cm) tall.

1 16 Abraham Lincoln 6 ft 4 in
2 36 Lyndon B. Johnson 6 ft 3.5 in
3 45 Donald J. Trump 6 ft 3 in
4 3 Thomas Jefferson 6 ft 2.5 in
5 1 George Washington 6 ft 2 in
5 21 Chester A. Arthur 6 ft 2 in
5 32 Franklin D. Roosevelt 6 ft 2 in
5 41 George H. W. Bush 6 ft 2 in
5 42 Bill Clinton 6 ft 2 in
10 7 Andrew Jackson 6 ft 1 in
10 35 John F. Kennedy 6 ft 1 in
10 40 Ronald Reagan 6 ft 1 in
10 44 Barack Obama 6 ft 1 in
14 5 James Monroe 6 ft 0 in
14 10 John Tyler 6 ft 0 in
14 15 James Buchanan 6 ft 0 in
14 20 James A. Garfield 6 ft 0 in
14 29 Warren G. Harding 6 ft 0 in
14 38 Gerald R. Ford 6 ft 0 in
20 27 William H. Taft 5 ft 11.5 in
20 31 Herbert Hoover 5 ft 11.5 in
20 37 Richard M. Nixon 5 ft 11.5 in
20 43 George W. Bush 5 ft 11.5 in
20 46 Joe Biden 5 ft 11.5 in
25 22 & 24 Grover Cleveland 5 ft 11 in
25 28 Woodrow Wilson 5 ft 11 in
27 34 Dwight D. Eisenhower 5 ft 10.5 in
28 14 Franklin Pierce 5 ft 10 in
28 17 Andrew Johnson 5 ft 10 in
28 26 Theodore Roosevelt 5 ft 10 in
28 30 Calvin Coolidge 5 ft 10 in
32 39 Jimmy Carter 5 ft 9.5 in
33 13 Millard Fillmore 5 ft 9 in
33 33 Harry S. Truman 5 ft 9 in
35 19 Rutherford B. Hayes 5 ft 8.5 in
36 9 William Henry Harrison 5 ft 8 in
36 11 James K. Polk 5 ft 8 in
36 12 Zachary Taylor 5 ft 8 in
36 18 Ulysses S. Grant 5 ft 8 in
40 6 John Quincy Adams 5 ft 7.5 in
41 2 John Adams 5 ft 7 in
41 25 William McKinley 5 ft 7 in
43 8 Martin Van Buren 5 ft 6 in
43 23 Benjamin Harrison 5 ft 6 in
45 4 James Madison 5 ft 4 in
SwigAg11
AG
DeSantis is 5'11".
annie88
AG
BigRobSA said:

I'm not gay, like C@LAG, so I never noticed anything like this nor would it affect my vote.

But y'all do you, thilly gootheth.

Can you prove you're not gay?

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
ballchain
Waffledynamics
AG
Another drive-by thread.
The Kraken
AG
Waffledynamics said:

Another drive-by thread.
Really?
Dimebag Darrell
So many people seem to really think Desantis is 5'8" - 5'9"...despite irrefutable photo evidence to the contrary. Did this disinformation go out in a Truth Social blast or something?
agz win
AG
Just Googled and Wiki has him at 5'9" with black eyes. There's also info on him wearing lifts.

The Trumpers group at work.
Ag with kids
AG
Joes said:

In fact, do you guys really want to win? I strongly suggest we just nominate the hottest woman we can find regardless of any other factors and put her in a bikini. Luckily, most of the hotties are not leftists so we'll have lots to choose from. Even if she's a moron who cares, the president is just a hood ornament these days anyway to be controlled from behind.
I volunteer to control the hottie from behind!
Funky Winkerbean
AG
agz win said:

Just Googled and Wiki has him at 5'9" with black eyes. There's also info on him wearing lifts.

The Trumpers group at work.
You're projecting your TDS if you think it's Republicans trying to shoot him down.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.